Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 05:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Niels50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 1,178
Default I would love to do shows.... Need some help..

Hey guys im a Junior in high school, 16 and drive. There is a local sports card show that is once per month, it is the first saturday of each month. The show is in Portland, OR. I was just looking for a few pointers on what i should buy on here, COMC and other places to flip. I am looking at a few things i could do and would like some help or pointers, tips or anything from experienced dealers. I did at the begin of the Oregon football season want to get as many Oregon football autographs on 8x10's and mini helmets and sell them there but i ended up selling them throughout the season at very nice prices So i only have about 10 left and some other things. The drive from where i live on the weekdays is about $24 in gas so at $30 per table and $24 in gas im looking at $64 invested.
Niels50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Beaverton, OR
Posts: 2,179
Default

I know the show you are talking about. I've been there a half-dozen times on both sides of the tables. It's not a great show to sell at since it gets so little advertising. Though I'm hoping the increased mall traffic helps the December shows (I'm doing the Beaverton one). Frankly the best part of the shows is that there is always someone from COMC there taking submissions. Can't tell you how much I've saved on shipping by taking advantage of that.

It's hard to say what would sell best there. If I knew, I'd sell at them more often. I try to have a variety (wax, sets, low to mid-end singles) and my success varies greatly. The guy who seems to do the best has a lot of vintage at good prices. Don't know how he can restock so quickly. I would think your autos would do well if the prices are good. Don't recall any others there with current local players. Lower end stuff seems to do OK. I sat next to a guy with really nice high end autos one show who didn't make a sale all day. Most people at the shows expect bargains.

Good luck with your plan, and perhaps I'll see you there.
GoBeavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Niels50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 1,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBeavs View Post
I know the show you are talking about. I've been there a half-dozen times on both sides of the tables. It's not a great show to sell at since it gets so little advertising. Though I'm hoping the increased mall traffic helps the December shows (I'm doing the Beaverton one). Frankly the best part of the shows is that there is always someone from COMC there taking submissions. Can't tell you how much I've saved on shipping by taking advantage of that.

It's hard to say what would sell best there. If I knew, I'd sell at them more often. I try to have a variety (wax, sets, low to mid-end singles) and my success varies greatly. The guy who seems to do the best has a lot of vintage at good prices. Don't know how he can restock so quickly. I would think your autos would do well if the prices are good. Don't recall any others there with current local players. Lower end stuff seems to do OK. I sat next to a guy with really nice high end autos one show who didn't make a sale all day. Most people at the shows expect bargains.

Good luck with your plan, and perhaps I'll see you there.
PM Sent about something else but i was looking to do the Mall 205 is that the same one you are talking about?
Niels50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 1,038
Default

I'd recommend having at least one box full of stuff that is all one price. 25 cents, 50 cents, $1, $3, whatever. Put some stuff in there that makes it worth digging through.

If tables are cheap enough, you might have a $1 table, where everything is $1. If you store your stuff in plastic tubs at home, you can put everything that you want $1 each for in one tub, everything you want $3 each for in another tub, etc. Then when you go to a show, you can grab all the tubs that have the same priced stuff, and set up a $1 table, or a $3 table or whatever.
__________________
COMC auto accept is currently set at 35% off.

Last edited by checkoutmydeals; 11-27-2012 at 06:30 PM.
checkoutmydeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Niels50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 1,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
I'd recommend having at least one box full of stuff that is all one price. 25 cents, 50 cents, $1, $3, whatever. Put some stuff in there that makes it worth digging through.

If tables are cheap enough, you might have a $1 table, where everything is $1. If you store your stuff in plastic tubs at home, you can put everything that you want $1 each for in one tub, everything you want $3 each for in another tub, etc. Then when you go to a show, you can grab all the tubs that have the same priced stuff, and set up a $1 table, or a $3 table or whatever.
Ok thanks will try that!
Niels50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Beaverton, OR
Posts: 2,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niels50 View Post
PM Sent about something else but i was looking to do the Mall 205 is that the same one you are talking about?
They do the Mall 205 show every month. They are also trying shows in Beaverton every other month. If it goes well then they'll have both shows every month. The next Beaverton show (@ Cedar Hills Crossing) is on the 22nd.
GoBeavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Niels50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 1,178
Default

Hey guys still interested in doing this. But i need product. And help haha cause i ahve liek 0 invetory. Thanks
Niels50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 37
Default

So what are you asking? You need inventory. What kind of product are you looking for? I live in Puyallup, WA, reasonably close to you. I can get you loaded up.
WelfareTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Coachella Valley
Posts: 344
Default

back in the day at the capital mall olympia, for a dime you could reach in a big box and whatever you grabbed you got, mad thurman thomas 90 proset and chris miller rookies
4mightyQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.