Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Shop Owners and/or Big Collectors... How do you inventory your stock?

Greetings crazy cats. I'm looking to open an online shop that'll turn into a retail location. My problem right now is inventory. I have a ton of it. I'd LOVE to have it all individually inventoried but as I'm sure you know, it'd take years. What do you use for inventory / point of sale? Any suggestions?

Is there any type of speciality point of sale software that's made specifically for sports card shops?

Thanks for the feedback.
WelfareTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to JonDailey1982 Send a message via Yahoo to JonDailey1982 Send a message via Skype™ to JonDailey1982

i wrote custom software to track my sales which tracked it by singles, wax, memorabilia, action figures, supplies, etc. and everything except singles had prices stored in the system. because singles turned so fast they all had a code on the back of the card which stated what we had in the card. so the system tracks P&L on goods sold, as well as taxes owed, and total profit after expenses for the day.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to rednecksims

I would also be intrested in this.

Thanks
David
rednecksims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Wolfie3300

I am a web developer and collector. In regards to inventory, a simple Excel spreadsheet works, and I upload my client's items in bulk from Excel, and the availability to export it from the website back to Excel (in case sales have taken place, it removes the card inventory from the site). I use osCommerce as the framework for the store, and it is free, and under GPL license. If you need further help, or want to see some work, do not hesitate to send me a PM.
Wolfie3300 is offline   Reply With Quote