Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Would eBay be better with traditional auction bidding?

Rather than "proxy bidding"?
NewAgeHardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

They would be better with more auction bidding period instead of trying to be Amazon Jr.
iam12fear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

For online auctions I prefer the proxy bids. I can place one bid (usually at the last possible second) and not have to worry about checking in to see if I've been out bid.

Everyone has the exact same amount of time to bid. If you were willing to bid more then you should have done so. Remember it's not the last bid that wins. It's the highest.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

If you're talking about a first-price auction instead, it would certainly reflect what people are willing to pay more accurately.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

I think it should have more options. A cool idea could be to have all bidders submit one bid during the 7 day span. Then once it ends whoever submitted highest wins. To ensure seller's won't be scammed a not disclosed reserve price is necessary. A reverse auction could be neat too with high quantity items. A buyer offers x amount for an item, then all the sellers that have it bid lower prices in increments until all other sellers back out.
Metsfan1121 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan1121 View Post
I think it should have more options. A cool idea could be to have all bidders submit one bid during the 7 day span. Then once it ends whoever submitted highest wins. To ensure seller's won't be scammed a not disclosed reserve price is necessary. A reverse auction could be neat too with high quantity items. A buyer offers x amount for an item, then all the sellers that have it bid lower prices in increments until all other sellers back out.
I'm curious how your firsts idea would work. Sounds like a silent auction to me. Are you suggesting this scenario?:

Bidder a bids $25
Bidder b bids $40
Bidder c bids $200

Bidder c wins, but has to pay $200 even though the next highest bid was only $40?

I very well could be wrong, but I wouldn't think that option would get used to much other than maybe really rare items.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote