Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Leaving Feedback for a Buyer

As I have been selling more on eBay, I have always wondered about when the appropriate time to leave feedback for the buyer is. It seems to me that in a contractual setting, the buyer's only obligation is to pay. In that case, the buyer has done all that he can do to help the transaction move forward and, depending on the promptness and validity of the payment (not -NSF, etc...), feedback could not be affected after that point, and thus, feedback could/should(?) be left at that time. However, in no case have I (as the BUYER) received positive feedback (on eBay, this site or any other) prior to leaving such for the seller.

Just curious - since the buyer has fulfilled his/her ONLY obligation to the seller upon payment, why is feedback generally not left for the buyer once payment is received?

Would also be interested to hear if any sellers actually leave feedback once payment is received.
ScooterD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

You will get thin skinned people telling that they have to protect themselves...blah, blah, blah.

Here is what I do.

I sell...you pay....I print out label...place on package...leave you feedback.

Edit...Also as a buyer if you do a lettle searching you can tell if a seller has an auto-feeback system.

As a buyer when I receive an item if I have not received FB I just tell the sell that it arrived and would be more than happy to leave feedback once I have received it.

Last edited by jlzinck; 10-12-2012 at 11:46 AM.
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thing that sucks is that I have left about 4000 more feedbacks for buyers than I have received. With that said, I leave feedback for them right after their item is packaged up for shipping.
linney81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
You will get thin skinned people telling that they have to protect themselves...blah, blah, blah.

Here is what I do.

I sell...you pay....I print out label...place on package...leave you feedback.

Edit...Also as a buyer if you do a lettle searching you can tell if a seller has an auto-feeback system.

As a buyer when I receive an item if I have not received FB I just tell the sell that it arrived and would be more than happy to leave feedback once I have received it.
100% this.
edclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

This is just me but I leave feedback once I can confirm the tracking information says delivered.
Greengoblin782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

On the seller side I ask that the buyer leave feedback once they receive it and verify that it is in good order. I let them know as soon as they do so, I will leave feedback as well. Now if the buyer does not leave feedback and 3 weeks has gone by, I check to verify the package was delivered and on what day and as long as it is after the 2 week return policy I will then leave feedback. Just how I have done it.

On the buyer side, I leave feedback as soon as I get the package and look it over to make sure it is as described.
jasoncardmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #7 (permalink)

I do my feedback in bulk once a week.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

As a seller I usually wait to leave feedback until the item shows it was delivered. I find that leaving the feedback at that time increases the chances of the buyer leaving feedback, while it is on the top of their mind, because they just got a package in.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

I leave my feedback every two weeks or so, it's better to do it in batches like that, as I probably recieve about 50 a week or so.
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
I guess I'm thin skinned, because I wait to leave feedback until the buyer does the same. Yeah the buyer's only contractual obligation is to pay, but that doesn't mean that they can't be a d-bag and try and pull a fast one on you after they've done that.

I'd give examples but there's no point because people can argue on both sides of this and be right. In the end OP, just choose a system that works for you and stick with it. Some people like to pull their toiler paper over, some like to pull it under, but at the end of the day as long as it wipes your ass, then it's all just personal preference
DaBaddestHic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:38 AM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Wolfie3300

I have had sellers leave feedback for me immediately after I pay (which is always after the auction is done - within minutes of it being completed), or when they accept my Best Offer). I've bid on stuff that said in the description when the seller will leave feedback.

As I am not a seller on Ebay, I couldn't tell you what I do, but if I did become one, I would leave feedback after I can confirm the item is received. This way, you can't get worked over by a buyer.

I've seen so many times where the seller leaves immediate feedback, the buyer claims to never have received the card (when they did), giving the negative to the seller, and the seller cannot remove the positive they left for the buyer. So basically, the seller gave a positive to a buyer who screwed them over, and then the buyer gives a negative. Where's the protection for the seller in this situation?
Wolfie3300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie3300 View Post
I have had sellers leave feedback for me immediately after I pay (which is always after the auction is done - within minutes of it being completed), or when they accept my Best Offer). I've bid on stuff that said in the description when the seller will leave feedback.

As I am not a seller on Ebay, I couldn't tell you what I do, but if I did become one, I would leave feedback after I can confirm the item is received. This way, you can't get worked over by a buyer.

I've seen so many times where the seller leaves immediate feedback, the buyer claims to never have received the card (when they did), giving the negative to the seller, and the seller cannot remove the positive they left for the buyer. So basically, the seller gave a positive to a buyer who screwed them over, and then the buyer gives a negative. Where's the protection for the seller in this situation?

How would not leaving the positive protect the seller in this situation? The buyer can screw the seller wether they've left feedback or not. Seller's can't leave negs on ebay, so the only punishment for the buyer is one less positive.

Personally as a seller I leave feedback when payment is made and I print the label. I do this because it's what buyers want. Buyer feedback on ebay is meaningless anyway other than it serves as a thank you for your purchase.
bigzig is online now   Reply With Quote