Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2014, 12:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Default Anyone else disappointed with COMC???

The new processing system is garbage in my opinion. Unless they prove me wrong im assuming they will take the majority of the 8 weeks in the 2-8 week option. I always used the 2 week and didn't mind paying .35, but I will not pay a $1 to get cards processed that I usually sell for around the $1 dollar range, anyone else have any thoughts on this??? Or I am just being negative and should be concerned............
Old 01-24-2014, 12:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

I dont think standard will be 8 weeks.

Please lemme know if you have anything Jimmer Fredette!
RandysHobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

I don't think your the onlty one as it doesn't see to be many new things listed ,looks to me that less cards are being sent in
superjames27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'll have to try the new processing before assuming I'm disappointed with it. I just read about the simplified processing after seeing this post though, kind of came as a shock.
Jayhawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

I also don't like the idea that you have to send in a minimum of 100 cards. Most of the time I send 50-75 cards; now I'll have to wait longer to build up enough to send in.
peterose4hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawkaholic View Post
I'll have to try the new processing before assuming I'm disappointed with it. I just read about the simplified processing after seeing this post though, kind of came as a shock.
This really comes down to me not having an option for less than a month without paying out my ass, just frustrated and venting................
Old 01-24-2014, 12:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
XL5

I'm about to send in a submission. I like the idea behind it, we'll see how it works in practice. I'm fine with my less popular cards taking a bit longer than potential hot sellers.

It's in COMC's best interest to get the most sellable cards up first and it's in mine too. If they're willing to sort and separate based on sellability, that's fine by me.

And anything over $20 or so I'll send in for Premium service for the quick turn around.

Now if they could just move all that Amazon traffic directly to COMC it would be great. I'm going to have to price everything up 20% just to avoid a potential Amazon hit.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

I've never used them to sell, but reading over the structure is seems like a racket to me. You have to pay out the wazoo just to get your cards posted for .35. Seems like it would take a lot of selling just to break even. I'd rather trade into my LCS for less and save the upfront money
phizeta564 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phizeta564 View Post
I've never used them to sell, but reading over the structure is seems like a racket to me. You have to pay out the wazoo just to get your cards posted for .35. Seems like it would take a lot of selling just to break even. I'd rather trade into my LCS for less and save the upfront money
Not too mention their ridiculous cash out fee.
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

I just submitted some cards last week with the new "Basic" setting and I'm interested to see how long it really takes to get everything posted.
Amberkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:01 PM   #11 (permalink)

I think it's a wait-and-see thing. Hopefully the 8 weeks is a worst-case scenario that never happens and the cards are processed as quick as they used to be.

It hasn't made any difference to my thoughts about where I want to sell my cards though. They'll still be getting all of them.
VeedonFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:04 PM   #12 (permalink)

They said somewhere in the blog post that a month will still be the average period of time. I'm willing to believe the 8 weeks is in there in case there are any 2001 base in your submission that really don't need to be rushed, or they get slammed with orders. COMC has been very good in the past, I have a hard time believing they are sitting around waiting for 7 weeks or something to pass before starting someone's lower end submission.

Obviously we'll know the answer to this by the end of February or so, but that's what I'm hoping.
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:06 PM   #13 (permalink)

I sent a batch last Thurs.so I got in under the old system.My 1st submission I literally had cards that sat on my table at cards shows for years and they sold there.You can work around the fees as many have stated here.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:07 PM   #14 (permalink)

I have an active submission using the new system. A large portion of those cards would have been submitted using the old Hot List feature. So by that measure I should have these live in the 2-week window. I'll let y'all know how that goes.

My fear is that this change is really going to hurt the image even further that COMC is slow to get new products available.

Auto accepting 20% off at COMC.

Last edited by GoBeavs; 01-31-2014 at 12:20 PM.
GoBeavs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:09 PM   #15 (permalink)

If it was faster it'd be even more expensive.....they'd have to hire even more people and would have to raise fees to pay for them.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBeavs View Post
My fear is that this change is really going to hurt the image even further that COMC is slow to get new products available.
I think the point of it is that they can be more slective and get new product out there quicker.

