Blowout Cards Forums
Save big on officially licensed NFL fan merchandise at NFLShop.com

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 10:05 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
^^^ This guy gets it.

Sorry OP, the original post just reeks of entitlement.

Haha ... wow, that is brilliant.
Yup, I'm just an entitled ahole..............got me pegged

SPARTY ON!
msumarr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:25 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msumarr54 View Post
Yup, I'm just an entitled ahole..............got me pegged
That's not what I said at all. Not at all.

I said your OP comes across as entitled.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:58 AM   #28 (permalink)

The amazing thing is that he is usually the cheapest on a given card.

In regards to a cheap refractor, if it's the only one on the site I will price it $2.75. Prices have to be slightly higher given submission fees and monthly storage fees. Yes, there is room to negotiate. By pricing it up, we are hoping someone just buys the card. Plus, with Amazon we are possibly loosing 20% and then another 20% when cashing out. So, I most cheaper cards I will most likely will accept or counter all cards at 20% off. Pretending they sold on Amazon.
jjd1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:52 AM   #29 (permalink)

I just wanted to say thanks for this tread....it is hilarious! LMAO
Old 07-19-2013, 04:40 AM   #30 (permalink)

If 3 dollars ever becomes this important in my life I will go in the backyard and put a bullet in my head because life would no longer be worth living.......ughhhhhhhhh.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:29 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
If 3 dollars ever becomes this important in my life I will go in the backyard and put a bullet in my head because life would no longer be worth living.......ughhhhhhhhh.
Glad your back from your vacation.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #32 (permalink)

I made someone a $6 offer on a card he was asking $8 for. He raised the price on site to $14 and countered at $9.50. At least he countered - on the three occasions I've made offers to Joel SS, he's simply declined and raised the price of the card. Twice I was able to buy at a price I wanted off someone else.

Now, they're the seller's cards and they can ask what they like. I just think the raise-and-counter-above-initial-asking-price move is low.
VeedonFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:26 AM   #33 (permalink)
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeedonFleece View Post
I made someone a $6 offer on a card he was asking $8 for. He raised the price on site to $14 and countered at $9.50. At least he countered - on the three occasions I've made offers to Joel SS, he's simply declined and raised the price of the card. Twice I was able to buy at a price I wanted off someone else.

Now, they're the seller's cards and they can ask what they like. I just think the raise-and-counter-above-initial-asking-price move is low.

It is no different than someone doing that on ebay. They have a BIN listed for lowest on ebay, someone offers lower, they do some research and adjust their price more toward market price. If you want the card, buy it. If you don't, move on. If someone offers me on COMC, I'll usually check ebay to see the last sale and go from there...sometimes I have to raise my price to closer to ebay value (and I'm almost always lowest on COMC).

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/klay22/
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
3 dollars IS very important to me. That's 3 items from the dollar menu at McDonalds. Thats ALMOST 3/4 of a gallon of gas here in MI. That's a pack of hobby Opening Day. That's 3 more times I get to slip those George Washingtons into Destiny's thong. That's a Joey Harrington Patch Auto 1/1. That 3 dollars is a refreshing double deuce of Colt 45 awaiting me at my local Citgo. That $3 is for every Goonie who has ever been wronged.

NO REGRETS, THAT'S MY MOTTO........that and everybody wang chung tonight

SPARTY ON!
Old 07-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
3 dollars IS very important to me. That's 3 items from the dollar menu at McDonalds. Thats ALMOST 3/4 of a gallon of gas here in MI. That's a pack of hobby Opening Day. That's 3 more times I get to slip those George Washingtons into Destiny's thong. That's a Joey Harrington Patch Auto 1/1. That 3 dollars is a refreshing double deuce of Colt 45 awaiting me at my local Citgo. That $3 is for every Goonie who has ever been wronged.

