Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ebay Help- I got the boot

Please give this a read if you know ebay well and think you can help.

I have been a member on ebay since 2007 and have sold... a lot and bought a lot.

Admittedly, sometimes I'll ship things out a few days late when work gets busy or if something sells on a Friday and I can't ship it out til Mon/Tues. bc I'm away or something. Totally my fault so please skip the bashing. I will say though that it isn't like weeks and weeks, its like 2-3 business days at the most. Needless to say some people left me low stars in shipping and I think ebay allows 2 in a 12 month period I have 12 as of today. 12 in 12 months. So basically once a month I'll have made a mistake on shipping.

I have made ebay so much money its not even funny and I have told family members, friends, etc on how to get in on the action. Two months ago my selling was restricted to 70 listings a month. I didn't take it seriously... dumb on my part, it was cut to 30... I jumped on the phone with ebay, apologized, heard the facts and reasons why I'm a huge piece of Sh!t bc thats how these people treat you and asked what to do...

The answer=nothing! Get better, fix your ratings... even though it takes 12 months to change everything and 3 to make any notable improvement based on ebays evaluation periods.

Can I speak to a supervisor?... Yes. She tells me, "There is nothing we can do to change your listing #s right now, but if you are good for a month and definitely if you are good for 3 months, we can reevaluate it. Call back in about a month and I'll make a note in the system."

September... I'm flawless. everything out on time, still at 100% feedback which I always am, etc.

This morning, I get an email Your account has been restricted indefinitely!

Are you f%&ing kidding me... I did what the supervisor said and I'm banned from ebay!

Talked to 4 people, explained everything is a very fair and relaxed manner and took responsibility for my part but explained that I did as much improvement as i can do in a 1 month period and that my numbers DID improve which they did and Ebay acknowledged this.

After being on the phone for an hour and being transfered to Trust and Safety, I was told its restricted indefinitely and will not be reviewed.

So in a nutshell for admittedly made some errors (and I should have some limitations), their customer with well over 1200 transactions at 100% positive feedback who has made them money, bought a ton of stuff, referred them customers and improved since following up with supervisors in August is now permanently banned FOR LIFE without review... because indefinitely means exactly that. Sounds pretty extreme and its a big loss for as much as I enjoy buying/selling cards. I'm not a murderer, I'm not even Michael Vick, I made some mistakes, got a little sloppy with shipping and had started improving. This seems very extreme. I didn't even get a short term ban!

Any ideas would be great. I'm shocked and at a loss.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

Ouch! I have been a member since 1997 and a couple years ago they banned mefor a month. I sold an old defunct police badge I had with no problems for $350. After it sold I listed a second one I had and they banned me for selling banned items. I went back and forth with them. At the time if you typed in defunct police badge you got over 500 hits, and their rules stated that defunct police badges were allowed. They didn't care and banned me. As to the shipping stars etc. Is there even a way you can see what other people put? Some people are simply unreasonable and expect their card the next day. EBay is a f'ing joke.
callou2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

Your account has no negatives or neutrals... 4.7 average on shipping time with 4.9s on the other three. Something doesn't smell right
clocsta2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Make a new eBay ID and start anew?
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #5 (permalink)

I called them the other day to find out why I haven't been able to keep a steady sellers account and she said to call paypal and find out. I asked her what the email address on paypal was that I needed to fix issues with and I was told they couldn't disclose that info to me. So they couldn't do anything...and neither can paypal...just like Snowboy incident where they wouldn't do anything bc I accidently sent gift payment from the mobile app
Old 10-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #6 (permalink)

I bet CardCop had something to do with this...
slugger3469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #7 (permalink)

This really sucks. Might be time to just sell through COMC.I have been really thinking of going this route.
babyfaceposey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #8 (permalink)

Does seem extreme, but nothing surprises me with big businesses these days, especially eBay. Half of them shoot themselves in the foot daily the other half are lazy and/or incompetent. Yet, scammers and thieves are opening new accounts daily and getting away with cash and goods. Yep, sounds like eBay to me. As much as it would suck starting from scratch, can you open another account?
webb_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clocsta2323 View Post
Your account has no negatives or neutrals... 4.7 average on shipping time with 4.9s on the other three. Something doesn't smell right
I know. I admittedly did ship items late of the 12 months, I take full responsibility for that but like you said overall my ratings are pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Yea I mean if thats what I have to do but that sucks because I do have some following on this account and I would rather not do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
I called them the other day to find out why I haven't been able to keep a steady sellers account and she said to call paypal and find out. I asked her what the email address on paypal was that I needed to fix issues with and I was told they couldn't disclose that info to me. So they couldn't do anything...and neither can paypal...just like Snowboy incident where they wouldn't do anything bc I accidently sent gift payment from the mobile app
Yea, they never give out information man, hard to know how to appeal... and they said there is no appeal on the phone btw.,

Thanks for everyone actually giving serious responses I was worried I'd get the classic forum treatment here, lol. Still looking for suggestions and people to contact. i thought maybe writing a letter would be good but don't know who it should go to. The phone clearly gets me nowhere!
Old 10-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
Axe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
This, it sounds like its your best choice, and yes Ebay is 100% unreasonable when it comes to these things. This is exactly why they need true competition, if I had the funds and no how, it would be my goal to knock them down a few notches, lol.

I guess you could always try the BBB, not sure if that would help, but may be worth a try.

Last edited by Axe; 10-11-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Axe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfaceposey View Post
This really sucks. Might be time to just sell through COMC.I have been really thinking of going this route.
I think that would be good for the lower end stuff but when i have really high end items like Bogaerts oranges and stuff I think ebay is unfortunately still the place to go if nobody bites on here. It's a necessary evil like the police or buffalo wings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webb_jr View Post
Does seem extreme, but nothing surprises me with big businesses these days, especially eBay. Half of them shoot themselves in the foot daily the other half are lazy and/or incompetent. Yet, scammers and thieves are opening new accounts daily and getting away with cash and goods. Yep, sounds like eBay to me. As much as it would suck starting from scratch, can you open another account?

I'm sure i could whether on a different card or address or w/e but what a pain in the ass after having 6 years of success and having people add my to favorite sellers and stuff like that.

ANYONE HAVE A GOOD CONTACT PERSON?
Old 10-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
I think that would be good for the lower end stuff but when i have really high end items like Bogaerts oranges and stuff I think ebay is unfortunately still the place to go if nobody bites on here. It's a necessary evil like the police or buffalo wings.
The more "good" cards that end up on COMC, the more looks they will get and the more customers they will attract. It really is a self feeding cycle.

Plus you won't have to worry about shipping on time.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #13 (permalink)

I remember there was an auction site that started about the same time as eBay. I think it was called auction universe. Their problem was they didn't police the site. Every scammer and scumbag went there because ebay loomed for that stuff. They went under and now eBay allows them. One day a competitor will come along, but until then they are the only game in town and they know it. If there is no competition they will not change. When there fees go up, we complain but why would they care? They have so many sellers that they make millions per day. I rarely sell anymore. The final value fee on the shipping was absolutely insane. All it did was drive up shipping costs to cover the fees. This is why people charge $3 shipping on a $2 card in a pwe.
callou2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #14 (permalink)

I can't stand eBay, but I love it at the same time. It's the same way that my wife feels about me.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
The more "good" cards that end up on COMC, the more looks they will get and the more customers they will attract. It really is a self feeding cycle.

Plus you won't have to worry about shipping on time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by callou2131 View Post
I remember there was an auction site that started about the same time as eBay. I think it was called auction universe. Their problem was they didn't police the site. Every scammer and scumbag went there because ebay loomed for that stuff. They went under and now eBay allows them. One day a competitor will come along, but until then they are the only game in town and they know it. If there is no competition they will not change. When there fees go up, we complain but why would they care? They have so many sellers that they make millions per day. I rarely sell anymore. The final value fee on the shipping was absolutely insane. All it did was drive up shipping costs to cover the fees. This is why people charge $3 shipping on a $2 card in a pwe.

Yea maybe the COMC thing is the way to go or maybe another site like ebay will pop up but id really like the option of being able to sell on the biggest marketplace.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #16 (permalink)

That seems really extreme. The only first hand knowledge I have of someone being banned was because they were using ebay to sell items for direct/gift payments. Were you doing that a lot? Also, did you have cases filed against you as a seller? I see where they would impose restrictions for lower star ratings, but an indefinite ban seems like there had to be something else going on. Good luck, hopefully you can get it straightened out.
ageofreason13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #17 (permalink)

Sorry to hear OP. To be brutally honest, 4.7 is pretty terrible for shipping time. If you admit that you have been shipping late, then you admit to making a mistake, and this is the repercussion that eBay has given you. Not saying it is right or wrong or fair or whatever, but on the DSR scale, having as many transactions as you do ... and considering all kinds of feedback biases ... 4.7 pretty much means that 1 out of every 10 customers has noticed that it took a really long time to get their item from you. You might have had a handful of them complain directly to eBay without contacting you.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #18 (permalink)

