Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2014, 12:56 PM   #201 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: sj
Posts: 1,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
I don't think people would be complaining as much if COMC didn't advertise that they were aiming for keeping it around a 4 week average, just like before. It just doesn't seem like that's the case. Instead of new stuff going in after 2 weeks, and the rest going in after 5 or 6, it looks like 3-4 weeks for the newer stuff, and 7-8 weeks for the rest.

I get that we are paying for 2-8 week service, but I think the problem lies in that COMC did say what they did.
i think you hit it on the head. I thought the same as you, and so far the earliest i have had a card go live is about the 4 week mark.

I am curious though how the new football cards are going to be processed. According to the video and following responses, i understand football cards may not have names next to them. Will cards be ready to price with nbo names attached?

this part from the blog responses kind of has me feely a lil nervous

Chuck says:
March 25, 2014 at 4:26 am
Maybe I’m not understanding things, but are you saying that football cards on the site won’t initially have data like player name after the switch? So it will be impossible for buyers to find our cards by searching for weeks/months?

Reply
Tim Getsch @ COMC says:
March 25, 2014 at 10:52 am
That is correct. People will not be able to search for football player until sometime in mid to late April. They will be able to browse brands and look at the cards, but they won’t be able to search for players.

We were unfortunately not given enough time to replace all of the data, and March 31st is the last day we can leave the old data on the site.

Note to Sellers: We will not charge any storage fees for listings that are missing either the player information or the the detailed set information.


As a seller, i wouldnt mind comc setting up some type of system where we can edit the info ourselves, hit save for comc review, then comc reviews it for accuracy. perhaps it could help speed things up for them.

Last edited by sjscout; 03-26-2014 at 01:05 PM.
sjscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:03 PM   #202 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Posts: 481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil2422 View Post
Did everyone else get the email from COMC today about the catalog data and price suggestions? What are your thoughts on how this will affect sales? I have about 5,000 cards I want to send in but am a little nervous about doing so with the transition away from Beckett values.
Not at all a fan of the price suggestions...not really sure what the purpose of it is...it is up to the seller to do their research...Unless it is a big dollar card...I am not much concerned about "book value"....what really matters to me is what someone is willing to pay for the card...check completed listings on ebay...that is the true value of the card these days

I think it will hurt the unique cards on there....a base 2013 Jeter that books at $2 but will not even sell for .50....not sure what the point is of that...I will price and buy cards according to what I think the market is....seems like alot of effort for something (to me anyway) will be pretty useless
OLDPAPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:15 PM   #203 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: sj
Posts: 1,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDPAPER View Post
Not at all a fan of the price suggestions...not really sure what the purpose of it is...it is up to the seller to do their research...Unless it is a big dollar card...I am not much concerned about "book value"....what really matters to me is what someone is willing to pay for the card...check completed listings on ebay...that is the true value of the card these days

I think it will hurt the unique cards on there....a base 2013 Jeter that books at $2 but will not even sell for .50....not sure what the point is of that...I will price and buy cards according to what I think the market is....seems like alot of effort for something (to me anyway) will be pretty useless
Ebay completed listings suck.
Bad titles, bad end times, auctions (usually go for less than buy it nows) all hurt sales. I have gottn more than ebay completed lisitngs in person and on comc so many times. Had i gone by them, i would have left money on the table.

I also agree BV sucks. But it is an industry standard and its not hard to determine what percent of bv a certain player or card should bring in. However, COMC is hoping to change that standard. For their case, and ours, i hope it works.
sjscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:20 PM   #204 (permalink)
Member
 
TheHeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
I don't think people would be complaining as much if COMC didn't advertise that they were aiming for keeping it around a 4 week average, just like before. It just doesn't seem like that's the case. Instead of new stuff going in after 2 weeks, and the rest going in after 5 or 6, it looks like 3-4 weeks for the newer stuff, and 7-8 weeks for the rest.

I get that we are paying for 2-8 week service, but I think the problem lies in that COMC did say what they did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjscout View Post
i think you hit it on the head. I thought the same as you, and so far the earliest i have had a card go live is about the 4 week mark.

I am curious though how the new football cards are going to be processed. According to the video and following responses, i understand football cards may not have names next to them. Will cards be ready to price with nbo names attached?

this part from the blog responses kind of has me feely a lil nervous

Chuck says:
March 25, 2014 at 4:26 am
Maybe Iím not understanding things, but are you saying that football cards on the site wonít initially have data like player name after the switch? So it will be impossible for buyers to find our cards by searching for weeks/months?

