Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2014, 01:01 PM   #176 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Beaverton, OR
Posts: 2,213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBeavs View Post
Today will mark 3 weeks since I submitted under the new setup. Nothing is live yet. Most of the batch were hot cards at the time of submission (Prizm Basketball & Chrome FB), but now not so much. I'm a little bit disappointed as I thought the newer stuff would get processed quicker. Though I'm still probably going to send in a bunch of Series 1 tomorrow.
Most of my batch (maybe all) posted Friday night at 10 PM. I still haven't been able to price it all because of yesterday's show, but that's on me. A bunch of what I had priced already sold. So I'm pretty happy.

Funny sidenote. I apparently priced some cards way below value. Within minutes of pricing them I was getting flooded with lowball offers. Why they didn't just snag them at the listed price I don't know. After quick search on Ebay sales, I was able to correct the prices. Even sold a couple of the corrected ones already. So, Thank you lowballers
__________________
I collect all Oregon State alumni.

Auto accepting 20% off at COMC.
GoBeavs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:55 PM   #177 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,311
Default

You know someone here is going to come in crying about you declining their offers then raising prices.
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:07 AM   #178 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
nordy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,196
Default

Well to much surprise I also had a partial order load.....if they can keep this up I will be fully back on board with them.....maybe the ship is headed in the right direction....
__________________
nordy22 on breakers.tv
@nordy22 on twitter
nordy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:48 AM   #179 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Beaverton, OR
Posts: 2,213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
You know someone here is going to come in crying about you declining their offers then raising prices.
Oh, most definitely. Though I never understood that complaint. If you see a steal, grab it. Don't mess around with offers and let someone else beat you to it.
__________________
I collect all Oregon State alumni.

Auto accepting 20% off at COMC.
GoBeavs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:46 PM   #180 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 1,501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordy22 View Post
Well to much surprise I also had a partial order load.....if they can keep this up I will be fully back on board with them.....maybe the ship is headed in the right direction....
I had the same thing - I sent in about 800 cards, and 200 of them were uploaded on Saturday. They arrived on January 21, so pretty quick turnaround there!
lisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #181 (permalink)
Member
 
cross4444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 716
Default

I'll be that guy.

There was a 2013 Gypsy Queen mini Don Mattingly I needed for my set that I made an offer on this morning. The card was listed at $1.25, minimum offer was somewhere around $.75, I offered $1. The guy rejects it and jacks his price up to around $2.25. I say okay and offer the minimum which was around $1.40. My fault for making an offer, should have bought it outright in the first place. The guy counters me with $2.20. I came back with $1.75, he outright rejects it. I ended up buying the same card for $.25 more from the next lowest priced seller to spite him.

If you're going to allow offers down to 50%, at least consider fair offers. It was my fault for getting greedy over a quarter I guess, but it did turn into an epic COMC offer vs counteroffer pissing match.
cross4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:21 PM   #182 (permalink)
Member
 
amazingpacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cross4444 View Post
I'll be that guy.

There was a 2013 Gypsy Queen mini Don Mattingly I needed for my set that I made an offer on this morning. The card was listed at $1.25, minimum offer was somewhere around $.75, I offered $1. The guy rejects it and jacks his price up to around $2.25. I say okay and offer the minimum which was around $1.40. My fault for making an offer, should have bought it outright in the first place. The guy counters me with $2.20. I came back with $1.75, he outright rejects it. I ended up buying the same card for $.25 more from the next lowest priced seller to spite him.

If you're going to allow offers down to 50%, at least consider fair offers. It was my fault for getting greedy over a quarter I guess, but it did turn into an epic COMC offer vs counteroffer pissing match.

atleast you a good sport about it.
__________________
COMC : prices so low i need to raise them .
COMC : Make offers on Higher Priced Cards Thru PM, Price will be adjusted accordingly .[/B]!
"your boss is watching, get back to work"
amazingpacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:46 AM   #183 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Beaverton, OR
Posts: 2,213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cross4444 View Post
I'll be that guy.

There was a 2013 Gypsy Queen mini Don Mattingly I needed for my set that I made an offer on this morning. The card was listed at $1.25, minimum offer was somewhere around $.75, I offered $1. The guy rejects it and jacks his price up to around $2.25. I say okay and offer the minimum which was around $1.40. My fault for making an offer, should have bought it outright in the first place. The guy counters me with $2.20. I came back with $1.75, he outright rejects it. I ended up buying the same card for $.25 more from the next lowest priced seller to spite him.

