Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2014, 11:46 AM   #151 (permalink)

He prices them at $49.74 or $49.75 to avoid the extra .50. He is a clever Richard...maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
I gotta ask, when he prices all his new base cards @ $50 each (you know 1000000x actual selling price), doesn't he have to pay extra fee's for that? Didn't they say in one of the blogs any new cards listed over $50 would have an additional listing fee?
What's the end game or the point? I wasn't too keen to the reply I got from Moe on my inquiry, but I'll leave it as it is.

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:06 PM   #152 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
He prices them at $49.74 or $49.75 to avoid the extra .50. He is a clever Richard...maybe.
Ah, so I see the $50 on the main page so that includes the 0.25 shipping. clever cabeza. I have a great picture to add to this thread, I'll probably get a temp vaca for a few days, but I think it would be worth it. It will have to wait for home or mobile posting.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:21 PM   #153 (permalink)

Quote:
I gotta ask, when he prices all his new base cards @ $50 each (you know 1000000x actual selling price), doesn't he have to pay extra fee's for that? Didn't they say in one of the blogs any new cards listed over $50 would have an additional listing fee?
What's the end game or the point? I wasn't too keen to the reply I got from Moe on my inquiry, but I'll leave it as it is.
There all listed in the Vault.And COMC takes them to card shows!!
brewcrew82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:32 PM   #154 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
If comc gets flooded or hacked. Joels is going to be a rich man!. His "supposedly" insured cards will be paid big time.

Interesting.

Another perk for pricing cards extra high on comc. go figure.
amazingpacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:36 PM   #155 (permalink)

Based on my previous experience working in the insurance industry, I'm pretty sure he will get market value on those...the insurance company doesn't pay based on what you think your items are worth. If I total my truck, they cut me a check for what they believe a reasonable market value would be, not the $500,000 I claim that it is worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingpacks View Post
If comc gets flooded or hacked. Joels is going to be a rich man!. His "supposedly" insured cards will be paid big time.

Interesting.

Another perk for pricing cards extra high on comc. go figure.

Old 07-02-2014, 01:13 PM   #156 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Based on my previous experience working in the insurance industry, I'm pretty sure he will get market value on those...the insurance company doesn't pay based on what you think your items are worth. If I total my truck, they cut me a check for what they believe a reasonable market value would be, not the $500,000 I claim that it is worth.
He might be able to claim replacement cost. $1.00+$3.00(shipping) per common, Comc Insertion fees and what not.

WHO knows if the port is even covered and what for. I am pretty sure comc is covered.

Would be a good topic to know what are we actually covered for.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:22 PM   #157 (permalink)

Quote:
He might be able to claim replacement cost. $1.00+$3.00(shipping) per common, Comc Insertion fees and what not.

WHO knows if the port is even covered and what for. I am pretty sure comc is covered.

Would be a good topic to know what are we actually covered for.
Good luck, I've asked this question multiple times and never received an answer. I even asked Moe while on a phone call what happens to my cards if COMC goes kaput. He acted like he had never been asked the question before. He said that he would check into it and get me an answer but I don't recall that an answer was ever given. It has been asked in many of these threads as well and it has never been addressed by COMC.

My thoughts are that our cards are not COMC assets therefore not subject to seizure under a bankruptcy but they would be tied up until we could establish standing. How we would actually get them back into our possession or what steps we would need to take to prove they are ours and not COMC's is where my concerns lie. With each passing day these questions are becoming more relevant and pressing.

"Fark it, I quit".
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:24 PM   #158 (permalink)

The Vault... Haha... Does anyone remember when Pepsi made Clear Pepsi?

Basically the same result
Old 07-02-2014, 01:34 PM   #159 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrett View Post

I remember those threads so clearly too. A small minority of us ripped the idea and were attacked by all of the COMC homers. Don't get me wrong, I was still a fan boy at the time but I don't do blind loyalty and am able to separate my like of something and being able to be critical of it at the same time. Same thing with the decision to charge more more $50 + cards. What mental midget decided it was a good idea to penalize customers that were going to add higher end product to COMC? Even if the submission takes a couple of seconds longer to do than a base card, the benefit of having cards on site that will draw in traffic and word of mouth is well worth that time for COMC. Or so one would think. It was such an obvious money grab.

