Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2014, 05:59 PM   #51 (permalink)

To reiterate, ignore the percent feature. 55%, 10%, 99%, doesn't matter, the percentage feature is still down. It spews random numbers.
cross4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:04 PM   #52 (permalink)

Default Newbie

Just sent off my first shipment of about 600-700 cards today and I am really excited to see what all of the hubbub is about. I have spent the better part of a week researching reviews of the site...reading these forums, rolling my eyes at all of the negativity and shaking my head often.

I realize I do not (yet) have the skin in the game that many of you do...but based on the amount of wax I crack and what is in my storage unit...I mightl

I understand that my shipment can take anywhere up to 8 weeks to process once it is received...anything sooner than that is a bonus.

I think that this is going to be fun and help turn cardboard (or whatever they make cards out of these days) into cash.

Looking forward to a mutually beneficial situation for us all...
OLDPAPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:16 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cross4444 View Post
To reiterate, ignore the percent feature. 55%, 10%, 99%, doesn't matter, the percentage feature is still down. It spews random numbers.
Good to know haha...well yay cards getting listed anyways!
I'll be good
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:52 PM   #54 (permalink)

I've been a long time buyer on COMC and Seller on Ebay. I want to start loading my cards onto COMC. I looked up the pricing but couldn't pin down the selling and shipping fees. I asked COMC the question, and got an idiot savant answer. Can someone validate the fees you experience?

$0.25 Basic Per Item Processing (Do you send your cards in penny Sleeves)?

When you sell an item do you pay a commission?

Shipping: COMC says they charge $0.25 for raw, standard sized trading cards and 45¢ for trading cards in toploaders (items of high value may be placed in toploaders at our discretion). Is this charged to the seller? At the bottom of the section it says paid by buyer, but I've never paid a separate per item fee as a buyer, unless it's included in the $3 flat rate?

Cash Out: I'll likely just apply to new purchases but in the event I want to cash out, if you redeem through paypal, does paypal charge a fee too (I realize COMC charges 20% cash out)?
YankeesNYY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:13 PM   #55 (permalink)

Excuse me? Idiot Savant? I'm not sure how I feel about that...

Anyways...the Basic processing service is 25 cents/card - with a minimum batch fee of $25. Meaning you send in less than 100 cards, we'll still charge you $25.

You can send the cards in penny sleeves if you wish; it depends on how good your card packing skills are, I guess.

We do *Not* charge a commission when you sell a card - you get whatever price you agree to sell the card for.

The Card seller pays *no* shipping fees, when they sell a card - those are paid by the card buyer. The 25 cent S&H fee is included in the price the buyer sees, if the buyer is in "Simplified Shipping Mode" - check your options page.

Paypal will charge a $1 fee for any cashout under $250.

Anything else? Let me know, but be quick...Wapner is on in 5 minutes...Kmart sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeesNYY View Post
I've been a long time buyer on COMC and Seller on Ebay. I want to start loading my cards onto COMC. I looked up the pricing but couldn't pin down the selling and shipping fees. I asked COMC the question, and got an idiot savant answer. Can someone validate the fees you experience?

Shipping: COMC says they charge $0.25 for raw, standard sized trading cards and 45¢ for trading cards in toploaders (items of high value may be placed in toploaders at our discretion). Is this charged to the seller? At the bottom of the section it says paid by buyer, but I've never paid a separate per item fee as a buyer, unless it's included in the $3 flat rate?

Cash Out: I'll likely just apply to new purchases but in the event I want to cash out, if you redeem through paypal, does paypal charge a fee too (I realize COMC charges 20% cash out)?
Old 02-28-2014, 07:32 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDPAPER View Post
Just sent off my first shipment of about 600-700 cards today and I am really excited to see what all of the hubbub is about. I have spent the better part of a week researching reviews of the site...reading these forums, rolling my eyes at all of the negativity and shaking my head often.

I realize I do not (yet) have the skin in the game that many of you do...but based on the amount of wax I crack and what is in my storage unit...I mightl

I understand that my shipment can take anywhere up to 8 weeks to process once it is received...anything sooner than that is a bonus.

I think that this is going to be fun and help turn cardboard (or whatever they make cards out of these days) into cash.

Looking forward to a mutually beneficial situation for us all...
You haven't heard anything yet. They whine and complain about everything.
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:41 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeCOMC View Post
Anything else? Let me know, but be quick...Wapner is on in 5 minutes...Kmart sucks.
Awesome response. I'm betting over half of those who read it wont get the reference, but it gave me a good laugh.

Now get back to finishing my submission

Auto accepting 20% off at COMC.
GoBeavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:46 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBeavs View Post
Awesome response. I'm betting over half of those who read it wont get the reference, but it gave me a good laugh.

Now get back to finishing my submission
Lol I too enjoyed that
I'll be good
Old 02-28-2014, 08:18 PM   #59 (permalink)

Thanks for the laugh Moe!
Old 02-28-2014, 09:06 PM   #60 (permalink)

Pretty sure this has been covered multiple times - it's pretty straightforward. You pay .25 to them and they list your card...that is all you pay unless you cash out.

Quote:

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:05 AM   #61 (permalink)

Autism rates are on the rise, but only 10% of people with Autism have "Idiot Savant" traits. Moe, I'd take that as a compliment!
cross4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:16 AM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeCOMC View Post
Excuse me? Idiot Savant? I'm not sure how I feel about that...
Thanks MoeCOMC. I used the term because the response I received when I sent in to COMC was just a restatement of the processing page rather than the clarification on shipping I asked for, even though I quoted the section.

