Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 05:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default My post office says they can't scan PayPal shipping labels

I don't use PayPal shipping much (I know I should) but I did on a few packages the other day and when I took them in and asked them to scan them they said they couldn't. They said they are no longer allowed to and I have to print a seperate bar code that they can scan. I don't remember ever seeing any options to print one out.

What was she talking about?
Jiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

Doesn't make much sense to me. I dropped two mailers in the parcel bin at the PO last week and was able to track the shipment on both by clicking on the tracking number in My Ebay. They were scanned at the origination and destination points.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

No idea. I had 6 packages yesterday and all of them are in the system.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

talk to the branch postmaster to confirm. you just might have gotten a pissy worker.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

I thought also that maybe the woman either didn't know or didn't want to mess with it. I had to go back today and I asked another guy, he said the very same thing. It must just be my post office then. He gave me more info, basically the same thing she said, but he mentioned something about a manifest. It may also only be in the multiple shipping labels option because he said something about 1 barcode will confirm shipping on all packages, no matter how many.
Jiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default I heard...

To save money the post office may stop delivering on Saturdays nationwide or just not deliver to Indiana, Idaho, Iowa, and the town of Islip in Long Island.

Okay, had to joke around but... maybe your post office has a problem with their scanning system. Are there any other post offices close enough to try?

My Paypal labels get dropped in a variety of boxes throughout the NY area when I'm traveling and none have ever come back.

Good Luck,
Vinny
Old 03-03-2010, 08:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

I print labels at home and each one has a bar code. I usually just drop them in a mail box somewhere or let the work mail room drop them off. I hardly ever actually go into a post office and deal with a person. Not sure what is going on at your PO. If I were you I'd just drop them in a mailbox or at one of the satellite post offices if you have any near you. I just had a first class package go from AZ to FL in 2 days! Now that is shipping at it's best.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

The post office is correct. They are not supposed to scan your packages upon you delivering them to the post office. They are supposed to be scaned upon delivery to the customer. This is why the rate is .19 and not .65 (or what ever the current rate is). Its Electronic Delivery Confirmation.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
The post office is correct. They are not supposed to scan your packages upon you delivering them to the post office. They are supposed to be scaned upon delivery to the customer. This is why the rate is .19 and not .65 (or what ever the current rate is). Its Electronic Delivery Confirmation.
Actually not true Robert. The post office has even added software to make scanning the packages easier, by scanning the package it gets into the system immediately and the buyer is able to track the package. Then the package is scanned upon delivery to prove delivery.

My post office said that the fact they are not supposed to scan the packages is absolutely not true, however they do have the right to decline doing so.

The separate scan they are speaking of is the second part of the label. You can choose to print or not to print this part of the label. If they are requiring you to provide a separate scan you can do so easily from PayPal.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

With the USPS claiming to losing money and laying off workers left and right, I find this whole on-line postage thing to be a joke. I can understand giving a discount but that's a pretty big discount considering DC is .80 there. Why not charge .50 on line ? People printing on-line are still getting a discount and it might save a job or two. I'm all for saving a few jobs these days.

Kind of like the news papers crying about declining sales and that people have stopped buying newspapers.....well I guess so when they can go on any new paper's FREE web site and read it there.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:42 AM   #11 (permalink)

Haven't used it in awhile, but there should be a checkbox somewhere in Paypal shipping for a SCAN form (5630).

More information here:
USPS - Click-N-Ship SCAN Forms
powderkeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:07 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
With the USPS claiming to losing money and laying off workers left and right, I find this whole on-line postage thing to be a joke. I can understand giving a discount but that's a pretty big discount considering DC is .80 there. Why not charge .50 on line ? People printing on-line are still getting a discount and it might save a job or two. I'm all for saving a few jobs these days.

Kind of like the news papers crying about declining sales and that people have stopped buying newspapers.....well I guess so when they can go on any new paper's FREE web site and read it there.
Yeah, that's the answer raise prices. Their online prices are probably what's keeping them from sinking totally, they start raising those and we will subsidizing them even more through our taxes.
toppsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:15 AM   #13 (permalink)

I have always had this problem with my local PO. I have gone to the Postmaster and still can not get anywhere.

If I use paypal postage, my PO will NOT scan it in, so it sits as post info recieved. I ask why they wont scan them, and the response from the Manager was, you did not purchase the postage here, we will not scan it in! I fought this for over a year and then finally gave up when some of my packages were not showing up!

But basically the Postmaster told me is every local PO can set their own rules and we have to live by them...

If you're ripping and flipping EVERYTHING these days in the hopes of making money you're just pissing in the wind every 99 out of 100 cases. - BAMBAM
coltman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Nice young girl at my local PO scans them in when I drop them off.

Crank old broad and guy who looks like a level 3 sex offender do not.

I ALWAYS go to nice young girl. I even bring her a Dunkin Donuts Hot Chocolate once in a while too.

It's nice to have helpful people@!
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:14 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toppsman View Post
Yeah, that's the answer raise prices. Their online prices are probably what's keeping them from sinking totally, they start raising those and we will subsidizing them even more through our taxes.
Huh ? If you take it from the USPO's perspective like I was in my post, why did they offer their on-line service at such a lower rate to begin with ? No reason to have DC at .19 on-line when charging .80 at the office. They could have charged .40 on-line from the start and I'm sure people would have still used it. Postage stamps go up and people still buy them so even if they raise the on-line DC to .30 its still a far cry from .80 at the office. Again IF it saves jobs for the working man and its NOT going into some CEO's bonus I'm all for it.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS

Last edited by BAMBAM; 03-04-2010 at 05:06 PM. Reason: forgot the word NOT
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote