Blowout Cards Forums
Hallowwen

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2014, 06:54 AM   #101 (permalink)

Watching that video makes me want to stop collecting cards. What a mega doucher. "I went to CVS today and my parents made me a chocolate cake". Wow. If you post things like this to the internet, we as a people have EVERY RIGHT to enjoy them or completely destroy everything they represent. I am so glad you got your X-fractor OP, god, what a richard.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:09 AM   #102 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauceman View Post
Watching that video makes me want to stop collecting cards. What a mega doucher. "I went to CVS today and my parents made me a chocolate cake". Wow. If you post things like this to the internet, we as a people have EVERY RIGHT to enjoy them or completely destroy everything they represent. I am so glad you got your X-fractor OP, god, what a richard.
Really? What gives you that right? Are you superior? I highly doubt it. I think that the douchers and Richards are the several people in this thread that believe they have the right to trash someone for the way they look or act. Not one of you are better than anyone else but you act as if you are. The world would be a much better place if people would accept others for who they are and not trash them to make themselves feel better.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:22 AM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino5084 View Post
Really? What gives you that right? Are you superior? I highly doubt it. I think that the douchers and Richards are the several people in this thread that believe they have the right to trash someone for the way they look or act. Not one of you are better than anyone else but you act as if you are. The world would be a much better place if people would accept others for who they are and not trash them to make themselves feel better.
Not true. Putting yourself out there in videos on the internet opens you up to criticism. How can you deny that?
Old 01-11-2014, 10:38 AM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeedonFleece View Post
JMS doesn't do promos so good luck with that!
You are correct sir. It made me smile when he posted that just for that reason. He wants things given to him which is perfectly fine as I've been known to throw out lowball offers as well. What pisses me off is that I have never and would never publically bash out of nowhere said seller. James has done it to me twice now. He may want to think twice about doing it again as I'm pretty sure I still have the pm's. I was more than accomodating. I asked what cards he was interested in, made sure each one was the absolute lowest on the site and even welcomed him to make lower offers. He came off entitled and demanding and was bad mouthing the cards. Not sure why he wanted them so bad if they were all so crappy. In any event I just let it go but he has now twice attacked me out of the blue. If there is a huge Richard in the thread I'm not sure that it is Joel.

"Fark it, I quit".
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:13 AM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Not true. Putting yourself out there in videos on the internet opens you up to criticism. How can you deny that?
Criticism is fine. That's not what is taking place hear. People are out right making fun of the man as if they had a right (as you stated) to do so.

Live and let live, it makes you a better person.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa

Last edited by marino5084; 01-11-2014 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:41 AM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Criticism is fine. That's not what is taking place hear. People are out right making fun of the man as if they had a right (as you stated) to do so.

Live and let live, it makes you a better person.
I kind of see both sides of this. Joel made the videos and put them out into the public. Once you do that you are welcoming anything that occurs. Maybe he gets mocked, maybe he makes new friends, maybe he becomes a huge Youtube star which leads to movie roles an Oscar and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The point is that Joel by what I can gather is a pretty smart guy. He chose to put this videos out and is aware of the downfalls. I have no sympathy for any comments made towrds them or hard feelings he may get from them. However, I don't feel the need to attack him personally.

Are the videos corny and self absorbed? Sure. Would I have done them? No. Is my life any more exciting than his which would have made for more entertaining videos? Probably not. Therefore I don't see how people have the "right" to make fun of him but also have a hard time criticizing them for doing it. Live and let live is certainly the higher moral ground. I wish I could say that it is always the road I take but sadly I can't.

"Fark it, I quit".
Old 01-11-2014, 11:45 AM   #107 (permalink)

I will say, honestly ... this thread has made me sad for a lot of people.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:11 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
I will say, honestly ... this thread has made me sad for a lot of people.
Calc, you can post this same thing in 99% of the threads on these boards and it would be every bit as appropriate.

"Fark it, I quit".
Old 01-11-2014, 12:42 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
I kind of see both sides of this. Joel made the videos and put them out into the public. Once you do that you are welcoming anything that occurs. Maybe he gets mocked, maybe he makes new friends, maybe he becomes a huge Youtube star which leads to movie roles an Oscar and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The point is that Joel by what I can gather is a pretty smart guy. He chose to put this videos out and is aware of the downfalls. I have no sympathy for any comments made towrds them or hard feelings he may get from them. However, I don't feel the need to attack him personally.

