Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX by way of CA
Posts: 9,022
Default COMC $20 off coupons.

I have three $20 off processing coupons. They are only able to be used on your initial shipment as a new seller. This way you can send in 80 cards for free and get a feel for the site. First three people to claim them on this thread and pm me your address, I'll get them into the mail for you.
jmscoggin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,048
Default

I would really appreciate one.
catfishhedberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
JDubs80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 689
Default

I'd love one if it works for first "shipment". I have sold a handful of cards, but only cards I purchased and immediately relisted.
__________________
http://s798.beta.photobucket.com/user/JDubs80/library/
JDubs80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
sportscardbreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Marlton, NJ/Pottstown, PA
Posts: 1,707
Default

I really want to list my first cards on there. I would rlly appreciate the coupon. Thanks!
sportscardbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX by way of CA
Posts: 9,022
Default

All accounted for. I think you all will like the site. It isn't perfect but I haven't sold a single card on Feebay since I started submitting.

JDubs80, I'll let you know shortly what I find out.
jmscoggin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Central PA
Posts: 10,328
Default

The coupons are only good for processing cards to be added to the site by first time sellers. They do not cover buying cards nor do they cover shipping costs. Hope this helps! The coupon is a nice jump start for a new seller.
__________________
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubs80 View Post
I'd love one if it works for first "shipment". I have sold a handful of cards, but only cards I purchased and immediately relisted.
Hello JDubs80, this is Nathan from COMC.

37Jetson is correct - the First Time Seller Special is a $20 credit towards consigning cards to us. It is perfectly acceptable to use this discount if you have flipped cards on our site as long as this would be the first time you are mailing in cards that you would want listed.

What this discount does is reduce the processing fees of the first consignment lot of cards by $20 - the equivalent of listing 80 cards at our one month service rate for free.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
The coupons are only good for processing cards to be added to the site by first time sellers. They do not cover buying cards nor do they cover shipping costs. Hope this helps! The coupon is a nice jump start for a new seller.
I totally missed that boat when I started out on COMC. I wonder if they will toss me $20 credit since I never got it before .
__________________
COMC Prices Dropped and Auto-Accept set to 20%!
Chaddie84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Swipe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Coeur d'Alene, ID
Posts: 3,734
Default

I have a couple if anyone else needs one.
__________________

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
lrogge1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fairmont, MN
Posts: 3,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
I have a couple if anyone else needs one.
I was thinking about trying it out, i wouldn't mind a coupon if you could send it to me please.
lrogge1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
jace44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: ohio
Posts: 1,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
I have a couple if anyone else needs one.

can i please have one i have not sent anything there yet.
__________________
Pm me if you have one or know some one who has a ted ginn jr superfractor.
jace44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,737
Default

I've been thinking about trying out COMC after getting sick of non-paying eBayers...if there are any other coupons floating around, shoot me a PM. I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Brian
__________________
#TeamConnor
Bucket: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v358/cardtrader22/
PC: Kevin Gausman, Jonathan Schoop, Jonah Heim, Matt Elam, & Torrey Smith
cardtrader22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Central PA
Posts: 10,328
Default

I got started selling on COMC by picking up a coupon from their table at the 2008 National in Chicago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
I totally missed that boat when I started out on COMC. I wonder if they will toss me $20 credit since I never got it before .
__________________
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The 01246
Posts: 1,576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardtrader22 View Post
I've been thinking about trying out COMC after getting sick of non-paying eBayers...if there are any other coupons floating around, shoot me a PM. I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Brian

I don't even know what the coupon looks like but I emailed them before I sent them anything and they deducted the 20 anyway. I don't know why we sellers are encouraging further competition but I haven't sold anything on ebay since and would only buy on there now if it were too good a deal to pass up. Hate ebay, love COMC.
VeedonFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Brad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: WI
Posts: 3,524
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeedonFleece View Post
I don't know why we sellers are encouraging further competition
Because those who are offering coupons get a $5 referral credit if people send in 500+ cards. They aren't sending these coupons out of the goodness of their hearts, lol

Details here: $20 First Time Seller Coupon + Referral Program | COMC Blog
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX by way of CA
Posts: 9,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Because those who are offering coupons get a $5 referral credit if people send in 500+ cards. They aren't sending these coupons out of the goodness of their hearts, lol

Details here: $20 First Time Seller Coupon + Referral Program | COMC Blog
Such a pessimist. While it is true that there is a $5 referral credit I would send them out anyways. COMC sent them to me unasked for. I would rather members here can save $20 than for me to just throw them away. Plus, the referral only kicks in when the person sends in 500 cards which not everyone will do. So I venture to gain what, $15 in credit? I am out stamps and envelopes now for probably $2 so I am down to $12 if all three people send in 500 cards. I have $20k worth of BV cards on the site so $12 does nothing for me. How about I just like to help people? I don't know why so many people around here always need to be so angry and negative. Was there something you were trying to actually add to this thread or are you just trolling?

