Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 01:04 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies
Default comc bulk price editing tool does it still work?

It keeps bringing up an error when I try to use it. Anyone else having trouble getting it to work?
All Topps Heritage Cubs team sets
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

I just tried it also. It locked up on me while downloading the inventory. Could be my connection though.
jefflasvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Worked fine for me last night.

Jacquizz Rodgers Collector!
washingtonmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies

for me it says automation error, library not registered..
All Topps Heritage Cubs team sets
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Is anyone experiencing problems with the bulk editor? I keep getting an Internet Explorer script error message (line 152, char 9). I know the program doesn't work on the 1st of the month... it's the end of the day on the 2nd, and still getting this. Haven't changed any settings on IE or Microsoft Access runtime...
JimsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

It has been working for me, however, it crashed a few times back in the Fall. Messed up a bunch of prices....
Old 01-02-2013, 10:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

I got it to work, but it took some doing.

Basic problem is that when I go to checkoutmycards.com now, I am automatically redirected to comc.com .

The bulk price editor doesn't work on comc.com. It only works on checkoutmycards.com.

Here's what I did. This works for now, but it might not work tomorrow or a week from now.

* Open the bulk editor. Sign in to COMC.com.

* I get an error message. Exit the error message.

* Now it goes to my dashboard. There is a little link that says "compare to the old checkoutmycards.com". Click on that link.

* Now it redirects me to the login page of checkoutmycards.com.

I talked to someone at COMC when I was having issues with the bulk editor before. If you bought anything in "simplified shipping mode" on COMC.com, the bulk editor will reduce the price of the card by 25 cents every time you use the bulk editor.

I was told that the bulk editor is not compatible with COMC.com, and they don't seem to intend to make it compatible with COMC.com. What they're going to replace it with, I have no idea. Maybe that's the idea behind the "promo sales" feature.

At any rate, you can use the bulk editor for now. But you might not be able to use it tomorrow, or a week from now, or a month from now.

So, if you're going to use the bulk editor, my advice - make it count. Set everything at a price you can live with, and in the future, if you need to adjust prices, use the "promotional sale" feature, or the upcoming "partial port sale" feature.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks, checkoutmydeals! By the way, thanks for all of your helpful posts in the main thread.

i'll give that a try and see how it goes. Hope COMC can develop a function that can allow us to search criteria in our portfolio on the website (price, acquired dates, search terms, etc) and them have the option to make a universal price change, similar to the bulk editor. This would save me a huge amount of time and increase selling activity, too.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

Hope COMC can develop a function that can allow us to search criteria in our portfolio on the website (price, acquired dates, search terms, etc) and them have the option to make a universal price change, similar to the bulk editor.

You sort of can, using the "Easter Egg" feature, but it requires that you have a bunch of cards in "Manage Inventory" that you want to price the same.

How to Edit Prices Quickly - YouTube

On the new site, you can filter your "My Inventory" by team (just enter the team name), autographed cards (enter the word "auto" in the My Inventory search), memorabilia cards (enter the word "mem" in the My Inventory search), rookie cards (enter the words "rc rookie" in the My Inventory search), and serial numbered cards (enter the word "SN" in the My Inventory search). You can also mix and match those search terms.

I agree that I would like more functionality in the searches. Sorting the "Manage Inventory" by your asking price would be very useful, and probably not too hard to implement. Though, some of the recent changes (the ability to filter by team, or just to show auto / memorabilia cards, for example) have been ones that people have been requesting for years (though I'm not sure anyone requested 'please charge me $3 per day plus an additional 3% of my sales on top of all your other fees').
Old 01-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

Hey, thanks for the easter egg tip... that works nicely

Would still love the functionality as you describe!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:13 PM   #11 (permalink)

Hey, y'all. We definitely hope to get a new version of the BPE working for COMC - that's one of the reasons we haven't retired the old site yet, since we know that's such a crucial utility for so many people.
Thanks for posting that workaround, checkoutmydeals. You're correct that the old site will redirect people to the new site UNLESS they were sent to the old site BY the new site. Tim tried to explain it to me, but there's a reason they didn't hire me to do any programming here.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote