Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anyone had this USPS problem?

I always ship through paypal and drop the packages off at the drop box at the local grocery store. I have never had any issues until now.

I dropped 2 packages off on Wednesday. There has been no update on the more expensive package out of the 2 ($125 card). The other package I dropped off along with the $125 card made it to it's destination with no problems.

Should I hit the panic button yet? Or in some cases is there a delay in the tracking updates? The package is insured, but that won't do me any good if it was never scanned.

Just looking for some input here...

UPDATE: 10/21

So I decided to refund the buyer after a week of nothing showing up. That was last week. So today I decided to check the DC# and it shows it as being delivered today! So I call the buyer and he denies that he received anything. Don't want to call him a liar, but that seems odd. He says he'll call me tomorrow and maybe it will show up tomorrow. hmmmm.

So my question is if tomorrow he calls and he still says nothing showed up...what do I do? Since I already refunded him will that hurt me? I have proof of our messages so it will be clear as to why I refunded him..Any input would help!

ALSO BUYING LARGE LOTS FOR RESALE (90'S INSERTS PREFFERED)

Last edited by Brandt504; 10-21-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Brandt504 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

I've actually had that happen a few times. Tracking never got uploaded until it got delivered days later..

Don't panic.
Sdog77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

What was the expected delivery date on the package that hasn't been scanned yet? I wouldn't worry, USPS doesn't always scan the package until it gets to the destination city or is out for delivery.
millertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

Never create an issue until the buyer does. Sometimes packages do not get scanned until delivery. It is call Delivery Confirmation after all. Some never even get scanned when they get delivered either. By panicking and alerting the buyer they may have gotten it and are happy with it and may not have even looked at the tracking number. If you alert them they may decide to take advantage of the situation.
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
Never create an issue until the buyer does. Sometimes packages do not get scanned until delivery. It is call Delivery Confirmation after all. Some never even get scanned when they get delivered either. By panicking and alerting the buyer they may have gotten it and are happy with it and may not have even looked at the tracking number. If you alert them they may decide to take advantage of the situation.
My thought exactly. I haven't said anything to the buyer. I didn't want to bring it up if they actually have the card and have them pull a fast one on me.

Old 10-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

I ran into a similar problem about a month ago. I put three padded mailers in my mailbox on my way out to work, two of them were scanned as usual but the third one was never scanned or showed up in the USPS system. Unfortunately the package never showed up so I had to refund my buyer, take a neutral rating and couple sub-par DSR ratings and lose a $30 card in the process... hopefully you don't run into the same situation!
nmculbreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmculbreth View Post
I ran into a similar problem about a month ago. I put three padded mailers in my mailbox on my way out to work, two of them were scanned as usual but the third one was never scanned or showed up in the USPS system. Unfortunately the package never showed up so I had to refund my buyer, take a neutral rating and couple sub-par DSR ratings and lose a $30 card in the process... hopefully you don't run into the same situation!
Ugh..I didn't want to hear that. It makes me where missing packages go?

Old 10-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandt504 View Post
Ugh..I didn't want to hear that. It makes me where missing packages go?
In all likelihood it's fine and will show up somepoint down the line like the others have said.

I contacted my local post office to try and see if it was misplaced locally and struck out on that front but the postal supervisor that I spoke with said that if a package loses its label in transit that they're sent to a central location in Atlanta which opens the packages and tries to get the contents back to the original sender... so if it has a packing slip (which mine did) it could theoretically end up getting shipped back at some point down the line.
nmculbreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

i have had issues where the dc # is good but no activity until it was delivered. I would give it a few
Old 10-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

Buyer just contacted me this morning...No package. He has hit his panic button...Ugh

Old 10-16-2013, 11:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

Out of 1,000 plus transactions on ebay I have had this happen 3 times. Most recent I was the buyer and the card was purchased in march. The seller swore that he shipped but it never updated.
I JUST received it this week! 7 months later. I looked at the label and sure enough it was printed on 03/21/13.

I wonder how often this happens on refunded deals that are long forgotten by the seller???
Old 10-16-2013, 11:37 PM   #12 (permalink)

95% of these were miscut on the top! look one side has a thicker border than the other. Use a toploader.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:40 PM   #13 (permalink)

UPDATE: 10/21

So I decided to refund the buyer after a week of nothing showing up. That was last week. So today I decided to check the DC# and it shows it as being delivered today! So I call the buyer and he denies that he received anything. Don't want to call him a liar, but that seems odd. He says he'll call me tomorrow and maybe it will show u tomorrow. hmmmm.

SO my question is if tomorrow he calls and he still says nothing showed up...what do I do? Since I already refunded him will that hurt me? I have proof of our messages so it will be clear as to why I refunded him..Any input would help!

Old 10-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #14 (permalink)

If denies it there is nothing you can do about it. The package shows delivered so you have proof he got it but paypal will tell you that they can not do anything and you should have had them open a "non receipt " case
Old 10-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #15 (permalink)

If you have a DC saying item was "Delivered". I believe it will be very difficult to the buyer win a claim. Just get ready to receive a Negative in retaliation. If they loose a claim a leave a Negative feedback then try to contact eBay to erase the unfair feedback. If eBay doesn't erase the Negative just answer the feedback with a polite answer.
Kane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #16 (permalink)

Did you refund by opening a case with Ebay/paypal ? Because if you did, and its now confirmed delivered you can appeal I believe... and should win... appeals are for this reason, sometimes it wont show delivered for a month or longer if it was lost or mis directed... I would call Ebay ASAP... also tell the buyer its FRAUD and a felony if they are lying... and show him proof from United states Postal Service that THEY CONFIRMED IT WAS DELIVERED TO HIS ADDRESS ON SUCH AND SUCH A DATE... hope you get your $ back!

Last edited by cardsharkk; 10-22-2013 at 02:55 PM.
cardsharkk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #17 (permalink)

oh man Brandt! I hope this works out for you. At least there is a glimmer of hope here!!!