Reply
Tim Getsch @ COMC says:
March 25, 2014 at 10:52 am
That is correct. People will not be able to search for football player until sometime in mid to late April. They will be able to browse brands and look at the cards, but they wonít be able to search for players.

We were unfortunately not given enough time to replace all of the data, and March 31st is the last day we can leave the old data on the site.

Note to Sellers: We will not charge any storage fees for listings that are missing either the player information or the the detailed set information.


As a seller, i wouldnt mind comc setting up some type of system where we can edit the info ourselves, hit save for comc review, then comc reviews it for accuracy. perhaps it could help speed things up for them.
I am feeling the same....
__________________
48,230
Pending Deals: Raviry, tsgfx
TheHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:32 PM   #205 (permalink)
Member
 
basezloaded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Corinth, Maine
Posts: 551
Default

Received 2/24/14 Due 4/19/14
45/750 processed
Progress "79%"
basezloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:28 PM   #206 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil2422 View Post
Did everyone else get the email from COMC today about the catalog data and price suggestions? What are your thoughts on how this will affect sales? I have about 5,000 cards I want to send in but am a little nervous about doing so with the transition away from Beckett values.
Yeah this didn't make me too happy. Not to mention, they say mid-late April but if it goes past that and into the NFL draft it will kill a lot of potential sales if names can't be searched. Especially if certain players are traded or if you have leaf metal cards on the site.
Jim's cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:47 PM   #207 (permalink)
Member
 
amazingpacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil2422 View Post
Did everyone else get the email from COMC today about the catalog data and price suggestions? What are your thoughts on how this will affect sales? I have about 5,000 cards I want to send in but am a little nervous about doing so with the transition away from Beckett values.
in my opinion comc is over "engineering" the price guide. everyone knows beckett is 10% of what they print on "HI" value. Hot players are daily pricing. It is simple and easy to just "compare" groups of cards stars,semistars,commons,superstars and what not.

Every single transaction has variables distinct to that transaction. To try and factor every single transaction to be perfect is impossible.

I think a efficient search engine will sell cards more then a price guide of past sales. ebay has a great search engine with spelling variations and word search in the search itself.
__________________
COMC : prices so low i need to raise them .
COMC : Make offers on Higher Priced Cards Thru PM, Price will be adjusted accordingly .[/B]!
"your boss is watching, get back to work"
amazingpacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:02 PM   #208 (permalink)
Member
 
Swipe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Coeur d'Alene, ID
Posts: 3,813
Default

I think an average of completed sales is going to be useful - sure each may have it's own variables, but if you have the data you can find a middle ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingpacks View Post
in my opinion comc is over "engineering" the price guide. everyone knows beckett is 10% of what they print on "HI" value. Hot players are daily pricing. It is simple and easy to just "compare" groups of cards stars,semistars,commons,superstars and what not.

Every single transaction has variables distinct to that transaction. To try and factor every single transaction to be perfect is impossible.

I think a efficient search engine will sell cards more then a price guide of past sales. ebay has a great search engine with spelling variations and word search in the search itself.
__________________

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:26 PM   #209 (permalink)
Member
 
amazingpacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
I think an average of completed sales is going to be useful - sure each may have it's own variables, but if you have the data you can find a middle ground.
For me, what the card is selling for now and in the future is important. not what it sold for in the past. comc has a current "comc price" guide already, the lowest price for that card is the perfect price guide. if it is priced to cheap, someone gobbles it up and the price stabilizes at the fair market price naturally almost like a "ticker" for stocks.

but if programmers want to try and force a market price fine. hope they force prices up not down and ruin a good thing. I wonder what will happen to everyones view when the port values drop 50-90% in April. $100,000 BV ports show up $10,000 Value. will offers for ports come in at $1,000 instead of $10,000 ?