"Fark it, I quit".
Old 07-02-2014, 05:45 PM   #160 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
I remember those threads so clearly too. A small minority of us ripped the idea and were attacked by all of the COMC homers. Don't get me wrong, I was still a fan boy at the time but I don't do blind loyalty and am able to separate my like of something and being able to be critical of it at the same time. Same thing with the decision to charge more more $50 + cards. What mental midget decided it was a good idea to penalize customers that were going to add higher end product to COMC? Even if the submission takes a couple of seconds longer to do than a base card, the benefit of having cards on site that will draw in traffic and word of mouth is well worth that time for COMC. Or so one would think. It was such an obvious money grab.
I agreed with the highlighted part... then seeing a certain seller listing 10 cent commons for $50 made me understand why they did it. It is very clear that COMC have their priorities backwards. They are too afraid to let a seller know when they are doing something wrong and at the same time they will ignore a seller that calls them out for their own mistakes.

Buying Brandon Hughes (OSU/Chargers) Auto's and low numbered cards.
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:49 PM   #161 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
They are too afraid to let a seller know when they are doing something wrong and at the same time they will ignore a seller that calls them out for their own mistakes.
Very true! Look how long they let that lame brainette TheDivaHalley behave like she did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrett View Post

Instead of the Vault COMC should have simply offered an immediate rebate (7-10% range) for any card that sold over $25 (or pick a similar threshold). They could have instantly become more competitive than Ebay. It was an opportunity lost and they ended up with their 20% on under $1.00 cards when they could have become a juggernaut for higher dollar cards.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.

Last edited by 37Jetson; 07-02-2014 at 06:53 PM.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:24 PM   #162 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
I agreed with the highlighted part... then seeing a certain seller listing 10 cent commons for $50 made me understand why they did it. It is very clear that COMC have their priorities backwards. They are too afraid to let a seller know when they are doing something wrong and at the same time they will ignore a seller that calls them out for their own mistakes.
That is not the excuse they used though. They said that $50 cards take longer to process so the extra time and scrutiny should cost more to submit. Hell, they aren't scrutinizing any cards it seems. Most of my stuff goes through with wrong or missing data regardless of item value. I will never understand the 'logic' of penalizing higher quality from coming in.

"Fark it, I quit".
Old 07-02-2014, 10:16 PM   #163 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
That is not the excuse they used though. They said that $50 cards take longer to process so the extra time and scrutiny should cost more to submit. Hell, they aren't scrutinizing any cards it seems. Most of my stuff goes through with wrong or missing data regardless of item value. I will never understand the 'logic' of penalizing higher quality from coming in.
Well they could not say it was to prevent some tool sellers from trying to gouge uninformed buyers. For all we know the spit show could be doing it as a protest to the extra charge, history says otherwise but we do not know since he no longer posts here. I do know as a matter of fact that they do want every card that gets listed at $100 or more done express so they can easily store it in a more secure area.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:38 PM   #164 (permalink)

Isn't he doing this on commons that he had the only copy on site of? If so, it must be to take advantage of the Amazon searches by grandmothers, nephews, and washed out pros. I have a couple duplicates that will be processed in the near future, and i'll be interested to see how soft JSS is on his prices.
fezziwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:54 PM   #165 (permalink)
Banned

beginning to think joel is reading this and laughing.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:52 PM   #166 (permalink)

Normally Joelshitshow does not bother me that much, but when I was trying to finish up some sets I got really torqued with all of his $49.75 prices. It just makes COMC look bad.

Quote:
beginning to think joel is reading this and laughing.
You know that he is. That is what little men do.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:12 PM   #167 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
Isn't he doing this on commons that he had the only copy on site of? If so, it must be to take advantage of the Amazon searches by grandmothers, nephews, and washed out pros. I have a couple duplicates that will be processed in the near future, and i'll be interested to see how soft JSS is on his prices.
They didn't used to let you price cards above 10x book. JSS is taking advantage of the lack of BV on the site. I hope Dave Duerson's grandma doesn't shell out $50 for his 90 score card.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:18 PM   #168 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalken View Post
They didn't used to let you price cards above 10x book. JSS is taking advantage of the lack of BV on the site. I hope Dave Duerson's grandma doesn't shell out $50 for his 90 score card.
Yeah i just saw a 2013 eric kratz card listed for fifty, i clicked on it and he had 8 copiees all at the same price.

