Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2014, 05:45 PM   #51 (permalink)

Pretty slow for me. Sales are almost identical to April in cards sold, when the site was down for part of the month. Dollar-wise, this is my lowest month so far this year. I did about 50% of May; although that month was boosted by the free promo & Heritage finally going live.

June 2013 was my best month ever.

Auto accepting 20% off at COMC.
GoBeavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:28 PM   #52 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

June 2014 $1,070.90 379

a good month for me..........
Old 06-30-2014, 06:52 PM   #53 (permalink)

I am at $592 so far this month...help me get to $600 everyone!! Shooting for a grand in July!

Please check out my port for great deals on your favorite players or teams! Always looking to buy small ports....please PM me.
OLDPAPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:13 PM   #54 (permalink)

612 sales for 1577.85
I sold more cards in June than in any other month.
However the average sales price per card has been down.

Unless something changes in next couple hours, this will be my 5th lowest sales month (dollar wise) out of the 20 months selling.

April May and June of this year were the only 3 months I averaged under 3 dollars per sale. My overall 20 month average was about 4.50. I attribute this to the processing issues (some good cards were not dropping), but also these are the first three months I used an auto accept and had paid sales/discounts. So in essence, to kickstart sales, I may have kicked myself in the foot a little.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:02 PM   #55 (permalink)

1,066 cards sold for $286.24

Previous price high was $124.89 (mostly a Strasburg autograph) in October of 2011 and 133 cards in May of this year. I'm definitely an outlier...but I'm liking this month.

Although to be fair, so much of it was low end. I'm only now just getting better at higher end. Sold a few Griffeys and a George Springer today.
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:19 AM   #56 (permalink)

Up to 5 cards sold this month.
amazingpacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:37 AM   #57 (permalink)

Final numbers - 525 Cards sold for $810.04 - I will take it!

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
If you ask for a price/make an offer - please have the courtesy to respond.
Swipe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:37 AM   #58 (permalink)

-$20 in storage fees.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:41 AM   #59 (permalink)

Sucky, but you have 4,000 cards in your port. How did you only generate five sales in an entire month? May want to investigate that. My storage fees are $4.69 with almost 2,800 cards. Gotta sell through some of that inventory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingpacks View Post
-$20 in storage fees.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:43 AM   #60 (permalink)

I had a good sales month in June. It's also because I added a huge new inventory compared to the past few months
Old 07-01-2014, 12:49 PM   #61 (permalink)

I came in just slightly above May, which wasn't too bad of a month. In fact it is almost identical to 2013. It is still down overall from 2012, and more so 2011...but this is the new norm, since the .25 fee was introduced.
papercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:00 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by papercards View Post
I came in just slightly above May, which wasn't too bad of a month. In fact it is almost identical to 2013. It is still down overall from 2012, and more so 2011...but this is the new norm, since the .25 fee was introduced.
My June 2013 and 2014 sales were also pretty much identical ( about a 100 dollar difference).
Old 07-01-2014, 01:34 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
Sucky, but you have 4,000 cards in your port. How did you only generate five sales in an entire month? May want to investigate that. My storage fees are $4.69 with almost 2,800 cards. Gotta sell through some of that inventory!
My prices are so low i reject almost all offers. Its tough to list newer autos like chrome ,platinum and 2010+ for $.75 and get offers for $.50.

So i sell nothing usually. thinking of doing the Jack up prices to $10.00 and have 90% off sales . Would cost the buyers more but that is what works. Super low starting prices dont work to good(Even losing money on some amazon sales because my prices are too low to begin with)
Also another benefit with having jacked up prices, my "insured" port worth is valued over $200,000 instead of $22,000.

Its only a couple bucks a month. since i moved my time to the stock market i been making alot lot lot lot more money . SO indirectly i need to thank comc and the horrible transition the last few months which pushed me into some actual money making with my leisure time. Strange how things work out in the long run.

jjaja
Old 07-01-2014, 02:10 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
My prices are so low i reject almost all offers. Its tough to list newer autos like chrome ,platinum and 2010+ for $.75 and get offers for $.50.

So i sell nothing usually. thinking of doing the Jack up prices to $10.00 and have 90% off sales . Would cost the buyers more but that is what works. Super low starting prices dont work to good(Even losing money on some amazon sales because my prices are too low to begin with)
Also another benefit with having jacked up prices, my "insured" port worth is valued over $200,000 instead of $22,000.
I don't think those sales work so good. Most people see through them . In fact i just started having sales, and i noticed my average price per card sold has dropped significantly............crap no wonder, i forgot to jack up the prices!!!! I knew i was missing something.

