Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Opinion about eBay feedback

Hey guys,

I want your opinion as to whether or not I should leave negative feedback for a seller. I frequently use eBay to sell my own items, and pride myself on having 100% feedback, and would be frustrated if someone left me a negative. However, I have never done what this seller did to me.

Here goes:

Last Monday, I purchased a pair of Air Jordan IV Doernbecher sneakers for $560 (for you non-sneakerheads, it's a very rare colorway). The seller at the time had 100% feedback. I paid via Paypal, so I was covered with buyer's protection.

Given my excitement over the sneakers and the price I paid for them, I messaged the seller everyday last week asking if the sneakers were shipped and what the tracking information was. He did not respond to 6 different messages. Over the weekend, I noticed he had a negative for selling a different pair of sneakers, not sending, and not communicating. He returned the money to the buyer once the buyer threatened opening a case with eBay.

I threatened opening a case in order to provoke him to refund my money, to no avail. Yesterday, I filed a dispute with eBay and just received word that he refunded my money to Paypal.

I'm happy that I got my money back, but am curious if you think this warrants a negative? I believe it does, but I don't want him to retaliate and give me a negative. Can he even do that if I paid?

Thanks for your time.

Andrew
akurnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

I would leave a negative. eBay changed their policies awhile back to where sellers can't leave negatives anymore for that reason. Buyer would have a legitimate beef, leave a negative, then get one back in retaliation.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sounds like a classic case of a seller who had no intent to ship and was looking for a interest-free loan.
Is neg-worthy IMO/

In general, I would also not try to email a seller about shipping status more than once every 2-3 days unless its been over 10 days or so. That tends to dissuade them from communicating with you rather than the intended effect. If you don't hear from them after the 3rd email, they typically will not be responding.

-Ed
edhou1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Seller should have responded and/or provided tracking but you messaged him every day? Nothing like a little overkill.

Yes I would neg him though for not communicating or sending your shoes.

Who was the seller?
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

If you feel you have obligation to the Ebay community then you should leave a negative.

Personally I would just walk away and be done with it. Leaving negatives can come back to bite you. I don't feel there is enough to be gained by leaving the negative to risk the problems that come with it.
DaveTaplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

I would neg him, but good god man message him everyday because you were excited!?!?
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote