Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2013, 01:17 AM   #26 (permalink)

port = portfolio
base set is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #27 (permalink)

Hi all,

like rcrspur I have been thinking about getting a comc account. If someone could set up a to do & what not to do, that would be great. Here's what i gethered from reading this thread.

SEND IN :
Inserts
serial'd numbered
autos

Do not send in :
Base

Grey area:
relics
Star base (ie:mike trout chrome)

Also are some sports better than others?

Futhermore I saw this on the comc official blog:
$70 Flat Rate Special

To celebrate our 7th National and our 6th anniversary, we are offering a $70 Flat Rate Special for a 660ct box.

Use the Submission Wizard to notify us of the submission
Limit 1 660ct box per person
Single row, no jammed in minis
If you don’t have a 660ct box, please measure no more than 11.75″ of cards
These cards will be processed at a 6 Week Processing speed
All submissions must be postmarked by August 22nd

Is this good? Thanks to all for helping.

Last edited by ducc; 07-20-2013 at 09:18 AM. Reason: add
ducc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducc View Post
Hi all,

like rcrspur I have been thinking about getting a comc account. If someone could set up a to do & what not to do, that would be great. Here's what i gethered from reading this thread.

SEND IN :
Inserts
serial'd numbered
autos

Do not send in :
Base

Grey area:
relics

$70 Flat Rate Special

To celebrate our 7th National and our 6th anniversary, we are offering a $70 Flat Rate Special for a 660ct box.

If you donít have a 660ct box, please measure no more than 11.75″ of cards

Pretty much spot on. I would include relics in the send in category and I would include no-name refractors in the grey category. big name refractors do sell well.

If I were a first time seller, I would get a lot of about 100-150 "good" cards together and send in for 4 week processing. With the $20 off, your initial cost would be pretty low. By "good" I mean all the kinds of cards mentioned above that sell well on the site. I would then also get a 660 count box sent in to take advantage of the National special. If you can get all 660 in there, that's just under 11 cents each so a very good deal. Problem is, I filled my 660 count box with about 550 cards due to chrome being thicker. Still a good deal.

I've bought over 150 new Puckett's for the PC plus about 700 other random cards. I have maybe $300+ in my account, and maybe 600+ cards in my port. All of this from my original $200 deposit. Like others have mentioned, once you build an inventory, the sales basically pay for all your new submissions and it's a fantastic way to flip cards you don't want.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:36 AM   #29 (permalink)

This may seem obvious, but you will also notice that you typically sell more cards at a faster rate when you add more to the site. As your port gets bigger, people tend to want to look at everything so in adding 450+ cards to the site a few days back, I've already sold 30+ cards even though things started to get a little stagnant after the first submission or two. I've gotten fresh looks at items that have sat on the site for a little while so that's another plus.
LSUNatChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:40 AM   #30 (permalink)

One thing to add, don't forget about the 1 cent per month per card storage fee. After three months, any card listed at 76 cents or higher is subject to a one cent fee. I'll usually try to list new cards between $1 and $2, but around the three month mark anything unsold I'll drop to $0.75 or lower. Anything over the $2 mark, just leave as is. When they sell, it's worth the couple pennies extra it might have cost you to keep them listed a few extra months.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:44 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUNatChamps View Post
This may seem obvious, but you will also notice that you typically sell more cards at a faster rate when you add more to the site. As your port gets bigger, people tend to want to look at everything so in adding 450+ cards to the site a few days back, I've already sold 30+ cards even though things started to get a little stagnant after the first submission or two. I've gotten fresh looks at items that have sat on the site for a little while so that's another plus.
It might seem obvious, but it's completely true. I try to stagger my submissions for this very reason. Every time a new sub goes live, I get renewed interested in my entire port.

Some advice for the newbies, be patient. If you're not rolling in sales the first week, you're not doing anything wrong. The site can be very hot and cold. I've had $30 sales months and $150 sales months, with basically the same cards for sale. The larger your port, the more regular your sales will be but it's still very feast or famine sometimes.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi all,

SEND IN :
Inserts
serial'd numbered
autos

Do not send in :
Base

Grey area:
relics

$70 Flat Rate Special

If you don’t have a 660ct box, please measure no more than 11.75″ of cards

First a few of my opinions:

Most people say don’t send in base, and for the most part I agree. But I have done very well with base cards from a few obscure sets. I consistently sell base cards from 2010 & 2011 Tristar OBAK, and 1995 Topps Archives: Brooklyn Dodgers. If you have sets like these that not many people are listing, they can sell, typically $0.50 - $1.00, stars for a little more.

