Blowout Cards Forums
Save big on officially licensed NFL fan merchandise at NFLShop.com

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2014, 07:50 PM   #301 (permalink)

You seem to spend a lot more time there than I do...I check in maybe once a week on prices, takes about an hour to do. I pop by a couple times a day just to see what has sold and how much I have in my account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingpacks View Post
Are you talking about the 24/7 logging in to COMC to check on, adjust, SPAMMING , posting , seeing if cards finally posted, adjust prices?

I sent in cards to Probstein and Small Traditions and that was it. No other time spent. Sportlots consumed about 1 day last month. COMC needs is actually more time consuming than ebay,sportlots,small tradition and probstein combined!

COMC is definitely the most fun when the site is running normally. But for those that are all business thinking comc would save time are not really saving time. Time is money, selling cards(100 card batch) in 2 years might generate $100 on comc, But if someone can generate $50(on the same batch) today on another site and flip that $50 over and over and over and over 100 times in two years. That $50 might be in the $1000's.

All great sites, check them all out. Each has a niche .

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:59 PM   #302 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
You seem to spend a lot more time there than I do...I check in maybe once a week on prices, takes about an hour to do. I pop by a couple times a day just to see what has sold and how much I have in my account.
Your right. I have alot of free time since selling on Probstein,Small Traditions and sportlots! Been make some serious money trading also. posted before, things happen for a reason and the comc changes in the long run made me some good money (trading) and found that alot of sites for cards!.

Free time is fun.

Last edited by amazingpacks; 07-06-2014 at 08:05 PM.
amazingpacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:04 PM   #303 (permalink)

Honestly, I just find it unethical to be charged full price for these types of cases and when people defend them they basically approve of the behavior.

I would not do this to someone, and if a buyer or seller acted like this here on blowout, there would be lots of negative I trader.

I use the orr as an example because it is a good one. How the hell can you not identify Bobby Orr.

I also have a bunch of 2013 five star with missing names. I paid premium for one of them. That one has a name. The others were pushed thru at the processing deadline without a name. I'm calling shenenagins. How can this be so?
Old 07-06-2014, 08:54 PM   #304 (permalink)

Quote:
Your right. I have alot of free time since selling on Probstein,Small Traditions and sportlots! Been make some serious money trading also. posted before, things happen for a reason and the comc changes in the long run made me some good money (trading) and found that alot of sites for cards!.

Free time is fun.
I am looking at the small traditions weblink and noticed they are partnered with Beckett...lol. Talk about irony.

Feel free to check me out
http://www.comc.com/Users/tyrodsports,sr,i100
tyrodsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:09 PM   #305 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrodsports View Post
I am looking at the small traditions weblink and noticed they are partnered with Beckett...lol. Talk about irony.
I had that feel from their site design.

Trout, Ellington, Soler, Baez, and more!
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:52 PM   #306 (permalink)

Quote:

Free time is fun.
Honestly I just looked at your COMC port and noticed a few things:
1. The prices aren't as low as they were. You used to be lowest price on everything...you are not now on a lot of cards. Like your Ichiro retrofractor is $109. Travis Snider /100 is $45. Nomo relic /50 is nearly $40 and the only one that ever sold on the site sold for $6 and change. So...very very overpriced man.

2. Your "sales," as a result, are see-through. If I see a 50% off sale where the Nomo becomes $20 but it's only ever sold at $6, I give up on that sale. I won't look at any other cards after I price check 5-10 ones that stand out to me, and that would include your port.

3. I don't see a lot of big names to attract me to your port. Griffey? Nope. Jeter? A few, but not lowest priced. Prospects like Polanco? All sold. Springer? You have a few, but you jacked up your prices with everyone else...so as a result you have to wait until demand rises enough for people to buy those cards.

You used to have great deals at low prices...now your cards are all average to high priced without a lot of star power attached. It looks like you've taken 2-3 months off from COMC and just let your port slip...which is probably true given your ventures into other sites. But you can't really complain about how low your sales are when you let your port go to crap.

Just being honest.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:15 PM   #307 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
Honestly I just looked at your COMC port and noticed a few things:
1. The prices aren't as low as they were. You used to be lowest price on everything...you are not now on a lot of cards. Like your Ichiro retrofractor is $109. Travis Snider /100 is $45. Nomo relic /50 is nearly $40 and the only one that ever sold on the site sold for $6 and change. So...very very overpriced man.

