Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/ebay-comc-online-selling-shows-paypal-shipping/)
-   -   Anyone new who this COMC seller is? (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/ebay-comc-online-selling-shows-paypal-shipping/395896-anyone-new-who-comc-seller.html)

dbroockerd 11-09-2012 04:11 PM

Anyone new who this COMC seller is?

I need a card that JoelsHitShow has but need to speak to him/her about it first. Does anyone happen to know who this seller is? Is there any way to contact them?

Tugarpj 11-09-2012 04:17 PM

That's what I hate about COMC. No ability to contact seller. A major overhaul in that department is needed.

Jester 11-09-2012 05:08 PM

Hi, dbroockerd. I work for COMC.
If it is a question about a card our Customer Relations team can often help if you send them the item ID number (this is the 7 digit number listed with each card). Since we don't require that users be over 18 like most sites do, we unfortunately can't allow direct communication between users.
Thanks,
Jeremy

wesnilevirus 11-09-2012 05:09 PM

I actually like the fact that nobody can communicate with me, keeps things cleaner

ernieren 11-09-2012 05:10 PM

It also works better with no direct contact. You see the card and the cond. no need to contact someone. If you don't like the price you either pass on the card or just wait until the said seller has a sale.

dbroockerd 11-09-2012 05:14 PM

[QUOTE=Jester;3614732]Hi, dbroockerd. I work for COMC.
If it is a question about a card our Customer Relations team can often help if you send them the item ID number (this is the 7 digit number listed with each card). Since we don't require that users be over 18 like most sites do, we unfortunately can't allow direct communication between users.
Thanks,
Jeremy[/QUOTE]

It's not directly about a card he has on the site yet.

[QUOTE=wesnilevirus;3614743]I actually like the fact that nobody can communicate with me, keeps things cleaner[/QUOTE]
Define cleaner, you afraid guys will call you out for crazy prices or what exactly? Just don't get that.

[QUOTE=ernieren;3614757]It also works better with no direct contact. You see the card and the cond. no need to contact someone. If you don't like the price you either pass on the card or just wait until the said seller has a sale.[/QUOTE]

This seems to be a common answer with guys who price stuff crazy high. Otherwise customer relations is important and each seller could make more money through communication. There are times I offer .20 less than the seller wants because that is all I have in my account and if the seller new that they may consider accepting. Just an example.

Carrbeaz 11-09-2012 05:16 PM

[QUOTE=dbroockerd;3614781]
Define cleaner, you afraid guys will call you out for crazy prices or what exactly? Just don't get that.

This seems to be a common answer with guys who price stuff crazy high. Otherwise customer relations is important and each seller could make more money through communication. There are times I offer .20 less than the seller wants because that is all I have in my account and if the seller new that they may consider accepting. Just an example.[/QUOTE]

And then there are also people who will offer you half of what you have it priced at no matter what you have it set.

dbroockerd 11-09-2012 05:27 PM

[QUOTE=Carrbeaz;3614792]And then there are also people who will offer you half of what you have it priced at no matter what you have it set.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but that is avoidable. The seller has the option to set the acceptance level. No offers under 35% etc. I think contact makes that easier too. At the very least a comment section on an offer. The seller could comment something to guide the buyer in an offer he would accept. I think some sellers set the asking price accordingly, expecting that 50% offer.

As for the underage sellers. Why not have a contact option? If a seller wants no contact then shut it off. If they want contact, turn it on. If they are underage, contact can be automatically off.

dbroockerd 11-09-2012 05:28 PM

Oops double post

XL5 11-09-2012 05:32 PM

[QUOTE=dbroockerd;3614849]
As for the underage sellers. Why not have a contact option? If a seller wants no contact then shut it off. If they want contact, turn it on. If they are underage, contact can be automatically off.[/QUOTE]
Then they'd have to do age verification to allow contact to be turned on.

If you want to make an offer, make an offer. If you have a question about condition, contact COMC.

[URL="http://www.comc.com/Users/JoelsHitShow"]Joelshitshow[/URL] has over 128,000 cards up on COMC. I promise you that the few lost sales for not having a direct communication option are more than made up for by the fact that he doesn't thave to answer questions on 128,000 cards.

Zerokruel 11-09-2012 05:41 PM

[QUOTE=dbroockerd;3614849]Yeah, but that is avoidable. The seller has the option to set the acceptance level. No offers under 35% etc. I think contact makes that easier too. At the very least a comment section on an offer. The seller could comment something to guide the buyer in an offer he would accept. I think some sellers set the asking price accordingly, expecting that 50% offer.

As for the underage sellers. Why not have a contact option? If a seller wants no contact then shut it off. If they want contact, turn it on. If they are underage, contact can be automatically off.[/QUOTE]

You will never have the ability to contact buyers directly. Just like with ebay, buyers and sellers could circumvent the system.

Say I have a card you want to pay $10 for and I wan't $12 - but you send message saying something like you will PayPal gift me $9 if I lower it enough to accept and offer of $1.. or something of that nature. That way I won't have to pay the 20% fee on that transaction when I ask for payment from COMC.

It will never happen.

dbroockerd 11-09-2012 05:44 PM

[QUOTE=XL5;3614875]Then they'd have to do age verification to allow contact to be turned on.

If you want to make an offer, make an offer. If you have a question about condition, contact COMC.

