Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Joelshitshow on COMC is a HUGE Richard

Make him an offer on a VERY low end card. Would be lucky to see .50 on a good day, but I don't feel like searching an offer a buck. Outright rejects it and raises the price by over a dollar. I know I'm a high roller and all but I'm not going that extra buck to that ahole...so if you have a 2008 Bowman Chrome Carlos Guillen X-Fractor....................I'm your man

SPARTY ON!
msumarr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

I do not deal with him even if he has a card I want.

Yes, it is his card but will anyone ever buy a Carlos Guillen X-Fractor for a buck?
Old 07-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

he is well known to do that, but will lowball the shartz out of you for cards!
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

He's one of the Blowout Founding Fathers and was on this site until a lot of you turd burglars scared him away

"Jugghead" was his alias
Old 07-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
He's one of the Blowout Founding Fathers and was on this site until a lot of you turd burglars scared him away

"Jugghead" was his alias
4 realz chip? yikes...isn't he the guy who works or worked @ ud or something?
Old 07-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msumarr54 View Post
Make him an offer on a VERY low end card. Would be lucky to see .50 on a good day, but I don't feel like searching an offer a buck. Outright rejects it and raises the price by over a dollar. I know I'm a high roller and all but I'm not going that extra buck to that ahole...so if you have a 2008 Bowman Chrome Carlos Guillen X-Fractor....................I'm your man
Did you consider that maybe his observation of your offer was the first time he noticed that the only other COMC sale of that card was for $2.63??

I saw a $15 card the other day for $7.75 on COMC. I made an offer of $5. The seller raised the price to $10 and countered at $7. So I bought the card for $7.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Did you consider that maybe his observation of your offer was the first time he noticed that the only other COMC sale of that card was for $2.63??

I saw a $15 card the other day for $7.75 on COMC. I made an offer of $5. The seller raised the price to $10 and countered at $7. So I bought the card for $7.
Exactly. I have like 8k cards in my port, and he has >100k. Sometimes I'll get and offer and then check out what everyone else is selling it for only to notice that either I made a typo before or the value has gone way up. If I feel like I can make more, I'll reject and reprice...
Old 07-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

Joelshitshow is typically pretty fair, I've had more of a problem with buymore. Make reasonable offer on 3 low end cards that have sat on there for over a year, rejects said offer and doubles prices on all 3. Enjoy keeping your cards
Seanathan297 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Reject and reprice is a scum move in my opinion. Nothing like sacrificing future purchases over $1.

I rather just sell it and make the man happy to open the opportunity for future sales. Especially if all its going to cost me is a few bucks!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

joelshitshow is a low-life in many ways....I never give him my business and more should follow
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Joel is one of my favorite sellers on COMC. I have bought and sold many times from/to him.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:34 PM   #12 (permalink)

Ah, the never ending debate on the ethics of the old "reject and reprice" move.

I will say this. Currently, *many* cards on the site are mis-priced (in both directions). Everything was priced based on Beckett book value. Beckett value is now irrelevant as almost nobody can see it. Slowly, we will see prices move toward the past sale number instead.

So, if you happen to see a card priced way below the past sale number, it might be a good idea to just grab it instead of trying an offer.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:36 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:

WELL..........SURE, I gave it thought.........but then I realized this is a .50 card, not a mislabeled $15 gem. This card sucks....crap I just bought a blue refractor from good ol' WilsonValdez for less than a 1/3 of his absurd price.

Price stuff however you want. Thats fine by me. But don't see that I'm interested with a FAIR offer, reject it, and bump the price up another 1.25.

That's a real richard move right there.......

SPARTY ON!
Old 07-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalken View Post
So, if you happen to see a card priced way below the past sale number, it might be a good idea to just grab it instead of trying an offer.
Truth.

Quote:
WELL..........SURE, I gave it thought.........but then I realized this is a .50 card, not a mislabeled $15 gem. This card sucks....crap I just bought a blue refractor from good ol' WilsonValdez for less than a 1/3 of his absurd price.

Price stuff however you want. Thats fine by me. But don't see that I'm interested with a FAIR offer, reject it, and bump the price up another 1.25.

That's a real richard move right there.......
So you think your offer was fair even though the only other one sold for $2.63? Surely you see where I'm coming from.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Truth.

So you think your offer was fair even though the only other one sold for $2.63? Surely you see where I'm coming from.
I AM SERIOUS............and don't call me shirley...................

In all seriousness, I have no idea where your getting that price from. A gold /50 sold on eBay for 2.50 dlvd...I just bought a gold on COMC from 37Jetson (thank ya sir) for 2.45. I'm not going to pay OVER that for an Xfractor /250.