One last clarification…Most of the cards I received from COMC have been in penny sleeves and most of the pictures seem to be in sleeves as well. Is that because the buyer sends them in sleeves or because COMC puts them in the sleeves?
Old 03-01-2014, 08:20 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
Pretty sure this has been covered multiple times - it's pretty straightforward. You pay .25 to them and they list your card...that is all you pay unless you cash out.
Much appreciated Swipe79. Hate to jump in without being certain of what I'm up against
Old 03-01-2014, 08:23 AM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cross4444 View Post
Autism rates are on the rise, but only 10% of people with Autism have "Idiot Savant" traits. Moe, I'd take that as a compliment!
See my clarification to Moe
Old 03-01-2014, 09:19 AM   #65 (permalink)

New user to COMC but so far I am pleased with processing though I do have to remind myself that even though I'd like everything done ASAP I agreed to a service level which can take up to two months. The stuff I did send in for premium went up right away. Bottom line - I feel like COMC is doing exactly what they say with regard to overall service provided; I can't speak to "hot" material being processed more quickly as that's not the kind of stuff I sent.
HammerinHank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:32 AM   #66 (permalink)

I put mine in sleeves when I send them in - I believe they have mentioned before (though can't quite remember where) that they sleeve every card that comes in. I know they are sleeved when they leave the building, and I would assume sleeving occurs for storage after scanning. You do not have to sleeve when you submit - I like to.

Wanted to make sure I revise what I said about fees, as I missed one. If you price a card for more than .75, the first three months of storage/insurance is included. After that they charge .01 per card for storage/insurance that is priced over .75.

Quote:
Thanks MoeCOMC. I used the term because the response I received when I sent in to COMC was just a restatement of the processing page rather than the clarification on shipping I asked for, even though I quoted the section.

One last clarification…Most of the cards I received from COMC have been in penny sleeves and most of the pictures seem to be in sleeves as well. Is that because the buyer sends them in sleeves or because COMC puts them in the sleeves?

Old 03-01-2014, 04:23 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
I put mine in sleeves when I send them in - I believe they have mentioned before (though can't quite remember where) that they sleeve every card that comes in. I know they are sleeved when they leave the building, and I would assume sleeving occurs for storage after scanning. You do not have to sleeve when you submit - I like to.

Wanted to make sure I revise what I said about fees, as I missed one. If you price a card for more than .75, the first three months of storage/insurance is included. After that they charge .01 per card for storage/insurance that is priced over .75.
Thanks again Sewipe79…much appreciated. I've got a lot of cards I want to send in.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:47 PM   #68 (permalink)

My cards, I literally put like 25-30 in a team bag, put a top loader on either side and then tape around to make sure it's a solid brick. I've done that with every load I sent them and haven't had an issue yet.
I'll be good
Old 03-02-2014, 09:13 AM   #69 (permalink)

Thanks SpastikMooss. Great Tip.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:18 PM   #70 (permalink)

I would have to think that anything we can do as sellers to make the processing of our items easier on COMC the quicker cards will get processed...this includes sleeving the cards...having them sorted by sport, brand, insert type, etc....
Old 03-03-2014, 08:28 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks SpastikMooss. Great Tip.
Welcome!!!
I'll be good
Old 03-04-2014, 02:23 PM   #72 (permalink)

Thought I would update my four submissions that I posted before. If the goal is four weeks, we're falling short. Sub 1 just passed six weeks.

Sub 1
Arrived 1/21 (43 Days)
Completion: 92%
Actual Live Cards: 217/240 (90.4%)

Sub 2
Arrived 1/27 (37 Days)
Completion: 75%
Actual Live Cards: 79/110 (71.8%)

Sub 3
Arrived 2/7 (26 Days)
Completion: 85%
Actual Live Cards: 207/243 (85.1%)

Sub 4
Arrived 2/20 (13 Days)
Completion: 10%
Actual Live Cards: 0/166 (0%)

Really hoping I get some of sub 4 out this week (tomorrow is 2 weeks) - there was a ton of awesome stuff in this group.

Quote:
Keeping it on topic - didn't they state that they are going to release cards once a week? I remember it being Friday every week that they would release batches after a final check.

I have four submissions in right now.

Sub 1
Arrived 1/21
Completion: 89%
Actual Live Cards: 217/240

Sub 2
Arrived 1/27
Completion: 69%
Actual Live Cards: 69/110

Sub 3
Arrived 2/7
Completion: 28%
Actual Live Cards: 0/243

Sub 4
Arrived 2/20
Completion: 5%
Actual Live Cards: 0/166

Not in love with the new basic submission as I used to use 2-week on a lot of my decent stuff and then put the lower stuff in as 1-month. Was happy with the results on the first two batches as I had stuff go live before two weeks in both instances. The last two batches contained a lot of 2014 Topps Series 1, some nicer autos/numbered/etc., and some 2013 Panini EEE Autos/Numbered/SP stuff. Really surprised that none of these have gone live as I would consider them to be a hot product. Baseball stuff is starting to heat up with spring training going on - would be nice to have the cards live.

EDIT: After posting this, my submission percentages all shot up. 91%, 71%, 62%, and 10%

Old 03-04-2014, 02:28 PM   #73 (permalink)
XL5

No change for me since last update. Still at:

Arrived 2/5
Completion: 57%
Active Live Cards: 257/~490 (~52%)

On the plus side, 2014 S1 is sellling well.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:29 PM   #74 (permalink)
Banned

My Basic service batch.
Arrived 2/4
Completion: 61%
Actual Live Cards: approx 500/1047

30 premium got posted after a few days.
amazingpacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:40 PM   #75 (permalink)

Batch 819507
arrived 2/4
99/130 processed
91 %

Batch 826840
arrived 2/10
0/250 processed
20 %
sjscout is offline   Reply With Quote