Blowout Cards Forums
ebay event 8.25.14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2014, 05:49 PM   #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCO View Post
My first experience with the new processing was very positive. I sent a batch of 703 cards using the Basic service that arrived on January 16th. On February 1st, 701 of those cards went live. I had only submitted once in the old system and it took until the "Due Date" to be processed, so I was happy to have nearly my entire submission up in a little over 2 weeks.

I've sent in a couple more submissions which just arrived in the past week. I was a little disappointed to learn after I sent them in that the Spring Cleaning Sales are happening this month, because I will most likely miss them. I've found these site-wide sales to be great for business.
Send that luck my way! I'm so addicted to adding a few cards today, and one of my few that added yesterday sold today. I LOVE THIS SITE! lol
Old 03-14-2014, 06:18 PM   #127 (permalink)

Just take the total they've charged you in fees for the batch and divide by .25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingpacks View Post
The only hard part of this new system is keeping track of how many cards are actually posted.

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:19 PM   #128 (permalink)

Just noticed 104 new cards ready to price!

Old 03-14-2014, 06:24 PM   #129 (permalink)

Just had 483/575 drop today, at the 23 day mark. Of course had to drop on the day im opening/listing/sorting 3 cases of Heritage haha.
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:25 PM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
Just had 483/575 drop today, at the 23 day mark. Of course had to drop on the day im opening/listing/sorting 3 cases of Heritage haha.
What kind of cards? I am on week 5 for most of mine.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:27 PM   #131 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
What kind of cards? I am on week 5 for most of mine.
Havent even looked yet, but most are Series 1 IIRC.
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:36 PM   #132 (permalink)

I'm still at 0/190, just under 4 weeks since it was received by COMC. Hoping for some pops soon
mredsox89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:29 PM   #133 (permalink)

Seems to me they could definitely speed this up. I have two batches in so far, at 5 weeks and about 70% is done I believe, other 3 weeks and is at 10%.

If they can't speed it up I think they need to either reduce the cost, or refund some of the cost. Shouldn't have to pay the same amount for the same service that takes longer than before.

Either way this has definitely made me re consider sending in another batch until the speed moves up a bit, that or they lower the costs.

Supercollecting Cedric Griffin (06 Rookie Cornerback - Vikings) 71/153 !!
vikingfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:52 PM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
Just take the total they've charged you in fees for the batch and divide by .25.
Yes, but how do you know what actually went into the port? I am sure people do not itemize 1000's of cards in submissions. i wonder if comc ever made a mistake and cards went into the wrong port? I just realized there is no way to know if cards get mixed up with other submissions from members.

Just a thought. with 9,000,000 cards . there must be a few mistakes once in a while. I get mixed up with only a few thousand cards coming and going,buying and selling, coming from different sites everyday. Brutal with only thousands, imagine millions.
amazingpacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:21 PM   #135 (permalink)

Why would you expect a refund, it clearly states 2-8 weeks which you knew when you sent them in.
Dragonman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:09 PM   #136 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingpacks View Post
Yes, but how do you know what actually went into the port? I am sure people do not itemize 1000's of cards in submissions. i wonder if comc ever made a mistake and cards went into the wrong port? I just realized there is no way to know if cards get mixed up with other submissions from members.

Just a thought. with 9,000,000 cards . there must be a few mistakes once in a while. I get mixed up with only a few thousand cards coming and going,buying and selling, coming from different sites everyday. Brutal with only thousands, imagine millions.
This actually happened to me with my last submission. I had about 200 cards show up in my port that weren't mine. I had to call and make sure things were all ok, but frankly I sent in enough cards that I would have no idea what mine was missing unless it stood out. I was assured however everything was fixed and that is was done easily.

Supercollecting Cedric Griffin (06 Rookie Cornerback - Vikings) 71/153 !!
vikingfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 02:07 AM   #137 (permalink)

I had 15 more cards added today. Only about 55 or so out of 480 left 5 weeks in. It seems like it's taking them longer to put relics up as I haven't had any relics from two different sets put up while most of the other cards I sent in from those sets have been processed.

Also still disappointed that my Jonathan Gray Bowman draft redemption is still not up 2 weeks after the rest of my bowman draft was processed. Although if I had sent it in as a premium I probably would have only gotten $35 for it so at least I should get more than that even though I have to keep waiting.
Please Note: I do all my transactions through COMC. This DOES NOT mean you need a COMC account to buy my card. You can still buy it directly through COMC using PAYPAL but we will need to agree on a price here because you can only buy it for the price I have it listed at on COMC. Just PM me and we can negotiate a price. Thanks!
wphill02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:28 AM   #138 (permalink)

My cards arrived 2/28/14 and are in three different batches of approx. 250/200/250 and as of today they are all at 10% processed but none are live....I shipped just about all of them in new sleeves and separated by sport and brand (for the most part)

A few days later I sent a 20 card batch premium and they all went live a day earlier then the promised date. 4 cards have sold in 5 days.