It was prob a combo of things(DSR, private transactions ect) that concluded with them banning you. When I started selling cards on Ebay again after atwo year break, I was horrible at it. Turning it around to where I am now took over 14 months of same day shipping, instant refunds and perfect communication. Good luck, but it sounds like a lesson you can use to keep your new account perfect. Good Luck!
Old 10-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageofreason13 View Post
That seems really extreme. The only first hand knowledge I have of someone being banned was because they were using ebay to sell items for direct/gift payments. Were you doing that a lot? Also, did you have cases filed against you as a seller? I see where they would impose restrictions for lower star ratings, but an indefinite ban seems like there had to be something else going on. Good luck, hopefully you can get it straightened out.
I'll never know but I had very very few issues, it seems the only reason is because of 1/2 star on shipping time over a 12 month period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Sorry to hear OP. To be brutally honest, 4.7 is pretty terrible for shipping time. If you admit that you have been shipping late, then you admit to making a mistake, and this is the repercussion that eBay has given you. Not saying it is right or wrong or fair or whatever, but on the DSR scale, having as many transactions as you do ... and considering all kinds of feedback biases ... 4.7 pretty much means that 1 out of every 10 customers has noticed that it took a really long time to get their item from you. You might have had a handful of them complain directly to eBay without contacting you.
I think you are 100% right but this seems way too extreme. I also see peope, with much lower than 4.7 still on ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnysBench View Post
It was prob a combo of things(DSR, private transactions ect) that concluded with them banning you. When I started selling cards on Ebay again after atwo year break, I was horrible at it. Turning it around to where I am now took over 14 months of same day shipping, instant refunds and perfect communication. Good luck, but it sounds like a lesson you can use to keep your new account perfect. Good Luck!
I hear you but it's just a shame. Ebay acts like I have committed a crime and since they are basically a monopoly, them banning me after telling me improvement would make things only get better for me if a major burden on me and I was given false hope and a blatant lie. We need ebay, if they close the doors it really impacts people who sell and they can just wipe their hands and move on.

Even if there are a few forum members who have the HAHA you made your bed no lie in it theory of life, which is terrible, I think even some of them would think this is pretty hardcore for 6 years of otherwise great performance. the punishment doesn't fit the crime.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #20 (permalink)

Seems REALLY extreme for being a couple extra business days late a few times
iconms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
I think you are 100% right but this seems way too extreme. I also see peope, with much lower than 4.7 still on ebay.
That's what makes me think someone (or several someones) reported you for something.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconms View Post
Seems REALLY extreme for being a couple extra business days late a few times
they told me it was basically the fact that it had been so long that i didn't improve. i did think i was improving but again, i make no excuses if i didn't. however i did make a true effort to rectify the situation in august and even ebay acknowledged yesterday i did improve. why would i get "restricted indefinitely without appeal or review" for improving. even people who commit crimes or file for bankruptcy get much more leniency than i am getting. don't wanna sound like a sad sack but it just is unfair.

any suggestions on how to get this account back or who to talk to are much appreciated... if i'm screwed i'm screwed but whether you like my prospect threads or not, i am a positive person on this forum and i always try to help people and hope you guys will do the same! thanks.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #23 (permalink)

I was reading more about it because I have been slow to ship on occasion. From what I can tell they have a formula they apply to sellers and if a seller drops below a certain point the system automatically bans them. The problem is the formula is based on the star ratings and it doesn't appear that there is a "manager" reviewing the sellers to be banned once the system flags them.

The issues I mentioned earlier probably had nothing to do with it. If they were banning people for completing transactions off ebay, blowout would be filled with nothing but former ebay members. Unless I am running an auction, ebay is not the only venue I use to sell items.
ageofreason13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #24 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to KeithKards

Start up a new account. Use a program called CyberGhost VPN to change your IP address so ebay won't tell it is from your same IP address.
KeithKards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageofreason13 View Post
I was reading more about it because I have been slow to ship on occasion. From what I can tell they have a formula they apply to sellers and if a seller drops below a certain point the system automatically bans them. The problem is the formula is based on the star ratings and it doesn't appear that there is a "manager" reviewing the sellers to be banned once the system flags them.

The issues I mentioned earlier probably had nothing to do with it. If they were banning people for completing transactions off ebay, blowout would be filled with nothing but former ebay members. Unless I am running an auction, ebay is not the only venue I use to sell items.
THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS. That may clear up why some people are confused. Becasue my low DSRs (12 btw not like 40!) are scattered over a 12 month period, the formula keeps me in the negative even if I have a good month or 2, the formula still holds me back. It takes time to make any real dent the way they do it. I tried to do that per the advice of the supervisor in August, made the improvement but to no avail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithKards View Post
Start up a new account. Use a program called CyberGhost VPN to change your IP address so ebay won't tell it is from your same IP address.
ok if i can't figure this out, i'll try that thanks.