BLACK TUESDAY Sports card style. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_Street_Crash_of_1929 devalued paper. lol
__________________
COMC : prices so low i need to raise them .
COMC : Make offers on Higher Priced Cards Thru PM, Price will be adjusted accordingly .[/B]!
"your boss is watching, get back to work"

Last edited by amazingpacks; 03-26-2014 at 03:31 PM.
amazingpacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:33 PM   #210 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: sj
Posts: 1,081
Default

Back on topic- 1 card just popped from my batch of 115. this batch was received on 2/28 with a due date of 4/25.
sjscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:37 PM   #211 (permalink)
Member
 
amazingpacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjscout View Post
Back on topic- 1 card just popped from my batch of 115. this batch was received on 2/28 with a due date of 4/25.
2010 - 2014 topps? i had some topps pop up last week.
__________________
COMC : prices so low i need to raise them .
COMC : Make offers on Higher Priced Cards Thru PM, Price will be adjusted accordingly .[/B]!
"your boss is watching, get back to work"
amazingpacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:44 PM   #212 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: sj
Posts: 1,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingpacks View Post
2010 - 2014 topps? i had some topps pop up last week.
2011 topps prime rookie of demarco murray.odd to say the least.
i have several batches up there, cannot remember what was in this one while i am at work.

P.s- did you see my questions in the sportslot guide thread. if so, shoot me answers

Last edited by sjscout; 03-26-2014 at 03:58 PM.
sjscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:14 PM   #213 (permalink)
Member
 
SpastikMooss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Everywhere you look (Shoo-bit-a-ba-ba-bow)
Posts: 14,941
Default

Guess we just gotta speed up with our data entry! lol
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:17 PM   #214 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjscout View Post
Back on topic- 1 card just popped from my batch of 115. this batch was received on 2/28 with a due date of 4/25.
Kind of the same boat for me. It seems a little over 1/2 pop by the 4 week mark and very little ahead of that mark. I love how with the processing was first changed, they made it sound like most everything will remain within 4 weeks, or possibly even sooner and 8 weeks would be the exception to the rule. Not so much IMO. Being a natural pessimist, I figured this would be the case, but I'll say it's still pretty disappointing.
__________________
COMC Prices Dropped and Auto-Accept set to 20%!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:12 PM   #215 (permalink)
Member
 
Swipe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Coeur d'Alene, ID
Posts: 3,813
Default

I don't see the current price as something you can pinpoint - just like Beckett, this is supposed to be used as a guide. No rules saying you can't sell for more/less than a certain amount. If you want card pricing like stocks, head over to The Pit and check that out. For me, this is supposed to be a composite of many sales that give a middle ground. Obviously, you may have to think a little objectively with your pricing to get what you want. If someone gets hot, you raise the price accordingly - just like you would react in a real world situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingpacks View Post
For me, what the card is selling for now and in the future is important. not what it sold for in the past. comc has a current "comc price" guide already, the lowest price for that card is the perfect price guide. if it is priced to cheap, someone gobbles it up and the price stabilizes at the fair market price naturally almost like a "ticker" for stocks.

but if programmers want to try and force a market price fine. hope they force prices up not down and ruin a good thing. I wonder what will happen to everyones view when the port values drop 50-90% in April. $100,000 BV ports show up $10,000 Value. will offers for ports come in at $1,000 instead of $10,000 ?

BLACK TUESDAY Sports card style. Wall Street Crash of 1929 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia devalued paper. lol
__________________

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:12 PM   #216 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Posts: 481
Default

I am now 4/700 on cards submitted 2/28

2 vintage hockey
2 2014 Topps baseball buybacks
OLDPAPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:21 PM   #217 (permalink)
Member
 
amazingpacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
I don't see the current price as something you can pinpoint - just like Beckett, this is supposed to be used as a guide. No rules saying you can't sell for more/less than a certain amount. If you want card pricing like stocks, head over to The Pit and check that out. For me, this is supposed to be a composite of many sales that give a middle ground. Obviously, you may have to think a little objectively with your pricing to get what you want. If someone gets hot, you raise the price accordingly - just like you would react in a real world situation.
lol. you know everything. you are right.
__________________
COMC : prices so low i need to raise them .
COMC : Make offers on Higher Priced Cards Thru PM, Price will be adjusted accordingly .[/B]!
"your boss is watching, get back to work"
amazingpacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:49 PM   #218 (permalink)
Member
 
Swipe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Coeur d'Alene, ID
Posts: 3,813
Default

Cards are only worth what people pay for them - showing an average of sales gives you the median price...just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingpacks View Post
lol. you know everything. you are right.
__________________

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:59 PM   #219 (permalink)
Member
 
amazingpacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
Cards are only worth what people pay for them - showing an average of sales gives you the median price...just saying.
You are right.

