Blowout Cards Forums
Start Your Reign of Domination Now with GetTheMachine.com!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2014, 02:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default You can tell the kiddies are out of school

The past couple of weeks have become a virtual minefield on Ebay. I know that it happens every summer, but this year seems to be the worst I recall.. Cannot wait for school to start back up.
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

I had that happen a couple weeks ago when colleges got out.

People are hitting the bins left & right on rookie cards right now. We have our good weeks & bad weeks. Never can tell. Guess that is why its still a hobby for me.
benshobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benshobbies View Post
I had that happen a couple weeks ago when colleges got out.

People are hitting the bins left & right on rookie cards right now. We have our good weeks & bad weeks. Never can tell. Guess that is why its still a hobby for me.
Yeah it seems to come in cycles, but the last few weeks have been just horrible, not sales wise, just PITA wise, sales have been great but seems every buyer wants their hand held through the whole transaction. Had one complaining today how the label was taped onto a package.

Last edited by shrevecity; 06-20-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

I really have a hard time believing this.Are you telling me they can't hit the bin button during the school year.

Last edited by chezball; 06-21-2014 at 05:18 PM.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

so much moaning. you guys sell the chrome, you want the chrome money, you have to deal with the chrome problems. I've rarely had a problem with people on ebay as a seller over some 15 years on ebay now. chrome guys complaining about non-payers and flakes is akin to a crack dealer crying that someone pulled a gun on them.
#chromeproblems
phosgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 05:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

The OP sells a lot of of clothes.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

Condition is usually not a problem for me. I've had people come back & tell me their cards graded mint.

Its the other side of the hobby that most people fail at. The customer side.

Young people just aren't cued into how the business runs, and how things are done. I know because I was once that way, but learned quickly.

It gets irritating cause you'd like to make money every week but can't because teenagers don't realize it costs more than $1.00 to ship a bubble mailer.
benshobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:46 AM   #8 (permalink)

I've been selling on ebay for awhile. probably sold several hundred used clothing items. non-payers were very infrequent. I had one return. to my recollection, never got negged over a clothing item, which is not easy to do selling used items. buyers were pretty mellow. describe stuff accurately, ship it fast and there is very little room for problems.
phosgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:00 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phosgene View Post
I've been selling on ebay for awhile. probably sold several hundred used clothing items. non-payers were very infrequent. I had one return. to my recollection, never got negged over a clothing item, which is not easy to do selling used items. buyers were pretty mellow. describe stuff accurately, ship it fast and there is very little room for problems.
Volume makes a big difference when you sell only a couple of hundred items a year you tend to get fewer PITA buyers on average they run about 1 out of every 100 buyers and the problem bidders when they do come up are spread out over a wider time frame. Your feedback shows you have only sold about 40 items or so in the past year, I average 200 to 300 items a week.

I currently have 24 cases open for non-payment, I have one buyer returning an item expecting me to pay the return shipping because he decided he did not want it. Have another wanting a freebie because her item arrived one day after the estimated delivery date, had one Wednesday upset because I put the label on the envelope crooked.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
Volume makes a big difference when you sell only a couple of hundred items a year you tend to get fewer PITA buyers on average they run about 1 out of every 100 buyers and the problem bidders when they do come up are spread out over a wider time frame. Your feedback shows you have only sold about 40 items or so in the past year, I average 200 to 300 items a week.

I currently have 24 cases open for non-payment, I have one buyer returning an item expecting me to pay the return shipping because he decided he did not want it. Have another wanting a freebie because her item arrived one day after the estimated delivery date, had one Wednesday upset because I put the label on the envelope crooked.
Come on? Because the label was crooked? WTF is this hobby coming to? What does that have to do with the card? I have had over 100 non-paying scabs this year, but never over a crooked label. That takes the cake as the funniest reason ever. But, the problem is, you probably do not have that listed so the retard can return it? lmao To quote Roy from Shipping Wars(RIP).....IDIOTS.
QuiteSomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:51 AM   #11 (permalink)

I do accept returns. In another thread I posted about a buyer who complained that when I wrote out his name on the label(was moving so did it the old fashioned way) he did not get it because I misspelled his name. The obvious question is How do you know it was misspelled if you never got it.

Tracking shows it was delivered when I asked that question I never heard from him again.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:41 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
I do accept returns. In another thread I posted about a buyer who complained that when I wrote out his name on the label(was moving so did it the old fashioned way) he did not get it because I misspelled his name. The obvious question is How do you know it was misspelled if you never got it.

Tracking shows it was delivered when I asked that question I never heard from him again.
That is horrendous.Not funny on anyone's behalf that sells items,but still funny.
dlouisb1313 is offline   Reply With Quote