Regarding your first paragrah, i have noticed that since eveyones specific cards (depending on type) process about the same time, that the race to the bottom has QUICKENED SIGNIFICANTLY!!!!! Who wants to send in cards that you have to price at 50 cents (just .25 cent profit) and your still not the lowest.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:39 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjscout View Post
Regarding your first paragrah, i have noticed that since eveyones specific cards (depending on type) process about the same time, that the race to the bottom has QUICKENED SIGNIFICANTLY!!!!! Who wants to send in cards that you have to price at 50 cents (just .25 cent profit) and your still not the lowest.
I absolutely agree with this. I feel like I'm definitely going to have to be more selective when sending in cards from new products because there are just too many of each card being uploaded at once. I usually try to be the lowest on the site for all my cards but some of them I just can't fathom pricing it that low yet. Maybe after I've had the card for a few months but not right after it's uploaded.

Anyway, back on topic, I sold 75 cards for $192.08 this month. The number of cards sold is up but the money is down from May. My port is fairly small though and I'm usually able to turn my cards around quickly so my sales can be somewhat volatile from month to month.
Please Note: I do all my transactions through COMC. This DOES NOT mean you need a COMC account to buy my card. You can still buy it directly through COMC using PAYPAL but we will need to agree on a price here because you can only buy it for the price I have it listed at on COMC. Just PM me and we can negotiate a price. Thanks!
wphill02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:36 PM   #66 (permalink)
GA0

June was my second full month of selling on COMC, my numbers were 25 items for $83.13. Both were bigger numbers than my first month in May(15 for $69.45), but the $ per card ratio is lower due to me getting desperate for sales and lowering cards to .50 lol.

My port isn't that huge (~400 cards), so would either number be "good" for a port of my size?
Old 07-02-2014, 12:48 AM   #67 (permalink)

I think only a small portion of what I sell is through offers - usually people on here. Amazon is a small percentage of what I sell as well. I was looking through your port and you seem to have decent stuff - mostly a baseball guy, so can only judge from that. It just seems bizarre that you only had five sales in June with all that you have available. It just seems super weird...I mean...I sold 11 cards so far today out of my port.

I wouldn't recommend being one of the guys who jacks up prices and then has an 80% off sale. I don't think it's as successful as being competitive with your pricing and having a good inventory.

Quote:

Its only a couple bucks a month. since i moved my time to the stock market i been making alot lot lot lot more money . SO indirectly i need to thank comc and the horrible transition the last few months which pushed me into some actual money making with my leisure time. Strange how things work out in the long run.

jjaja

Old 07-02-2014, 02:07 PM   #68 (permalink)

June 2014
Port size - 15,692 cards
Quantity Sold - 567
Sales - $265.04
Storage Fees - $(5.67)
Sales Fees - $(18.00)

Both sales and quantity are high water marks for the year. As stated before, I sell nothing of value and rely on volume. Quantity sold is almost double any other month this year, so I take that as a positive sign for site traffic. Just my two cents.
basezloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:16 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by basezloaded View Post
June 2014
Port size - 15,692 cards
Quantity Sold - 567
Sales - $265.04
Storage Fees - $(5.67)
Sales Fees - $(18.00)

Both sales and quantity are high water marks for the year. As stated before, I sell nothing of value and rely on volume. Quantity sold is almost double any other month this year, so I take that as a positive sign for site traffic. Just my two cents.
I also had my most sales this past month. However, it was also for the lowest price per card of any of my selling months. Low end stuff certainly seems to be moving.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:20 PM   #70 (permalink)

This June was my worst selling month since May 2008 (Month I started selling)
Super32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:25 PM   #71 (permalink)

Man - already at 29 cards sold for $67.98 in July. Hope the pace keeps up!

Old 07-02-2014, 03:45 PM   #72 (permalink)

Yeah...July is off to a good start for me too....$44.16 for 23 cards

Please check out my port for great deals on your favorite players or teams! Always looking to buy small ports....please PM me.
OLDPAPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:50 PM   #73 (permalink)

My June was 157 cards sold for $856.23. I'm sure it could have been a lot better had I priced some cards that are waiting on me, but I think I've only added a couple hundred cards since April. So most of these sales are on cards that were added in 2013 or older.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:10 PM   #74 (permalink)

I had good sales (about 20 bucks a week out of a 5k port) till I stopped posting on this forum lol 2 weeks ago. I think I sold about 5 bucks since than :x
knowname is offline   Reply With Quote