Blowout Cards Forums
4/4/14 Coupon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 11:21 AM   #3501 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgFight24 View Post
I just had some cards posted last night. I came across a minor problem. In all my packages I try to fill the boxes as much as possible. Well, in this last package I was completely full and couldn't find anything else I wanted to pay .15 to have sold. So I filled it with about 10 checklists. I made a note in the package and said that I ONLY want the sleeved cards to be processed (obviously the checklists weren't sleeved). And sure enough, they processed my checklists and charged me for it.
You might be able to get refunded for this. It's worth giving them a call about.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:26 AM   #3502 (permalink)

Default Will be adding so buy these cheap to help clear my slate...

VinnyH on COMC

Most multi card offers over 50% of my all ready low prices will be accepted. I just sent in a nice batch of 170 cards that should show in about 3 weeks.

Thanks,
Vinny
Old 08-21-2009, 01:13 PM   #3503 (permalink)

i love COMC's setup and plan on continuing to use them as i phase out of ebay--my question is--how do you guys decide on what to send in?--there's no way i can look up every price, and something marked $9.00 last year may be .99 this yr--do you just go with your gut?--especially you guys sending in big orders--also, whats the common thought process concerning availability on COMC?--ie--say you have a $20.00 card--u look on COMC and see there are 30 for sell already, with the lowest price at 1.99---what do you do?--just trying to get some thoughts from those with some experience--thanks
Old 08-21-2009, 01:23 PM   #3504 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgFight24 View Post
I just had some cards posted last night. I came across a minor problem. In all my packages I try to fill the boxes as much as possible. Well, in this last package I was completely full and couldn't find anything else I wanted to pay .15 to have sold. So I filled it with about 10 checklists. I made a note in the package and said that I ONLY want the sleeved cards to be processed (obviously the checklists weren't sleeved). And sure enough, they processed my checklists and charged me for it.
If I use any decoy/checklist/ad cards at the ends of my boxes, I usually draw a big "X" on each side with a sharpie. Seems to have worked so far, as they've never tried to process one But like its already been mentioned, I'd contact them about it and see if they refund you for them. Especially if you included a note, I would think they will take care of this.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
Old 08-21-2009, 01:35 PM   #3505 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivotco1 View Post
i love COMC's setup and plan on continuing to use them as i phase out of ebay--my question is--how do you guys decide on what to send in?--there's no way i can look up every price, and something marked $9.00 last year may be .99 this yr--do you just go with your gut?--especially you guys sending in big orders--also, whats the common thought process concerning availability on COMC?--ie--say you have a $20.00 card--u look on COMC and see there are 30 for sell already, with the lowest price at 1.99---what do you do?--just trying to get some thoughts from those with some experience--thanks
I'd say most any Relics / Autoraphs have a shot to sell. Most cards serial numbered to 100 or less have a good shot. Higher $ rookies or short printed rookies. Rare insert/oddball items of popular players. Those are what I usually start out with and then just kind of go with my gut on other stuff. Some low $ RC's, higher serial #'d cards, cheap parallel, base cards, etc might sell too but I'm more selective on that kind of stuff and will often see what kind of quantity (and price) is already on the site.

As for the example of the somewhat overstocked card at a cheap price... it just depends on (A) what I want to price mine at (B) how many cards are priced less than what I want to price mine at. If the $1.99 card is the only card under $5, and I want around $5 for mine too, then I'd buy and flip the $1.99 card (assuming poor condition isn't responsible for the price) and price both it and mine for $4.99 each. But if there are 4-5 cards priced between $1.99 and $5 and I want around $5 for mine, I'd still probably just go ahead and price it at $3.99-$4.99. When people are looking through your port to make a multi-card offer, they may still add your card even though it isn't the low price leader of the site. If the player gets hot, others may end up buying up the cheap ones, making yours the new lowest price. I guess it depends on how quickly you're concerned with moving a particular card too. I myself am in it for the long haul, and while I can be flexible on many of my prices, the storage fees don't really concern me and I'm not actively looking to have a fire sale. Any card I send in, its because I think it will eventually sell. I'd rather be patient with most things than take every 50% offer that comes along.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
Old 08-21-2009, 01:44 PM   #3506 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
I'd say most any Relics / Autoraphs have a shot to sell. Most cards serial numbered to 100 or less have a good shot. Higher $ rookies or short printed rookies. Rare insert/oddball items of popular players. Those are what I usually start out with and then just kind of go with my gut on other stuff. Some low $ RC's, higher serial #'d cards, cheap parallel, base cards, etc might sell too but I'm more selective on that kind of stuff and will often see what kind of quantity (and price) is already on the site.

