Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2014, 11:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Paypal Reduced Fees Information & Application

My apologies for not bringing this to the forum sooner; I don't know why or what I was thinking.

I'm guessing that many on this forum are not aware of just how easy it is to receive reduced fees using Paypal, so I thought it prudent to create a post in the attempt to save everyone in here as much money as possible. You might be surprised just how much. (Mods, you can sticky this, move it to any section you deem appropriate).

For any member with a Paypal account, you can have fees each month reduced by as much as 33%. Chances are only Blowout will receive that high a discount, but here is the breakdown of how much you'll save.

Members sell $3,000 - $10,000 in Goods - Paypal fee becomes 2.5% + $0.30
Members sell $10,001 - $100,000 in Goods - Paypal fee becomes 2.2% + $0.30
Members sell $100,000+ in Goods - Paypal fee becomes 1.9% + $0.30

The discount is automatically applied at the end of the month based on your total sales, and in order to receive it, you simply have to apply to the Paypal Merchant Discount program. It takes 5 seconds, and so long as your account is in good standing (and have sales of at least $3,000 in the month before you apply), you are automatically approved. Here's the link ... (you must be logged into Paypal before clicking this link).

https://www.paypal.com/row/cgi-bin/w...ees-rate-about

If you fall short of $3,000 in a month, you receive no discount. This will not remove you from future discounts; so you are always enrolled in this program.

So, GROUP BREAKERS especially ... make sure you apply ASAP and start charging everyone that shows up a smaller Paypal fee. In Houdini's 100 Case Bowman 14' Break, this would have saved members over $1,000. Imagine what it can save all breaks, all the time.

Last edited by NeedChapmans; 05-07-2014 at 11:47 PM.
NeedChapmans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:10 AM   #2 (permalink)

Great info. Thanks
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:27 AM   #3 (permalink)

Sweet. Thanks for the heads up!

Buying any and all 2014 Bowman Jacob deGrom cards! Let me know what you have and a price!
YouFold2Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

Don't think I've ever had 3K sales in a month, but will pass it along to bigger sellers I know, thanks for the heads up!
Old 05-08-2014, 01:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Just applied for my personal business account and I also just applied for the BlowoutTV's account.

Both were approved instantly.

Thanks.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:24 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Don't think I've ever had 3K sales in a month, but will pass it along to bigger sellers I know, thanks for the heads up!
I could be wrong but paypal used to email accounts that crossed this threshold, I know they did with me and many other breakers but shoot that was 10 years back so may not be the case any more...
in fact they called me and strongly suggested it and made my paypal debit card a BUSINESS debit card, which I guess was fine since it made the cash back be 1.5% back instantly rather than 1% back at end of month, which is still grandfathered in

every little bit helps for sure and good to pass along to check and make sure everyone is enrolled as I know many who said they ignored it in the past and went back and did it later
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbre...QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0
brentandbecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:22 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentandbecca View Post
I could be wrong but paypal used to email accounts that crossed this threshold, I know they did with me and many other breakers but shoot that was 10 years back so may not be the case any more...
in fact they called me and strongly suggested it and made my paypal debit card a BUSINESS debit card, which I guess was fine since it made the cash back be 1.5% back instantly rather than 1% back at end of month, which is still grandfathered in

every little bit helps for sure and good to pass along to check and make sure everyone is enrolled as I know many who said they ignored it in the past and went back and did it later
No emails any more sadly ... a very un-advertised discount these days.

But, with the increasing number of large breaks on here, it will keep the amount paid to the Paypal empire down (at least a little bit).
Old 05-08-2014, 10:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
No emails any more sadly ... a very un-advertised discount these days.

But, with the increasing number of large breaks on here, it will keep the amount paid to the Paypal empire down (at least a little bit).
i think they called me actually about this but i was busy so i couldn't really talk about it... thanks for the heads up!
Old 05-08-2014, 10:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentandbecca View Post

I need to look into this I have a debit card but not a business...........hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 05-08-2014, 03:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordy22 View Post
I need to look into this I have a debit card but not a business...........hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
they no longer offer the 1.5%, mine is grandfathered in, so new ones just get the 1% cash back
my paypal account was opened at the end of 1999, and looking back it was 2001 when this started for me - at least it says that is when I went to business premier account
I remember the debit card and better discounts at same time during same call

I know that they have called/emailed some a few years back because like the poster above they ignored it or were too busy and later signed up, I always figured everyone was in it by now, to me it is crazy that people have to SIGN UP to get better discounts

The business debit card was required when I switched over to business account, but it is my understanding there are no differences now unless they are small (I will say once a hotel would not take it since it said BUSINESS PREMIER on it it, but just once a couple years back)
Old 05-08-2014, 03:35 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordy22 View Post
I just checked you can go under PRODUCTS & SERVICES, or on home account page the quick links on right side one says PAYPAL DEBIT CARD, click that to see what you have...I don't use mine much since I withdrawal more than use the card, but mine says this...

PayPal Business Debit MasterCard® Summary

Lifetime cash back: $XXXX.XX USD

Cash back Earn 1.5% cash back whenever you sign for a purchase. With this PayPal Business Debit MasterCard, you can select the credit option instead of the debit option when making purchases.:1.5%
This month: $XX.XX USD*
View cash back summary

EDIT: Removed $ amounts, lol, and replaced with X's

Last edited by brentandbecca; 05-08-2014 at 04:21 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:49 PM   #12 (permalink)

Another way to reduce Paypal fees, especially if your average item is 13.00 or less is to get a micropayments account you pay a higher percentage, but its 5 cents instead of 30 cents on the transaction fee. Sales under 10.00 the difference is pretty large, when you get to 13 the discount is generally negated.
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:59 PM   #13 (permalink)

I never applied for this because I thought it only works if you sell $3000 every month. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:58 PM   #14 (permalink)

Doesn't this also qualify you to have the income reported to the IRS? For those of us without extremely detailed transaction histories to demonstrate our costs, this could lead to some major tax issues.
crazyweslove is offline   Reply With Quote