If you're going to allow offers down to 50%, at least consider fair offers. It was my fault for getting greedy over a quarter I guess, but it did turn into an epic COMC offer vs counteroffer pissing match.
That's a little different. That guy is just messing with you for whatever reason. I'm talking about when a card is hot/new. In most cases I'll even give a counter back at no higher than the original amount to give them one more chance.

edit: I guess I can understand the complaint at times then. Obivously some sellers can take it too far.
__________________
I collect all Oregon State alumni.

Auto accepting 20% off at COMC.

Last edited by GoBeavs; 02-04-2014 at 01:00 AM.
GoBeavs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:43 PM   #184 (permalink)
Member
 
amazingpacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,031
Default

Do you all put insurance on larger value submission? i usually put $1000 insurance but i think about it, i should be putting $2000 or more. what if something happens to the shipment?

i was putting a shipment together this weekend and i estimate the true value is over $3000 selling value(some flawless, psa 10 jordan relic, psa 10 stuff).

Are you not afraid something might get lost?
__________________
COMC : prices so low i need to raise them .
COMC : Make offers on Higher Priced Cards Thru PM, Price will be adjusted accordingly .[/B]!
"your boss is watching, get back to work"
amazingpacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:24 PM   #185 (permalink)
Member
 
aja3217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Big Ten Country!
Posts: 1,388
Default

After reading all responses -- I decided to take another shot at COMC and sent 118 cards. Hopefully they'll sell well (all $5-10 refractors from Topps Chrome). I've enjoyed reading everyone's opinions!
__________________
Bucket: http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/drew724/library/
PC Bucket - Luck/Manning/Wayne/Votto: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/drew724/library/Personal%20Collection
aja3217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:26 PM   #186 (permalink)
Member
 
sthoemke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 2,381
Default

Now you don't pay submission fees until the cards are processed. I'd think that would help encourge the speeding up of submission time.
__________________
Signature goes here
sthoemke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:36 PM   #187 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 124
Default

Moe, if you're still reading this thread:

I have a batch processing, when it got to 25% I had about 200 cards I could price. It's at 55% now with no new cards added. Will the cards going live as scanned be all the time? Or just randomly? (Just curious, not trying to troll)
jrod7290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:17 PM   #188 (permalink)
Member
 
Swipe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Coeur d'Alene, ID
Posts: 3,722
Default

If you read the newest blog post, I think it gives an idea of how it works. I remember reading something about cards popping mostly on Fridays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod7290 View Post
Moe, if you're still reading this thread:

I have a batch processing, when it got to 25% I had about 200 cards I could price. It's at 55% now with no new cards added. Will the cards going live as scanned be all the time? Or just randomly? (Just curious, not trying to troll)
__________________

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:37 PM   #189 (permalink)
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Central PA
Posts: 10,302
Default

You did nothing wrong in this situation. I feel that it is poor selling behavior to raise your price after you get an offer simply to spite a prospective buyer. Joelshitshow is famous for doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cross4444 View Post
I'll be that guy.

There was a 2013 Gypsy Queen mini Don Mattingly I needed for my set that I made an offer on this morning. The card was listed at $1.25, minimum offer was somewhere around $.75, I offered $1. The guy rejects it and jacks his price up to around $2.25. I say okay and offer the minimum which was around $1.40. My fault for making an offer, should have bought it outright in the first place. The guy counters me with $2.20. I came back with $1.75, he outright rejects it. I ended up buying the same card for $.25 more from the next lowest priced seller to spite him.

If you're going to allow offers down to 50%, at least consider fair offers. It was my fault for getting greedy over a quarter I guess, but it did turn into an epic COMC offer vs counteroffer pissing match.
__________________
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:29 PM   #190 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
If you read the newest blog post, I think it gives an idea of how it works. I remember reading something about cards popping mostly on Fridays.
Yep, answers my question. Thanks
jrod7290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:48 PM   #191 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod7290 View Post
Moe, if you're still reading this thread:

I have a batch processing, when it got to 25% I had about 200 cards I could price. It's at 55% now with no new cards added. Will the cards going live as scanned be all the time? Or just randomly? (Just curious, not trying to troll)
TROLL!!!

(just kidding...)

Seriously, I do my best to read all the COMC-based threads but I'm flying solo in the customer service office today, as most of the office is lost in the downtown Seattle area - something about a parade or something?

As for those progress percentages, those were written for the old system when we processed a batch all at once. Now that we have a new system (as Tim vaguely details in his latest blog post) the old software isn't totally compatible - so the percentages are a little off.

