Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ebay Invoice question?? Help!!

So I sold a 2010 Heros Archives sealed box on ebay via auction to a member that had previously bought boxes from me. Previous trans went fine, no issues.

So I messaged him before sending an invoice telling him that I had more boxes and could sell them at the same price and would not increase the shipping. He stated he would take 3 more boxes and to please adjust the invoice...

So i said fine I would do that...

He said he was ready to pay, so send him the invoice

Well, I went to send the invoice and it would not let change the price of the box or increase the number of boxes. The only field that it would let me change is the shipping charge...I called ebay and they said I could not change the price of the winning auction or increase it.

SO I messaged the buyer back and said that I could not figure out how to change the invoice. I told him I could have him pay for this box, and then set up a 3 box lot with a buy it now for him to hit, or he could send the difference to my paypal account, or I could adjust the shipping charge.

I didn't hear anything from him for a few hours, but figured since we had had a transaction before, I would send the invoice with the increased shipping and let him decide what he would want to do...figured either way, ebay will get their cut since they include shipping on their fees.

So this morning, I get this message...

PLEASE CANCEL THIS ENTIRE TRANSACTION-YOU CAN'T SUBSTITUTE SHIPPING CHARGES FOR PRODUCT UNITS ON AN INVOICE. YOU ARE COMMITING FRAUD. I WILL NOT BE PROTECTED WITH THIS TRANSACTION. WE ARE DONE

This was my reply...

Hi,Like I said in my previous message, I could not figure out how to increase the amount or to increase it to 4 boxes. If you know how and could tell me, I would do that, also like I also said, I could set up a 3 box lot and do it that way as well for the extra boxes and have you hit the buy it now. I had called ebay and asked if I could adjust the price of the box so that I could send an invoice for 4 boxes and they said no.

They did not suggest changing the shipping, but that was the only changeable field on the invoice screen. I had waited after I sent the last message in the hopes to get some direction as to how to proceed, but then sent the invoice in case that was the option to proceed.

I did not intentionally intend to commit fraud, and apologize if you feel like I was trying to pull a fast one, our previous transaction went fine, but if you want to cancel the entire transaction that is fine.

Again, if you know of a way that I could adjust the invoice correctly to reflect the sale of 4 boxes instead of 1, and could let me know, I would appreciate it.

Thank you

Anyway, does anyone know how I could have change the amount or sent an invoice for additional boxes??

I do not have an ebay store...just don't know what else I could have done...
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
So I sold a 2010 Heros Archives sealed box on ebay via auction to a member that had previously bought boxes from me. Previous trans went fine, no issues.

So I messaged him before sending an invoice telling him that I had more boxes and could sell them at the same price and would not increase the shipping. He stated he would take 3 more boxes and to please adjust the invoice...

So i said fine I would do that...

He said he was ready to pay, so send him the invoice

Well, I went to send the invoice and it would not let change the price of the box or increase the number of boxes. The only field that it would let me change is the shipping charge...I called ebay and they said I could not change the price of the winning auction or increase it.

SO I messaged the buyer back and said that I could not figure out how to change the invoice. I told him I could have him pay for this box, and then set up a 3 box lot with a buy it now for him to hit, or he could send the difference to my paypal account, or I could adjust the shipping charge.

I didn't hear anything from him for a few hours, but figured since we had had a transaction before, I would send the invoice with the increased shipping and let him decide what he would want to do...figured either way, ebay will get their cut since they include shipping on their fees.

So this morning, I get this message...

PLEASE CANCEL THIS ENTIRE TRANSACTION-YOU CAN'T SUBSTITUTE SHIPPING CHARGES FOR PRODUCT UNITS ON AN INVOICE. YOU ARE COMMITING FRAUD. I WILL NOT BE PROTECTED WITH THIS TRANSACTION. WE ARE DONE

This was my reply...

Hi,Like I said in my previous message, I could not figure out how to increase the amount or to increase it to 4 boxes. If you know how and could tell me, I would do that, also like I also said, I could set up a 3 box lot and do it that way as well for the extra boxes and have you hit the buy it now. I had called ebay and asked if I could adjust the price of the box so that I could send an invoice for 4 boxes and they said no.

They did not suggest changing the shipping, but that was the only changeable field on the invoice screen. I had waited after I sent the last message in the hopes to get some direction as to how to proceed, but then sent the invoice in case that was the option to proceed.

I did not intentionally intend to commit fraud, and apologize if you feel like I was trying to pull a fast one, our previous transaction went fine, but if you want to cancel the entire transaction that is fine.

Again, if you know of a way that I could adjust the invoice correctly to reflect the sale of 4 boxes instead of 1, and could let me know, I would appreciate it.

Thank you

Anyway, does anyone know how I could have change the amount or sent an invoice for additional boxes??

I do not have an ebay store...just don't know what else I could have done...
This. It would be a disaster if people could change prices on invoices after things sold. You could bid up auctions on stuff and then change the invoice to $1 and pay barely anything in fees to inflate a price then sell the item for more because the market is inflated. Shilling would be insane. Just make a new auction for the buyer or send a straight PayPal invoice to their email address for the next 3 boxes.

Collecting Contenders QB Autos (Selling these off, lost count), Bryce Harper, and Kyrie Irving - PLEASE don't ship to me in a PWE.
adamt326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

That's odd. I just increased it the other day for a buyer who requested more items after the auction was over. I just added the dollar amount to the box circled below.

Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt326 View Post
This. It would be a disaster if people could change prices on invoices after things sold. You could bid up auctions on stuff and then change the invoice to $1 and pay barely anything in fees to inflate a price then sell the item for more because the market is inflated. Shilling would be insane. Just make a new auction for the buyer or send a straight PayPal invoice to their email address for the next 3 boxes.
I didn't have their e-mail address and I was trying to send him mine, but ebay blocks it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
That's odd. I just increased it the other day for a buyer who requested more items after the auction was over. I just added the dollar amount to the box circled below.

I didn't notice that, so I tried it, but I don't think he woulda went for that as well, since its shows a higher charge, but does not increase the number of boxes to 4, so he was worried I would shaft him
Old 04-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Texans81 Send a message via Yahoo to Texans81

I would have just sent him the invoice as is for the 1 box he bought from you on ebay. then sent him an additional invoice through paypal for the three additional boxes. ebay covers him for the first transaction and paypal covers him for the second one.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans81 View Post
I would have just sent him the invoice as is for the 1 box he bought from you on ebay. then sent him an additional invoice through paypal for the three additional boxes. ebay covers him for the first transaction and paypal covers him for the second one.

NOW that is a good idea, I never thought of that.

But would he be able to get his email address somehow ??
Old 04-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Texans81 Send a message via Yahoo to Texans81

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunDragon View Post

NOW that is a good idea, I never thought of that.

But would he be able to get his email address somehow ??
sure. once you've completed a transaction thru ebay with someone you can get their email thru ebay. also, once they'd paid the original invoice for the one box, you'd have a payment from them in your paypal and their paypal/email address shows up in there too.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans81 View Post
sure. once you've completed a transaction thru ebay with someone you can get their email thru ebay. also, once they'd paid the original invoice for the one box, you'd have a payment from them in your paypal and their paypal/email address shows up in there too.
Thanks, will keep this in mind for the future
Old 04-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

also maybe you could give you email through a message yourname at hotmale dot com

see what I did there

(this may or may not work)

*Looking for Pistol Pete Maravich Autographs or other rare HOFers
SPauthentic84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPauthentic84 View Post
also maybe you could give you email through a message yourname at hotmale dot com

see what I did there

(this may or may not work)
I tried a couple of combos...even the one below, but a message pops up from ebay that says they don't allow e-mail addresses to be exchanged...

user name on one line

dot

sbcglobal

dot

net

its all good though...the price the box sold for was a little lower than I woulda liked, was just trying to move them though