My stupid opinion is that if a card is listed at $1 and is the lowest and nobody bought it, pricing a card at $2 because it sold for $2=$5 in the past makes no sense and a waste of time. It isnt selling at a $1 at this moment in time and if you are not willing to buy it because it is grossly underpriced ,$1 is the market asking price or value with a even cheaper price being more realistic. comc is a great guide without needing additional book value inputs.

Just program a multiplier of 5-10x lowest price for Retail book. probably take comc 1 day max to develop a guide off of the lowest price of all the card on comc.
__________________
COMC : prices so low i need to raise them .
COMC : Make offers on Higher Priced Cards Thru PM, Price will be adjusted accordingly .[/B]!
"your boss is watching, get back to work"
amazingpacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:24 PM   #220 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Posts: 481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDPAPER View Post
I am now 4/700 on cards submitted 2/28

2 vintage hockey
2 2014 Topps baseball buybacks

Dang...I am on a roll now....17 more cards were uploaded...all 1985 Topps Tiffany baseball...beginning to see some patterns
OLDPAPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:51 PM   #221 (permalink)
Member
 
Swipe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Coeur d'Alene, ID
Posts: 3,813
Default

Not sure why your opinion would be stupid - what you mention is like the people that list a card at full BV, just because it says BV $8.00. I think the COMC price guide idea is to adjust prices according to the market - if a card value falls off it would obviously decrease the list price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingpacks View Post
You are right.

My stupid opinion is that if a card is listed at $1 and is the lowest and nobody bought it, pricing a card at $2 because it sold for $2=$5 in the past makes no sense and a waste of time. It isnt selling at a $1 at this moment in time and if you are not willing to buy it because it is grossly underpriced ,$1 is the market asking price or value with a even cheaper price being more realistic. comc is a great guide without needing additional book value inputs.

Just program a multiplier of 5-10x lowest price for Retail book. probably take comc 1 day max to develop a guide off of the lowest price of all the card on comc.
__________________

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:33 PM   #222 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa.
Posts: 305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingpacks View Post
For me, what the card is selling for now and in the future is important. not what it sold for in the past. comc has a current "comc price" guide already, the lowest price for that card is the perfect price guide. if it is priced to cheap, someone gobbles it up and the price stabilizes at the fair market price naturally almost like a "ticker" for stocks.

but if programmers want to try and force a market price fine. hope they force prices up not down and ruin a good thing. I wonder what will happen to everyones view when the port values drop 50-90% in April. $100,000 BV ports show up $10,000 Value. will offers for ports come in at $1,000 instead of $10,000 ?

BLACK TUESDAY Sports card style. Wall Street Crash of 1929 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia devalued paper. lol
I could care less what value they put on my port, just like I do not care that my current COMC port is valued at $170,000 Beckett BV...I know what I have in it , I know its worth to me and what i would want for it....there really is no value at all other than the amount what you and another person agree at.
Dragonman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:00 PM   #223 (permalink)
Member
 
amazingpacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
I could care less what value they put on my port, just like I do not care that my current COMC port is valued at $170,000 Beckett BV...I know what I have in it , I know its worth to me and what i would want for it....there really is no value at all other than the amount what you and another person agree at.


If people think that book value is useless, lets all ask comc to value all cards at $0.05 and see what happens to sales and the site since nobody cares and think it does not matter.

we might not even find one buyer to agree to offer anymore.
__________________
COMC : prices so low i need to raise them .
COMC : Make offers on Higher Priced Cards Thru PM, Price will be adjusted accordingly .[/B]!
"your boss is watching, get back to work"
amazingpacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:16 PM   #224 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 868
Default

I guess one of my main questions with the fee pricing is, how much of the fee they were charging before had to do with paying for the Beckett BV? If were no longer receiving BV's since they are going to be gone, should the prices to upload decrease? Im sure they are spending a ton on the implementation of this new value program but I am sure some people wouldn't have sent in without those values.
__________________
I collect Randy Moss, Prince Fielder and Ryan Braun autographs!


Supercollecting Cedric Griffin (06 Rookie Cornerback - Vikings) 71/153 !!
vikingfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:16 PM   #225 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa.
Posts: 305
Default

Ok then you are welcome to go thru my port and buy any card in there at its so called book value.
Dragonman is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.