I am unsure what criteria is used to determine when COMC highlights cards under "Recently added" under the main page, but i saw a bunch of his 49.75 commons show up there....
Old 07-08-2014, 01:55 PM   #169 (permalink)

I'll point out that inflating the prices on those cards also pushes him up into the Top Sellers section as a top consigner. Maybe it's his way of advertising his port. Maybe he's getting ready to sell his port.

Old 07-08-2014, 02:02 PM   #170 (permalink)

Quote:
I'll point out that inflating the prices on those cards also pushes him up into the Top Sellers section as a top consigner. Maybe it's his way of advertising his port. Maybe he's getting ready to sell his port.
Maybe he is just a jackass that is hurting the site and the hobby. They are his cards and he can price them however he wants...but it is just insane to send junk cards in and then price them where nobody would every buy them unless you are up to something sinister.

Last edited by OLDPAPER; 07-08-2014 at 02:18 PM.
OLDPAPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:05 PM   #171 (permalink)

There is that possibility as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDPAPER View Post
Maybe he is just a jackass that is hurting the site and the hobby.

Old 07-08-2014, 02:11 PM   #172 (permalink)
Banned

comc should just drop all these "gimmicks"(promotions, classifieds,sales,blah blah). Only the people that take advantage of the system use them to screw around . Just have regular pricing with no sales and gimmicks. Simple card site like it started as. Fun and different.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:32 PM   #173 (permalink)

Quote:
comc should just drop all these "gimmicks"(promotions, classifieds,sales,blah blah). Only the people that take advantage of the system use them to screw around . Just have regular pricing with no sales and gimmicks. Simple card site like it started as. Fun and different.
I know you can't see or hear, but a slow clap is being done for this post. a slow clap emotion thingy would be a perfect addition.

in a nut shell when I reported some of JHS base card pricing, this is the answer in part:

...customers are able to price how they see fit. we don't have a lot of control over the prices set...we can suggest they adjust if there is a lot of feedback about them...

there is also a seller kane (not sure if it's the same kane who is here) who over prices many many cards. I had a couple of matching cards that I couldn't get $3 for but he/she had the same ones at $700. (and that was before BV went bye bye)
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:34 PM   #174 (permalink)

Quote:
I know you can't see or hear, but a slow clap is being done for this post. a slow clap emotion thingy would be a perfect addition.

in a nut shell when I reported some of JHS base card pricing, this is the answer in part:

...customers are able to price how they see fit. we don't have a lot of control over the prices set...we can suggest they adjust if there is a lot of feedback about them...

there is also a seller kane (not sure if it's the same kane who is here) who over prices many many cards. I had a couple of matching cards that I couldn't get $3 for but he/she had the same ones at $700. (and that was before BV went bye bye)
COMC is way too afraid to ruffle feathers. JSS' crap needs to stop. It is used to be 5X book value as the limit at which you could price a card. He is doing it for free exposure (placement on top consignors list and showing up on newly added cards) and to be the little man that he is.

As I said before TheDivaHalley was an absolute idiot that COMC refused to rebuke. I sent a few messages pleading my case about her crapping impacting the image of COMC and in turn my businees, but I got nothing but the run around from COMC.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:43 PM   #175 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
COMC is way too afraid to ruffle feathers. JSS' crap needs to stop. It is used to be 5X book value as the limit at which you could price a card. He is doing it for free exposure (placement on top consignors list and showing up on newly added cards) and to be the little man that he is.

As I said before TheDivaHalley was an absolute idiot that COMC refused to rebuke. I sent a few messages pleading my case about her crapping impacting the image of COMC and in turn my businees, but I got nothing but the run around from COMC.
His pricing does not do anything for the top 10 lists, those are now based on quantity since there is no longer a "book" value. His cards are appearing on the main page, which is obviously much more concerning.