Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 05:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I would love to do shows.... Need some help..

Hey guys im a Junior in high school, 16 and drive. There is a local sports card show that is once per month, it is the first saturday of each month. The show is in Portland, OR. I was just looking for a few pointers on what i should buy on here, COMC and other places to flip. I am looking at a few things i could do and would like some help or pointers, tips or anything from experienced dealers. I did at the begin of the Oregon football season want to get as many Oregon football autographs on 8x10's and mini helmets and sell them there but i ended up selling them throughout the season at very nice prices So i only have about 10 left and some other things. The drive from where i live on the weekdays is about $24 in gas so at $30 per table and $24 in gas im looking at $64 invested.
Niels50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

I know the show you are talking about. I've been there a half-dozen times on both sides of the tables. It's not a great show to sell at since it gets so little advertising. Though I'm hoping the increased mall traffic helps the December shows (I'm doing the Beaverton one). Frankly the best part of the shows is that there is always someone from COMC there taking submissions. Can't tell you how much I've saved on shipping by taking advantage of that.

It's hard to say what would sell best there. If I knew, I'd sell at them more often. I try to have a variety (wax, sets, low to mid-end singles) and my success varies greatly. The guy who seems to do the best has a lot of vintage at good prices. Don't know how he can restock so quickly. I would think your autos would do well if the prices are good. Don't recall any others there with current local players. Lower end stuff seems to do OK. I sat next to a guy with really nice high end autos one show who didn't make a sale all day. Most people at the shows expect bargains.

Good luck with your plan, and perhaps I'll see you there.
GoBeavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBeavs View Post
I know the show you are talking about. I've been there a half-dozen times on both sides of the tables. It's not a great show to sell at since it gets so little advertising. Though I'm hoping the increased mall traffic helps the December shows (I'm doing the Beaverton one). Frankly the best part of the shows is that there is always someone from COMC there taking submissions. Can't tell you how much I've saved on shipping by taking advantage of that.

It's hard to say what would sell best there. If I knew, I'd sell at them more often. I try to have a variety (wax, sets, low to mid-end singles) and my success varies greatly. The guy who seems to do the best has a lot of vintage at good prices. Don't know how he can restock so quickly. I would think your autos would do well if the prices are good. Don't recall any others there with current local players. Lower end stuff seems to do OK. I sat next to a guy with really nice high end autos one show who didn't make a sale all day. Most people at the shows expect bargains.

Good luck with your plan, and perhaps I'll see you there.
PM Sent about something else but i was looking to do the Mall 205 is that the same one you are talking about?
Old 11-27-2012, 06:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'd recommend having at least one box full of stuff that is all one price. 25 cents, 50 cents, $1, $3, whatever. Put some stuff in there that makes it worth digging through.

If tables are cheap enough, you might have a $1 table, where everything is $1. If you store your stuff in plastic tubs at home, you can put everything that you want $1 each for in one tub, everything you want $3 each for in another tub, etc. Then when you go to a show, you can grab all the tubs that have the same priced stuff, and set up a $1 table, or a $3 table or whatever.

Last edited by checkoutmydeals; 11-27-2012 at 06:30 PM.
checkoutmydeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
I'd recommend having at least one box full of stuff that is all one price. 25 cents, 50 cents, $1, $3, whatever. Put some stuff in there that makes it worth digging through.

If tables are cheap enough, you might have a $1 table, where everything is $1. If you store your stuff in plastic tubs at home, you can put everything that you want $1 each for in one tub, everything you want $3 each for in another tub, etc. Then when you go to a show, you can grab all the tubs that have the same priced stuff, and set up a $1 table, or a $3 table or whatever.
Ok thanks will try that!
Old 11-28-2012, 12:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niels50 View Post
PM Sent about something else but i was looking to do the Mall 205 is that the same one you are talking about?
They do the Mall 205 show every month. They are also trying shows in Beaverton every other month. If it goes well then they'll have both shows every month. The next Beaverton show (@ Cedar Hills Crossing) is on the 22nd.
GoBeavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

Hey guys still interested in doing this. But i need product. And help haha cause i ahve liek 0 invetory. Thanks
Old 01-02-2013, 01:10 AM   #8 (permalink)

So what are you asking? You need inventory. What kind of product are you looking for? I live in Puyallup, WA, reasonably close to you. I can get you loaded up.
WelfareTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

back in the day at the capital mall olympia, for a dime you could reach in a big box and whatever you grabbed you got, mad thurman thomas 90 proset and chris miller rookies
4mightyQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote