Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2014, 09:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Manufacturer

Default Industry Summit

I am writing this open letter to Kevin Isaacson promoter of the Industry Summit because all other methods of communication have failed over the past months.

February 14, 2014

Dear Kevin;

As you are well aware, In The Game, Inc. has attended the Industry Summit for the last three years. I personally have hosted retailer workshops, given a presentation to entire group and have served on a panel with Upper Deck, Panini and Topps.

Something seems to be different this year. Both my staff and myself have made many calls to you and I have personally sent over twenty emails to you as well.

I simply want to confirm if we will be attending the Industry Summit or if we are not invited to attend, the reasons why.

Our emails started early in December and the last email was sent several days ago.

By now the trading card industry has learned that Brian Gray and his company, Leaf Trading Cards are not invited to the Industry Summit and a lawsuit between the parties has commenced.

I on the other hand am not sure if we are invited or not since you will not respond to my emails confirming or denying our attendance.

The one email I did get from you on January 6th and stated:

Dr. Price:

I am on vacation with my family and am checking messages only occasionally. I will communicate with you or Mr. Levine (whichever you prefer) upon my return to work. FYI: Last year's agreement with your company was completed Feb. 12.

Best,

Kevin Isaacson

I have now emailed you at least fifteen times after receiving this email letting you know that although there is time to negotiate an agreement, I just want to know if we are able to attend, so that travel plans can be made.

We knew last year in November that we were going to attend and had ample time to make travel plans, redemption program plans and Industry Summit promotional cards.

You have not responded at all to these emails and I am sure by now you are back from holidays, in fact it is now February 14th and we still have heard nothing from you.

So I write this letter to you Kevin in the hope you might respond to us, please let us know if we are able participate in the Industry Summit or not, and if not, why.

In The Game, Inc. has been making trading cards since 1998 and we are certainly part of the trading card industry.

Dr. Brian H. Price
President
In The Game, Inc.

Last edited by iluvfish2; 02-14-2014 at 01:01 PM. Reason: merged and moved to correct area
bprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

As a collector, I too would be interested to hear of Mr. Isaacson's definition of the "industry" if it allows in companies licensed in one sport yet produce un-licensed images in another sport.

If this show is no longer interested in being the flag-bearer of the industry with collectors' best interests in mind, perhaps a renaming of the event is required. "Industry Summit" would no longer be viable. You know what makes Comic-Con so popular? It allows in all kinds of publishers from top to bottom. I wonder how reaction would be if it only let in DC and Marvel?

As a collector, I have no interest in hearing any news from any "industry summit" that does not allow full access to all companies.
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

Perhaps your presence is not requested.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:38 AM   #4 (permalink)

They should at least let you know,one way or another.
chezball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:39 AM   #5 (permalink)

It's not an "Industry" Summit if it excludes members of the Industry.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmrson View Post
It's not an "Industry" Summit if it excludes members of the Industry.
^^^^^ spot on!
I was going to attend until they decided LEAF wasn't going to be invited.
BOOMER7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:47 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
Perhaps your presence is not requested.
Perhaps they should make him aware of that then!

Is that really so much to ask?
Old 02-14-2014, 10:48 AM   #8 (permalink)

Stupid question: Who is Kevin Isaacson and why is he the Gate Keeper for this event?
Old 02-14-2014, 10:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

Unlike some companies, most notably Upper Deck, In the Game sends me occassional products when available for box reviews for my Sports Collectors Daily box review column. I agree, an answer would be good because travel costs money and time.

Rich
sabrgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:09 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
As a collector, I have no interest in hearing any news from any "industry summit" that does not allow full access to all companies.
Second this. While i'm not a big Hockey guy. ITG really pushes boundaries and produces some of the nicest product i've seen. Maybe it's time for a more inclusive rival industry summit. More open to all those involved in the industry from top to bottom.

http://s915.photobucket.com/user/Ifeature/library/ - Lower end Hits & RCs on COMC
smalltown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:13 AM   #11 (permalink)

Total flashback to my junior year when missy miller would not return my phone calls, letters I wrote, or the numerous 911 I left on her beeper.
I needed an answer about the prom and I was hoping to at least go on a date or two before the prom so that we could finally meet face to face.
Years later I have come to the realization that she was not interested in neither me nor my parachute pants collection.
That's ok, left me with more money for pro set football cards and sportflix
Old 02-14-2014, 11:14 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by briscogun View Post
Stupid question: Who is Kevin Isaacson and why is he the Gate Keeper for this event?
I'm pretty sure he bought it from Kit Young. Kit actually cared about the hobby and has been a long time presense. He built that into an annual gathering where ideas could be exchanged with Manufacturers and Dealers/Store Owners. Now I guess Mr. Isaacson just "bought in". I'm not sure of his hobby history or credentials but it appears to me he likely only has hi$ own intere$t at heart now.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:16 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JzWand View Post