2. Your "sales," as a result, are see-through. If I see a 50% off sale where the Nomo becomes $20 but it's only ever sold at $6, I give up on that sale. I won't look at any other cards after I price check 5-10 ones that stand out to me, and that would include your port.

3. I don't see a lot of big names to attract me to your port. Griffey? Nope. Jeter? A few, but not lowest priced. Prospects like Polanco? All sold. Springer? You have a few, but you jacked up your prices with everyone else...so as a result you have to wait until demand rises enough for people to buy those cards.

You used to have great deals at low prices...now your cards are all average to high priced without a lot of star power attached. It looks like you've taken 2-3 months off from COMC and just let your port slip...which is probably true given your ventures into other sites. But you can't really complain about how low your sales are when you let your port go to crap.

Just being honest.
Trying to do a controlled test. All sites get the same amount of time. Was spending way too much time with maintaining comc.

This month on comc

http://i.imgur.com/vWzKIXG.png

Your right! my first 100 autographs are way over priced!

Last edited by amazingpacks; 07-06-2014 at 10:25 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:20 PM   #308 (permalink)

Quote:
Trying to do a controlled test. All sites get the same amount of time. Was spending way too much time with maintaining comc.

This month on comc

http://i.imgur.com/vWzKIXG.png
Which would mean COMC needs more time?

Also if you're doing an experiment, could you mention that when you mention how crappy your sales are for the month? My Ebay sales this month SUCK! I've made $0! Of course I also haven't listed anything on Ebay. But who cares...$0 is awful!

I.e. if you cut back on your COMC time and sales drop...you need to mention that when you say "Ahhh my sale shave dropped!"

Otherwise your response is messed up statistically.

So next time you could say "I've spent less time on COMC, and I haven't made a sale all month."

Instead of posting screenshots of your numbers and pretending your prices are competitive and your "supply" cardswise is as appeasing as someone like TheBrett or OldPaper or even myself.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:31 PM   #309 (permalink)

Quote:
Which would mean COMC needs more time?

Also if you're doing an experiment, could you mention that when you mention how crappy your sales are for the month? My Ebay sales this month SUCK! I've made $0! Of course I also haven't listed anything on Ebay. But who cares...$0 is awful!

I.e. if you cut back on your COMC time and sales drop...you need to mention that when you say "Ahhh my sale shave dropped!"

Otherwise your response is messed up statistically.

So next time you could say "I've spent less time on COMC, and I haven't made a sale all month."

Instead of posting screenshots of your numbers and pretending your prices are competitive and your "supply" cardswise is as appeasing as someone like TheBrett or OldPaper or even myself.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLO

I am sure you sold more than 30 cards. But with all the spam on all the sites ,blogs and here. dont know if your spending your time wisely.

Cards are fun. i just enjoy looking for other sites nowdays and screw around in the stock market. Made alot of money in the card hobby , dont need to go to a 9-5 job partially due to the money i made in cards.

Just being honest. alot of people make alot of money in the card hobby. They just dont want to be a internet star.

By the way, your port is awesome. Your prices are great.

Last edited by amazingpacks; 07-06-2014 at 10:35 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:39 PM   #310 (permalink)

It's easy to make money with Probstein schillin the cards
cowboyfaninlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:41 PM   #311 (permalink)

Quote:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLO

I am sure you sold more than 30 cards. But with all the spam on all the sites ,blogs and here. dont know if your spending your time wisely.

Cards are fun. i just enjoy looking for other sites nowdays and screw around in the stock market. Made alot of money in the card hobby , dont need to go to a 9-5 job partially due to the money i made in cards.

Just being honest. alot of people make alot of money in the card hobby. They just dont want to be a internet star.

By the way, your port is awesome. Your prices are great.
Oh I agree my time may not be spent most wisely the way it is haha. I'm not trying to say I'm being a huge COMC homer (I love them but even I can now admit the site is not doing well right now haha), just saying if you're gonna say sales are horrible please admit all the reasons (aka the site is bad, but also you drastically cut back your time spent there).

I wish I could sell on the other sites you do but for me without a lot of spare income COMC works best for me since it's so flip friendly. I Ebay a small bit, but otherwise no other sites really work for me. They're either not football friendly or they're set focused and neither of those work for me. So I stick with COMC better or worse lol.

And thanks for the positive feedback on my thread! I have like 6 pages of watch list stuff that is perfect for flips I just gotta sell some stuff first. Getting better and better at flipping haha...there's just so many things involved but generally I stick with star names and perusing through sales.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:44 PM   #312 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh I agree my time may not be spent most wisely the way it is haha. I'm not trying to say I'm being a huge COMC homer (I love them but even I can now admit the site is not doing well right now haha), just saying if you're gonna say sales are horrible please admit all the reasons (aka the site is bad, but also you drastically cut back your time spent there).

