Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2014, 04:29 PM   #151 (permalink)

Hey, I'm sorry things are taking longer than expected to get the rest of your cards processed - but, with the new system, there's no way we can "play favorites" when it comes to our sellers. The cards get sorted into their respective pools and get processed - it becomes a pretty level playing field at that point.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:37 PM   #152 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeCOMC View Post
Hey, I'm sorry things are taking longer than expected to get the rest of your cards processed - but, with the new system, there's no way we can "play favorites" when it comes to our sellers. The cards get sorted into their respective pools and get processed - it becomes a pretty level playing field at that point.
What, so comc did play favorites before?
Does COMC "play favorites" in other aspects of the site? Like exposure and other things?

Just bustin' ya.
amazingpacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:44 PM   #153 (permalink)

Moe: Can you provide us a status on the new processing system? There seems to be a lot of guessing going on as to how the new process is working. Most batches are now taking longer to process, and there haven't been any of the quick turnarounds for HOT products we were lead to expect (other than for a couple of lucky submitters). Are you guys still needing to work out a lot of kinks in the system? An explanation would help alleviate some of the frustration going around.

Might as well update my experiences as well. I've done three submission so far under the new system.

Submission 1: 261 cards (mostly new Prizm BkB). All but a few cards done in 4 weeks. The remaining cards (same product) went live just before the 8 week deadline.

Submission 2: ~200 cards (mostly 2014 Series 1). Half were processed in 3 weeks. Nice improvement for that part. Another 9 went live the next week. The rest is still processing. I'm now in week 7.

Submission 3: ~400 cards of various 2013/14 products. I'm only in my 2nd week for these so I don't expect them to be live yet. Though was hoping some processes might have been sped up with the selling promotions going on.

Auto accepting 20% off at COMC.
GoBeavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:47 PM   #154 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingpacks View Post
What, so comc did play favorites before?
Does COMC "play favorites" in other aspects of the site? Like exposure and other things?

Just bustin' ya.
Well, we didn't play favorites...but, let me see what I can do for you here...

*looks up amazingpacks COMC account, sets new due dates for 3/19/2112...*
Old 03-18-2014, 04:50 PM   #155 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Well, we didn't play favorites...but, let me see what I can do for you here...

*looks up amazingpacks COMC account, sets new due dates for 3/19/2112...*
Wow, that was fast. thanks for getting my remaining 300 cards for the first batch up in 5 minutes!
Old 03-18-2014, 05:04 PM   #156 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBeavs View Post
Moe: Can you provide us a status on the new processing system? There seems to be a lot of guessing going on as to how the new process is working. Most batches are now taking longer to process, and there haven't been any of the quick turnarounds for HOT products we were lead to expect (other than for a couple of lucky submitters). Are you guys still needing to work out a lot of kinks in the system? An explanation would help alleviate some of the frustration going around.

Might as well update my experiences as well. I've done three submission so far under the new system.

Submission 1: 261 cards (mostly new Prizm BkB). All but a few cards done in 4 weeks. The remaining cards (same product) went live just before the 8 week deadline.

Submission 2: ~200 cards (mostly 2014 Series 1). Half were processed in 3 weeks. Nice improvement for that part. Another 9 went live the next week. The rest is still processing. I'm now in week 7.

Submission 3: ~400 cards of various 2013/14 products. I'm only in my 2nd week for these so I don't expect them to be live yet. Though was hoping some processes might have been sped up with the selling promotions going on.

Tim was able to explain the new system better than I can, in our blog:

Premium & Basic Processing Services | COMC Blog

The pool system is designed to make things more efficient for our card processors, and it works for us - in a sense. But, we're still working on how to make this translate into quicker deposit times for our users. That's where we're seeing slowdowns and Tim is trying different things to improve the user's experience...i.e., get cards deposited quicker.