I hope this helps, and I'd really recommend checking the blog. I wish I was a little more helpful, but (like I said) I'm all alone in the customer service office and I'm a little tweaked right now...
__________________
Moe,
Customer Relations Agent for COMC
MoeCOMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:12 AM   #192 (permalink)
Member
 
Mrpokey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,830
Default

My biggest complains on the site:

1) Since Beckett pricing was removed, sales have dropped off drastically, not just for me but for many people I've talked to. When BV was listed, people thought they were getting a deal, not without it, sales have slumped

2) I have a ton of PSA and BGS cards I'd like to send in, but it's to expensive to do it. Say I want to send in (10) Trevor Bauer Bowman Chrome Auto's BGS 9.5/10, I have to mail them to them and insure it. Then it's $1 per card to add to the site, thats another $10, then if I cash out thats a 20% hit. $1 a graded card + shipping + insurance + waiting for the card to get added to your account just isn't worth it, for anything other then junk inserts/base/refractors, etc

3) If I'm getting charged $.25 a card for every card I buy, that should cover shipping when I want my cards. I mean if I buy 100 cards, thats $25 in shipping, It won't cost anywhere near that to ship those cards. I'm getting charged to ship cards in and get cards sent to me, seems like it should be one or the other, not both

4) Something needs to be done about the sellers asking silly prices for junk. I'm making a few sets, and buying even base from there is silly.

2001 Upper Deck #1 - Tiger Woods RC (Rookie Card) [PSA 7] - COMC

2001 Upper Deck Tiger Woods Rc PSA 7 = $12.90

Here's Ebay pricing:

4 Ct Lot 2001 Upper Deck Golf 1 Tiger Woods RC PSA 8 | eBay

a 4 count lot of 2001 Upper Deck Tiger Rc's ALL PSA 8 for $8.27

1 grade better, 4 times the cards and 2/3 the price. This was just the 1st example that came to mind, but there's tons like this.
__________________
Currently looking for:
2012 Sp Game Used Retro Rookies Auto - Golf
Bowman Chrome Prospect Auto's
Supercollecting Dillon Overton
Mrpokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:43 PM   #193 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Plano TX
Posts: 247
Default

It's funny but since Beckett Pricing went away, my sales have been very strong.

But it will take me a ton more time to price any of my new submissions to COMC. Because my time is limited, that was the biggest advantage of the Beckett pricing. I did not have to root around to find EBay pricing, etc.

Rich
sabrgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:50 PM   #194 (permalink)
Member
 
Swipe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Coeur d'Alene, ID
Posts: 3,722
Default

The last three months on COMC have been the best I have had while selling there. BV played no role in that.

1) Your port only has 16 cards...that may be a reason for a drop off in sales. Most people I know have seen strong sales beginning in November.

2) Just like the lower end stuff - make sure you send in only want you want to sell at that price. Take into consideration all of the elements you stated.

3) No one ever takes all the costs into consideration. Sure postage and materials may only account for a small chunk of it. There is also the employee who needs to pick and package the item. In an inventory with over eight million cards, I would guess it would take a little while.

4) It's been talked about a lot - nothing can be done about it. If it is priced appropriately, it will sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpokey View Post
My biggest complains on the site:

1) Since Beckett pricing was removed, sales have dropped off drastically, not just for me but for many people I've talked to. When BV was listed, people thought they were getting a deal, not without it, sales have slumped

2) I have a ton of PSA and BGS cards I'd like to send in, but it's to expensive to do it. Say I want to send in (10) Trevor Bauer Bowman Chrome Auto's BGS 9.5/10, I have to mail them to them and insure it. Then it's $1 per card to add to the site, thats another $10, then if I cash out thats a 20% hit. $1 a graded card + shipping + insurance + waiting for the card to get added to your account just isn't worth it, for anything other then junk inserts/base/refractors, etc

3) If I'm getting charged $.25 a card for every card I buy, that should cover shipping when I want my cards. I mean if I buy 100 cards, thats $25 in shipping, It won't cost anywhere near that to ship those cards. I'm getting charged to ship cards in and get cards sent to me, seems like it should be one or the other, not both

4) Something needs to be done about the sellers asking silly prices for junk. I'm making a few sets, and buying even base from there is silly.

