Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14 SM

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 12:46 AM   #51 (permalink)

How are the police a necessary evil.
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:50 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
How are the police a necessary evil.
it sa joke, the guy who responded is a cop and knows its a joke, relax.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #53 (permalink)

Here is a prime example of how bad some buyers are on shipping. Keep in mind the item shipped was bought on the 26th of September and paid for on the 28th.

I shipped it on the 28th, notice was left for it to be picked up on the 30th, the buyer did not pick it up until the 7th, but I get a neutral saying shipping was slow.

tracking number 9400109699938834090409

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...99938834090409
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #54 (permalink)

Ebay has created a new class of Basement Cowards (many of which lurk these boards) who think that they are some type of Little Gods by dropping low DSR's.

I honestly cannot imagine what goes through the Basement Coward's head to leave a 1 DSR when the seller clearly states $3.00 for bubble mailer shipping with $.25 for each additional card and the shipment is received promptly in perfect condition. If you do not like the postage cost, then be a man and don't buy the card(s). Leaving a 1 DSR only shows what a worthless coward you are.

The low DSR's from these Basement Cowards have cost many sellers their accounts. Are yall proud of yourselves for doing this? Ebay has already implemented their Draconian Policy of charging FVF on postage so maintain DSR's is equally bad on their part.

Let the Basement Cowards enter to defend themselves.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #55 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Ebay has created a new class of Basement Cowards (many of which lurk these boards) who think that they are some type of Little Gods by dropping low DSR's.

I honestly cannot imagine what goes through the Basement Coward's head to leave a 1 DSR when the seller clearly states $3.00 for bubble mailer shipping with $.25 for each additional card and the shipment is received promptly in perfect condition. If you do not like the postage cost, then be a man and don't buy the card(s). Leaving a 1 DSR only shows what a worthless coward you are.

The low DSR's from these Basement Cowards have cost many sellers their accounts. Are yall proud of yourselves for doing this? Ebay has already implemented their Draconian Policy of charging FVF on postage so maintain DSR's is equally bad on their part.

Let the Basement Cowards enter to defend themselves.
You mean like this upstanding fella?

Obvious Shill, what should i do?

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #56 (permalink)

Unbelievable, somebody has taken the Hypocrisy Crown from Jrb1. Was not sure that was possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
You mean like this upstanding fella?

Obvious Shill, what should i do?
Old 10-13-2013, 02:46 PM   #57 (permalink)

With this stupid new global shipping program I've had to use the 3 star reasonable shipping cost a lot more. I let sellers know that I'm unhappy with it and maybe it will motivate some of them to get out of the GSP and use the cheaper tracked first class international for Canada at least. Why should I lie and say I'm happy to pay twice as much shipping, especially if its a multi item order where you will have no idea how much it will charge per item until you attempt to check out?Anyone think I should be 1-starring this? I think that might be too strong personally.
lapierrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapierrem View Post
With this stupid new global shipping program I've had to use the 3 star reasonable shipping cost a lot more. I let sellers know that I'm unhappy with it and maybe it will motivate some of them to get out of the GSP and use the cheaper tracked first class international for Canada at least. Why should I lie and say I'm happy to pay twice as much shipping, especially if its a multi item order where you will have no idea how much it will charge per item until you attempt to check out?Anyone think I should be 1-starring this? I think that might be too strong personally.
You shouldn't be ding the sellers at all for the price ebay charges you to ship international. For a seller to be protected by paypal they have to use global express which is nearly $30.

Side note: I thought sellers wouldn't get dinged for shipping costs on the ebay global shipping. That's a crock if they are.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:37 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
You shouldn't be ding the sellers at all for the price ebay charges you to ship international. For a seller to be protected by paypal they have to use global express which is nearly $30.

Side note: I thought sellers wouldn't get dinged for shipping costs on the ebay global shipping. That's a crock if they are.
Correct me if I'm wrong but according to the USPS site first class international to Canada is available with delivery confirmation (although optional) and although this didn't used to be the case it's tracked across the border. I've received many packages this way, never had a problem with tracking them, and I'm willing to guess that at least some of these people are printing and buying their labels right from paypal. As long as you provide the tracking (done automatically if you ship via Paypal) you're covered against INR in that you have online viewable tracking. Which is what paypal requires for INR as far as I know.
I've also had it happen where putting the tracking number in on eBay did not put it over to PayPal - it does happen according to paypal suppprt and can be a problem - for me it was when I started selling again and they had conditions for holding funds. I could see this being a problem as well for INR cases though.

USPS global express is expensive, because it's faster and automatically includes delivery confirmation and greater insurability. I don't think you need to use it if you purchase optional delivery confirmation on priority mail parcels/letters even first class (only talking to Canada here).

Last edited by lapierrem; 10-14-2013 at 11:41 PM.
lapierrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:33 AM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
lapierrem said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig

Correct me if I'm wrong but according to the USPS site first class international to Canada is available with delivery confirmation (although optional) and although this didn't used to be the case it's tracked across the border. I've received many packages this way, never had a problem with tracking them, and I'm willing to guess that at least some of these people are printing and buying their labels right from paypal. As long as you provide the tracking (done automatically if you ship via Paypal) you're covered against INR in that you have online viewable tracking. Which is what paypal requires for INR as far as I know.

I've also had it happen where putting the tracking number in on eBay did not put it over to PayPal - it does happen according to paypal suppprt and can be a problem - for me it was when I started selling again and they had conditions for holding funds. I could see this being a problem as well for INR cases though.

USPS global express is expensive, because it's faster and automatically includes delivery confirmation and greater insurability. I don't think you need to use it if you purchase optional delivery confirmation on priority mail parcels/letters even first class (only talking to Canada here).
you do understand that under the global shipping the seller sends their item to a 3rd party? sellers have no control over the shipping cost and you are made fully aware of the pricing prior to finalizing your purchase. I have not used the GSP just because I have heard of stories like this where the buyer is dinging dsrs when they have no right to do that. I do understand that sending out on your own is probably cheaper but the program is designed to lessen issues with sellers shipping global and the 3rd party has additional steps they take prior to remailing.

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Forum Fiend v1.0.1.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #61 (permalink)

Yes, the USPS now have Delivery Confirmation in the 1st Class package for Canada (since February). If you use the online postage service is included (example eBay postage). I'm not sure is available in the postal office.

The International DC was the principal excuse to increase International 1st Class packages prices in January 2013. Canada was the 1rst country. Now I believe this month the USPS add other countries in the International DC.

Like the domestic DC. It depends on the postal workers to scan the items. As far I can tell from cards I shipped to Canada. It shows the "delivered" in the status.

About eBay Global Shipping thing. I never used it. As far I read from it. It has a mix of experiences from buyers and sellers.
Kane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #62 (permalink)
Banned

I don't know what is going on. They took the negative feedback right from sellers and we all know that's where it went downhill.......but it seems I've heard more than ever ppl complain about getting banned or getting restricted like crazy....Its like ebay wants to put a cap on how much $$ they can make
Zach23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach23 View Post
I don't know what is going on. They took the negative feedback right from sellers and we all know that's where it went downhill.......but it seems I've heard more than ever ppl complain about getting banned or getting restricted like crazy....Its like ebay wants to put a cap on how much $$ they can make
thats what my confusion was really about, what good is doing ebay to ban me when i sell 200-300 things a year they get a fee on and why because once a month and item is 3 days late being delivered, give me a break!
Old 10-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapierrem View Post

Paypal may have changed there rules recently and I'm unaware, but I know for a fact the previous requirement was global express for seller protection. Paypal wouldn't even accept registered mail when it's under lock and key with a signature required.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:56 AM   #65 (permalink)

Though you admit some fault, wouldn't be surprised at the amount of unnecessary dings you may have. I've been dinged in every category over the last twelve month period, multiple times for shipping charge (I've been at $1.69 FLAT for some time). I had to offer free shipping for a couple months to get back up to five.

To me it seems whenever I go back and forth on a price with someone that I get hit with a 4 in a category.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:44 AM   #66 (permalink)

Man, that really sucks! I can't believe they basically banned you for what seems like nothing at all. It's not nearly as bad as you, but I was a top rated seller for a fair amount of time until I had one month where I received 4 low DSR's for shipping charges. It also happened to be my lowest volume month. 2 dings came from one a-hole who paid before I could combine and while I was usually good at putting $2 in the bubble mailer, I forgot to do so. No e-mail, no message, just 2 neutrals and athe ding. One came from another a-hole who claimed they never received the card even though I shipped to the confirmed address in paypal and it showed delivered. Got hit with a negative and eBay would not remove it. Those 4 dings (on a flat $2 shipping charge mind you) caused me to lose my top rated status (and 20% discount on fees) for THREE MONTHS. I lost a little over $200 in discount because two a-holes got bent on a $9 transaction, and a $6.44 transaction.

and boom goes the dynamite...
seahawks4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:04 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfaceposey View Post
This really sucks. Might be time to just sell through COMC.I have been really thinking of going this route.
just closed 1000 listings about a month or two ago and did this ^^^^^

Always looking for Clemente stuff, pm me with what you have!
hanes1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:02 AM   #68 (permalink)

One came from another a-hole who claimed they never received the card even though I shipped to the confirmed address in paypal and it showed delivered. Got hit with a negative and eBay would not remove it.

When did you get that neg? Ebays policy says negs where the item shows delivered can now be removed. Of course we all know Ebay does not always follow their own rules

When eBay may remove or adjust Feedback

This type of Feedback may be removed:

Feedback that only refers to a listing's structured details when there aren't contradictory words or photos in the description. Structured details include:

Item condition

Item specifics

Sales tax

Return policy

Combined postage

Accepted payments

Example: If an item was listed with Used selected as the Item Condition, and negative Feedback stated the item was "used," the Feedback is removed.

Negative Feedback stating a seller "did not respond," but we determine that the seller responded to the buyer's email in good faith, using member to member messages.

Negative Feedback as a result of the following situations:

A buyer requested the cancellation of the sale due to no fault of the seller, and the seller cooperated with the buyer's request.

A buyer made a request that was clearly different from what was stated in the listing, and the seller didn't accommodate the request. For example, a buyer left negative Feedback because they requested a different delivery method than what was offered in the listing, and the seller refused.

Negative or neutral Feedback related solely to:

Customs delays or customs fees.

Item non-delivery, when shipment tracking shows the item was delivered. Signature confirmation is required for items over $750.

Shipping time, when the item is Fast 'N Free and the item was delivered by the shipping carrier's estimated delivery date.

An item's delivery time when a buyer provided an undeliverable address and the item was returned to the seller or held at the shipping facility.

An item's delivery time, when a buyer paid for an item more than 3 days after a sale was completed. (If a buyer is allowed to combine shipping on multiple purchases more than 3 days after a sale, negative Feedback may not be removed.)

Negative or neutral Feedback left when the seller won an eBay or PayPal Buyer Protection case.
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:58 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
One came from another a-hole who claimed they never received the card even though I shipped to the confirmed address in paypal and it showed delivered. Got hit with a negative and eBay would not remove it.

When did you get that neg? Ebays policy says negs where the item shows delivered can now be removed. Of course we all know Ebay does not always follow their own rules

When eBay may remove or adjust Feedback

This type of Feedback may be removed:

Feedback that only refers to a listing's structured details when there aren't contradictory words or photos in the description. Structured details include:

Item condition

Item specifics

Sales tax

Return policy

Combined postage

Accepted payments

Example: If an item was listed with Used selected as the Item Condition, and negative Feedback stated the item was "used," the Feedback is removed.

Negative Feedback stating a seller "did not respond," but we determine that the seller responded to the buyer's email in good faith, using member to member messages.

Negative Feedback as a result of the following situations:

A buyer requested the cancellation of the sale due to no fault of the seller, and the seller cooperated with the buyer's request.

A buyer made a request that was clearly different from what was stated in the listing, and the seller didn't accommodate the request. For example, a buyer left negative Feedback because they requested a different delivery method than what was offered in the listing, and the seller refused.

Negative or neutral Feedback related solely to:

Customs delays or customs fees.

Item non-delivery, when shipment tracking shows the item was delivered. Signature confirmation is required for items over $750.

Shipping time, when the item is Fast 'N Free and the item was delivered by the shipping carrier's estimated delivery date.

An item's delivery time when a buyer provided an undeliverable address and the item was returned to the seller or held at the shipping facility.

An item's delivery time, when a buyer paid for an item more than 3 days after a sale was completed. (If a buyer is allowed to combine shipping on multiple purchases more than 3 days after a sale, negative Feedback may not be removed.)

Negative or neutral Feedback left when the seller won an eBay or PayPal Buyer Protection case.
Right before this rolled out.

When I lost my top-rated, the month after i saw that eBay was going to start a grace period to get DSR's up again. I pretend that my rather long diatribe to a supervisor prompted that.

and boom goes the dynamite...
seahawks4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:40 AM   #70 (permalink)

This is a few of the email addresses of the higher up at eBay. Send an email to everyone of them, can't remember which one actually went through. I did get a reply, for the same crap pulled on me, still got the same runaround. My account wasn't cancelled, but have been at 65 listings for 3 months now. Have over $130,000 in sales, they don't care???? IDIOTS!

To: "jdonahoe@ebay.com" <jdonahoe@ebay.com>
Cc: "john@ebay.com" <john@ebay.com>, "john.donohoe@ebay.com" <john.donohoe@ebay.com>
QuiteSomething is offline   Reply With Quote