Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 05:56 PM   #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phabphour20 View Post
My pleasure. The more users the site has the better it is for me
Yup. As soon as I get rolling Ill buy some of your cards haha
phillies347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:58 PM   #127 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies347 View Post
Yup. As soon as I get rolling Ill buy some of your cards haha
There are approximately 2200 for you to choose from
phabphour20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:59 PM   #128 (permalink)

Quote:
When you list it for $0.21, it will show up as $0.46 to a buyer who hasn't switched their view mode.
Thanks. This makes sense. I'm glad I don't need to figure in the shipping when I list every card.
gopherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:56 PM   #129 (permalink)

All right. I have a 660 count full of Topps Chrome Refractors from 1996 to present including color. I printed the submission form and a buddy is going to drop it at the National for me. I just need to figure out how to add my COMC account info to the left. Alonf with a picture. Hopefully as good at Natbornkiller's pictures.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:16 PM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherfan View Post
All right. I have a 660 count full of Topps Chrome Refractors from 1996 to present including color. I printed the submission form and a buddy is going to drop it at the National for me. I just need to figure out how to add my COMC account info to the left. Alonf with a picture. Hopefully as good at Natbornkiller's pictures.
Hit User CP > Edit avatar (on left) to add a picture

Hit Your username > View Profile > Edit Profile to add your comc account to the left
phillies347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:59 PM   #131 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdbaseballcards View Post
I sent in a batch of 80 cards with the $20 coupon, so I only spent money on the shipping costs. I hope to raise $70 in my account, so I can take advantage of the $70 special. My first batch went live Friday and I priced everything out that night. I have sold 5 cards so far, not sure if that's good or bad. I priced everything at the lowest at the time. Hopefully some more cards will move. (Link is in my profile for those looking for some cards to flip). I haven't setup my auto-accept yet as I'm not sure what percentage I want it at. Plus I'm still debating the Amazon aspect as there are many pros and cons to it that I have read about. So far no complaints. It's been pretty easy. The waiting aspect is probably the most difficult thing for your first batch. Just don't keep checking to see the % as it will stay low until the very last day.
I hear you there, tdbaseballcards. I got really excited because I got two offers within the first hour of me pricing everything two Thursday's ago and aside from one other offer and one person buying an auto outright, it's been pretty slim pickings. But, oh well. From what I can tell with everyone's posts throughout the site that it's almost a feast or famine situation, I guess. Still a ton of fun, though!
NCinCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:11 AM   #132 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCinCT View Post
I hear you there, tdbaseballcards. I got really excited because I got two offers within the first hour of me pricing everything two Thursday's ago and aside from one other offer and one person buying an auto outright, it's been pretty slim pickings. But, oh well. From what I can tell with everyone's posts throughout the site that it's almost a feast or famine situation, I guess. Still a ton of fun, though!
From what I've seen baseball and hockey sell the best.Which you don't have a lot of.also I think your stuff is priced too high.IMO
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:22 AM   #133 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
From what I've seen baseball and hockey sell the best.Which you don't have a lot of.also I think your stuff is priced too high.IMO
Thanks, chezball, for the advice and for looking at my lot. I will be sending in more baseball and hockey for the National Special (as well as basketball and football). This is really my first crack at trying to sell some of my collection, so the pricing may take a while for me to get more of an idea (especially for things that have not been listed). I was hoping that using the "make an offer" option would be clicked more often and there would be some negotiating (1 for 3 so far on that).
NCinCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:53 AM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies347 View Post
Hit User CP > Edit avatar (on left) to add a picture

Hit Your username > View Profile > Edit Profile to add your comc account to the left
Thanks. I'll do it when I get home form work.

Rob A.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:50 AM   #135 (permalink)

Update...

sent in my 660 count and a couple of graded cards. When they arrived I was hit with a $180 bill!!! Yikes.... Contacted customer service, they said their manager was out and they would get the error corrected. 2 days later the account was updated to $55.
Yes.. Comc on the way.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:23 AM   #136 (permalink)

I've been looking into going the COMC route to sell off a ton of items that I have just sitting around.

With the grading option through BGS. Does anyone know what the turn around time for that is and how much that grading fee actually is?

Is is cheaper to go through COMC or send them in myself?
Collecting MATT BARKLEY. Primarily 2013 Bowman Chrome Autographs. If you have any you would like to sell or trade, send me an e-mail @ eric_lattea@yahoo.com.*************LOOKING FOR MATT BARKLEYS 2013 BOWMAN CHROME SUPERFRACTOR AUTO TO COMPLETE MY RAINBOW!***********
Tealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:13 AM   #137 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealy View Post
I've been looking into going the COMC route to sell off a ton of items that I have just sitting around.

