Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #26 (permalink)

Very unfortunate if true.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
I'll tell you why I'm asking...because I think you're reporting information that might not be accurate.

I don't remember hearing from the seller that he is trying to pull his inventory. I could be wrong.
we will let him let us know what is going on
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbre...QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0
brentandbecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:16 PM   #28 (permalink)
Inactive Account

I am working with Tim to resolve a problem with inventory. There are many scenarios that could have taken place. Tim nor his staff have ever done anything but the best for me and i feel comfortable with them even on this situation. Please do not be afraid to send anything into them as this is an isolated incident. I have been with COCM for several years and this is the first hiccup i have incurred. We will get it worked out. Tim is handling this matter in a professional manner and has been in contact with me twice today. COMC is a great place to B/S cards and will continue to be a place to do just that. A growing company runs into problems from time to time but those things will get worked out. Continue to support COMC.
TSJCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSJCT View Post
I am working with Tim to resolve a problem with inventory. There are many scenarios that could have taken place. Tim nor his staff have ever done anything but the best for me and i feel comfortable with them even on this situation. Please do not be afraid to send anything into them as this is an isolated incident. I have been with COCM for several years and this is the first hiccup i have incurred. We will get it worked out. Tim is handling this matter in a professional manner and has been in contact with me twice today. COMC is a great place to B/S cards and will continue to be a place to do just that. A growing company runs into problems from time to time but those things will get worked out. Continue to support COMC.
+1 I do think this will most likely be an isolated incident.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Sorry this happened with your stuff, but what you wrote here is professional and eloquent. It can curb any panic/sky is falling, which seems to be already starting without a majority of the public not having any idea of what the situation is, including myself. I just read tweets/posts without a real knowledge of what exactly happened. I know they mentioned in the past everything is videotaped and they have security 24/7, so it sounds like it is either an employee or maybe in the delivery process.

If it is maybe one bad apple, or a postal carrier, whatever the case is...it will get resolved. I, and others will appreciate this post by you, and I hope Tim and COMC can help you resolve what happened...as well as put in safeguards for the future so this won't happen again.
papercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #31 (permalink)

Hey, all. I'm Jeremy and I work for COMC. Ususally we don't say much about internal investigations, but I felt it was appropriate to chime in briefly in this case. First, I want to say that this issue is currently our top priority. As fisk-factor75 said, our entire business model is founded on trust; we take concerns like this with the highest seriousness. Steve Hollander our Customer Accounts Manager and longest-tenured employee is working with Jim the head of Processing, and Jen who leads Customer Relations on our investigation.
Second, while we have not been able to completely rule out employee theft as a possibility yet, it does not appear that was the case. We monitor our facility with several redundant systems and we keep meticulous notes on the movement of all items in our care. We will not make the claim that "theft can never happen here", that would be both arrogant and unprovable. We can say that our combination of monitoring practices has almost totally ruled out employee theft in this specific case.
We have been open for over five years and gratefully have never had an instance of employee theft. Every employee has a thorough background screening done by a very reputable firm before being brought on. We do not hire casually, and we hold everyone to high standards of personal integrity. We will continue to investigate this, and I am confident that our team working with the consignor will be able to see it resolved soon.
Thanks,
Jeremy
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Well that is a very rationed, level-headed response and pretty much what I expected. Seems like both sides are handling it well...good on you Coby
Old 11-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #33 (permalink)

I believe in COMC will get to the bottom of this. The CS has always been transparent and do a great job.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:43 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
Well that is a very rationed, level-headed response and pretty much what I expected. Seems like both sides are handling it well...good on you Coby
Agreed. This might be the most mature and well mannered thread I've ever read, considering the potential for chaos that could have manifested itself here. Very nice to see, and I am looking forward to hearing the resolution very soon.