Once we get our card database up and running on the website, I hope Tim will be able to spend more time on this and work towards this: (as he says) "Our goal is to have an average per-card processing time of less than 4 weeks." But remember, the Basic processing system does have that 2-8 week window.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:05 PM   #157 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingpacks View Post
Wow, that was fast. thanks for getting my remaining 300 cards for the first batch up in 5 minutes!
Check the year on that...your grandkids will be pricing your awesome "vintage" collection on COMC. ;-)
Old 03-18-2014, 05:06 PM   #158 (permalink)

I think Im on week two at 5% processed
phillies347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:21 PM   #159 (permalink)
XL5

I think it's been said a lot in these threads, the % processed from COMC doesn't mean anything at all.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:33 PM   #160 (permalink)

Quote:
Check the year on that...your grandkids will be pricing your awesome "vintage" collection on COMC. ;-)
LOL...............
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:36 PM   #161 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
I think it's been said a lot in these threads, the % processed from COMC doesn't mean anything at all.
How many times must everyone be told.%%%%%%% DOESN'T MEAN SQUAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2014, 04:46 PM   #162 (permalink)

I have always been a fan of COMC but this new processing stinks. COMC has not processed the majority of my cards and they received them February 7. Not cool.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:17 PM   #163 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
I have always been a fan of COMC but this new processing stinks. COMC has not processed the majority of my cards and they received them February 7. Not cool.
You did submit them at the 2-8 week processing level right? So why is that not cool?
Old 03-19-2014, 11:22 PM   #164 (permalink)

Default agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthewondercat View Post
You did submit them at the 2-8 week processing level right? So why is that not cool?

It does not become "not cool" until April 4th or so...56 days....I understand the anxiousness as I am waiting for my first batch to pop and I submitted it on 2/28...so I know I have a while to go...does not stop me from checking 10 times a day however...lol...
OLDPAPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:20 AM   #165 (permalink)

Quote:
Because we were told that most cards would still be processed within 30 days. THe extra month, so i felt, would be relegated for less desirable cards (junk).

We were also told hot cards would be added in about 2 weeks. THis only appeared to happen for the first week or so. Yet we have no clue what the hot cards are.... People waited almost 4 weeks for 2014 topps to appear on site. Currently, i have a 2014 topps tribute auto which they received on 2/25, certainly that should have been a hotter card and have been listed by now.

The guys complaining are experienced submitters/sellers who are frustrated because there apppears to be no rhyme or reason for this new sysytem. Plus the new system hurts those who want to rip new product and list on site, or people like me who buy collections and list. It takes a long time to wait.
sjscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:28 PM   #166 (permalink)

Quote:
If I recall correctly, COMC said it would be faster if you organize the cards. I did that for most of the submission. As a seller for the last 3.5 years, this new processing is pretty annoying. I know they will figure things out but in the meantime, I am sitting on dead money.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:13 PM   #167 (permalink)

I hit the 6 week mark on Monday for my submission and about 50 of the 500 cards haven't been processed including most of the higher value cards I sent in. I know they'll get the process figured out eventually but it's a tad frustrating now.

I would actually prefer to pay a little more for the old two week processing. I like knowing when things are going to be uploaded.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:32 PM   #168 (permalink)
Banned

14 more just hit tonight out of my 1000+ submission. a little over 100 more to go.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:04 PM   #169 (permalink)

3 more cards processed tonight. 3, really?
Old 03-22-2014, 12:01 AM   #170 (permalink)

I've had two decent sized chunks get popped this week - some pretty cool stuff for sure. Lots more cool stuff that hasn't popped that I would love to get up for this sale.

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 12:30 AM   #171 (permalink)

I sent in my first submission of ~750 cards (got there on 2/28), and the first 4 cards were processed today. Random Olympic cards and 1 baseball. Happy to see they are starting to pop as this is week 3.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:54 AM   #172 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil2422 View Post
3 more cards processed tonight. 3, really?
I had TWO pop last night....2 scrubby baseball autos.

I have a bunch of SportKings that are organized still sitting idle in Washington.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:37 PM   #173 (permalink)

I have yet to see one person on here that likes the new process.
What do they do,2 cards here,3 cards there.Hey let's post 4 cards for this guy.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:49 PM   #174 (permalink)

While I've had small pops like that - most of mine have been much larger. I preferred the old 2-week submission for most of my stuff...if they were hitting close to the four week average on submissions, I don't think I would mind. So far mine seem to be past the four week average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
I have yet to see one person on here that likes the new process.
What do they do,2 cards here,3 cards there.Hey let's post 4 cards for this guy.

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:02 PM   #175 (permalink)

Looks like Im the winner.1 card yesterday.
brewcrew82 is offline   Reply With Quote