Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #76 (permalink)

So far this month sales have been back to about what I was doing in May and June of this year though just 10 days is a small sample and sold a 1955 Bowman Mantle that certainly skews the numbers.

But hopeful as prospect lists continue to pour out.
decabo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #77 (permalink)

My sales have really picked up this last week or so - I'd been selling a couple cards a day and now it's between 5-10 per day. Wide range of stuff as well...cheapies and some stuff in the $15-$30 range.

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
If you ask for a price/make an offer - please have the courtesy to respond.
Swipe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #78 (permalink)

yea I had a really good day a few days ago and pretty good week overall and am running a special (well only really on here I posted a 20% auto accept) so I'm hoping for some more sales today.

on a similar topic aside from here where else is the best way to advertise specials like that. Because with the exception of clicking an item and putting in an offer I can't think of a way to tell if someone is running an auto-accept special.
smit5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #79 (permalink)

My sales have been decent, selling 1-2 cards each day, only have 500 total cards
phillies347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #80 (permalink)

Didnt read through the whole thread yet...

....but I am buying less.

I really think prices are too high. I usually use the site to be able to buy a bunch low end base cards for TTM. Some cards are way to highly priced, both low end to high end.

If I am COMC, Im not sure how you get people to lower their prices. I do know I have a lot of low-mid end cards that I would sell if I didnt have to pay a fee up front. I would literally be happy with any money I would get back, but I refuse to put money up front. I think if they got rid of that, the low end would be much cheaper, and COMC would sell for more

*Looking for Pistol Pete Maravich Autographs or other rare HOFers
SPauthentic84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #81 (permalink)

My sales at the first week of the this month was good
2nd week was way down

70K Cards !!! Selling all my stuff in COMC, ANY OFFERS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
Lots of High-end cards: Basketball, Football, Baseball, Hockey, etc
coolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:58 AM   #82 (permalink)

My sales has been amazing the past two months. This month I have been selling at least 5 cards per day and I only have about 1000 items up there. There appears to be a special at their Canada warehouse where they have processing fees at 20 cents per card.

Here are the details I got off their blog. Apparantly, its open to non-canadian residents as well, as long as you ship it to the Canada warehouse and not the U.S. warehouse.

COMC Consignment
4311 Canada Way
Burnaby BC V5G 1J3
Canada

The Special:

$0.20 per raw trading or gaming card
$0.50 per graded, encased, or jumbo card as well as any other supported collectible
User Account not required to be funded at the time of shipment (account still required to be funded before cards are uploaded)
Cards in penny sleeves are acceptable
Cards in toploaders and cards requiring condition notes subject to $0.05 handling fee per card
Maximum 5000 cards per household
Minimum 25 cards
Cards will be live within 10 weeks of receipt of shipment
All shipments must be postmarked no later than Nov 29, 2013
Mark your package “Canadian Fall Promotion”
Non-Canadians are welcome to use this special but will be responsible for all customs and duties associated with the submission.

COMC Canada also continues to support all regular services at this time in addition to this special except for consignment of comic books & magazines and COMC Mailbox.

Unlock Another Special Offer in time for Black Friday:

By taking advantage of our One Month Processing or our Fall Promotion Special, consigners with 200 or more cards can designate 20% of their submission to our 2-Week Processing at the One Month Processing Rate. This will allow sellers to segregate cards they want on the site for sale in time for Black Friday November 29, 2013. Simply label 20% of your submission as 2-Week Processing and the remaining 80% as One Month or Canadian Fall Promotion. Submissions of 2-week processing on its own will be processed as 2-Week processing at it’s regular price of $0.35 per regular sized item. Cards must arrive (ie. not postmarked) before 11:00am November 14, 2013 at our Canadian Office to allow us to process them before Black Friday.
reignman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #83 (permalink)

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm guessing that shipping a bunch of cards to Canada would probably be pretty expensive...and not sure how customs and the rest work but we would also be expected to pay any customs/duties associated with the shipment.

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
If you ask for a price/make an offer - please have the courtesy to respond.
Swipe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:09 PM   #84 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I recently purchased 5 cards from COMC to complete my Heritage Minor League Master Set. Other than that, I don't do a lot of buying from there, unelss I'm trying to skate their cash out fees.
tajikey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:43 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
I recently purchased 5 cards from COMC to complete my Heritage Minor League Master Set. Other than that, I don't do a lot of buying from there, unelss I'm trying to skate their cash out fees.
I've been trying to buy some non sports but it's slim pickins these days. Agreed on the cash out. I love COMC, but that 20% is lone shark high.
CollectorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #86 (permalink)

As a seller, November started off hot for me. $29.77 in sales 7 cards, $31.50 bookvalue 5.25 avg bv 69% off. Doesn't seem like much but considering I only have a port of less than 600 cards and it is a lot of lower end refractors and stuff it was that bad. (The bulk of the sales came from a 20, 4 and 3.96 purchase)

However, that did not last long. I haven't sold a card or even had an offer since Nov. 7th
Buying all past and present Braves (in a Braves Uniform or in their system when the card was made). Also, looking for Falcons and UGA & GT Football Alumni (A.J. Green, Calvin Johnson, Matt Stafford, etc) http://s1358.photobucket.com/albums/q763/blakesbucketofphotos/ COMC account 800+ cards lowest prices on the site.
btmcrushers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:41 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by btmcrushers View Post
As a seller, November started off hot for me. $29.77 in sales 7 cards, $31.50 bookvalue 5.25 avg bv 69% off. Doesn't seem like much but considering I only have a port of less than 600 cards and it is a lot of lower end refractors and stuff it was that bad. (The bulk of the sales came from a 20, 4 and 3.96 purchase)

However, that did not last long. I haven't sold a card or even had an offer since Nov. 7th
Yeah I had a very hard time recently which is why I went with the port sale. I barely broke even on the last one. Too many changes combined with higher prices on everything, has really ruined what was once a very brilliant alternative to Ebay. With 20% cash out and lack of good submissions, doubles in the thousands of worthless cards (Wacky & Garbage Pail Kids, Base vets I'm looking at you) it's really sunk the site IMO. Not to mention the wonderful sellers who raise the price on the item, after you submit a offer. They decline and raise the price. Terrible. Very very sad to say.

Sometimes I'll go throw pages and pages of cards not worth $1 overpriced and I know haven't had offers in months. Maybe ever. I've seen some users overprice some cards in order to get extra looks on the port they have. (COMC has recently tried to correct and stop this practice. Bravo to them for caring, unlike Ebay.)

Traffic, buying, selling are all way down IMO. Which hurts everyone, including COMC. I've been a big fan of COMC since I started and understand that with growth, prices will go up. I just don't think it's worked to anyone's advantage from a seller or buyers POV. Why would anyone submit a mid-high end card to COMC now with the new competing Vault site? Which means less eyes, and a bunch of low end cards after it's picked clean by the vultures.

Unfortunately, I don't see myself submitting anything else unless some discounts or good changes happen. I was even interested in trying the Comic, coin, magazines too but I don't see the point now after doing a little Q & A with users that have tried it. Again, I love COMC way more than EBay or any other collecting site. They have been fantastic to me. I just have no filter. I want to see growth for everyone, not just the bottom line of COMC.

Please consider some changes COMC. I say that with love.
CollectorMan is offline   Reply With Quote