Well played by everyone.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Hey, all. I'm Jeremy and I work for COMC. Ususally we don't say much about internal investigations, but I felt it was appropriate to chime in briefly in this case. First, I want to say that this issue is currently our top priority. As fisk-factor75 said, our entire business model is founded on trust; we take concerns like this with the highest seriousness. Steve Hollander our Customer Accounts Manager and longest-tenured employee is working with Jim the head of Processing, and Jen who leads Customer Relations on our investigation.
Second, while we have not been able to completely rule out employee theft as a possibility yet, it does not appear that was the case. We monitor our facility with several redundant systems and we keep meticulous notes on the movement of all items in our care. We will not make the claim that "theft can never happen here", that would be both arrogant and unprovable. We can say that our combination of monitoring practices has almost totally ruled out employee theft in this specific case.
We have been open for over five years and gratefully have never had an instance of employee theft. Every employee has a thorough background screening done by a very reputable firm before being brought on. We do not hire casually, and we hold everyone to high standards of personal integrity. We will continue to investigate this, and I am confident that our team working with the consignor will be able to see it resolved soon.
Thanks,
Jeremy
So does this mean that the batch in question never made it to you guys? I have heard about submissions to Beckett grading being stolen, so I wouldn't be surprised if the package was appropriated before it got to COMC OR the package got sent to the wrong place.

I am glad to hear about the meticulous inventory system. The more we learn about the actually nuts and bolts of COMC card processing, the better we will all feel in the long run.
wesnilevirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #36 (permalink)

Just sent out an order today and this has not hindered my view on the company. No company is perfect. I have all the faith in the world that comc will do the right thing, and it looks like those steps have already begun

30% COMC PORT THROUGH END OF THE MONTH!
Kyle213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #37 (permalink)

From reading that I figured he must have sent the cards in and they just never made it to COMC and he saw them turn up on ebay...I've had a few things not make it to me, but never found them on ebay...which would suck.

*also...i've been dealing with COMC for a long time now, not a high volume seller or anything but i send stuff in every now and then...I've never had any problems and they have always been a first class place to deal with in my opinion. I wouldn't hesitate to send them stuff, in fact i'm getting another shipment ready soon to send in.

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com

Last edited by mindbinge; 11-08-2012 at 06:29 PM.
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #38 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

I have a couple questions:

1. Were the cards marked delivered by USPS?

2. Was the comc account charged for the cards?

3. Is the eBay account noted for selling the cards correct?

If the cards were marked delivered and the account was not charged, then I could see USPS theft. If they were charged as was reported on twitter, then I would have to assume comc theft.

If the eBay ID reported as selling the cards is correct, then I am very concerned since that account has existed since 2007, but did not start selling until november 2011 and has been posting in (what appears to me to be) batches. The pattern is disturbing.

For the record, I will still be sending cards to comc.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #39 (permalink)

So who is the seller? This is some major F'd up stuff. There could literally be zero reason why this could be okay.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #40 (permalink)
Inactive Account

The problem has been resolved. Tim was very very professional with his help in this manner. I am very satisfied and look forward to many more years with COMC. We are thinking it has something to do with USPS and the investigation into that has begun. It will take some time to get everything searched out but once and if a conclusion is found i will update. This was NOT a COMC issue after all the investigating we have done. Feel confident in COMC and their staff as i will continue to do the same.
TSJCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #41 (permalink)

Glad to hear this worked out in some regards for you. I wish you the best of luck resolving this matter entirely.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #42 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by briscogun View Post
Agreed. This might be the most mature and well mannered thread I've ever read, considering the potential for chaos that could have manifested itself here. Very nice to see, and I am looking forward to hearing the resolution very soon.

