Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 09:40 AM   #201 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeramy View Post
One of the ways I take money off the site is buying high end cards and then selling on eBay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phabphour20 View Post
As I have said 1000 times before on here. It is incredibly easy to find a few high value cards selling for ~10% below eBay. You can buy them, get them shipped to you and then sell them on eBay or the forums. I have actually MADE money cashing out this way on the vast majority of my transactions.
Thief! :-)
Old 08-29-2013, 05:37 AM   #202 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc80man View Post
I get the 10%, but I am comparing apples to apples, take the same 100 cards and put them on EBAY as a lot or on COMC. I will have the same amount of money as you in 3 days and it took me 5 minutes to take one picture. You have to wait 90 days, 30 days to even list and then forever to sell 100 cheap cards. I loved COMC, until I realized I could take that same box of cards I was sending to COMC and put it out as 1 lot on eBAY or here and get the same amount and not waste time. I had around 300 cards left worth around $3,000 and they had been out to long, so I put a port sale and couldnt get offers higher than $225, so I bit the bullet and had them shipped back to me and sold them on EBAY for $339.
He sort of has a point. If you need your money fast comc is not the place for you. I've sold 1000 card lots on ebay and singles. Lots don't sell as high and singles take far too much time. I would just send in stuff to comc during specials and send in things I would not considers listing on ebay. Any very low end or high end I would not send in to comc, only mid and maybe 1-3 very high end cards.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:08 AM   #203 (permalink)

If only COMC fees are lowered...it will be an AWESOME site, right now it's a GOOD site

70K Cards !!! Selling all my stuff in COMC, ANY OFFERS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
Lots of High-end cards: Basketball, Football, Baseball, Hockey, etc
coolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:14 AM   #204 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducc View Post
He sort of has a point. If you need your money fast comc is not the place for you. I've sold 1000 card lots on ebay and singles. Lots don't sell as high and singles take far too much time. I would just send in stuff to comc during specials and send in things I would not considers listing on ebay. Any very low end or high end I would not send in to comc, only mid and maybe 1-3 very high end cards.
Sure. I would not recommend sending every card you own there, for sure. You need to be smart about it.

I have an 8-6 job every day and a wife and two kids at home. I also have a bad problem with wax. Combine those two and COMC becomes the PERFECT outlet for me... parallels, crappy relics, low-end autos... just toss them in a box and send them off. The old sales pay for the new submission, some PC cards and the occasional high-end cashout card.

It is perfect for me. But not everyone has the same situation as me.
phabphour20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #205 (permalink)

I just sent in my first 100 card submission. Have also had a couple of sales just from flipping cards on there, not making a killing that way but it is entertaining.
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:21 PM   #206 (permalink)

Quote:
Sure. I would not recommend sending every card you own there, for sure. You need to be smart about it.

I have an 8-6 job every day and a wife and two kids at home. I also have a bad problem with wax. Combine those two and COMC becomes the PERFECT outlet for me... parallels, crappy relics, low-end autos... just toss them in a box and send them off. The old sales pay for the new submission, some PC cards and the occasional high-end cashout card.

It is perfect for me. But not everyone has the same situation as me.
This x10!!
Old 08-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #207 (permalink)

I have contemplated opening an account.. I am Canadian, and there is a huge customer base that does not want to deal with the hassle of cross border shipping. Not only would american buyers purchase from me, I wouldnt even have to deal with it!

Lastly a quick question. I saw someone mention flipping. Is it possible to buy a card and not have it shipped... simply placed from the buyers account into your COMC account
I ship all my cards from my COMC account. It usually takes 3-5 business days for them to process before they ship. This means that it may take around 2 weeks for you to get your item. This is out of my control. If this is an issue for you, please do not agree to a deal.
shortstopguy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #208 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstopguy12 View Post
I have contemplated opening an account.. I am Canadian, and there is a huge customer base that does not want to deal with the hassle of cross border shipping. Not only would american buyers purchase from me, I wouldnt even have to deal with it!

Lastly a quick question. I saw someone mention flipping. Is it possible to buy a card and not have it shipped... simply placed from the buyers account into your COMC account
Yes. Many people on the site only do this.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:56 PM   #209 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
You need to make your account and get going. It will only reap benefits for you.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #210 (permalink)

Quote:

Hey there! Did you know we have a Canadian office? You can ship your cards to us and not have to deal with customs. We handle all of that for you.

Our address in Canada is:
COMC Consignment
4311 Canada Way
Burnaby BC V5G 1J3

And, yes...flipping is a big part of COMC; lots of people buy cards on our site for the sole purpose of selling them via their account. The card never leaves the warehouse, it just get transferred to your port.

I hope this helps...thanks!
Old 08-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #211 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeCOMC View Post
Hey there! Did you know we have a Canadian office? You can ship your cards to us and not have to deal with customs. We handle all of that for you.

Our address in Canada is:
COMC Consignment
4311 Canada Way
Burnaby BC V5G 1J3

And, yes...flipping is a big part of COMC; lots of people buy cards on our site for the sole purpose of selling them via their account. The card never leaves the warehouse, it just get transferred to your port.

