Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default international shipping - delivery confirmation or signature confirm options?

have an ebay bidder who won, i never mentioned that i would not take international bidders and he agreed to pay the cheapest postage rate, i said i would handle confirmation on my end to compensate for lack of disclaimer when i made the auction...

so what options do i have here? i 'm already taking a loss to send this product (i dont know why, when i put the invoice first class international was an option but when i try to print the postage online they only offer priority), so what do i do to make sure i dont double my loss by having this guy claim the product never arrived?

I have not sent the product yet mind you, but it is ready to be sent. I just am looking for an option to cover my ass here.
kensanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

Which country are you sending it to? You might be looking at paying an arm and a leg for confirmation? ugh...
Old 01-26-2010, 07:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

France. I charged the guy 10.76 for first class international USPS because that is what the ebay invoice said. However, the option isn't there on paypal and shows no confirmation options.. I'm gonna go into the post office today but i don't want to look like a dumbass when i go to the post office and ask for confirmation options and they say there aren't any.

but then again i dont exactly want to look like a dumbass and have this Frenchman tell me he didn't receive the package and then i have to lose double the money -_-
Old 01-26-2010, 07:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

The only true option you have that is accepted by Paypal is Express Mail. Thats going to run you around $25-30. I know some people use registered mail but you cannot track registered online and that is Paypal's requirement.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

You can track registered mail online to most European countries and Canada. That's the point of sending it registered.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zammos1 View Post
You can track registered mail online to most European countries and Canada. That's the point of sending it registered.
I dont think this is true. I think what registered mail does though, is that you can confirm whether or not the package arrives and you have to do that through a hotline.

at least that is what the post office person told me today. Ended up costing me $16.40 to send item first class international with registered mail and delivery receipt. (NOT D/C.) effectively making my profit from the auction a whopping $2.00 sigh first time international sale stupidity.

Hopefully this french guy doesn't try to pull some sleaze and say that he didn't receive the items. I cant' be bothered to hassle with something that net me $2.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:36 AM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to npbaker1

Registered mail does allow you to track as that is what I use when I send international. It is the same as DC you enter the number and can see where the package was last processed or if it has been delivered. Registered mail may also be your cheapest route for shipping as I think you can do that for about 15 bucks.
npbaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:29 AM   #8 (permalink)

It'sa trackable online and the buyer has to sign for it. Here is a confirmation # from a sale of mine from Decemebr sent registered to Canada:

RA571661898US

Not only can you check the status through the USPS site, you can also do it through canadapost.com (I'm sure other countries have a similar setup) where it shows the whole tracking history and even an image of the signature.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:37 AM   #9 (permalink)

Yup Registered mail is trackable:

RA262458264US

It costs roughly $13 depending on how heavy the package is. For cards that is. Other stuff can be super expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zammos1 View Post
It'sa trackable online and the buyer has to sign for it. Here is a confirmation # from a sale of mine from Decemebr sent registered to Canada:

RA571661898US

Not only can you check the status through the USPS site, you can also do it through canadapost.com (I'm sure other countries have a similar setup) where it shows the whole tracking history and even an image of the signature.

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:21 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
Yup Registered mail is trackable:

RA262458264US

It costs roughly $13 depending on how heavy the package is. For cards that is. Other stuff can be super expensive.
hmm this is good to know. So, should i just pass on paying the extra $2.50 for delivery receipt (which apparently is some card the receiving party signs, which gets mailed back to me)?
Old 01-28-2010, 01:36 AM   #11 (permalink)

I can tell you that I lost a Paypal claim made by an international buyer when I used registered mail as the tracking for registered mail doesnt meet the rules. It only shows it was delivered to a country unlike US delivery confirmation which gives you the city, state and zip code. Paypal rules state:

11.4 What is “Proof of Shipment”?

Online or physical documentation from a shipping company that includes all of the following:

The date the item is shipped.
The recipient’s address, showing at least the city/state or zip code (or international equivalent).
11.5 What is “Proof of Delivery”?
Online documentation from a shipping company that includes all of the following:

The date the item is delivered.
The recipient’s address, showing at least the city/state or zip code (or international equivalent).
Signature Confirmation for payments of $250 USD or more (see Foreign Currency Equivalents below).

I just wont take that chance any longer as too many international buyers know the rules and abuse them.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote