Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 03:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ebay feedback question

Hi guys,
Just started selling on eBay and noticed something you can hopefully explain to me. I've had a couple non-paying bidders already and when I go to their feedback page, I notice that other sellers have left them negative comments "did not pay..be careful" etc. but the actual feedback is positive (green) instead of negative. Why would the seller leave positive feedback for a non-paying bidder? Is that a protection so that the buyer can't leave the seller negative feedback or something? I just noticed this a few times so wondering if there was a reason or possibly mistakes by the seller.
Thanks
TheFranchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

[QUOTE=TheFranchise;4588358]Hi guys,
Just started selling on eBay and noticed something you can hopefully explain to me. I've had a couple non-paying bidders already and when I go to their feedback page, I notice that other sellers have left them negative comments "did not pay..be careful" etc. but the actual feedback is positive (green) instead of negative. Why would the seller leave positive feedback for a non-paying bidder? Is that a protection so that the buyer can't leave the seller negative feedback or something? I just noticed this a few times so wondering if there was a reason or possibly mistakes by the seller.
Thanks[/QU

They probably opened a NPC and the buyer never responded so they got a final value fee credit and when that happens you can still leave feedback but theres only the positive option but people will leave the feedback in all caps too alert other sellers...i know your frustration ive been through it and going thru it right now...good luck
michael84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

I see.....That makes sense. More important to get your money back first and foremost I suppose. Thanks for that! For you personally, how many no-payers do you come across. Let's say you sold 50 auctions. How many of those would be unpaid roughly for you?
Old 03-31-2013, 05:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sellers haven't been able to leave negs for buyers since 2008. To many sellers were holding feedback hostage from buyers to make sure the buyer left a positive first. If buyer left a neg, then buyer received a neg.

Some sellers will leave the false positive, but it really does no good because a lot of sellers don't read the feedback since all buyers have 100%. Not to mention if the buyer reports the false positive ebay will give you a slap on the wrist.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

But then isn't the situation now that the buyer holds the seller hostage?
Buyer doesn't pay, Seller leaves neg feedback, Buyer leaves neg feedback out of retalition.

Sounds to me like the system is set up to give the buyer a lot of power!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFranchise View Post
Buyer doesn't pay, Seller leaves neg feedback, Buyer leaves neg feedback out of retalition.

you are correct! ebay/paypal "protects" the buyer way too much.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Old 04-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yes.

Interesting that you figured that out in about 5 seconds, while the Brain Trust at eBay is still clueless after half a decade.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
I see.....That makes sense. More important to get your money back first and foremost I suppose. Thanks for that! For you personally, how many no-payers do you come across. Let's say you sold 50 auctions. How many of those would be unpaid roughly for you?
I've done about 250 sales on eBay the past nine months or so, and had 9 NPBs. Apparently, I'm one of the lucky ones.

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:

If the Buyer does not pay, they CANNOT leave negative feedback for the Seller. If they do, eBay will remove it. Best thing to do is set up the EBay Unpaid Item Assistant. It automatically opens an unpaid item case and blocks the (non)Buyer from leaving feedback if unpaid. Go to your ebay page, click above where it says Account: click Sight Preferences: click Unpaid Item Assistant. You can set up how many days the buyer has to pay. Make sure you put it into your listing because some buyers freak out asking why you opened a case.
Using Unpaid Item Assistant
QuiteSomething is offline   Reply With Quote