LOL ... alright, that was good. Joey Harrington Patch Auto 1/1, hahaha.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:40 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:

Better attitude . LoL . Pay that man a dollar for a refractor . The pack costs 3 and you want or need the card . Don't make call out threads of one of the biggest seller on the sites ... who is always the the lowest priced and is very reasonable . Makes you seem petty . In my opinion . Beyond that I don't know you and you seem funny . Sooooooo good day good sirr
"Nothing in the world seems more important"
thebrokepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrokepoet View Post
Better attitude . LoL . Pay that man a dollar for a refractor . The pack costs 3 and you want or need the card . Don't make call out threads of one of the biggest seller on the sites ... who is always the the lowest priced and is very reasonable . Makes you seem petty . In my opinion . Beyond that I don't know you and you seem funny . Sooooooo good day good sirr
Better attitude??? I'm not paying the man. I'm sticking to my guns. Mark my words.....an Xfractor will come up for cheap in a couple months, I'm going to pick that bad boy up on the cheap and have one HELLUVA mail day and stick it to all you negative nancys.

SPARTY ON!
Old 07-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #38 (permalink)

I bet you dont . And of that dollar JHShow won't see 25 cents of it for shipping . Plus what ever her has into it . You really think you are his get it for less then a dollar shipped ... good luck . Starting to smell like Vinegar and Water in here ... at a show or a shop maybe, friend or donation

Old 07-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
I bet you dont . And of that dollar JHShow won't see 25 cents of it for shipping . Plus what ever her has into it . You really think you are his get it for less then a dollar shipped ... good luck . Starting to smell like Vinegar and Water in here ... at a show or a shop maybe, friend or donation

I have no idea what message your trying to convey to me by your statement above...........I also have vinegar and water.

In all seriousness, I've realized from the get go this is all over $3 dollars. I simply do not like reject and raise price approach. This is MY formed opinion. My anecdote seems to match up with other stories so I'm not changing my tune. You have your opinion. He's a big time, great seller. Some will say that about bigboyd as well. Its an internet forum....I take everyone's opinion here with a grain of salt......sorry to burst your bubble. And I expect the same. Nobody is going to see this and take a stand and not buy from the guy. I'm not trying to start a rebellion against this dude. Just don't like his practices. And I'm a stubborn ahole. I'm not going to buy from him. So if I come off as entitled and contrived, I might be......but I stick to my guns, thats for damn sure.

SPARTY ON!
Old 07-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #40 (permalink)

I must be missing something here.My first Card show was 1981 in Fullerton ,CA.I remember paying 3,00 for a Fernando Rookie.And this guy is complaining about a cheap card.Buy a case and maybe you will become your card.I dont think this guy gives a rats ass if you by his cards.For your low ball offer I wouuldnt even answer your offer.Thats why I have Auto-Accept some of us work and dont have time to worry about bad offers.I would say you have the wrong hobby when a dollar card is your only problem.
brewcrew82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #41 (permalink)

I called 911 as well ...they said to never call then about this again
Old 07-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
3 dollars IS very important to me. That's 3 items from the dollar menu at McDonalds. Thats ALMOST 3/4 of a gallon of gas here in MI. That's a pack of hobby Opening Day. That's 3 more times I get to slip those George Washingtons into Destiny's thong. That's a Joey Harrington Patch Auto 1/1. That 3 dollars is a refreshing double deuce of Colt 45 awaiting me at my local Citgo. That $3 is for every Goonie who has ever been wronged
dang brother if things are so tight you knew/know I'm a buyer of the McNabb reebok tag....
Old 07-19-2013, 11:51 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
dang brother if things are so tight you knew/know I'm a buyer of the McNabb reebok tag....
..........I guess???? Everyone is telling me I'm broke and a lowballer. Whatevs, I'm just going to roll through every cliche to get it over with:

MY COLLECTION IS BETTER THAN YOURS JUST LOOK AT MY PHOTOBUCKET
GET YOUR POST COUNT UP THEN WE CAN TALK
CHECK OUT MY ITRADER AND FEEDBACK AND SEE IF I'M A LOWBALLER
LOOKS LIKE SCHOOL IS OUT FOR THE SUMMER