So far, so good I guess....I look forward to seeing my first batch pop up so I can start pricing...I know I have a ways to go for that to happen...getting together another batch to roll....trying to be picky because quality is better than quantity.
OLDPAPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:36 PM   #139 (permalink)

Dragging alongggggg
Old 03-17-2014, 05:47 PM   #140 (permalink)

One month in, still not a single card popped. Getting what I think is probably my last big batch to send in as my case-breaking days are over.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:41 PM   #141 (permalink)

I've got one batch that is at 6 weeks and only half has been added and another batch that's been there for 4+ weeks and 6 cards out of 200 have been added. Ugh!
peterose4hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:13 PM   #142 (permalink)

Just sent in my first batch ........ so once submitted and you begin to see a % process, at what point on average do the cards begin to show up in your port so you can begine pricing? Or does COMC wait until all cards are loaded before making them available to you for pricing
Csmontie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:36 PM   #143 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csmontie View Post
Just sent in my first batch ........ so once submitted and you begin to see a % process, at what point on average do the cards begin to show up in your port so you can begine pricing? Or does COMC wait until all cards are loaded before making them available to you for pricing
I just wanted to let you know that the processing status percentages you see on your dashboard are compiled according to the old processing methods. They don't accurately reflect the new streamlined processes, so your percentages won't give you a realistic idea of how many cards you have ready for deposit.

We are working on updating the software, but there are other projects happening right now that are taking a higher priority.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:48 PM   #144 (permalink)

As an example - I have a batch that completed last week. It stills shows as 95% completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeCOMC View Post
I just wanted to let you know that the processing status percentages you see on your dashboard are compiled according to the old processing methods. They don't accurately reflect the new streamlined processes, so your percentages won't give you a realistic idea of how many cards you have ready for deposit.

We are working on updating the software, but there are other projects happening right now that are taking a higher priority.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:24 PM   #145 (permalink)

Moe - My other question was .... Does COMC wait until all cards are scanned and loaded before I can see and begin to price? Or do they show up 20 30 40 50 at a time?

Swipe - you say you have 95% compelted but can you see any and begin pricing?
Csmontie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:30 PM   #146 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Moe - My other question was .... Does COMC wait until all cards are scanned and loaded before I can see and begin to price? Or do they show up 20 30 40 50 at a time?

They don't wait until they are all scanned. I've had 1 show up in a day and 200+ show up in a day.

You'll get an email from COMC and it will say "Items Added to Your Account: Partial Deposit". Then it will tell you how many items were added and the total $ deducted from your account for processing. As soon as they are processed you can price them. So if it says "40 new items added to your account" you can price those 40 new items.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:34 PM   #147 (permalink)

Completed means that they have been added to my account. So, they have all been added and priced. It's just showing at 95% for some reason.

Quote:

Old 03-18-2014, 02:41 PM   #148 (permalink)

Quote:

We used to wait until all the cards in a transaction were processed before we deposited them into your account; our new system sees cards get placed into "pools" (similar cards that are grouped together) and as pools are processed, the cards within those pools get deposited into the customer's accounts.

If you only have 1 card in a pool when it gets processed, then you'll get 1 card deposited into your account; or you could have several hundred in a processed pool.

And, once they get deposited into your account, then you can price them and make them available for sale.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:01 PM   #149 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeCOMC View Post
We used to wait until all the cards in a transaction were processed before we deposited them into your account; our new system sees cards get placed into "pools" (similar cards that are grouped together) and as pools are processed, the cards within those pools get deposited into the customer's accounts.

If you only have 1 card in a pool when it gets processed, then you'll get 1 card deposited into your account; or you could have several hundred in a processed pool.

And, once they get deposited into your account, then you can price them and make them available for sale.
Ohhhh that makes sense. Thanks for explaining that!
Old 03-18-2014, 04:11 PM   #150 (permalink)

My first batch under new processing - 100 cards - still only has about 60% of the cards loaded in. I'm now only 10 days from 8 weeks, pretty disappointed in this.
Another batch of 100 sent in yesterday. My Heritage purple refractor hot box included. Hoping these hit the 2-week target, if they don't go live til mid-May I'll be upset. Did it purposely this way to see if they really are targeting the new stuff for small sellers like me, or if it is only the big boys who get quick processing.
VanZile17 is offline   Reply With Quote