Blowout Cards Forums
Start Your Reign of Domination Now with GetTheMachine.com!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2014, 01:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Selling offline opinions.

I am a bit frustrated with a seller on E-bay. After going back and forth for a couple of days through email we agreed to a price on his cards.
We agreed to do this sale offline in order to save fees for the seller and get a bit of a break for me. I ask him to send me paypal info and was ready to pay when he first asked me to send as gift instead of goods. I declined that and then he emails me back asking me to pay the fees he is going to get for accepting my payment.
I have sold so many things here on this site and Ebay and off of Ebay and have never asked anyone to pay my fees. Am I in the wrong by not wanting to pay some else's fees or is this seller being ridiculous?
DoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Nope it is the cost of doing business and seems you have already helped him with fees by doing the deal offline.
cowboyfaninlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
I am a bit frustrated with a seller on E-bay. After going back and forth for a couple of days through email we agreed to a price on his cards.
We agreed to do this sale offline in order to save fees for the seller and get a bit of a break for me. I ask him to send me paypal info and was ready to pay when he first asked me to send as gift instead of goods. I declined that and then he emails me back asking me to pay the fees he is going to get for accepting my payment.
I have sold so many things here on this site and Ebay and off of Ebay and have never asked anyone to pay my fees. Am I in the wrong by not wanting to pay some else's fees or is this seller being ridiculous?
What you and the seller are doing wrong is circumventing Ebay fees which violates EBay's Buyer and Seller policies that you agreed to abide by.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

So it's OK for you and the seller to cheat eBay, but not for you and the seller to cheat Paypal?

The by-the-book thing to do would be this: request the seller create an eBay listing for you, at a price you both agree upon, then purchase the item and pay through Paypal.

I understand that people bend these things all the time. Once you do, though, I don't see where you can draw the line.

Am I in the wrong by not wanting to pay some else's fees or is this seller being ridiculous?

The seller was wrong to ask you to help him avoid paying eBay fees. Asking you to also help him avoid Paypal fees is no more ridiculous than the initial request to help him avoid eBay fees.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
I cannot think of one thing that could go wrong with this transaction.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
We agreed to do this sale offline in order to save fees for the seller and get a bit of a break for me.
You compromise one 1 thing, you will do the same on another. Principles tend to fall to the wayside when there is money involved for those of poor character.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

Never go offline with any eBay transactions. You are using eBay and PayPal services. So they must have their piece of the cake.

Now if you contact the seller to ask for something not post in eBay. It is another story.
Kane1 is offline   Reply With Quote