Are the videos corny and self absorbed? Sure. Would I have done them? No. Is my life any more exciting than his which would have made for more entertaining videos? Probably not. Therefore I don't see how people have the "right" to make fun of him but also have a hard time criticizing them for doing it. Live and let live is certainly the higher moral ground. I wish I could say that it is always the road I take but sadly I can't.
I can't say I always take that road either but I choose not to make fun of people as I am no better than the next person. It's unnecessary and can be harmful.

Thank you for taking the time to at least think about it and respond in the manner that you did.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
Old 01-11-2014, 12:47 PM   #110 (permalink)

Jeez guys....The guy got offers on his card, and responded by RAISING the price. What was his intention there? It was to be a jerk. That is what this is all about. Jerk actions will be met with jerk responses. Its a card forum, not the church of morals.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:15 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Jeez guys....The guy got offers on his card, and responded by RAISING the price. What was his intention there? It was to be a jerk. That is what this is all about. Jerk actions will be met with jerk responses. Its a card forum, not the church of morals.
I have received offers and raised prices too. It happens when you have so many cards that you can't keep up. Sometimes I have cards that have gone up in value and I didn't know so my prices are now too low. Then I get a super lowball offer on the already low price. This allows me to see that my price was low and adjust it to what it is supposed to be worth. Is that what happened with Joel? I don't know but you made a blanket statement and I only offer another possible explanation.

"Fark it, I quit".
Old 01-11-2014, 01:17 PM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Solid logic there.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:19 PM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
Calc, you can post this same thing in 99% of the threads on these boards and it would be every bit as appropriate.
Truth. I am quickly approaching the point where it no longer benefits me to have an account here.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:48 PM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
He's one of the Blowout Founding Fathers and was on this site until a lot of you turd burglars scared him away

"Jugghead" was his alias
Yep, he was one of the good ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Reject and reprice is a scum move in my opinion. Nothing like sacrificing future purchases over $1.

I rather just sell it and make the man happy to open the opportunity for future sales. Especially if all its going to cost me is a few bucks!
That's your business model, it isn't mine or his apparently. Sometimes I get an offer and think, "hmm, haven't see activity on this is in awhile," then I check eBay, see that the card is hot and raise the price. If I've got the card at a bargain price and you make an offer to try to get it for less and I research, I think it's a you problem, not a me problem when I check to see what is up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Sorry OP, the original post just reeks of entitlement.
Just another entitled millennial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peapod View Post
I have had the ratbatard raise the price during the offer process then counter with an offer higher than the original price.
Doesn't this turd work for Ebay? If so it shows where he gets his ethics.
So the company he works for is a problem... in this economy? You are a fool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod7290 View Post
Pretty sure he's one of the people who undercuts everyone by a penny. Kind of a tool move in my book.
Its a strategy. He has 100,000 cards in his port or so, I'm sure he isn't doing that on every card. I used that strategy but it is a race to the bottom and I stopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
I will simplify the concept for you.... If you do not like the price on COMC (even after an offer) then do not buy the card.
Bull's eye.

Quote:
Maybe it was a jerk move to try to get a lower price on a card that was already underpriced.

Let me summarize what probably happened. OP saw a card he wanted that was very underpriced and tried to get even more of a discount and made an offer. Seller checked and saw he was underpriced and raised his price. Now OP is butthurt because he couldn't turn the profit he could have if he just paid the asking price.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:20 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
Dude, you're doing the same thing as the people you are criticizing. And I categorically am a better person than Kim Jong-un, so if he ever opens an account here I will slate him mercilessly! I do agree with your general sentiment though.

To anyone else who might have found the posts in this thread a little distasteful, I'd like to say that the majority of my posts, at least, were intended to convey humour. Heck, I even called him intelligent and admitted to having laughed a couple of times at his videos.

I (and others tbf) have said it before and will repeat - people can do whatever they want with THEIR cards. I genuinely don't like JHS's practices so I don't deal with him. Simple.
VeedonFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:46 PM   #116 (permalink)

Sorry for bumping this old thread in the first place, I honestly just wanted to know if it was possible to ask for super high prices and get them to sell
cross4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:27 PM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenntimesports View Post
Yep, he was one of the good ones.