Last edited by jmscoggin; 02-05-2013 at 09:45 PM.
jmscoggin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX by way of CA
Posts: 9,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeedonFleece View Post
I don't even know what the coupon looks like but I emailed them before I sent them anything and they deducted the 20 anyway. I don't know why we sellers are encouraging further competition but I haven't sold anything on ebay since and would only buy on there now if it were too good a deal to pass up. Hate ebay, love COMC.
It is because most sellers are also buyers. Plus the more people that use the site the more word of mouth traffic gets out. I don't get the whole competition angle. Ebay has most of the free world using it but yet there are no shortage of buyers.
jmscoggin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The 01246
Posts: 1,576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
Was there something you were trying to actually add to this thread or are you just trolling?
He did add something to the thread. I know you guys were altruistically handing out coupons but it's the first I knew of any referral program. I would've mentioned it in my OP to avoid people thinking I was doing it for some ulterior motive. Alternatively, you could always wait until somebody mentions it and then accuse them of trolling.

Edit: Also, as you like to help people, why not mention in your OP that the coupon isn't necessary for first time submissions?
VeedonFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:51 AM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Gmrson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Jackson, MI
Posts: 2,538
Default

I have 3 left if any body wants one PM me you address. I can also throw them out...one in the garbage per troll please.
__________________
Collecting: 53 Glendale Tigers set, 66 Topps Baseball set, Tribute to the Throne Relics #/99, Detroit Tigers, Topps on-card autos.
Gmrson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX by way of CA
Posts: 9,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeedonFleece View Post
He did add something to the thread. I know you guys were altruistically handing out coupons but it's the first I knew of any referral program. I would've mentioned it in my OP to avoid people thinking I was doing it for some ulterior motive. Alternatively, you could always wait until somebody mentions it and then accuse them of trolling.

Edit: Also, as you like to help people, why not mention in your OP that the coupon isn't necessary for first time submissions?
If you look back through my posts I have mentioned on many occasions that if you call they will probably give you the credit. To my knowledge that old credit and coupon expired last year but was still be honored last I heard. These coupons have a valid date so there will be no question in getting the credit.

You are right, in hindsight I should have mentioned it to avoid the pessimisstic points of view but did not see the need at the time. I did not see that there were people trying to be Debbie Downer. I asked for nothing in return from anyone and paid money out of my pocket to send in stamps and envelopes. I also was unaware that there was actually a 'referral program' when I started this post. Last week COMC sent me these cards and the letter said to hand them out which I have done.

That is all for now as I have more pressing things to take care of such as taking candy from babies and knocking over old ladies.
jmscoggin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,551
Default

Who cares if they get $5?

If I sent it in and save $20 I couldnt care less if they get a $5 credit. In fact they deserve it for helping me save $20. I dont understand why this is an issue.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX by way of CA
Posts: 9,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Who cares if they get $5?

If I sent it in and save $20 I couldnt care less if they get a $5 credit. In fact they deserve it for helping me save $20. I dont understand why this is an issue.
I'm with you. I've been here long enough to not be surprised but I still don't get it. Almost makes me wish I had just thrown them away.
jmscoggin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Bottom9th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Land O Lakes, Florida
Posts: 1,231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
I'm with you. I've been here long enough to not be surprised but I still don't get it. Almost makes me wish I had just thrown them away.
Don't worry about the trolls. You try to do something nice and still it's not enough. That being said I've got 4 coupons available too so just drop me a PM if you would like one. The more people that see that COMC is a great alternative to Ebay the better for all of us IMO.
__________________
Originally posted by The Card Album - It's not Rocket Surgery
1500.4 miles/$1873 for Team Connor!
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/524160-biking-connor.html#post5036603
Bottom9th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:44 AM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
dashcounter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: AZ
Posts: 2,649
Default

i could definitely use one! anyone want to send me one?
__________________
Always looking for Kevin Johnson Autos, Jerseys, Patches and Parallels

Also looking for Emma Watson and Kat Dennings
dashcounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: American
Posts: 65
Default

Hi, I would like one please, I have a huge collection that needs to be sold for the most part and the coupon would help alot since im low on funds.

Thanks!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.