Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default eBay buyer with patience issue

I sold a card to this buyer, he paid on 11/3 ( saturday) and got the card on 11/14. He leaves me neutral feedback stating it took 10'days to get the card. Keep in mind that there were to non business weekend days and a postal holiday during the time period he is complaining about. So really it took 8 business days for this card to get there. I'm no sure that warrants a neutral feedback . I've placed him on my bbl. do what you will, just wanted to give a heads up.

eacc is user id
Old 11-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

That is not unreasonable but with Ebays new seller rules most cards I win are to me in 2-4 days max and I'm on the left coast. I could see where 10 days could lead to a neutral although I personally wouldn't.
jmscoggin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

When did you ship it after payment?
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
mdh

I had an ebayer send me a message asking me how I liked the offer they made on my card about an hour after they made it. Then another an hour later... Ebay sucks
mdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have the same issue with someone now. Shipped on Saturday and he's sent me three messages this week questioning if I actually shipped it out. I've got 1892 feedback and 100% rating. This is a 20 dollar card. Impatient buyers around the holidays are annoying
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
When did you ship it after payment?
Monday the 5th which was the first day I could
Old 11-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
I have the same issue with someone now. Shipped on Saturday and he's sent me three messages this week questioning if I actually shipped it out. I've got 1892 feedback and 100% rating. This is a 20 dollar card. Impatient buyers around the holidays are annoying

I sold an item to a member here last Saturday night. I mailed it on Monday( really Tuesday cause of veterans day). He messaged me asking where the card was and was complaining that the card had already dropped in sv.

Oh she'll you gotta deal with all of them.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

What is the DC#?
Old 11-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojallad View Post
Monday the 5th which was the first day I could
Well that buyer has issues than haha. You shipped next day, if you use paypal shipping and mark the handling time as one day, you will get an automatic 5 stars.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
What is the DC#?
yup, this will show when it was shipped........
Old 11-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I sold an item to a member here last Saturday night. I mailed it on Monday( really Tuesday cause of veterans day). He messaged me asking where the card was and was complaining that the card had already dropped in sv.

Oh she'll you gotta deal with all of them.
Who was that?
Old 11-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
10 days to rec pkg from Mi to Ar. No hurricane up there!
For some reason I find that part of his feedback funny. People who have no patience suck.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #13 (permalink)

It's most likely impatient kids. I mean, most of the time when I buy something on The Bay, it takes 3-4 days, barring weekends and holidays. Every now and again I get the one card that takes 7-10 days. Do I freak? No. If I think 10 days is too long, I'll just ding them on their stars for shipping speed. If I got the card and it arrived as advertised, I'm not going to give a neg rating because I can't hold my wad for a week.

This is why DC is so critical. It absolves the seller, puts the onus on the post office. "Hey buyer, I shipped it. Here's your proof. Take it up with the post office..."

People need to just chill. Seriously. About almost everything. Just chill. I mean it.
briscogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #14 (permalink)

I've given up on expecting my ebay purchases to show up quickly, half the time they don't get shipped for 3-5 days and then takes normal shipping time for them to show up anyways.

It is what it is, as long as they show up in good condition I'm happy. But I also don't buy to prospect and then flip, so I'm not really time sensitive either.
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by briscogun View Post
It's most likely impatient kids. I mean, most of the time when I buy something on The Bay, it takes 3-4 days, barring weekends and holidays. Every now and again I get the one card that takes 7-10 days. Do I freak? No. If I think 10 days is too long, I'll just ding them on their stars for shipping speed. If I got the card and it arrived as advertised, I'm not going to give a neg rating because I can't hold my wad for a week.

This is why DC is so critical. It absolves the seller, puts the onus on the post office. "Hey buyer, I shipped it. Here's your proof. Take it up with the post office..."

People need to just chill. Seriously. About almost everything. Just chill. I mean it.
Hopefully you look at the shipping date before dinging them on the stars.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:25 PM   #16 (permalink)

I'm not looking for backup here or anything just giving you guys a heads up. I personally don't think 8 biz days to get anything mailed is outrageous ( unless it was supposed to be overnight). Author. Good luck .
Old 11-16-2012, 09:25 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Who was that?

Not gonna out him unless it becomes a problem.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:25 PM   #18 (permalink)

at this point i'm just happy when my stuff actually shows up. Between the post office putting things in the wrong box and sellers taking a week or two to ship stuff...i just file a paypal dispute after 14 days if its not here and move on...usually, after the case is filed the card gets a tracking number and shows up a few days later and most of the time it was shipped after the dispute was started. People are slacking these days for some reason.

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Not gonna out him unless it becomes a problem.
Sounds like it is one haha.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #20 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

The DC# will show if it got stuck somewhere.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Hopefully you look at the shipping date before dinging them on the stars.
Of course, but purchase date has a lot to do with it, too. Purchase date of the 1st and shipping date of the 7th = not cool. I don't slaughter them with one star, but is 4 stars unreasonable for someone who states 5-7 days for shipping and it takes 10 (and I only count mail days, not Sundays and holidays)? But I'm also the first guy to acknowledge a seller who gets me something in 2 or 3 days. I'll leave outstanding comments about how fast they ship and how great they are to buy from. I don't think I've ever left less than 4 stars in any one category and never left a nuetral let alone a negative. (I probably just totally jinxed myself with that, my next purchase is going to end up a crinkled up piece of garbage and I'll be screwed...)
briscogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #22 (permalink)

I'd say 10 days is too long. I can send something using First Class from California and have it arrive in New York within 4 days max. First Class is the same length of time, if not FASTER, than Priority. Also, there ARE postal workers that work on Sundays and some holidays. They don't deliver or run the storefront windows, but they do run the sorters and all the back-of-the-house operations over those days.
Shogun2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:38 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Well that buyer has issues than haha. You shipped next day, if you use paypal shipping and mark the handling time as one day, you will get an automatic 5 stars.
The item also has to be delivered within 4 business days to receive the 5 star ship time. It sucks that ebay puts that in the hands of the PO.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:46 PM   #24 (permalink)

Buyer has definitely had his share of issues over the years.

Negative/Neutral Feedback left by eacc
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:57 AM   #25 (permalink)

I sold a card and then noticed the buyer put it on ebay 2 days later for sale. I messaged him and reminded him I was shipping from Italy and that it would take 2-3 weeks because he might put himself in a bad position by selling it before he had it. He didn't respond to any emails I sent, and then didn't leave feedback.
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote