Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default But, my young son hijacked my eBay account....

And didn't realize that by making an offer he was making a purchase, please cancel this purchase

WTF!!!!!!

Ugh, so damn frustrating, I know this is a common occurrence, but this is the first time I've had any issues like this. And I didn't even accept the offer, I countered it and he accepted that, people really need to think before they hit BIN or accept offers if they really want the card or not because I then went out and hit the BIN on a card of equal value last night knowing I had this sale.

Do these losers really think people believe these stories about their kids doing it?

What's the proper way of canceling this transaction so I don't get hit with the fees on the sale? It was a $50 card and I really don't want to take the $5 hit on fees twice for when I do sell it.
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Just cancel the transaction and if they accept it you get your final value fees refunded.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

I would wait and open a case, so they would get a NPB strike.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
I was thinking about that, but I don't know if you saw a post I made this morning, but some guy is basically liquidating his Jonathan Stewart super collection by listing like 25+ cards a day right now and I'd rather not wait another three days to get the card listed again as I need to make some sales
Old 11-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
And didn't realize that by making an offer he was making a purchase, please cancel this purchase

WTF!!!!!!

Ugh, so damn frustrating, I know this is a common occurrence, but this is the first time I've had any issues like this. And I didn't even accept the offer, I countered it and he accepted that, people really need to think before they hit BIN or accept offers if they really want the card or not because I then went out and hit the BIN on a card of equal value last night knowing I had this sale.

Do these losers really think people believe these stories about their kids doing it?

What's the proper way of canceling this transaction so I don't get hit with the fees on the sale? It was a $50 card and I really don't want to take the $5 hit on fees twice for when I do sell it.
I know who this buyer is...I got the same exact message... so it might be some truth his story....

This was my message:
"My young son unfortunately highjacked my account and did not understandng that by making an offer, he was making a purchase. Please cancel this purchase."

the user name was something like this kxxxxx99.

Just report a problem with the transaction. Select I want to cancel the transaction. Put down the reason, and once the buyer confirms, you will get your FVF back. I have already done so, and he already confirmed.
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

My son is 2, he loves computers. He somehow managed to type in my password to Ebay! I swear he is SOOO smart. Please understand. Lol.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegoingsizzler View Post
I know who this buyer is...I got the same exact message... so it might be some truth his story....

This was my message:
"My young son unfortunately highjacked my account and did not understandng that by making an offer, he was making a purchase. Please cancel this purchase."

the user name was something like this kxxxxx99.

Just report a problem with the transaction. Select I want to cancel the transaction. Put down the reason, and once the buyer confirms, you will get your FVF back. I have already done so, and he already confirmed.
Yep, same guy

And there is no way some young kid is able to figure out how to make an offer on a card, then find out how to see my counter offer and subsequently accept the offer

Clearly some guy went on a spending spree and then regretted it
Old 11-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Yep, same guy

And there is no way some young kid is able to figure out how to make an offer on a card, then find out how to see my counter offer and subsequently accept the offer

Clearly some guy went on a spending spree and then regretted it
It could be his teenage son getting back at his dad for not buying him that new car...LOL...
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

I think I am about to have my first nonpaying bidder. Its dumb. At least you got an excuse as lame as it may be
jwiltz2072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

The ole "my son was in my account" is a scam

don't buy into it, and just wait to file a NBP
WalterAZ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterAZ31 View Post

It's about as old as "my dog at my homework", although these can actually be true from time to time.

Lots of [???], [Missing] and #N/A at ROCK BOTTOM PRICES!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
Yup I agree. I just got this crap as well. Here is what he said, "Hi I'm sorry to tell you this but my cousin who really does not understand eBay, bid on this without telling me and I have no money in my Paypal." I mean really!? Ticks me off that buyers can do whatever they want. Might as well at least give him a NPB strike even if it doesn't do any good you will get to ding him on something.
bigcwd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterAZ31 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcwd2000 View Post
Yup I agree. I just got this crap as well. Here is what he said, "Hi I'm sorry to tell you this but my cousin who really does not understand eBay, bid on this without telling me and I have no money in my Paypal." I mean really!? Ticks me off that buyers can do whatever they want. Might as well at least give him a NPB strike even if it doesn't do any good you will get to ding him on something.
Trust me guys, I'd love to get this guy a NPB strike, and if this happened a week ago I'd be willing to sit on the listing to do that. But with this one guy listing all these Stewart cards, I can't sit on it another 3 days to file the NPB and then another 4 for it to clear before re-listing the card.

Maybe since I know he's not going to pay, I can try to sell it through here now so I can still sit on that listing for a few more days to file the NPB

Anyone want an Alfred Morris Gridiron Auto /99 for $45? Hahaha
Old 11-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Trust me guys, I'd love to get this guy a NPB strike, and if this happened a week ago I'd be willing to sit on the listing to do that. But with this one guy listing all these Stewart cards, I can't sit on it another 3 days to file the NPB and then another 4 for it to clear before re-listing the card.

Maybe since I know he's not going to pay, I can try to sell it through here now so I can still sit on that listing for a few more days to file the NPB

Anyone want an Alfred Morris Gridiron Auto /99 for $45? Hahaha
Did you tell the guy selling the Stewarts to hold the ones you want and explain the situation?
pierrethomasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrethomasfan View Post
Did you tell the guy selling the Stewarts to hold the ones you want and explain the situation?
Already bought the ones he's listed that I want, well the ones I can afford that is. He lists them all as BIN's, so when there's one I want I can't really sit around on them, gotta hit the BIN right away.

But from messaging him a few times and showing him my collection, I think if he listed something that I really wanted but needed a couple days to get the money that he'd understand and trust me to pay it if I hit the BIN but needed a day or two to pay for it.

Got about 3-4 hours until the time he normally lists some more, I can't wait to see what he puts up there tonight, hahaha
Old 11-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

put your son outside!

migraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #17 (permalink)

I would reply....

..."your son should have been swallowed."
MasterPattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterPattie View Post
I would reply....

..."your son should have been swallowed."
Hahaha, I like this one
Old 11-17-2012, 04:04 AM   #19 (permalink)

I sold a piece of china on ebay a long time ago and I swear within minutes of the auction end my cat knocked it off the cabinet and broke it. I'm sure the buyer thought I was lying too, but he/she was nice about it
hugh is online now   Reply With Quote