And with that.....I'm done. 2.75 is a trival matter. BUT I AM A MAN OF PRINCIPAL. I think he's a Richard. You can agree or disagree. Thats your opinion. I'm not trying to convince anyone, just throwing out my persona anecdote................

SPARTY ON!
Old 07-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #16 (permalink)

I don't buy from him. He doesn't deserve my money.

Last edited by colls69; 07-18-2013 at 02:58 PM. Reason: misspell
colls69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #17 (permalink)

Alright, now I'm really curious -- why all the hate for this guy? I've seen at least 3 folks insinuate that he is a "low-life" (one guy just came right out and said it) -- why? I've never done business with him before.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Alright, now I'm really curious -- why all the hate for this guy? I've seen at least 3 folks insinuate that he is a "low-life" (one guy just came right out and said it) -- why? I've never done business with him before.
my experience, and some others who have posted (or edited LOL)
is that he will make a 50% offer on your cards and you will either accept/decline/or counter. If you counter he will decline or recounter at the same original offer. If you try to do a 50% offer on his cards, he will counter or decline all while upping the price to about double the asking so you have to get it at "his 1/2 price"
Old 07-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #19 (permalink)

Since I did not earn a callout thread from doubling my price I would likely to say thank you for the props. This card is going to a great person and great cause so I am happy to help as much as I can price wise.

Since I got back into COMC selling three weeks ago I have let all offers be submitted. I do not have a set percentage that I will accept, but the clowns that offer 50% of my Griffey Autograph (now sold) and other hot rookies simply get rejected after they send me the same offer twice.

On the topic of Joelshitshow he has done the same bush league pricing raise thing to me. Not the end of the world in my book, but it does annoy me to a mini session with my therapist.

Quote:
..I just bought a gold on COMC from 37Jetson (thank ya sir) for 2.45. I'm not going to pay OVER that for an Xfractor /250.
Imac
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.

Last edited by 37Jetson; 01-17-2014 at 09:37 PM.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
XL5

I've bought from him before. I just can't get over the reading the name as Joel Sh!t Show though.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:11 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
my experience, and some others who have posted (or edited LOL)
is that he will make a 50% offer on your cards and you will either accept/decline/or counter. If you counter he will decline or recounter at the same original offer. If you try to do a 50% offer on his cards, he will counter or decline all while upping the price to about double the asking so you have to get it at "his 1/2 price"
Maybe I'm just too laid back, but it would take a heckuva lot more than that for me to refer to someone as dangly parts.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:44 PM   #22 (permalink)

Correct me if I'm mistaken ... but he is always the lowest price card available ... and to some people half off is not a reasonable offer ... especially if that half off is the most you can ask . He has taken offers from me before . Does often actually . And especially if he is not the lowest card . Example he had a card for $3 . Another seller had it at $2 . I offered JoelsHitShow $1.5 and he took it . But if a card was marked $1 and you offered 50 cents ... the next lowest card was $2.5 ... I wouldn't take your 50 either . Especially with the price rates now on the site . Another example he had a $5 booked for $5 refractor for my PC I needed . I offered him $2.5 .. Took it . Soundslike the typical ... I can't actually pay for that card ... its for my PC routine
"Nothing in the world seems more important"

Last edited by thebrokepoet; 07-18-2013 at 06:54 PM.
thebrokepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrokepoet View Post
but if a card was marked $1 and you offered 50 cents ... the next lowest card was $2.5 ... I wouldn't take your 50 either . routine
I only reprice if I see I'm leaving money on the table compared to other sellers. If i have a card I'm selling and i see someone has it underpriced, I've actually made lowball offers in the hopes that the seller raises their price.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrokepoet View Post
Correct me if I'm mistaken ... but he is always the lowest price card available ... and to some people half off is not a reasonable offer ... especially if that half off is the most you can ask . He has taken offers from me before . Does often actually . And especially if he is not the lowest card . Example he had a card for $3 . Another seller had it at $2 . I offered JoelsHitShow $1.5 and he took it . But if a card was marked $1 and you offered 50 cents ... the next lowest card was $2.5 ... I wouldn't take your 50 either . Especially with the price rates now on the site . Another example he had a $5 booked for $5 refractor for my PC I needed . I offered him $2.5 .. Took it . Soundslike the typical ... I can't actually pay for that card ... its for my PC routine
^^^ This guy gets it.

Sorry OP, the original post just reeks of entitlement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeramy View Post
I only reprice if I see I'm leaving money on the table compared to other sellers. If i have a card I'm selling and i see someone has it underpriced, I've actually made lowball offers in the hopes that the seller raises their price.
Haha ... wow, that is brilliant.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:31 PM   #25 (permalink)

Catcuspies,

You hit the nail on the Richard Head with your post. Lol!! I had to take a few words out of my original post.
colls69 is offline   Reply With Quote