God Bless
*sent from US Airways

SPARTY ON!
Old 07-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #44 (permalink)

If I find one its yours on the house ... pwe of course and I will be looking
Old 07-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
..........I guess???? Everyone is telling me I'm broke and a lowballer. Whatevs, I'm just going to roll through every cliche to get it over with:

MY COLLECTION IS BETTER THAN YOURS JUST LOOK AT MY PHOTOBUCKET
GET YOUR POST COUNT UP THEN WE CAN TALK
CHECK OUT MY ITRADER AND FEEDBACK AND SEE IF I'M A LOWBALLER
LOOKS LIKE SCHOOL IS OUT FOR THE SUMMER

God Bless
*sent from US Airways
Id say your missing the big Picture here.I would drive 8 hours to go to show.I remember a show in Modesto,Ca where I talked to Bob Feller and his wife over 2 hours long.He showed my how to throw a wicked Cuve_Ball (Throw it with A whip) in his own words.This B.S. My Collection and,and,and.Get a life man learn to enjoy the hobby.Its only a card if you think somebody should sell this card cheap because its missing in your collection.WHO Cares::::::
Old 07-19-2013, 12:11 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
If I find one its yours on the house ... pwe of course and I will be looking
You got a deal sir.....I'll even throw .97 your way. Not a penny more

SPARTY ON!
Old 07-19-2013, 12:12 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew82 View Post
Id say your missing the big Picture here.I would drive 8 hours to go to show.I remember a show in Modesto,Ca where I talked to Bob Feller and his wife over 2 hours long.He showed my how to throw a wicked Cuve_Ball (Throw it with A whip) in his own words.This B.S. My Collection and,and,and.Get a life man learn to enjoy the hobby.Its only a card if you think somebody should sell this card cheap because its missing in your collection.WHO Cares::::::
I'd say your missing the point sir.......I don't like reject and raise. All I'm getting at. A lot of this thread is me just pulling people's chains.

Don't take life too seriously.......nobody gets out alive anyways and good luck with your Feller-esque curveball

/and if you took my cliche ridden post above as truth, then god help us all there is nothing I can do

SPARTY ON!

Last edited by msumarr54; 07-19-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #48 (permalink)

I just want to confirm now that is is ok to be the lowest price, get an offer, raise the asking and counter at a higher price? That is ok with everyone....please make offers on all my cards which are the lowest on the site. I will now raise asking to match the next lowest and counter at 1/2 that.

jhs is NOT the lowest prices on many of his cards, maybe the lower end, but look at the other stuff. I challenge all of you in here to make an offer on something of his and see what happens. Please report back to prove us wrong on his practices.

Maybe now I'm getting confused by some peoples business practices or what they consider good business.

I have plenty on ebay fs and many for charity. Please make an offer or buy and I will tack on more on the invoice. my cards, my prices, 1/2 to charity anyway...wtf is in the air? is the heat hitting people that hard, more people moving to florida.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #49 (permalink)

Why dos it bother you how he sells HIS Cards.There not YOURS.You dont pay his fees,NOTHING,and you start a blog and say its all a joke .WHY ?.If you have nothing beeter to do theres Millions of homeless people that would love a hot meal.Stop collecting and start cooking....
Old 07-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew82 View Post
Why dos it bother you how he sells HIS Cards.There not YOURS.You dont pay his fees,NOTHING,and you start a blog and say its all a joke .WHY ?.If you have nothing beeter to do theres Millions of homeless people that would love a hot meal.Stop collecting and start cooking....
I didn't start a blog. I posted a thread. Informing the public of a practice I don't agree with. Now, you sir, seem very angry. I suggest grabbing an ice cold stein of beer and letting off some steam. guten tag my friend, guten tag

Thats all the german I know honestly

SPARTY ON!