I wish I could sell on the other sites you do but for me without a lot of spare income COMC works best for me since it's so flip friendly. I Ebay a small bit, but otherwise no other sites really work for me. They're either not football friendly or they're set focused and neither of those work for me. So I stick with COMC better or worse lol.

And thanks for the positive feedback on my thread! I have like 6 pages of watch list stuff that is perfect for flips I just gotta sell some stuff first. Getting better and better at flipping haha...there's just so many things involved but generally I stick with star names and perusing through sales.

I am going to quote your Without your name in a new thread. I FOUND OUT SOME INTERESTING info .
Old 07-06-2014, 10:46 PM   #313 (permalink)

Quote:
I am going to quote your Without your name in a new thread. I FOUND OUT SOME INTERESTING info .
Lol ooooo

Old 07-06-2014, 10:55 PM   #314 (permalink)

Quote:
Lol ooooo
Here you go. Interesting aint it.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/e...lot-sales.html
Old 07-06-2014, 10:59 PM   #315 (permalink)

Quote:
See my response. I definitely agree to a point...but that's a terrible example.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:08 PM   #316 (permalink)

Quote:
See my response. I definitely agree to a point...but that's a terrible example.
why is that a terrible example. YOU BROUGHT IT UP, not me.

I dont go looking at sales history, it doesnt matter for me. I just buy at what i think is a comfortable price.

Do you collect Nomo cards? Do you have access to Japan to sell your cards? I think there is alot of variables that you dont understand about Nomo cards. I do not even understand why NOMO cards are so strong. But i am not complaining cause i can sell in Japan.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:15 PM   #317 (permalink)

Quote:
why is that a terrible example. YOU BROUGHT IT UP, not me.

I dont go looking at sales history, it doesnt matter for me. I just buy at what i think is a comfortable price.

Do you collect Nomo cards? Do you have access to Japan to sell your cards? I think there is alot of variables that you dont understand about Nomo cards. I do not even understand why NOMO cards are so strong. But i am not complaining cause i can sell in Japan.
It was a great example of your cards being overpriced (which is why I brought it up).

It's a bad example of your point that COMC previous sales hurt future sales (which is why you quoted me).

Now if a George Springer card sold for $1 and now it sells on Ebay for $5...previous COMC sales could hurt...and that'd be a good example.

If a card you bought for $10 post retirement of a guy whose previous card sold best on the site for $6 won't sell at $40...it sounds like you just need to drop your price closer to $10. Nomo is super collectible, I agree, but 4x the highest selling price collectible when the card was bought post retirement? Man...I don't think so.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:24 PM   #318 (permalink)

Quote:
It was a great example of your cards being overpriced (which is why I brought it up).

It's a bad example of your point that COMC previous sales hurt future sales (which is why you quoted me).

Now if a George Springer card sold for $1 and now it sells on Ebay for $5...previous COMC sales could hurt...and that'd be a good example.

If a card you bought for $10 post retirement of a guy whose previous card sold best on the site for $6 won't sell at $40...it sounds like you just need to drop your price closer to $10. Nomo is super collectible, I agree, but 4x the highest selling price collectible when the card was bought post retirement? Man...I don't think so.

I think with NOMO you might be way off.

COMC is only one selling venue of 1000's. I never look at that sales history stuff, that nomo was picked because you gave me the stats.

You said it sold for $6.00 i looked on MY INVENTORY(not sales history). It says i BOUGHT IT FOR $9.87 on comc.

So either someone is bs me or comc is bs you.

All i did was just priced my card.

it is what it is.

My prices are 10x right! my first 100 memorabilia prices. what should i price them?

Last edited by amazingpacks; 07-06-2014 at 11:30 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:33 PM   #319 (permalink)

Quote:
I think with NOMO you might be way off.

COMC is only one selling venue of 1000's. I never look at that sales history stuff, that nomo was picked because you gave me the stats.

You said it sold for $6.00 i looked on MY INVENTORY(not sales history). It says i BOUGHT IT FOR $9.87 on comc.

So either someone is bs me or comc is bs you.
You bought it at $10.

The highest true sale of this card is $6.

Even if you use your $10 as the highest sale...why would it be worthy of $40 on COMC?

If anything, maybe this is a $40 card ON EBAY

or ON SPORTLOTS

or elsewhere.

But what made you think "Hey I bought this card for $10 on COMC. People love Nomo so I'm gonna make it $40...even though he hasn't played since 2008...sweet.

That's nuts.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:40 PM   #320 (permalink)

Quote:
You bought it at $10.

The highest true sale of this card is $6.

Even if you use your $10 as the highest sale...why would it be worthy of $40 on COMC?

If anything, maybe this is a $40 card ON EBAY

or ON SPORTLOTS

or elsewhere.

But what made you think "Hey I bought this card for $10 on COMC. People love Nomo so I'm gonna make it $40...even though he hasn't played since 2008...sweet.

That's nuts.

I have alot of cards OVERPRICED for various reasons on COMC. I also have 1000's of cards UNDERPRICED on comc for various reasons.

Most my cards over $50 is overpriced because i expect 50% off offers or 20% amazon tack on fees. The low end are easily replaceable so i just price them low. The high end is not as easy to replace and high end buyers understand that.

Did you get in a fight with your wife or something? Step back and enjoy life and have fun.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:47 PM   #321 (permalink)

Quote:
I have alot of cards OVERPRICED for various reasons on COMC. I also have 1000's of cards UNDERPRICED on comc for various reasons.

Most my cards over $50 is overpriced because i expect 50% off offers or 20% amazon tack on fees. The low end are easily replaceable so i just price them low. The high end is not as easy to replace and high end buyers understand that.

Did you get in a fight with your wife or something? Step back and enjoy life and have fun.
I'm just gonna argue with you in the other thread lol.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:14 AM   #322 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrodsports View Post
Really? they sure push alot of PSA and grade thru PSA also. Do you have a link
Old 07-07-2014, 03:41 AM   #323 (permalink)

The point that I take from the discussion of AP's port here is that COMC sales only are brisk if you are keeping up your port.

I don't agree with his estimate that it's more time than ebay, but it does take a decent amount of time to find new stuff to send in, do a port sale when the inventory is picked over, make sure you are priced close to lowest on most items, etc.

The 100 cheap GU and AU cards that you posted don't prove anything about your prices in general -- they are mostly the types of cards that don't really move at any price - prospects that flamed out, unlicensed AUs, etc.

And I 100% agree that if I see a sale and an item I look at has a way inflated price discounted to a slightly less discounted price, I will no longer look at that sale.

So, AP I agree that COMC takes time. But your low sales figures don't have to do with the catalog issue / problems that COMC is having -- if you kept your port fresh and your prices low, your sales would be decent.

Anyways, good to hear that you are having success selling through other venues, if it's your choice to move away from COMC more power to you.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:12 AM   #324 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthewondercat View Post
The point that I take from the discussion of AP's port here is that COMC sales only are brisk if you are keeping up your port.

I don't agree with his estimate that it's more time than ebay, but it does take a decent amount of time to find new stuff to send in, do a port sale when the inventory is picked over, make sure you are priced close to lowest on most items, etc.

The 100 cheap GU and AU cards that you posted don't prove anything about your prices in general -- they are mostly the types of cards that don't really move at any price - prospects that flamed out, unlicensed AUs, etc.

And I 100% agree that if I see a sale and an item I look at has a way inflated price discounted to a slightly less discounted price, I will no longer look at that sale.

So, AP I agree that COMC takes time. But your low sales figures don't have to do with the catalog issue / problems that COMC is having -- if you kept your port fresh and your prices low, your sales would be decent.

Anyways, good to hear that you are having success selling through other venues, if it's your choice to move away from COMC more power to you.

Guess where the 1500+ "better" cards shipped off comc went ? Yup, the two venues mentioned in the other thread.

All shipments requested are 100 MINIMUM shipments .

I wonder who is making less sales? Come to think of it, everyone here knows everything about selling. Thanks everyone for the great insight to huge sales with less work.

I look at combine sales of all the sites as the ultimate bottom line. I need about 5000 auto/gu every 2 months to keep up with requests and selling on other venues. comc accounts for only 10-25% of my buying needs to fulfill my selling. More Time is going to the more efficient sites monthly and it does change monthly.

PS: sorry i dont run sales. I wish comc would just have a simple site again. NO SALES, no gimmicks. Just pure pricing.

Last edited by amazingpacks; 07-07-2014 at 05:05 AM.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:26 AM   #325 (permalink)

Looks like sales are rebounding for you - 30 cards already this month after you sold only five last month.

Quote:

This month on comc

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is offline   Reply With Quote