As for the example of the somewhat overstocked card at a cheap price... it just depends on (A) what I want to price mine at (B) how many cards are priced less than what I want to price mine at. If the $1.99 card is the only card under $5, and I want around $5 for mine too, then I'd buy and flip the $1.99 card (assuming poor condition isn't responsible for the price) and price both it and mine for $4.99 each. But if there are 4-5 cards priced between $1.99 and $5 and I want around $5 for mine, I'd still probably just go ahead and price it at $3.99-$4.99. When people are looking through your port to make a multi-card offer, they may still add your card even though it isn't the low price leader of the site. If the player gets hot, others may end up buying up the cheap ones, making yours the new lowest price. I guess it depends on how quickly you're concerned with moving a particular card too. I myself am in it for the long haul, and while I can be flexible on many of my prices, the storage fees don't really concern me and I'm not actively looking to have a fire sale. Any card I send in, its because I think it will eventually sell. I'd rather be patient with most things than take every 50% offer that comes along.
^^^^^^^^^ He has the best deals and great inventory. I think i bought the most from him,bigkxxxx and js...(forgot the exact ids).

Thanks Ohio, sorry to low ball you all the time
Old 08-21-2009, 02:49 PM   #3507 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivotco1 View Post
Look around the site and try to send things that are not listed yet or they are limited. Try not sending in basic cards, such as Bonds rookies unless you want to sell them for 5% of book. There is no exact science on what to send. As you have likely read through this thread everyone here has a different approach from high dollar to cheap cards. And has been stated if sending in filler cards to secure your package make sure to mark them. I just got 4 ITG expired point cards back in the mail for no value to add to the site

Buying Brandon Hughes (OSU/Chargers) Auto's and low numbered cards.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:16 AM   #3508 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
There will always be buyers on COMC with their current structure. I do hope they figure something out with shipping prices though to bring even more buyers to the sight.

I will say that no one complains about the price of shipping cards they buy from me.
Of course no one complains, your average asking price/card is over $20!

On another note:
I wouldn't mind seeing them put in a commission fee. They would make money when people flip cards. Yes it might make the COMC fees look alot more like ebay fees, but the difference would be the time we save shipping cards out. As for relaying the shipping fees to the seller as a per card fee, you might as well raise the initial listing fee. If the listing fee goes up to say $0.50/card to help pay for shipping, then you will not see ANY cards worth $1 or less. These cards attract alot of set builders. When they are searching for cards to fill their set, they might spot that rare game used and say "wow, I need that card".

So in the end I think it would be better to leave the fees per card alone and give a commission to help cover the shipping fees.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:11 AM   #3509 (permalink)

Dropped a ton of prices. Make me some offers.

fungi2510's Cards - CheckOutMyCards.com

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
Old 08-22-2009, 11:31 AM   #3510 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

2,700+ cards ready to be purchased! As always, 25+ card offers will be accepted. I will sell in smaller lots or individually too.

IF YOU SUBMIT AN OFFER ON 25 OR MORE CARDS, THEN I WILL ACCEPT IT
(unless one or more of the cards sell to someone else before I accept the offer).

Thanks!

http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/2_t_2
Old 08-22-2009, 05:15 PM   #3511 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedro45kobe8 View Post
Of course no one complains, your average asking price/card is over $20!
That was my point.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:04 PM   #3512 (permalink)

Need to sell my port...make me an offer on the entire thing. Everything must go...
Old 08-22-2009, 10:55 PM   #3513 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to bigboysoffootball

Items in Inventory 1,057
Total Book Value $4,075.70
Items w/o Book Price 3
Total Asking Price $1,709.81
Items w/o Asking Price 0
Items Not for Sale 0
Items Ready to Ship 0

Port for sale 1000.00 OBO for it.

