Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What are the perks of an eBay store?

Its cheaper listing fees but selling sports cards there are no fees right now anyway. I feel a benefit would be a customer is more likely to buy multiple cards rather then one (I have a lot of base chrome that Ill list at $1-1.50 dlvd).

So for those of you that have eBay stores what are the benefits? Should I open one or stick to BINS/Auctions?
Old 12-11-2012, 10:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Unless you have TONS of inventory and sell a bunch (1000s) then it would be ok to go with a ebay store. But it really doesn't help much anyway. There's also something on ebay that you can check whether or not you need a ebay store. If you go on ebay and go to where you sign up for an ebay store it should be there.
Collecting: Raimel Tapia, Drew Brees
Pejarox7620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

The stores get you a discount on fees, so if you are making up the cost, it isn't too bad of a deal. It would also add a touch of professionalism.

Another option would be Webstore.com for your commons and low-end (as there are no fees) and eBay for your bigs. There isn't nearly the traffic, but with an automatic relist feature, free store, and the listing being shown in Google search results, you could really build up a good customer base.
bern024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

I used to have an Ebay Store back in the day. Used to be able to list cards for a nickel at the $15 per month subscription level. It was a sweet deal. Sold alot of cards. Now they want $49 per month to list at nickel. The current fee structure makes it hard to make any money unless you are able to list thousands of cards. I guess it just depends on how much inventory you have to list.

I also have sold on Sportlots and Comc. Both are viable options. In my opinion its tough to get started on Sportlots. There are already alot of well established dealers there. It took a good 6 months and alot of inventory before I started to see decent sales. You need to sell at least $25 a month to keep the fees down where you can make something. Comc is great if don't have time to list your own cards. But again the fees are steep. A quarter to list each card. And a 20% cash out fee.

There is a new site I'm really excited about called collectorrevolution.com that just recently opened about a month ago. Free to list. There are no final value fees on cards that sell for $5 or less. And I believe only 5% final value fees on anything sold over $5. I was reading their blog and it sounds like they have been making some really nice improvements since they opened. I have started to list my cards there. Its super easy to list and the lower fees are awesome. I think once more people hear about it, it will really take off. I think it has the potential to be the best option for selling cards I've seen in a long time.
ballcards23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #5 (permalink)

Is an ebay store right for you?

-I do not send paypal payments as a gift, you pay your fee's and I will pay mine-
www.JLR0747.com
Twitter: @JLR0747
JLR0747 is offline   Reply With Quote