I have had success with inserts, serial numbered, auto’s, and relics. But I have also been sitting on the same on the site.

Not everything will sell in a timely manner; it all comes down to what the particular buyer wants, and how they feel about the price. You will see that you will get a lot of offers for ½ of your asking price. If you want to sell for that, do it, or you can counter and try to come to an agreed price. Please do NOT just list all of your cards for twice what you want. When I see these consistent outrageous prices, I avoid the seller.

As for the National Promotion:

The $70 promotion isn’t a bad promotion, but don’t waste space with thick cards. I avoid sending any patch cards and most relics in these promos.

A 660 ct. box won’t hold 660 cards, but if you do get 500 in you are looking good. The normal 1 month processing would run you (500*$.25)= $125. This promotion will save you $55 at a cost of an additional 2 weeks processing time.

*** NEW CARDS ADDED TO COMC 6/8/14 ***

Last edited by weedyalan; 07-20-2013 at 09:57 AM.
weedyalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #33 (permalink)

Sounds good .. Iv'e been looking around my house looking for a 660 count box. Measured out one seems like it measured 12 3/4 on the top. Thanks I'm going to get my sub ready.

Also should I send in high $ cards. I have probably around a 100 cards valued at 100+. Do low end cards sell better or high end or they're relatively the same.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Sounds good .. Iv'e been looking around my house looking for a 660 count box. Measured out one seems like it measured 12 3/4 on the top. Thanks I'm going to get my sub ready.

Also should I send in high $ cards. I have probably around a 100 cards valued at 100+. Do low end cards sell better or high end or they're relatively the same.
Both Low and High end cards have the potential of selling. I've sold both. It's still all relative to what someone is looking for, and whether you've priced what they are looking for near what the buyer is interested in paying or not.

*** NEW CARDS ADDED TO COMC 6/8/14 ***
weedyalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #35 (permalink)

I decided to go head first into COMC last month. My package was 1,000 cards and it was a mix of high and low end. I'm sending in a 1,000 cards a week on a steady basis to build my port up. As of today, I'm listed as the #1 Hottest Cosigner on COMC for the past 30 days. These are my current stats after 8 days of going live on COMC:

tems in Inventory 2,355
Total Book Value $41,615.95
Items w/o Book Price 160
Total Asking Price $46,209.22
Total Sales $1,790.03
Items Sold 96
Items Added to the Site 2,452
My-Coolectibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by My-Coolectibles View Post
I decided to go head first into COMC last month. My package was 1,000 cards and it was a mix of high and low end. I'm sending in a 1,000 cards a week on a steady basis to build my port up. As of today, I'm listed as the #1 Hottest Cosigner on COMC for the past 30 days. These are my current stats after 8 days of going live on COMC:
I've bought a card or two from you and made offers on others. You have some nice stuff in your port!

You may want to adjust your offer-percentage, though.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeramy View Post
I've bought a card or two from you and made offers on others. You have some nice stuff in your port!

You may want to adjust your offer-percentage, though.

Some of my lower end cards I have priced at the lowest price on COMC. Some of my higher end cards, I have priced close to guide. I have minimum 70% offers. I've noticed though that even though I have some of the lowest prices, I still get low offers.
My-Coolectibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug46n2 View Post
Pretty much spot on. I would include relics in the send in category and I would include no-name refractors in the grey category. big name refractors do sell well.

If I were a first time seller, I would get a lot of about 100-150 "good" cards together and send in for 4 week processing. With the $20 off, your initial cost would be pretty low. By "good" I mean all the kinds of cards mentioned above that sell well on the site. I would then also get a 660 count box sent in to take advantage of the National special. If you can get all 660 in there, that's just under 11 cents each so a very good deal. Problem is, I filled my 660 count box with about 550 cards due to chrome being thicker. Still a good deal.

I've bought over 150 new Puckett's for the PC plus about 700 other random cards. I have maybe $300+ in my account, and maybe 600+ cards in my port. All of this from my original $200 deposit. Like others have mentioned, once you build an inventory, the sales basically pay for all your new submissions and it's a fantastic way to flip cards you don't want.
I didn't see anyone address this.I'd say hockey and baseball sell the best.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
I didn't see anyone address this.I'd say hockey and baseball sell the best.
Cool.. I just packed up a 660 box, mainly hockey and baseball. Thanks to everyone for thier help. Look for me on comc in the near future.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakesidez View Post
I love it, for me I have no way of dumping my $0.25 - $15 cards. Granted I price stuff super cheap on COMC but for me getting something is better than just throwing my cards away (which is what I do with junk base).