Presumably, if they get a submission of 2014 Topps S1 inserts next week, they'll run that through before a lot of 2010 Bowman Chrome base they got on the same day.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:22 PM   #17 (permalink)

I too am not liking the "simplified" processing, I won't mind the 1.00 service for cards I will list for 20.00 or more, but those are few and far between. I used to use the 1 week service for anything I was planning to list for 2.50 or more. And the 1 month service for 1.00 - 2.50 cards. COMC has many great qualities, and I am trying not to rush to judgement, but it is going to be awhile till I have enough cards that work for me in the new criteria to send in a shipment. Also, belive it or not, I am already missing book value for what it was worth, 2013 Topps Chrome football listings are a mess with no book values to help sort and rank them. Hopefully they come out of this transition smelling like a rose, if anyone can do it, Tim and the crew can.
darin2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:38 PM   #18 (permalink)

Just submitted 500+ cards under the old submission rate. Cards went live on Wednesday and I haven't priced them yet. I really don't know if I like the new guidelines either.
hoopster3977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:11 PM   #19 (permalink)

I just got an order in under the new basic submission. I'll let you guys know how it gets processed and what cards get posted quicker. I also submitted 30 cards for the $1 service since they were all graded cards, and they were processed in 2 days.
lisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:25 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
I think the point of it is that they can be more slective and get new product out there quicker.

Presumably, if they get a submission of 2014 Topps S1 inserts next week, they'll run that through before a lot of 2010 Bowman Chrome base they got on the same day.
Yeah but how is this fair to anyone else, paying the same amount someone else paid for their stuff to be listing, for example I send in a bunch of colored refractors from the last couple years, they should do well and im a paying customer, 2014 topps shouldn't be ahead of my order regardless if we are paying the same fees,, then where does it stop, well these are just base, we can process these other orders..............
Old 01-24-2014, 03:30 PM   #21 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordy22 View Post
Yeah but how is this fair to anyone else, paying the same amount someone else paid for their stuff to be listing, for example I send in a bunch of colored refractors from the last couple years, they should do well and im a paying customer, 2014 topps shouldn't be ahead of my order regardless if we are paying the same fees,, then where does it stop, well these are just base, we can process these other orders..............
Well, you're still getting what you pay for, cards listed in up to 8 weeks for $0.25. The other guy is benefiting COMC by sending in current stuff which is more sought after, which leads to more paying customers. In the end, that benefits you too because people who find stuff they want on COMC tend to come back.

I tend to look it as worst case/best case. Worst case, my cards are listed in 8 weeks. Most likely around a month. I can live with that. Especially if COMC pulls out the stuff that will sell from my submission and lists it first in well under a month. I'm not too concerned with what the other guy gets compared to me as long as what I get is fair.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:36 PM   #22 (permalink)

I sent 4,000 items and selected the basic option. I'll let you know how quickly they get thru them.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:37 PM   #23 (permalink)

I called comc and voiced my opinion that I'm not happy with the new time table. The guy I talked to said that comc was still gonna try to get all the orders out in 1 month if they could. It just seems like in life as things go along the fees always go up and it's never as good of a deal as it once was. I hope this doesn't happen to comc. I remember when eBay fees were a lot less. I bet they raise the processing fees next.
chadc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:02 PM   #24 (permalink)

What Tim was saying in the comments of his big blog announcement was that the new, simplified submission system was a temporary measure needed to free up some of the COMC staff to build their new inventory database system due to the end of their partnership wtih Beckett. He made it sound as though once the new back-end was in place, the would expand the submission options again, but there just wasn't enough time in the day for the staff to handle all the variety of submissions AND set up the new system.

I'm fine with it if it means I'll be able to submit my oddball, minor league and Japanese cards without worrying that half of them will be returned to me because they weren't part of Beckett's catalog.
DaClyde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:07 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaClyde View Post
I'm fine with it if it means I'll be able to submit my oddball, minor league and Japanese cards without worrying that half of them will be returned to me because they weren't part of Beckett's catalog.
I send a lot of oddball and had never had anything returned for anything other than condition. Must be why I had a BB Card Magazine Matt Williams returned? I usually out a lot of sticky notes in the box as well. Although I didn't for Topps UK Tiffany cards I sent with regular UK cards and they were all entered as regular UK cards. Once I found this the staff checked them and corrected the problem.