Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #51 (permalink)
Banned

What happened to the COMC i signed up for 3 years ago, Comc just it 1,000,000 cards on the site...

i thought i come back to a better,faster and with more sales...
h4auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #52 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Last edited by TSJCT; 06-17-2013 at 08:31 PM.
TSJCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #53 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to yazevans

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSJCT View Post
Did you see the scan of Returns??? I would say they are not all damaged, Lost, or Different and if they are then someone is doing a crappy job of shipping. Once they charge me the .25 cents per listing and do their grading thing it should be good to go. If they want to take returns then COMC needs a Port to sell out of for all the returns they take back. But COMC is going the wrong direction and protecting Buyers over Sellers.
The whole discussion in this thread was you and h4auto were assuming that COMC would hold us responsible for returns due to damage that happened during shipping to the buyer (whether honest or attempting a scam), or swapping out the card, and the new policy states that we will not be held responsible for that.

As far as the general return policy, every major online retailer has a similar return policy. I can return stuff to Amazon for no reason. COMC needs to have a similar policy to be taken seriously by buyers.

Here's a scenario based on your suggestion...what if a buyer returns a card and keeps it in their own "returns" port, the player gets hot, and COMC makes bank off of that card? Would you be happy in that situation, or would you rather the card had been returned to your port?
Old 06-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Did you see the scan of Returns??? I would say they are not all damaged, Lost, or Different and if they are then someone is doing a crappy job of shipping. Once they charge me the .25 cents per listing and do their grading thing it should be good to go. If they want to take returns then COMC needs a Port to sell out of for all the returns they take back. But COMC is going the wrong direction and protecting Buyers over Sellers.
correct!

any card (once posted) on COMC should actually "belong" to COMC. as a seller, we are paying them to list and "sell" the card for us. but by posting "our" card, COMC is (in effect) assuming responsibilty for that card. if they deem a card worthy of posting, that should be the end of it. if the card is damaged, it should not be posted, and returned to the seller
glen87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:14 PM   #55 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazevans View Post
The whole discussion in this thread was you and h4auto were assuming that COMC would hold us responsible for returns due to damage that happened during shipping to the buyers (whether honest or attempting a scam), and the new policy states that we will not be held responsible for that.

As far as the general return policy, every major online retailer has a similar return policy. I can return stuff to Amazon for no reason. COMC needs to have a similar policy to be taken seriously by buyers.

Here's a scenario based on your suggestion...what if a buyer returns a card and keeps it in their own "returns" port, the player gets hot, and COMC makes bank off of that card? Would you be happy in that situation, or would you rather the card had been returned to your port?
Once a Card sales its final in my book. What if i sold a Bryce Harper Auto on Monday and he has a career ending injury on Tuesday. I am supposed to take the card back??
Old 06-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #56 (permalink)

I think its pretty safe to say that you are not going anywhjere ...Haven't we been down this road before
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:17 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Once a Card sales its final in my book. What if i sold a Bryce Harper Auto on Monday and he has a career ending injury on Tuesday. I am supposed to take the card back??
Yes, unless it was damaged/lost in shipping or swapped out by the buyer for an inferior copy of the card. It's your card.

Returns are part of doing business, they happen a small percentage of the time in any business where money is exchanged for goods.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:19 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
I think its pretty safe to say that you are not going anywhjere ...Haven't we been down this road before
He has his own complaint line at COMC...the hold music is a tiny violin.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:

This is so laughingly stupid. As far as I was concerned I would have sold the item in question for a price that I was happy with. I don't care if you, COMC or the Pope made money on it after that happens. Go back and look through my post history. I have been one of COMC's biggest fans and cheerleaders. I don't criticize lightly and even doing so is costing me potential sales by scaring buyers away. But I am genuinely concerned.

This Ebay model of the customer is always right is wrong. There isn't one single legitimate reason to return something from COMC. It was inspected by a neutral party and awesome scans were provided. What the hell happened to personal responsibility. Why do so many people feel that it is ok to screw others? That is what these policies promote.