With the grading option through BGS. Does anyone know what the turn around time for that is and how much that grading fee actually is?

either one week or a month for turn around time.

The price is about the same going through COMC versus sending them in yourself once you take into account fees, shipping, insurance. Etc. I calculated it out myself when they first announced it.

Last edited by CardMonopoly; 07-31-2013 at 05:17 AM.
CardMonopoly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:10 AM   #138 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealy View Post

Price is similar but turnaround is slow. Takes about a month and a half depending on when you submit them for grading in the month. I have used the service and was happy, but there will be a sizable wait.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:29 AM   #139 (permalink)

Quote:
Price is similar but turnaround is slow. Takes about a month and a half depending on when you submit them for grading in the month. I have used the service and was happy, but there will be a sizable wait.
Also, they currently have no custom options available, such as setting a minimum grade.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:41 AM   #140 (permalink)

quick question. Im considering opening a sellers account as well but i will be another noob lol. Can you send in multiple sports in one shipment (say one 400 count box)?
thajknott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:42 AM   #141 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thajknott View Post
quick question. Im considering opening a sellers account as well but i will be another noob lol. Can you send in multiple sports in one shipment (say one 400 count box)?
Yes. Mix and match as you see fit.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:48 AM   #142 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes. Mix and match as you see fit.
I was wondering how they efficiently identify and process mixed batches...

Let's take a ridiculous example: If you send in 400 cards, over 5 different products, 5 different years, and 4 different sports, all shuffled together, do they actually have a person who looks at each individual card to identify its product, player, parallel?

Or do they actually have some automated system that's smart enough to tell what the card is from the scan, and automatically label it, all done by software?
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:50 AM   #143 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
I was wondering how they efficiently identify and process mixed batches...

Let's take a ridiculous example: If you send in 400 cards, over 5 different products, 5 different years, and 4 different sports, all shuffled together, do they actually have a person who looks at each individual card to identify its product, player, parallel?

Or do they actually have some automated system that's smart enough to tell what the card is from the scan, and automatically label it, all done by software?
I'm assuming they do it by hand. I sent in 700 cards once that was all mixed sports, modern and vintage, and also included some non-sport and gaming cards. Everything was scanned and updated correctly except one Posey RC that they missed the Opening Day stamp on. Pretty impressive.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:53 AM   #144 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm assuming they do it by hand. I sent in 700 cards once that was all mixed sports, modern and vintage, and also included some non-sport and gaming cards. Everything was scanned and updated correctly except one Posey RC that they missed the Opening Day stamp on. Pretty impressive.
sweet, that was my next question. wondering if i had to sort them myself any kind of way. thanks.

whats they best way yall ship big batches? This will be my first shipment so i might just send in a single 400 count box first.

Does everything you send in have to be in a penny sleeve? Obviously they will be well packaged and protected but just curious if all has to be in a penny sleeve.
thajknott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:10 PM   #145 (permalink)

Quote:
That's crazy (in an impressive way).

Pattern recognition software has come far enough ahead that they could probably use it to automatically determine what a card is with fairly high accuracy.

If they're not using such software today, it certainly should be the future of their business. Stick 700 cards in a loading device, press a button. The cards get scanned, then identified by pattern recognition software. A person just then makes a quick look through the cards looking for damage and manually makes notes as needed.
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:17 PM   #146 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thajknott View Post
sweet, that was my next question. wondering if i had to sort them myself any kind of way. thanks.

whats they best way yall ship big batches? This will be my first shipment so i might just send in a single 400 count box first.

Does everything you send in have to be in a penny sleeve? Obviously they will be well packaged and protected but just curious if all has to be in a penny sleeve.
No, you don't need to sleeve everything. I do anyway.
VeedonFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:45 PM   #147 (permalink)

If I'm putting all my cards in a 400 count box, do I need to separate the thick(oversize) cards from the cards that are normal or will they go through and do that for me?
wphill02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:51 PM   #148 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wphill02 View Post
If I'm putting all my cards in a 400 count box, do I need to separate the thick(oversize) cards from the cards that are normal or will they go through and do that for me?
they'll do that for you. just send them your cards. It's really not that complicated at all. it's an easy process. not scary. don't worry.

instructions and FAQs are on their website.
Selling Your Cards on This Site - COMC
CardMonopoly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:55 PM   #149 (permalink)

Okay, just wasn't sure since it's a different fee. Thanks.
wphill02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:06 PM   #150 (permalink)

You can send all the cards (thick, thin) in one package and they will sort them. They will take out the initial fee once they receive the package and if there is any difference, they will deduct the fee once everything is scanned.
My-Coolectibles is offline   Reply With Quote