Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anyone new who this COMC seller is?

I need a card that JoelsHitShow has but need to speak to him/her about it first. Does anyone happen to know who this seller is? Is there any way to contact them?
Old 11-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

That's what I hate about COMC. No ability to contact seller. A major overhaul in that department is needed.
Tugarpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hi, dbroockerd. I work for COMC.
If it is a question about a card our Customer Relations team can often help if you send them the item ID number (this is the 7 digit number listed with each card). Since we don't require that users be over 18 like most sites do, we unfortunately can't allow direct communication between users.
Thanks,
Jeremy
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

I actually like the fact that nobody can communicate with me, keeps things cleaner
wesnilevirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

It also works better with no direct contact. You see the card and the cond. no need to contact someone. If you don't like the price you either pass on the card or just wait until the said seller has a sale.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Hi, dbroockerd. I work for COMC.
If it is a question about a card our Customer Relations team can often help if you send them the item ID number (this is the 7 digit number listed with each card). Since we don't require that users be over 18 like most sites do, we unfortunately can't allow direct communication between users.
Thanks,
Jeremy
It's not directly about a card he has on the site yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnilevirus View Post
I actually like the fact that nobody can communicate with me, keeps things cleaner
Define cleaner, you afraid guys will call you out for crazy prices or what exactly? Just don't get that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernieren View Post
It also works better with no direct contact. You see the card and the cond. no need to contact someone. If you don't like the price you either pass on the card or just wait until the said seller has a sale.
This seems to be a common answer with guys who price stuff crazy high. Otherwise customer relations is important and each seller could make more money through communication. There are times I offer .20 less than the seller wants because that is all I have in my account and if the seller new that they may consider accepting. Just an example.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbroockerd View Post
Define cleaner, you afraid guys will call you out for crazy prices or what exactly? Just don't get that.

This seems to be a common answer with guys who price stuff crazy high. Otherwise customer relations is important and each seller could make more money through communication. There are times I offer .20 less than the seller wants because that is all I have in my account and if the seller new that they may consider accepting. Just an example.
And then there are also people who will offer you half of what you have it priced at no matter what you have it set.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
And then there are also people who will offer you half of what you have it priced at no matter what you have it set.
Yeah, but that is avoidable. The seller has the option to set the acceptance level. No offers under 35% etc. I think contact makes that easier too. At the very least a comment section on an offer. The seller could comment something to guide the buyer in an offer he would accept. I think some sellers set the asking price accordingly, expecting that 50% offer.

As for the underage sellers. Why not have a contact option? If a seller wants no contact then shut it off. If they want contact, turn it on. If they are underage, contact can be automatically off.

Last edited by dbroockerd; 11-09-2012 at 05:30 PM.
dbroockerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

Oops double post

Last edited by dbroockerd; 11-09-2012 at 05:31 PM.
dbroockerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
As for the underage sellers. Why not have a contact option? If a seller wants no contact then shut it off. If they want contact, turn it on. If they are underage, contact can be automatically off.
Then they'd have to do age verification to allow contact to be turned on.

If you want to make an offer, make an offer. If you have a question about condition, contact COMC.

Joelshitshow has over 128,000 cards up on COMC. I promise you that the few lost sales for not having a direct communication option are more than made up for by the fact that he doesn't thave to answer questions on 128,000 cards.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah, but that is avoidable. The seller has the option to set the acceptance level. No offers under 35% etc. I think contact makes that easier too. At the very least a comment section on an offer. The seller could comment something to guide the buyer in an offer he would accept. I think some sellers set the asking price accordingly, expecting that 50% offer.

You will never have the ability to contact buyers directly. Just like with ebay, buyers and sellers could circumvent the system.

Say I have a card you want to pay $10 for and I wan't $12 - but you send message saying something like you will PayPal gift me $9 if I lower it enough to accept and offer of $1.. or something of that nature. That way I won't have to pay the 20% fee on that transaction when I ask for payment from COMC.

It will never happen.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
Then they'd have to do age verification to allow contact to be turned on.

If you want to make an offer, make an offer. If you have a question about condition, contact COMC.

Joelshitshow has over 128,000 cards up on COMC. I promise you that the few lost sales for not having a direct communication option are more than made up for by the fact that he doesn't thave to answer questions on 128,000 cards.

Oh I don't doubt this is a good point.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
You will never have the ability to contact buyers directly. Just like with ebay, buyers and sellers could circumvent the system.