I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #60 (permalink)

Trust me Tsjct and jmscoggin are not leaving and COMC is fully aware that they are not.But I'm sure its humerous talk at the water cooler.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #61 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Trust me Tsjct and jmscoggin are not leaving and COMC is fully aware that they are not.But I'm sure its humerous talk at the water cooler.
I am waiting on a freight quote now. I told them i would fly and rent a car to get them back if the fright quote was Stupid high. If you would like to make a friendly wager i am game but dont let your Mouth write a check your butt can not cover.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't kid myself that COMC gives two squirts about me or whether I stay or not. Take a look at the blog post and comments though as well as most in this thread. I am far from out here alone. These policies will kill COMC be it today or not far down the road. They exist because they were the anti Ebay but for some reason they want to copy the very business whose bad policies brought about their success. Real smart.

I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".
Old 06-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #63 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Yes, unless it was damaged/lost in shipping or swapped out by the buyer for an inferior copy of the card. It's your card.

Returns are part of doing business, they happen a small percentage of the time in any business where money is exchanged for goods.
BUT..... You are talking about USED items.. Not NEW items.

Also, COMC takes the item in ITS POSSESSION and scans,handles and stores the card. WE PAY for that service.

Another thing. Cards gets "FLIPPED" multiple times. If Amazon and comc forces the seller to take the card BACK, can that seller ask that the card be given back the his "SELLER" , and so forth to the original owner??????

IDK... there are too many "IFS"... but the only thing I AM WORRIED ABOUT is sending in more expensive cards now. too many "ifs" are against the owner that the owner cannot control ---> COMC's handling and packing, USPS delivery service, etc... too many people in a long chain of events for expensive items with only one person taking the lose ----> the seller...
Old 06-17-2013, 07:31 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
I am waiting on a freight quote now. I told them i would fly and rent a car to get them back if the fright quote was Stupid high. If you would like to make a friendly wager i am game but dont let your Mouth write a check your butt can not cover.
Is it double or nothing from 2 weeks ago.....and as for ridiculing a guy who has 457 cards in his port.,Anyone can have 800k in a port I have that in the backroom of my store
Old 06-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #65 (permalink)

Old 06-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4auto View Post
Another thing. Cards gets "FLIPPED" multiple times. If Amazon and comc forces the seller to take the card BACK, can that seller ask that the card be given back the his "SELLER" , and so forth to the original owner??????
good point, had not even thought of that one. i have several cards which i have recently purchased, marked "not for sale" on the site, and are sitting there ready to be shipped. can i simply "return" them now without going through the hassle of having them mailed to me and then me having to ship them back???
Old 06-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen87 View Post
good point, had not even thought of that one. i have several cards which i have recently purchased, marked "not for sale" on the site, and are sitting there ready to be shipped. can i simply "return" them now without going through the hassle of having them mailed to me and then me having to ship them back???
It would seem so.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #68 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen87 View Post
So basically even a "flipper" can buy a card. posted in his port for a few days... and inspect the scan and say, "HEY, that piece of dust looks like a scratch" can i return it and get a refund.... that is opening a can or worms ... yikes.

Imagine the big sellers, they could buy all the Expensive HOT cards and try to sell them for a few days and return them if they dont sell..... ouch...

I just quit the car business, i hope the CARD business doesnt have consumers signing "AS IS" contracts when buying used cards...shsss
Old 06-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #69 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Is it double or nothing from 2 weeks ago.....and as for ridiculing a guy who has 457 cards in his port.,Anyone can have 800k in a port I have that in the backroom of my store

Last edited by TSJCT; 06-17-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #70 (permalink)

The policy specifically says "14 days from when the item ships," so that would imply that you have to take delivery of the item before returning it, but COMC should probably clarify that.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
The policy specifically says "14 days from when the item ships," so that would imply that you have to take delivery of the item before returning it, but COMC should probably clarify that.
Wouldn't it just be a technicality? So they force delivery and buyer returns it at that time.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Get back to work!! And get that Price quote for me. I have been waiting since 10AM to get it. Go tell TIM i am waiting. Thanks!
I already flew home for the evening.But i will tell him when I arrive tomorrow after my 5 hour flight
Old 06-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
Wouldn't it just be a technicality? So they force delivery and buyer returns it at that time.
Hard to say the way it's worded...they should definitely clarify that part of the policy.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:30 PM   #74 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Old 06-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
just an observation, but can't the same thing happen on ebay?
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote