Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Card Singles

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 01:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default ebay item sold w/ unhappy buyer

sold this item on ebay (item number):

2012 Topps Chrome Matt Kalil #108 Refractor Auto Redemption /178 +

2012 Topps Chrome Matt Kalil 108 Refractor Auto Redemption 178 | eBay

sold for $34.99

buyer wants refund because he thought he was getting both redemptions shown in scan even though i clearly stated in auction that "you are only purchasing item listed in title"
they thought because there was a "+" sign in the title that they should get both cards.
i also stated that in addition to receiving the redmeption, the buyer would receive a special pack from Topps (referring to the "+" in the title)

i also stated "no refunds" in the auction.

lmk here peoples thoughts on this on what should be done if anything. would paypal/ebay side with them?

lets here it
wilsonsingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Just because you state no refunds doesn't mean squat.
Romans 1:16 #unashamed
Combined Feedbacks on Ebay+SCF=270+=100%(All Positive)
PDawson21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

There's no reason to have a scan of two cards/redemptions.

PayPal will usually side with the buyer anyway.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

so to save time scanning, i can never share scans between auctions?
Old 11-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonsingles View Post
so to save time scanning, i can never share scans between auctions?
That's just lazy. Crop the scan real quick and save it.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

do you think it helps show ebayers what other items you have for sale by having multiple cards in picture?
Old 11-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI Rob View Post
That's just lazy. Crop the scan real quick and save it.
it's not lazy....... it's stupid buyers.

showing multiple cards in an auction is a great way to promote other cards for sale.

i'm sick of hearing that having 2 cards in a scan is lazy, misleading....etc whatever #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@. why are buyers expecting something that isn't even described in the auction description?.. oh wait, because that's the world we live in. people expecting more than what is available.

wilson's auction was clear and easy to understand... it's not his fault some moron clicked on it and bid.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

It is lazy because you can crop it on eBay with ease. If your going to do something, do it 100% not halfway.
Romans 1:16 #unashamed
Combined Feedbacks on Ebay+SCF=270+=100%(All Positive)
PDawson21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
it's not lazy....... it's stupid buyers.

showing multiple cards in an auction is a great way to promote other cards for sale.

i'm sick of hearing that having 2 cards in a scan is lazy, misleading....etc whatever #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@. why are buyers expecting something that isn't even described in the auction description?.. oh wait, because that's the world we live in. people expecting more than what is available.

wilson's auction was clear and easy to understand... it's not his fault some moron clicked on it and bid.
It's absolute laziness. Why not take 20 seconds to crop the scan to avoid the idiotic buyers and eliminate these useless headaches with eBay?

There are sellers with hundreds or thousands of listings at once and they take the time to crop individual scans. The OP has 35 listings and is too lazy to crop an image? What a joke.

This is not the hobby for you if you can't crop a #@#@#@#@ing scan.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

As with everything on eBay, it doesn't matter a dingleberrry mcnugget squat what is "ethically" right or what is wrong. And while I think wilsonsingles' listing is clear as a bell, the fact is that if you put multiple items in your pictures, you leave yourself open to buyers who will try to take advantage of you. Period. That is reason enough, for me, to never put multiple items in a picture.

I agree that multiple items in a picture can help promote your other items, but for me that upside is not enough. I find there are plenty of other ways to promote your other auctions/items. (a bold/red "check out my other auctions" in every item description, for example)

Last edited by alexlazarevich; 11-17-2012 at 01:48 PM.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #11 (permalink)

You have 6,000 feedback as a seller. If this is the first time that a buyer has ever had this problem, then that should tell you how common it is. But it does happen.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonsingles View Post
do you think it helps show ebayers what other items you have for sale by having multiple cards in picture?
How did that work out for you?
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #13 (permalink)

I absolutely hate when people do this. It makes it confusing on certain listings and like others have said it's either lazy or dishonest by making people think both are included.
jmscoggin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #14 (permalink)

Default issues

It might be better to just show the one item, but also it is the responsibility of the buyer to READ the description of the item, and ASK questions before buying item to avoid confusion. Many sellers on ebay do show more than one item in the picture, and I have never had an issue because i made sure to read the description, and ask any questions i might have had.
ramsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #15 (permalink)

Why do you have the + sign after the 178? It makes no sense other than imply the auction includes the other pictured item
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #16 (permalink)

People don't read. I've learned that being on ebay for well over a decade. They ask questions that are clearly answered in the description, they get belligerent when you don't answer them the way they want and Ebay/PP will almost always side with them. As the seller, you take all the risk by putting the item up for sale to begin with so when anything goes wrong you have to go by the antiquated philosophy that the customer is always right. Even when they are not. My advice would be the following: a) try to work out a lesser price based on the value that they thought they were getting. Some money and no negative feedback is better than no money and negative feedback. BUT do not send it as a refund to the original transaction, send it as goods to their account as a different transaction so they have to leave you positive feedback or you can start a claim against them. b) Stop putting more than one item in a given picture. As good as it may be to encourage people looking at your other items it will more often confuse the buyer and lead to more trouble than it's worth. People need simplicity. Also more people are shopping on mobile now and scans with multiple items in it do not show up well in many cases on a small screen. Sometimes I have a hard enough time seeing what the item's condition is when it's close up on my phone let alone having 2-9 cards in a scan. Good luck with your issue and future sales!
hudsonfan15 is offline   Reply With Quote