Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 11,528
Default But, my young son hijacked my eBay account....

And didn't realize that by making an offer he was making a purchase, please cancel this purchase

WTF!!!!!!

Ugh, so damn frustrating, I know this is a common occurrence, but this is the first time I've had any issues like this. And I didn't even accept the offer, I countered it and he accepted that, people really need to think before they hit BIN or accept offers if they really want the card or not because I then went out and hit the BIN on a card of equal value last night knowing I had this sale.

Do these losers really think people believe these stories about their kids doing it?

What's the proper way of canceling this transaction so I don't get hit with the fees on the sale? It was a $50 card and I really don't want to take the $5 hit on fees twice for when I do sell it.
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p615/ZonaCats8/Jonathan%20Stewart%20PC/?start=all
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
friarbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Posts: 7,707
Default

Just cancel the transaction and if they accept it you get your final value fees refunded.
__________________
Supercollecting Josh Johnson (University of San Diego, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cincinnati Bengals)
Collecting Chargers
, Padres, Packers, Lakers, University of San Diego alumni
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,935
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

I would wait and open a case, so they would get a NPB strike.
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! BUCKET: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/jackg1980/ "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 11,528
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
I would wait and open a case, so they would get a NPB strike.
I was thinking about that, but I don't know if you saw a post I made this morning, but some guy is basically liquidating his Jonathan Stewart super collection by listing like 25+ cards a day right now and I'd rather not wait another three days to get the card listed again as I need to make some sales
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p615/ZonaCats8/Jonathan%20Stewart%20PC/?start=all
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
And didn't realize that by making an offer he was making a purchase, please cancel this purchase

WTF!!!!!!

Ugh, so damn frustrating, I know this is a common occurrence, but this is the first time I've had any issues like this. And I didn't even accept the offer, I countered it and he accepted that, people really need to think before they hit BIN or accept offers if they really want the card or not because I then went out and hit the BIN on a card of equal value last night knowing I had this sale.

Do these losers really think people believe these stories about their kids doing it?

What's the proper way of canceling this transaction so I don't get hit with the fees on the sale? It was a $50 card and I really don't want to take the $5 hit on fees twice for when I do sell it.
I know who this buyer is...I got the same exact message... so it might be some truth his story....

This was my message:
"My young son unfortunately highjacked my account and did not understandng that by making an offer, he was making a purchase. Please cancel this purchase."

the user name was something like this kxxxxx99.

Just report a problem with the transaction. Select I want to cancel the transaction. Put down the reason, and once the buyer confirms, you will get your FVF back. I have already done so, and he already confirmed.
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 6,151
Default

My son is 2, he loves computers. He somehow managed to type in my password to Ebay! I swear he is SOOO smart. Please understand. Lol.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 11,528
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegoingsizzler View Post
I know who this buyer is...I got the same exact message... so it might be some truth his story....

This was my message:
"My young son unfortunately highjacked my account and did not understandng that by making an offer, he was making a purchase. Please cancel this purchase."

the user name was something like this kxxxxx99.

Just report a problem with the transaction. Select I want to cancel the transaction. Put down the reason, and once the buyer confirms, you will get your FVF back. I have already done so, and he already confirmed.
Yep, same guy

And there is no way some young kid is able to figure out how to make an offer on a card, then find out how to see my counter offer and subsequently accept the offer

Clearly some guy went on a spending spree and then regretted it
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p615/ZonaCats8/Jonathan%20Stewart%20PC/?start=all
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
Yep, same guy

And there is no way some young kid is able to figure out how to make an offer on a card, then find out how to see my counter offer and subsequently accept the offer

Clearly some guy went on a spending spree and then regretted it
It could be his teenage son getting back at his dad for not buying him that new car...LOL...
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Opelousas, Louisiana
Posts: 87
Default

I think I am about to have my first nonpaying bidder. Its dumb. At least you got an excuse as lame as it may be
jwiltz2072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,738
Default

The ole "my son was in my account" is a scam

don't buy into it, and just wait to file a NBP
WalterAZ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterAZ31 View Post
The ole "my son was in my account" is a scam

don't buy into it, and just wait to file a NBP
It's about as old as "my dog at my homework", although these can actually be true from time to time.
__________________
COMC Auto-Accept Set at 20%

Lots of [???], [Missing] and #N/A at ROCK BOTTOM PRICES!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
bigcwd2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 4,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
I would wait and open a case, so they would get a NPB strike.
Yup I agree. I just got this crap as well. Here is what he said, "Hi I'm sorry to tell you this but my cousin who really does not understand eBay, bid on this without telling me and I have no money in my Paypal." I mean really!? Ticks me off that buyers can do whatever they want. Might as well at least give him a NPB strike even if it doesn't do any good you will get to ding him on something.
bigcwd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 11,528
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterAZ31 View Post
The ole "my son was in my account" is a scam

don't buy into it, and just wait to file a NBP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcwd2000 View Post
Yup I agree. I just got this crap as well. Here is what he said, "Hi I'm sorry to tell you this but my cousin who really does not understand eBay, bid on this without telling me and I have no money in my Paypal." I mean really!? Ticks me off that buyers can do whatever they want. Might as well at least give him a NPB strike even if it doesn't do any good you will get to ding him on something.
Trust me guys, I'd love to get this guy a NPB strike, and if this happened a week ago I'd be willing to sit on the listing to do that. But with this one guy listing all these Stewart cards, I can't sit on it another 3 days to file the NPB and then another 4 for it to clear before re-listing the card.

Maybe since I know he's not going to pay, I can try to sell it through here now so I can still sit on that listing for a few more days to file the NPB

Anyone want an Alfred Morris Gridiron Auto /99 for $45? Hahaha
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p615/ZonaCats8/Jonathan%20Stewart%20PC/?start=all
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bethlehem PA
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
Trust me guys, I'd love to get this guy a NPB strike, and if this happened a week ago I'd be willing to sit on the listing to do that. But with this one guy listing all these Stewart cards, I can't sit on it another 3 days to file the NPB and then another 4 for it to clear before re-listing the card.

Maybe since I know he's not going to pay, I can try to sell it through here now so I can still sit on that listing for a few more days to file the NPB

Anyone want an Alfred Morris Gridiron Auto /99 for $45? Hahaha
Did you tell the guy selling the Stewarts to hold the ones you want and explain the situation?
pierrethomasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 11,528
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrethomasfan View Post
Did you tell the guy selling the Stewarts to hold the ones you want and explain the situation?
Already bought the ones he's listed that I want, well the ones I can afford that is. He lists them all as BIN's, so when there's one I want I can't really sit around on them, gotta hit the BIN right away.

But from messaging him a few times and showing him my collection, I think if he listed something that I really wanted but needed a couple days to get the money that he'd understand and trust me to pay it if I hit the BIN but needed a day or two to pay for it.

Got about 3-4 hours until the time he normally lists some more, I can't wait to see what he puts up there tonight, hahaha
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p615/ZonaCats8/Jonathan%20Stewart%20PC/?start=all
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,242
Default

put your son outside!




















































migraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
MasterPattie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ohio (but originally from Michigan)
Posts: 7,069
Default

I would reply....

..."your son should have been swallowed."
MasterPattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 11,528
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterPattie View Post
I would reply....

..."your son should have been swallowed."
Hahaha, I like this one
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p615/ZonaCats8/Jonathan%20Stewart%20PC/?start=all
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:04 AM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
hugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Military APO in Italy
Posts: 7,373
Default

I sold a piece of china on ebay a long time ago and I swear within minutes of the auction end my cat knocked it off the cabinet and broke it. I'm sure the buyer thought I was lying too, but he/she was nice about it
hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.