I hope this helps...thanks!
Moe just curious the cards that are in your COMC account are they actually yours or are they the cards the COMC buys from people for various reasons? Nice collection
Old 08-29-2013, 02:16 PM   #212 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trogdor View Post
Moe just curious the cards that are in your COMC account are they actually yours or are they the cards the COMC buys from people for various reasons? Nice collection
Hey thanks! I'm a huge hockey fan, too...having grown up in Newfoundland, it just comes natural... ;-)

To answer your question, the cards you send us still belong to you until they are bought by someone else. We're strictly a consignment service, i.e., we process your cards, store them in our warehouse, and provide shipping services when they are purchased.

As a seller, you're responsible for the initial processing fees when the cards are first received by us, as well as any storage fees that may incur. You also get to set your prices, since they're your cards. The card buyers are responsible for any shipping fees, so you don't have to worry about that.

With our office in Burnaby, you don't have to worry about sending your cards across the border, having to deal with US custom, etc, etc...

And, if for any reason, you decide you want some of your cards back, all you need to do is mark them for return via your Inventory Manager screen on COMC.com. And, we'll send them on back to you.

If you ever have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
Old 08-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #213 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeCOMC View Post
Hey thanks! I'm a huge hockey fan, too...having grown up in Newfoundland, it just comes natural... ;-)

To answer your question, the cards you send us still belong to you until they are bought by someone else. We're strictly a consignment service, i.e., we process your cards, store them in our warehouse, and provide shipping services when they are purchased.

As a seller, you're responsible for the initial processing fees when the cards are first received by us, as well as any storage fees that may incur. You also get to set your prices, since they're your cards. The card buyers are responsible for any shipping fees, so you don't have to worry about that.

With our office in Burnaby, you don't have to worry about sending your cards across the border, having to deal with US custom, etc, etc...

And, if for any reason, you decide you want some of your cards back, all you need to do is mark them for return via your Inventory Manager screen on COMC.com. And, we'll send them on back to you.

If you ever have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
I think he was asking about YOU personally Moe.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #214 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes. Many people on the site only do this.
I have been doing that while I wait for my submissions to start hitting and have made a few bucks in the processs.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:25 PM   #215 (permalink)

Quote:
I think he was asking about YOU personally Moe.
oh? oh yea, those are all mine...I've been collecting since I was a kid - I even had my own card shop for a short time. I'm slowly getting my bulk cards on the website, one shoebox at a time ;-)
Old 09-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #216 (permalink)

What's the best to build an inventory from scratch?

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/illini99
Illini99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #217 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illini99 View Post
Group breaks.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #218 (permalink)

Quote:
Breaks or buy a Port sale on COMC. Look for a port with cards you are familiar with / like to collect & manage. The Port sales can have good value.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #219 (permalink)

Quote:
I have been buying a lot of cheap cards and immediatly relisting them for a small profit. While waiting for my first submission. Second sub is going in Tuesday or Wednesday.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:28 PM   #220 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
I have been buying a lot of cheap cards and immediatly relisting them for a small profit. While waiting for my first submission. Second sub is going in Tuesday or Wednesday.
Ive been doing the same thing. I put $60 in and just bought cheap cards to flip.
phillies347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #221 (permalink)

Quote:
I only put in $10 or $20 dollars on at a time so I've been doing it slowly by scratch. If you want to build a port quickly, buying out other ports is the quickest way. Id have a lot more but at the begining of the year I started a Browns PC by going only for singles. I spend enough $$$ on baseball wax that I dont want to start that with football too. I use and have gotten more out of the site sense I started the PC and my flipping pays for most of it. Now I use advanced reselling mode and would prefer to pay the $0.25 per card out the door in case I change my mind on an item. I also put my PC items back for sale but at a larger then ebay price so if it sells I have more $$$ for more PC items or it sits until I ship it home.
rtcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #222 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
buy a port or 2, theres good money in it if you don't mind waiting a while to get your return back.....
Old 09-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #223 (permalink)

I have read through this thread, and am really enjoying COMC as a buyer. I am going to try my hand at selling, but have a question. When you go through the shipping wizard, must you purchase enough store credit for your shipment before you send it, or what is the timeline for that? I just want to make sure I have enough in there so there isn't a delay in processing. Thanks everyone!
LGBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #224 (permalink)

How do you buy a port??? I'm searching the site but can't find it
I ship all my cards from my COMC account. It usually takes 3-5 business days for them to process before they ship. This means that it may take around 2 weeks for you to get your item. This is out of my control. If this is an issue for you, please do not agree to a deal.
shortstopguy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #225 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGBuffalo View Post
I have read through this thread, and am really enjoying COMC as a buyer. I am going to try my hand at selling, but have a question. When you go through the shipping wizard, must you purchase enough store credit for your shipment before you send it, or what is the timeline for that? I just want to make sure I have enough in there so there isn't a delay in processing. Thanks everyone!
Hi! Moe here...you can avoid any delays in processing by having enough store credit in your account before your cards arrive at our office. If you don't have sufficient credit, we'll send you an email to let you know we've received your cards and we'll hold them until you deposit enough credit to cover the processing costs.

Thanks for the question! Have a great day!