Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 08:02 PM   #51 (permalink)

I stick up for Comc alot but I do do agree that they make changes that make me scratch my head...and I do believe they make changes just for sake of change....The new site is awful compared to the old one and almost everyone agrees with that. Even though this probably doesn't mean much why in gods name would you change from a clever name checkoutmycards.com to COM CEE.com Before the name change I would tell customers about it they would say ok I will check it out, now when I tell them COM CEE they say what, huh and by the time they get home I am sure they forgot....Also the grading of vintage cards was a total bust.
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #52 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to yazevans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
I stick up for Comc alot but I do do agree that they make changes that make me scratch my head...and I do believe they make changes just for sake of change....The new site is awful compared to the old one and almost everyone agrees with that. Even though this probably doesn't mean much why in gods name would you change from a clever name checkoutmycards.com to COM CEE.com Before the name change I would tell customers about it they would say ok I will check it out, now when I tell them COM CEE they say what, huh and by the time they get home I am sure they forgot....Also the grading of vintage cards was a total bust.
That is a weird one...I got a call from their customer service a while back and the guy said Hi I'm (blabla) from COM CEE.com and I almost hung up because I thought it was a telemarketer. I can;t believe they pronounce it like that
Old 06-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
It was done in an effort to branch out. They wanted to do more than cards. Now they are Check Out My Collectibles, COMC. I don't spite them for that but agree with everything else that you said including the new site. I can't put my finger on why but I like the old one hands down better.

I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".
jmscoggin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:54 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
It was done in an effort to branch out. They wanted to do more than cards. Now they are Check Out My Collectibles, COMC. I don't spite them for that but agree with everything else that you said including the new site. I can't put my finger on why but I like the old one hands down better.
Yea but a clever name is important even checkoutmystuff or something of like that...Whatever not a big deal....Another bad change getting rid of the classified and auto accepts. That one makes no sense to me . I dont even bother looking in the promotion page.
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:08 AM   #55 (permalink)

This is similar to the way things are done on a comic book site called "Comic Collector Live". You can see the highest price a comic ever sold for, the lowest price that comic ever sold for, and the number of that comic which has been sold. On that site, users get software they load on their computer to make lists of items that they own, want, and are willing to sell.

In addition to the sales history, you can also see how many people have the item in their wish list. All of this makes it possible to figure out how likely you are to be able to sell that particular item on the site (or in any venue for that matter).

As an example, you can see:

Pricing and Appraisal for Amazing Spider-Man 252 A, May 1984 Comic Book by Marvel

"Market Summary
Amazing Spider-Man (1963) 252-A has sold as high as $80.00 in Near Mint condition and as low as $1.00 in Very Good condition. These values are based on the 79 copies that have been sold on ComicCollectorLive.com.
Amazing Spider-Man (1963) 252-A has a high price listing of $54.95 in Very Fine condition and low price listing of $25.00 in Very Fine + condition. These values are based on the 2 copies that are listed for sale on ComicCollectorLive.com.
Amazing Spider-Man (1963) 252-A is in 63 wish lists.
ComicCollectorLive.com calculates its market statistics, pricing, and valuation for Amazing Spider-Man (1963) 252-A by compiling the sales and listings of each book. These valuations are extrapolated based on the actual sales and listings of all Comic Book shops combined. We hope that these statistics will help collectors with the appraisal of their collections."

I do think that if COMC were to develop want list software that people could use to integrate their at-home collection with their COMC inventory, and also to see which items on their want list are for sale for which price at COMC, then the sky is the limit for COMC. Comiccollectorlive is pretty clunky, because you're still dealing with thousands of individual sellers with thousands of individual shipping policies, and the user interface is hard to navigate. But COMC could excel here, since they do so much of the work for you.

Anyway, a lot of people have been clamoring for sales data from COMC, and I think the format could be suitable to them. Just listing the highest price ever sold is an interesting idea, since it's likely to be the price that a person paid to have the item shipped for their personal collection, and other people's buying prices could be influenced by that. I could see someone deciding that they would buy any Michael Jordan, say, for 1/2 of the "highest ever price". Which would be better than a flipper deciding that they will offer 50% off asking price for a card already marked 90% off book.
checkoutmydeals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:35 AM   #56 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
This is similar to the way things are done on a comic book site called "Comic Collector Live". You can see the highest price a comic ever sold for, the lowest price that comic ever sold for, and the number of that comic which has been sold. On that site, users get software they load on their computer to make lists of items that they own, want, and are willing to sell.

In addition to the sales history, you can also see how many people have the item in their wish list. All of this makes it possible to figure out how likely you are to be able to sell that particular item on the site (or in any venue for that matter).

As an example, you can see:

Pricing and Appraisal for Amazing Spider-Man 252 A, May 1984 Comic Book by Marvel

"Market Summary
Amazing Spider-Man (1963) 252-A has sold as high as $80.00 in Near Mint condition and as low as $1.00 in Very Good condition. These values are based on the 79 copies that have been sold on ComicCollectorLive.com.
Amazing Spider-Man (1963) 252-A has a high price listing of $54.95 in Very Fine condition and low price listing of $25.00 in Very Fine + condition. These values are based on the 2 copies that are listed for sale on ComicCollectorLive.com.
Amazing Spider-Man (1963) 252-A is in 63 wish lists.
ComicCollectorLive.com calculates its market statistics, pricing, and valuation for Amazing Spider-Man (1963) 252-A by compiling the sales and listings of each book. These valuations are extrapolated based on the actual sales and listings of all Comic Book shops combined. We hope that these statistics will help collectors with the appraisal of their collections."

I do think that if COMC were to develop want list software that people could use to integrate their at-home collection with their COMC inventory, and also to see which items on their want list are for sale for which price at COMC, then the sky is the limit for COMC. Comiccollectorlive is pretty clunky, because you're still dealing with thousands of individual sellers with thousands of individual shipping policies, and the user interface is hard to navigate. But COMC could excel here, since they do so much of the work for you.

Anyway, a lot of people have been clamoring for sales data from COMC, and I think the format could be suitable to them. Just listing the highest price ever sold is an interesting idea, since it's likely to be the price that a person paid to have the item shipped for their personal collection, and other people's buying prices could be influenced by that. I could see someone deciding that they would buy any Michael Jordan, say, for 1/2 of the "highest ever price". Which would be better than a flipper deciding that they will offer 50% off asking price for a card already marked 90% off book.
That looks great. BUT a problem with comics versus Cards.. Players get : HURT, INJURED, Busted for PED's, Go on hot streaks, drop off the face of earth, ARRESTED, etc etc etc... so HISTORY is just that HISTORY, i am sure it helps if someone has 10 years of consistent play then the stats are great.

MY OPINION, is that if people really want current data that is most accurate, go to ebay and just look at the last few days of SOLD... best data.

IDK.. everyone has there own system.
h4auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #57 (permalink)

One other question I have -- is this going to coincide with finally removing book prices, or has that been permanently shelved?
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #58 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Screamer

This is EXACTLY what I want from COMC. I've been reluctant to send in 500 cards bcuz if they're not selling, then I'm wasting money having these sit on their shelves

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkM View Post
Hello Folks,

I just wanted to chime in and clarify a few things.

Allow me to explain what buyers will be able to see when purchasing. They will be able to see what the HIGHEST price the card has been sold and shipped out for was within the last 6-12 months. They will NOT be able to see the lowest price or the price that the card was purchased at.

The buyer will also be able to see the number of times that a card of this type has changed owners on the site. This is to give site users a better idea of how active the card has been on the site.

Lastly, the users will be able to see the total number of this type of card that have been sold. This will help to give our sellers a sense of how frequently this card appears on the site, and how frequently it gets shipped out.

I hope this better explains what we are working to accomplish. We are well aware of the difficulties that were created when full sales histories were provided in the past. We want our flippers to continue to have an opportunity to grow their portfolios and enjoy the joy of getting a good deal.

If you have any further questions or concerns about this topic, or some suggestions about how we can improve it, I highly encourage you to get in touch with our Customer Service department.

Regards,
Mark M.
Marketing Coordinator
comc.com
Screamer is offline   Reply With Quote