I have also used it a ton to finish off sets which the site is fantastic for.
same exact boat. I have a few cards bought on there but haven't had shipped yet. Mostly they are Nolan Ryan/cal ripken oddballs and some upper deck checklists and Idols from 91-93, but am getting ready to send the 400-500 .50-1.00 inserts/autos/ref.s I have. (I too price cheap. Good home and all that.)
timelovesahero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:32 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:

Utilize the special for your low-end stuff. Submit the high-end stuff separately so you can take advantage of The Vault. I think if you get those to them by the 24th, they will take them to the National. Although you may only want to send a few to try it out at first.

Auto accepting 20% off at COMC.
GoBeavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #42 (permalink)

Wanted to add onto this instead of start a new thread...

I haven't sent anything in yet, but I see a new hotlist should come out tomorrow...

Even if I just have 20 cards for the hotlist should I send them in just to get started?
stera8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stera8 View Post
Wanted to add onto this instead of start a new thread...

I haven't sent anything in yet, but I see a new hotlist should come out tomorrow...

Even if I just have 20 cards for the hotlist should I send them in just to get started?
Sure. Or add some money and start buying some stuff you expect to go up.

People have been raiding my Pedroia and Yelich stashes in the last two days. That is why I love COMC. Added these cards or bought them months ago... set a price that was higher than the current market, did nothing, and now... profit.

Still have some of these guys left, but the profit on the ones that have sold is already higher than what I paid for the ones I have left.

COMC is great.
phabphour20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:13 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phabphour20 View Post

People have been raiding my Pedroia and Yelich stashes in the last two days. That is why I love COMC. Added these cards or bought them months ago... set a price that was higher than the current market, did nothing, and now... profit.

Still have some of these guys left, but the profit on the ones that have sold is already higher than what I paid for the ones I have left.

COMC is great.
Including the National special, I've got about 700 cards to be added in the next 6 weeks. Hope to see some of the same type of progress.

I have a shipment arriving today. I took a gamble that Goodwin Champions would be on the hot list starting today. That would mean I'm probably the only guy with 2013 Goodwin on the site for 24-48 hours. Hope that works out for me.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:36 PM   #45 (permalink)

I like flipping a bunch of lower end things for a few nicer cards. Even if I have to slightly overpay...

Although... The auto-decline feature on cards that are priced 150-200% over market, can make dealing impossible. I've seen plenty mid-high end card I like, but simply can't make a realistic offer because of this.
gr33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:41 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr33d View Post
I like flipping a bunch of lower end things for a few nicer cards. Even if I have to slightly overpay...

Although... The auto-decline feature on cards that are priced 150-200% over market, can make dealing impossible. I've seen plenty mid-high end card I like, but simply can't make a realistic offer because of this.
Yeah, it happens. I just ignore those... or sometimes if it is something I don't see very often I just bite the bullet and overpay.

For example... I just bought a Pedro Martinez 2001 Donruss Elite Passing the Torch Auto /100 for $142.50. I have no idea how much I overpaid, but I'm pretty sure I did. I almost never see Pedro on-card autos in a Red Sox uni, so I pulled the trigger anyway. It is a nice way to cash out without the fees.
phabphour20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #47 (permalink)

Anyone know if you can use your first time coupon with the national special or is it better to just send a smaller box with the $20 special and another with the national special?
marauder03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marauder03 View Post
Anyone know if you can use your first time coupon with the national special or is it better to just send a smaller box with the $20 special and another with the national special?
Not sure if you can use the coupon on the National special, but I would advise against it since it's already a special. Since there's really not a great way to pack a 660-ct box where you aren't wasting additional space inside your shipping box, I would just go ahead and send in some other cards for one-week or one-month processing. You can send in multiple processing types in one shipment ... just make sure you specify what is what (e.g. separate cardboard boxes) within your shipment.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marauder03 View Post
I sent my first batch in during last year's National promo. Didn't have a coupon but emailed them and they knocked it off. Cost me $35 (instead of $55) for 388 cards - it was a 550ct box last year but I'm sending from Europe so have to take shipping costs into consideration more than you guys and I'm prepared to send the thicker cards.

They'll be receiving my second batch some time next month!
VeedonFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:15 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phabphour20 View Post

COMC is great.
How do you flip? Do you need to get the card and then send it back in ? Every time I go to add a card...just to test it out it gives me shipping options
stera8 is online now   Reply With Quote