[URL="http://www.comc.com/Users/JoelsHitShow"]Joelshitshow[/URL] has over 128,000 cards up on COMC. I promise you that the few lost sales for not having a direct communication option are more than made up for by the fact that he doesn't thave to answer questions on 128,000 cards.[/QUOTE]

Oh I don't doubt this is a good point.

dbroockerd 11-09-2012 05:46 PM

[QUOTE=Zerokruel;3614926]You will never have the ability to contact buyers directly. Just like with ebay, buyers and sellers could circumvent the system.

Say I have a card you want to pay $10 for and I wan't $12 - but you send message saying something like you will PayPal gift me $9 if I lower it enough to accept and offer of $1.. or something of that nature. That way I won't have to pay the 20% fee on that transaction when I ask for payment from COMC.

It will never happen.[/QUOTE]

You can contact anyone through eBay. I understand the issue though. I just wish there was a way to have this option.

I might remind everyone the original question was does anyone know the seller. Perhaps he is a site member or something. I didn't ask why I couldn't contact him or anything. I understand the reasons behind this.

MetDude 11-09-2012 06:06 PM

[QUOTE=dbroockerd;3614953]I might remind everyone the original question was does anyone know the seller. Perhaps he is a site member or something. .[/QUOTE]

Heres some hopefully helpful info.

If you use google "search site" you can search for JOELSHITSHOW on blowout

In this case "joelshitshow" is found in the profile of member name JUGHEAD.
Not listed as specifically as being his comc name but as part of a web addy in his signature.
Might be the same guy and might not,
Either way, JUGHEAD hasnt signed in in 4 and 1/2 years.

[url=http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/members/jughead.html]Blowout Cards Forums - View Profile: Jughead[/url]

And that website is rather bizarre.

So while it may not have accomplished anything in this case,
it is a good way to track down ebay or comc sellers to ask them a question.

FunDragon 11-09-2012 06:19 PM

[QUOTE=Zerokruel;3614926]You will never have the ability to contact buyers directly. Just like with ebay, buyers and sellers could circumvent the system.

It will never happen.[/QUOTE]

Doing transaction outside of COMC is not exactly same as Ebay because cards for sale are already in COMC's hands.

I second that opinion by "dbroockerd" that COMC should have a way for sellers to comment on offers.
To explain their pricing or counteroffers to buyers who lowball your sales price because they do not know not everyone price to get 50% offers.

I think that will generate more sales.

Zerokruel 11-09-2012 06:29 PM

[QUOTE=FunDragon;3615153]Doing transaction outside of COMC is not exactly same as Ebay because cards for sale are already in COMC's hands.

I second that opinion by "dbroockerd" that COMC should have a way for sellers to comment on offers.
To explain their pricing or counteroffers to buyers who lowball your sales price because they do not know not everyone price to get 50% offers.

I think that will generate more sales.[/QUOTE]

You cant be serious? What if I were to give a seller this comment.

[B]"I will give you $50 direct PayPal Gift, if you accept my offer of $5 on here... That way you don't get charged the 20% fee and you get the money now"[/B]

Now, what just happened here? COMC should get 20% of that payment [B]IF[/B] the seller decides to cash out... Now, you are making circumventing the system easier. The money that is lost from this would also need to be made up from somewhere else...

dbroockerd 11-09-2012 06:37 PM

[QUOTE=Zerokruel;3615219]You cant be serious? What if I were to give a seller this comment.

[B]"I will give you $50 direct PayPal Gift, if you accept my offer of $5 on here... That way you don't get charged the 20% fee and you get the money now"[/B]

Now, what just happened here? COMC should get 20% of that payment [B]IF[/B] the seller decides to cash out... Now, you are making circumventing the system easier. The money that is lost from this would also need to be made up from somewhere else...[/QUOTE]

So why not monitor the comments? EBay makes it where certain words aren't allowed in messages too. That could help.

[QUOTE=MetDude;3615080]Heres some hopefully helpful info.

If you use google "search site" you can search for JOELSHITSHOW on blowout

In this case "joelshitshow" is found in the profile of member name JUGHEAD.
Not listed as specifically as being his comc name but as part of a web addy in his signature.
Might be the same guy and might not,
Either way, JUGHEAD hasnt signed in in 4 and 1/2 years.

[url=http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/members/jughead.html]Blowout Cards Forums - View Profile: Jughead[/url]

And that website is rather bizarre.

So while it may not have accomplished anything in this case,
it is a good way to track down ebay or comc sellers to ask them a question.[/QUOTE]

Finally some helpful insite. Thank you!

Bob Loblaw 11-09-2012 06:44 PM

Try youtube. Seriously. He's a strange dude.

MetDude 11-09-2012 06:49 PM

[QUOTE=dbroockerd;3615268]

Finally some helpful insite. Thank you![/QUOTE]

Your Welcome.

The google search site function can be very helpful.

I was browsing thru Photobucket a couple years ago,
and spotted 4 different people who had a
2008 topps chrome red refractor I needed.
Searched the various card sites for the photobucket name,
and found them all in peoples signatures.
Wrote to them, and made trades for 3 of the 4 cards. :)!

dbroockerd 11-09-2012 07:38 PM

[QUOTE=MetDude;3615329]Your Welcome.

The google search site function can be very helpful.

I was browsing thru Photobucket a couple years ago,
and spotted 4 different people who had a
2008 topps chrome red refractor I needed.
Searched the various card sites for the photobucket name,
and found them all in peoples signatures.
Wrote to them, and made trades for 3 of the 4 cards. :)![/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'm gonna try this. I owe ya one man.

checkoutmydeals 11-09-2012 09:48 PM

Offhand, I'd try @JoelsHitShow on Twitter, or joelshitshow.com