2001 Upper Deck #1 - Tiger Woods RC (Rookie Card) [PSA 7] - COMC

2001 Upper Deck Tiger Woods Rc PSA 7 = $12.90

Here's Ebay pricing:

4 Ct Lot 2001 Upper Deck Golf 1 Tiger Woods RC PSA 8 | eBay

a 4 count lot of 2001 Upper Deck Tiger Rc's ALL PSA 8 for $8.27

1 grade better, 4 times the cards and 2/3 the price. This was just the 1st example that came to mind, but there's tons like this.
__________________

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:12 PM   #195 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: None of your damn business
Posts: 8,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
The last three months on COMC have been the best I have had while selling there. BV played no role in that.

1) Your port only has 16 cards...that may be a reason for a drop off in sales. Most people I know have seen strong sales beginning in November.

2) Just like the lower end stuff - make sure you send in only want you want to sell at that price. Take into consideration all of the elements you stated.

3) No one ever takes all the costs into consideration. Sure postage and materials may only account for a small chunk of it. There is also the employee who needs to pick and package the item. In an inventory with over eight million cards, I would guess it would take a little while.

4) It's been talked about a lot - nothing can be done about it. If it is priced appropriately, it will sell.
Sixteen cards and sales have "dropped off drastically". I missed that part until you pointed it out, f'n classic.

My sales have been pretty good. Last month was my best ever both in terms of total sales and percent off of BV. No arguements from me on that front at all. My strategic decision to rush three submissions in under the old rules has backfired though. Today is day 30 on the first and they still aren't live. Others that have used the new system have been seeing clumps go live in as little as a week. This was my fault and mine alone.

I look forward to the new way with the exception of the $50 penalty. To me that is just asinine. They are penalizing people that put higher quality cards on their site which draws traffic. I'll just never understand that. Everyone complains about all of the crap commons but how is that going to be fixed when they discourage anything of decent value? It is impossible to completely please all people. I'm still all in on COMC but also still concerned and unhappy ish.
__________________
I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".
jmscoggin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:00 PM   #196 (permalink)
BlowoutTV
 
houdini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East Coast
Posts: 18,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrgeek View Post
It's funny but since Beckett Pricing went away, my sales have been very strong.

But it will take me a ton more time to price any of my new submissions to COMC. Because my time is limited, that was the biggest advantage of the Beckett pricing. I did not have to root around to find EBay pricing, etc.

Rich
Rich,

I am not sure how you are pricing your cards, but here is how I fly through a 2000 card submission. (This does not work if you have the only card available or your internet/computer is from 2002. )

Go to your page listing all your cards for pricing. The default is 10 per page so bump that up to 50.

No, instead of slogging through this list, click each item number in a new tab. I do 50 at a time, but my Internet is pretty fast.

Now go through each tab and price your cards based on what is already there. Also, so far, my new cards are still showing Beckett pricing on this page, but I am sure that is going to change. Still, you don't need it - just price your cards based on the others already there.

Now, for unique and rare cards, you probably still have to check eBay. For cards that have a couple up already, just beat/match that price.

You can also catch another's pricing mistake this way. Are all the cards listed at $4 and 1 card at $0.75? If eBay backs up the ~$4 price, you can buy the cheap one and relist it.
__________________
Ustream Link
Breakers.TV Link
houdini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:13 PM   #197 (permalink)
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Central PA
Posts: 10,302
Default

You are venturing into some dangerous waters if you think the folks here will understand personal responsibility that you demonsrated. It is so much easier to complain why their crap does not sell on COMC, why COMC postage should be free, why sellers are jerks for their asking prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
This was my fault and mine alone.
__________________
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:17 PM   #198 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa.
Posts: 304
Default

The price complainers are lowballers anyway so who cares....I will price my cards at whatever I want as long as they are owned by me. I have no problem with sales as I sell between 25-40 cards a day. If I see a card that i want and it is priced high I either buy it or I pass...seems like a pretty easy concept.
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:22 PM   #199 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa.
Posts: 304
Default

And as for the guy that said it scares off potential buyers and customers that makes absolutely no sense since most cards on COMC are priced pretty low since there are 9 zillion cards on the site.
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:08 PM   #200 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,829
Default

One question I have for some sellers is why not make a counter offer? It seems like sometimes sellers just reject offers and don't bother with a counter. It is not like a low ball offer either. I am talking about low end cards. Since I started selling, I always consider offers and will usually sell any card in my port for less than what they are at. I just feel like they can sell so much more if they counter.
__________________
Always looking for Andrew McCutchen, 1975 Topps, and Mickey Mantle Home Run History Cards!!!
Albums:
I WILL BE AWAY UNTIL AUGUST!!!!
elijahdf11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.