Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14 SM

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default eBay Selling/Feedback Question

Sorry for the long post. All my listings clearly state I do not ship internationally. Someone from the Netherlands purchases an item of mine. The item is a $100 iTunes gift card (after reading a few threads I wish I would not have posted it on eBay, but I was trying to help out my sister by selling it since she got it when she bought a Mac for school). I opened a case to cancel the transaction because I do not want to ship it to the Netherlands. The buyer refused to cancel and responded as follows:

"I don not ask to ship to my country. I have asked if it is possible to email the code instead of sending it by mail. I did ask to change the shipping method, so I could pay the item. I can't pay because the seller doens't want to sip to the netherlands. I have bought iTunes cards before, and the seller changed the shipping rules so I could pay and the seller choose to send the code by mail and that was that. So please reconsider your cancellation of my order."

The buyer has never contacted asking me to email him the code or change the shipping method so this is news to me. I refuse to email the code because I want proof of delivery. The buyer still has not paid. I do not wish to go thru with this transaction.

My question is can the buyer leave me negative feedback if he has not paid for the item or because I refuse to ship to him even though my listing clearly states I do not ship internationally? Or should I open an unpaid item case after 5 days and go that route? Do I have any other options or am I SOL? I would like to hear your thoughts. Thanks.
http://s499.photobucket.com/profile/baseballd2324/

Last edited by baseballd; 08-17-2013 at 12:40 PM. Reason: edited for clarification
baseballd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Just send cancellation request. If he does not accept then call ebay after the 7 or 8 days he has to respond. They will credit you for the sale and NO he can not leave feedback on this transaction.
TSJCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

If he refused to cancel you're probably out of luck. You can't open a non payment claim now. Your only recourse would be to call ebay and hope they see your side.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

If your listing states no foreign sales and you do not allow foreign sales then no.
gsxr1000mxz800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSJCT View Post
Just send cancellation request. If he does not accept then call ebay after the 7 or 8 days he has to respond. They will credit you for the sale and NO he can not leave feedback on this transaction.
this is incorrect information. Not only can he leave you negative feedback.. even after the item is cancelled via case he can still leave you negative feedback. He could only be prevented from doing so if there is a mutual cancellation. Didn't want the OP to be mislead.

To make things worse.. eBay will only remove said feedback if the buyer lies, or uses vulgar language in the feedback itself and/or threatens the seller via eBay message.

Last edited by Imac7065; 08-17-2013 at 11:43 PM.
Imac7065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
this is incorrect information. Not only can he leave you negative feedback.. even after the item is cancelled via case he can still leave you negative feedback. He could only be prevented from doing so if there is a mutual cancellation. Didn't want the OP to be mislead.

To make things worse.. eBay will only remove said feedback if the buyer lies, or uses vulgar language in the feedback itself and/or threatens the seller via eBay message.
Actually, unless something just recently changed, an unpaid item strike is the only thing that prevents feedback from being left. Even if an item is mutally agreed upon (OP said his was declined) the buyer can still leave feedback.

OP, you need to make sure you habe an exclusions list created of countries you don't ship to. You can't just say "no international" and hope no one bids.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
Actually, unless something just recently changed, an unpaid item strike is the only thing that prevents feedback from being left. Even if an item is mutally agreed upon (OP said his was declined) the buyer can still leave feedback.

OP, you need to make sure you habe an exclusions list created of countries you don't ship to. You can't just say "no international" and hope no one bids.
I have revised all of my current listings with an exclusion list. As for this debacle, I'll see what happens. The buyer still hasn't paid for the item. My only worry is getting negative feedback.
http://s499.photobucket.com/profile/baseballd2324/
baseballd is offline   Reply With Quote