That's your business model, it isn't mine or his apparently. Sometimes I get an offer and think, "hmm, haven't see activity on this is in awhile," then I check eBay, see that the card is hot and raise the price. If I've got the card at a bargain price and you make an offer to try to get it for less and I research, I think it's a you problem, not a me problem when I check to see what is up.

Just another entitled millennial.

So the company he works for is a problem... in this economy? You are a fool.

Its a strategy. He has 100,000 cards in his port or so, I'm sure he isn't doing that on every card. I used that strategy but it is a race to the bottom and I stopped.

Bull's eye.

Maybe it was a jerk move to try to get a lower price on a card that was already underpriced.

Let me summarize what probably happened. OP saw a card he wanted that was very underpriced and tried to get even more of a discount and made an offer. Seller checked and saw he was underpriced and raised his price. Now OP is butthurt because he couldn't turn the profit he could have if he just paid the asking price.

Did you even read the post??? It was a Carlos Guillen xfractor WHO HAS BEEN RETIRED FOR TWO YEARS!!! and I'm far from an entitled "millennial". Why don't you go change your username again or improve upon your previous attempts at being a mod. I believe calculusdork was even in a similar predicament and I had to bust his chops over his comments here. Now I didn't bump this thread but my original opinion still stands........ He is a Richard and your previous ill-informed post tends to make me lean in that direction towards you as well.

SPARTY ON!
msumarr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:26 PM   #118 (permalink)

I don't know what's funnier, the guy from Germany telling the O.P. to start cooking...or that video by Joel Sh!t show. :lol:
sportscardmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:48 AM   #119 (permalink)

The fact that someone would make a video as a response to offers they did not like pertaining to the sports cards they are selling is pretty sad..............get a life.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:19 AM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeedonFleece View Post
Dude, you're doing the same thing as the people you are criticizing. And I categorically am a better person than Kim Jong-un, so if he ever opens an account here I will slate him mercilessly! I do agree with your general sentiment though.

To anyone else who might have found the posts in this thread a little distasteful, I'd like to say that the majority of my posts, at least, were intended to convey humour. Heck, I even called him intelligent and admitted to having laughed a couple of times at his videos.

I (and others tbf) have said it before and will repeat - people can do whatever they want with THEIR cards. I genuinely don't like JHS's practices so I don't deal with him. Simple.
You can keep on trying to justify the wrong. I'm not criticizing, I'm outright saying that what you are all doing is wrong. Just a bunch of internet tough guys and girls with nothing better to do than put others down to make themselves feel better about their own inadequacies.

I'm sure you will be back to pick this post apart as well. I have said what I wanted and made the point I felt was necessary to make.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
Old 01-12-2014, 09:57 AM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
I think that the douchers and Richards are the several people in this thread that believe they have the right to trash someone for the way they look or act.
Quote:
Just a bunch of internet tough guys and girls with nothing better to do
Quoted without comment.
VeedonFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:58 PM   #122 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msumarr54 View Post
Did you even read the post??? It was a Carlos Guillen xfractor WHO HAS BEEN RETIRED FOR TWO YEARS!!! and I'm far from an entitled "millennial". Why don't you go change your username again or improve upon your previous attempts at being a mod. I believe calculusdork was even in a similar predicament and I had to bust his chops over his comments here. Now I didn't bump this thread but my original opinion still stands........ He is a Richard and your previous ill-informed post tends to make me lean in that direction towards you as well.
Sorry then, you are an entitled jack-wagon from another generation then.

Obviously you wanted the Carlos Guillen xfractor but wanted to pay less. JSS didn't want to sell it to you for that price and you got upset and decided to call an innocent party something awful.

Case closed.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:47 PM   #123 (permalink)

Old 01-13-2014, 03:18 PM   #124 (permalink)

Nope still here……………he's still a jackwagon for raising a price after I made a fair offer

An unethical business move in my mind to raise the initial price…..and guess what, I waited a month, made the SAME offer, and he accepted it. So what does that say??

So go back to lawyering and I'll go back to teaching the youth of America and we'll call it day.

Case closed Matlock

SPARTY ON!
msumarr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:04 PM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
" my parents made me a chocolate cake".
quit hatin'
chipmaster is offline   Reply With Quote