R.I.P PAPAJIM

Last edited by bigboysoffootball; 08-23-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:21 PM   #3514 (permalink)

Even more of my cards marked way down to .20 cents a card. Go make an offer on multiples, almost all offers accepted. I need to move these cards asap.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:03 AM   #3515 (permalink)

Century Club:

I've found a couple more cards that are in or near the century club (100+ cards listed):

1989 Donruss Biggio 132 0.23
1990 Score Thomas 113 0.24
1987 Topps Kelly 105 1.74
1989 Donruss Griffey 105 1.5
1987 Topps Bonds 100 2.4
1989 Donruss Schilling 100 0.25
1992 Ultra Shaq 99 1.25
1992 Classic Shaq 98 0.38

You can be the proud owner of all eight for:
Old 08-23-2009, 08:16 AM   #3516 (permalink)

I have discounted a bunch of my inventory to get ready for more cards. Check them out and make me offers. I will at least counter...

Checkoutmycards ID: kelleys1
Old 08-23-2009, 11:31 AM   #3517 (permalink)

most my cards are now 90%!!!!! send me some offers, the least I will do is counter.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:16 PM   #3518 (permalink)

Is there a way to mark down all of your cards to a certain percent, or do you have to do it manually?
Old 08-23-2009, 04:22 PM   #3519 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal_fifty View Post
Is there a way to mark down all of your cards to a certain percent, or do you have to do it manually?
you have to download their price editing tool..........here's a link:
Bulk Price Editing (Beta) « CheckOutMyCards.com Blog
Old 08-23-2009, 04:29 PM   #3520 (permalink)

thanks tigers1894ws for the offer......you got a hell of a deal on those cards. I hate having my cards at 90%, especially the vintage, but I need money now. My twins are turning 2 on labor day and my wife and I are trying to tie loose ends for their party but we are falling short. I'll port my collection for 92% off BV ($1050 for whole collection). If you don't want the entire thing then I will accept any offer at 92% off. Thanks!!
-Jay

Last edited by pedro45kobe8; 08-23-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:22 AM   #3521 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to CardCache Send a message via Yahoo to CardCache

Wow! Big news!

COMC partners with Blowout Cards « CheckOutMyCards.com Blog

"Now you can use the store credit that you earn from selling cards on CheckOutMyCards.com to buy Blowout Cards gift certificates. You can than buy factory sealed boxes & cases from Blowout Cards, crack them open, keep the cards you want, and send us the rest to earn more funds to buy more product. Of course, you can also use your store credit on CheckOutMyCards.com to buy other singles or to get cash.
This just the beginning. We will continue to find more innovative ways that we can leverage each others services."
Old 08-24-2009, 02:01 AM   #3522 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to CardCache Send a message via Yahoo to CardCache

The site has updated, here's the new option:

$50 Blowout Cards Gift Certificate - Purchase with $60 COMC Store Credit.

$250 Blowout Cards Gift Certificate - Purchase with $290 COMC Store Credit.

$1000 Blowout Cards Gift Certificate - Purchase with $1150 COMC Store Credit.

At those rates, cashing out $60 with get you $48 cash, or $50 credit at blowoutcards.com. $290 store credit would be $232 cash or $250 credit, and $1150 store credit would be $920 cash or $1000 credit.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:55 AM   #3523 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

An Extra 10% towards my cardboard crack..I love it! For those doing their best to avoid ebay, this could be a really good way to avoid them. We all know the more cards the site gets the more popular it should become, the more popular it gets, the more buyers will come to the site.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:15 PM   #3524 (permalink)
Administrator

This has been one huge thread! But all good things must come to an end.
We will be closing this thread, but will be creating a few new ones to take it's place.

Here is a link to new thread that will replace this one:
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/e...timonials.html

Post your listings here:
Spam your eBay & COMC listings here! (Naxcom, Sportslots, etc.) - Blowout Cards Forums

Add your COMC link to your avatar!
How do I add that COMC link in my profile/avatar?

Last edited by admin_blowoutcards; 08-24-2009 at 02:25 PM.
Closed Thread