Well played by everyone.
Agreed. I hope everyone can get things back to normal goodluck and keep us posted
pierrethomasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #43 (permalink)
Banned

please share ebay seller,,,
bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
The problem has been resolved. Tim was very very professional with his help in this manner. I am very satisfied and look forward to many more years with COMC. We are thinking it has something to do with USPS and the investigation into that has begun. It will take some time to get everything searched out but once and if a conclusion is found i will update. This was NOT a COMC issue after all the investigating we have done. Feel confident in COMC and their staff as i will continue to do the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrethomasfan View Post
Agreed. I hope everyone can get things back to normal goodluck and keep us posted

Haha...seriously wtf. Do people just not at all read the thread they are posting in anymore?? This is the 2nd time it happened in like 15 posts.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #45 (permalink)

If there is one, there is more. Call it human-error, a systems failure, isolated incident, whatever you want. So now I will have to catalog anything that I DO decide to send COMC. Not saying that it will happen or could happen, but if I do not do MY due diligence then I can get burnt. This sucks, more work for me or any other current and potential COMC customer.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #46 (permalink)

Can we get the ebay ID?
Old 11-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #47 (permalink)

So no packages where lost or stolen, or am I reading this wrong?

How we Handle Potential Security Breaches
Yesterday we had an opportunity to exercise and evaluate our security procedures. It was brought to my attention that one of our largest sellers thought a shipment from last month didnít make it into his account. Fortunately, he is very good about always sending us notifications every time he mails a package. This was a critical piece of our investigation, and it allowed us to narrow down what to look for.

We had one investigation team review all of the pictures and videos we recorded of his packages. They were able to verify that we took pictures of all 12 of the tracking numbers that he had submitted. They also had the videos of how we transferred those 12 packages into 23 batches.

Another investigation team reviewed the 23 batches. We tallied all of the cards deposited, counted the few cards set aside to be returned, and double checked that we didnít forget to identify any scanned images. In the end the margin of error between his estimates and our counts was 0.03%. That is 3 in 10,000 cards. So we are confident that all 12 packages made it completely into his account.

At the end of the day we are glad we have so many checks and redundancies in place, and we are fully confident that our systems are solid. This investigation was a great test of our dedication to excellence, and the strength of our teams. Every item we handle is a sign that someone trusts us with their property, and we never forget the responsibility we have to handle all of our inventory with respect and diligent security.

Copied and pasted from COMC blog.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #48 (permalink)

Confusing explanation. A whole lot of words, but it's not clear what actually happened.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #49 (permalink)

Hi, Jamoch00. You're correct: nothing was lost or stolen from our facility. We're still investigating to see if there were any losses prior to a shipment reaching us.
Thanks,
Jeremy

P.S. the blog post giving a few more details is here: Condition Reviews, Security & New Video | COMC Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamoch00 View Post
So no packages where lost or stolen, or am I reading this wrong?

How we Handle Potential Security Breaches
Yesterday we had an opportunity to exercise and evaluate our security procedures. It was brought to my attention that one of our largest sellers thought a shipment from last month didnít make it into his account. Fortunately, he is very good about always sending us notifications every time he mails a package. This was a critical piece of our investigation, and it allowed us to narrow down what to look for.

We had one investigation team review all of the pictures and videos we recorded of his packages. They were able to verify that we took pictures of all 12 of the tracking numbers that he had submitted. They also had the videos of how we transferred those 12 packages into 23 batches.

Another investigation team reviewed the 23 batches. We tallied all of the cards deposited, counted the few cards set aside to be returned, and double checked that we didnít forget to identify any scanned images. In the end the margin of error between his estimates and our counts was 0.03%. That is 3 in 10,000 cards. So we are confident that all 12 packages made it completely into his account.

At the end of the day we are glad we have so many checks and redundancies in place, and we are fully confident that our systems are solid. This investigation was a great test of our dedication to excellence, and the strength of our teams. Every item we handle is a sign that someone trusts us with their property, and we never forget the responsibility we have to handle all of our inventory with respect and diligent security.

Copied and pasted from COMC blog.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #50 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

If I thought a company was being dishonest in their response to a problem, that would bother me a hell of a lot more than if I thought a package was stolen by an employee.