That is my thought as well. Pretty classless to not tell him either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by preakness View Post
Total flashback to my junior year when missy miller would not return my phone calls, letters I wrote, or the numerous 911 I left on her beeper.
I needed an answer about the prom and I was hoping to at least go on a date or two before the prom so that we could finally meet face to face.
Years later I have come to the realization that she was not interested in neither me nor my parachute pants collection.
Soooooo, ITG should buy a box of Pro Set?
Old 02-14-2014, 11:16 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JzWand View Post

I think by virtue of their non response, they have done so.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:18 AM   #15 (permalink)

Everyone check your URL bar. Is it any coincidence that this thread is #666,666?
cross4444 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:19 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
I think by virtue of their non response, they have done so.
If so, then the Industry Summit is being ran by 14 year olds who don't have the balls, maturity or respect to face their issues.
cross4444 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:20 AM   #17 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by preakness View Post
The guy is asking an honest question and it is business related. So why post this garbage in his thread? It appears he has made several attempts at contacting the guy and it is a business of his. I doubt you would think it was funny if he came to your work and took a dump on your desk??? maybe a little off on my comparision but im sure you get it. Shoot me a pm rather than clog this guys thread(who I do not know or have even heard of)
Old 02-14-2014, 11:22 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmrson View Post
I'm pretty sure he bought it from Kit Young. Kit actually cared about the hobby and has been a long time presense. He built that into an annual gathering where ideas could be exchanged with Manufacturers and Dealers/Store Owners. Now I guess Mr. Isaacson just "bought in". I'm not sure of his hobby history or credentials but it appears to me he likely only has hi$ own intere$t at heart now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cross4444 View Post
Everyone check your URL bar. Is it any coincidence that this thread is #666,666?
Old 02-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOMER7 View Post
^^^^^ spot on!
I was going to attend until they decided LEAF wasn't going to be invited.
This is the reason why I would attend due to not having to interact with the "Grifter" that is the CEO of Leaf.
hoopster3977 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:27 AM   #20 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopster3977 View Post
This is the reason why I would attend due to not having to interact with the "Grifter" that is the CEO of Leaf.
And you see Leaf's response to his non inclusion on Twitter. He tweet reminded me of a 15 year old member here.

Though I do not buy Mr Price's products his letter is professional

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:27 AM   #21 (permalink)

I don't think you posting your letter to him here is going to shame him into inviting you to the summit. No wonder the hobby is in such a mess when the industry leaders are not even talking to each other.

"Can we all get along?"

- Rodney King
Old 02-14-2014, 11:36 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarjetasBéisbol View Post
I don't think you posting your letter to him here is going to shame him into inviting you to the summit. No wonder the hobby is in such a mess when the industry leaders are not even talking to each other.

"Can we all get along?"

- Rodney King
And this is likely because those not invited to the forum have threatened to essentially blow the hobby up with lawsuits regarding licensing.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:41 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarjetasBéisbol View Post

"Can we all get along?"

- Rodney King
I don't think that it's a matter of "shaming" Kevin Isaacson, I think it's a matter of getting the information out there. If it's truly an industry summit, and if In the Game has been invited/accepted in years past, it's absolutely industry related to wonder why the change.

It's especially awkward (and childish) that Kevin Isaacson has failed to respond to emails.

So the questions come...who, what, why.

- Who is forcing the hand of Kevin Isaacson and the summit which formerly was open to all in the industry?

- What is the purpose of shutting out boutique manufacturers like ITG and Leaf?

- Why is the change occurring now and without being up front?

I understand that some here may not like In The Game's products, but if you're a hockey fan/collector, ITG has been integral in the industry for years. High end hockey evolved in part because of ITG pushing the envelope. Great memorabilia chase sets, etc.

Sure, some people will brush it off as meaningless to leave out "unlicensed" manufacturers...but keep in mind that some products are indeed licensed by all parties. And every manufacturer (with the exception of Topps) releases some products that are only partially licensed.
discostu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:42 AM   #24 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

having just taken part in an awesome promotion from Dr Price and ITG at my LCS, I love seeing this.

Dr Price understands one thing that the "major" companies do not, who keeps him in business. He understands that the people paying hard earned money are the only reason he gets to stay in business, doing something he seems to truly love and enjoy.

Keep up the hard work, keep checking in with the customer here on the forums, we will all continue to support your products.

on a side, I sent you a PM Dr Price, thanking you for the promo at Kinem's and showing you my results in the box break section

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:47 AM   #25 (permalink)

I think ITG got screwed because of Leaf,this way it doesn't look like it's singling out Leaf.
chezball is online now   Reply With Quote