Say I have a card you want to pay $10 for and I wan't $12 - but you send message saying something like you will PayPal gift me $9 if I lower it enough to accept and offer of $1.. or something of that nature. That way I won't have to pay the 20% fee on that transaction when I ask for payment from COMC.

It will never happen.
You can contact anyone through eBay. I understand the issue though. I just wish there was a way to have this option.

I might remind everyone the original question was does anyone know the seller. Perhaps he is a site member or something. I didn't ask why I couldn't contact him or anything. I understand the reasons behind this.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
I might remind everyone the original question was does anyone know the seller. Perhaps he is a site member or something. .
Heres some hopefully helpful info.

If you use google "search site" you can search for JOELSHITSHOW on blowout

In this case "joelshitshow" is found in the profile of member name JUGHEAD.
Not listed as specifically as being his comc name but as part of a web addy in his signature.
Might be the same guy and might not,
Either way, JUGHEAD hasnt signed in in 4 and 1/2 years.

Blowout Cards Forums - View Profile: Jughead

And that website is rather bizarre.

So while it may not have accomplished anything in this case,
it is a good way to track down ebay or comc sellers to ask them a question.
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536

Last edited by MetDude; 11-09-2012 at 06:17 PM.
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:

It will never happen.
Doing transaction outside of COMC is not exactly same as Ebay because cards for sale are already in COMC's hands.

I second that opinion by "dbroockerd" that COMC should have a way for sellers to comment on offers.
To explain their pricing or counteroffers to buyers who lowball your sales price because they do not know not everyone price to get 50% offers.

I think that will generate more sales.
FunDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunDragon View Post
Doing transaction outside of COMC is not exactly same as Ebay because cards for sale are already in COMC's hands.

I second that opinion by "dbroockerd" that COMC should have a way for sellers to comment on offers.
To explain their pricing or counteroffers to buyers who lowball your sales price because they do not know not everyone price to get 50% offers.

I think that will generate more sales.
You cant be serious? What if I were to give a seller this comment.

"I will give you $50 direct PayPal Gift, if you accept my offer of $5 on here... That way you don't get charged the 20% fee and you get the money now"

Now, what just happened here? COMC should get 20% of that payment IF the seller decides to cash out... Now, you are making circumventing the system easier. The money that is lost from this would also need to be made up from somewhere else...
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
You cant be serious? What if I were to give a seller this comment.

"I will give you $50 direct PayPal Gift, if you accept my offer of $5 on here... That way you don't get charged the 20% fee and you get the money now"

Now, what just happened here? COMC should get 20% of that payment IF the seller decides to cash out... Now, you are making circumventing the system easier. The money that is lost from this would also need to be made up from somewhere else...
So why not monitor the comments? EBay makes it where certain words aren't allowed in messages too. That could help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetDude View Post
Heres some hopefully helpful info.

If you use google "search site" you can search for JOELSHITSHOW on blowout

In this case "joelshitshow" is found in the profile of member name JUGHEAD.
Not listed as specifically as being his comc name but as part of a web addy in his signature.
Might be the same guy and might not,
Either way, JUGHEAD hasnt signed in in 4 and 1/2 years.

Blowout Cards Forums - View Profile: Jughead

And that website is rather bizarre.

So while it may not have accomplished anything in this case,
it is a good way to track down ebay or comc sellers to ask them a question.
Finally some helpful insite. Thank you!
Old 11-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #18 (permalink)

Try youtube. Seriously. He's a strange dude.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:49 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:

Finally some helpful insite. Thank you!
Your Welcome.

The google search site function can be very helpful.

I was browsing thru Photobucket a couple years ago,
and spotted 4 different people who had a
2008 topps chrome red refractor I needed.
Searched the various card sites for the photobucket name,
and found them all in peoples signatures.
Wrote to them, and made trades for 3 of the 4 cards.
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetDude View Post
Your Welcome.

The google search site function can be very helpful.

I was browsing thru Photobucket a couple years ago,
and spotted 4 different people who had a
2008 topps chrome red refractor I needed.
Searched the various card sites for the photobucket name,
and found them all in peoples signatures.
Wrote to them, and made trades for 3 of the 4 cards.

Thanks! I'm gonna try this. I owe ya one man.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #21 (permalink)

Offhand, I'd try @JoelsHitShow on Twitter, or joelshitshow.com