Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2014, 06:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default In about a month or two -- COMC idea

Or after COMC is about 99 percent caught up,

perhaps they can do a different type of promotion

15 cents each plain, however, no time frame for these cards to be put in (In other words, after they are caught up) and instead of the 25 cent current charge which would remain for the normal service; this would be a service to be done in their slower times, However. we would have to remember for these cards, the time framie is totally different and we can not complain if some sit for months and months,

The currwent 25 cent charge etc do remain and does remain.

I know I would send a TON of cards to COMC under those conditions which are just sitting in monxter boxes at this time.

Rich
Plano, Tx. Card Show #3, Sunday March 8, 2015 at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx 9Am to 4 PM. See you there!
sabrgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

In a month or 2 it will be time for the usual National special.
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

people would pay for that? can you sell cards on comc for so much more that you would wait for several months on inventory to be available for sale? and pay to wait, btw, rather than list in an ebay store, or sportlots or any other venue possibly for free. in most retail business models, time is money, but I guess with cards that doesn't apply...
phosgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

I think we are getting that same service now for 12.5 cents...I have overdue cards from 5/17 which keep getting their estimated date pushed back...all that is going to do is encourage people to keep sending in lower quality cards....which this site has too many of already....those mass quantities of lower quality cards is what seems to be gumming up the works
OLDPAPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Time is money - eBay listings, Sportlots, etc. - all very time intensive enterprises - at least for me. The COMC model works, because they handle all of the labor with the exception of card pricing. On top of that, I sell a different kind of card on COMC than I would on eBay...not sure about Sportlots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phosgene View Post
people would pay for that? can you sell cards on comc for so much more that you would wait for several months on inventory to be available for sale? and pay to wait, btw, rather than list in an ebay store, or sportlots or any other venue possibly for free. in most retail business models, time is money, but I guess with cards that doesn't apply...

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

people would pay for that? can you sell cards on comc for so much more that you would wait for several months on inventory to be available for sale? and pay to wait, btw, rather than list in an ebay store, or sportlots or any other venue possibly for free.

Tell you what. I'll send you a few thousand cards, and then you can sort them, identify them, scan them front and back with large clear scans of both sides, post them to eBay one card per listing, describe them, store them, sell them, pack them, and ship them.

I'll gladly pay you 15 cents plus 20% of the sales price per card. You handle all other fees. How many do you want?
Old 06-22-2014, 02:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Most listings on Ebay especially in sportscards are no longer free on Ebay. Most free listing specials that are being sent out now do not include sportscard listings in one form or another. The 5000 listing one now does not include sportscards listed at a fixed price for more than 7 days. I get 500 free listings a month with my store size, but blow through them in about 2 weeks.

When I get rolling I can list about 45 to 50 cards to Ebay in an hour, in the same time i can easily box up 1000 cards to send to COMC. Yes I may get them sold faster on Ebay, but for most base and many low end stuff it is cheaper to send it to COMC pay them a quarter or so and let them store it and sell it for me.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

I hope Collector Revolution takes off. I love their site, but they don't have the crowd for low-end stuff as they do high-end stuff.

COMC needs to have lower fees before I send them more cards. The Flat Rate National fees are amazing, I wish they did a special like that once every couple months or so. Would bring a lot of small time sellers like me every 2 months or so.

If I could send in 500 cards at 12 cents for a 2 month processing time I would. It costs me $.20 on ebay for every listing.
benshobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

Unless Collector Revolution sorts, scans, lists, packs and ships your cards I'm not sure what the advantage is over any other selling venue.

It isn't enough for a new website to simply be a place where sellers can list stuff and buyers can buy it. If the only thing Collector's Revolution has to offer is lower fees, then I don't need them. If they can make it possible for me to sell 10 times as many items for 1 hour of my work, then I'm interested.

If they're not actively involved in the selling process, then at the very least, they should streamline the selling process. Examples (with Magic cards) would be sites like TCGPlayer or Pucatrade, where I can list hundreds or possibly even thousands of items in an hour, because all I have to do is check a box indicating that I have one available for sale. (Or in the case of Pucatrade, I have an item for trade).
Old 06-22-2014, 05:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

EVERY venue can make money.

Use them all.
amazingpacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 05:39 PM   #11 (permalink)

COMC has a good niche, their pricing is what is keeping me away from doing business with them.

I'd rather have cheaper listing fees & slightly higher Final Value fees.

the .35 cents per card is scaring me away for 2 months time. I can make cheaper & quicker flips on ebay.
benshobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:58 PM   #12 (permalink)

It's .25 per card for the basic service. They also do all the work, which means you have more time to do other things. Perfect for certain people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benshobbies View Post
COMC has a good niche, their pricing is what is keeping me away from doing business with them.

I'd rather have cheaper listing fees & slightly higher Final Value fees.

the .35 cents per card is scaring me away for 2 months time. I can make cheaper & quicker flips on ebay.

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:27 AM   #13 (permalink)

I'm not really questioning the value proposition of listing cards on comc in general, but submitting cards to have them be in a black hole for 6 months or whatever, then be available for sale, that just doesn't seem to be the best deal ever.

I'd submit cards myself, but with the delays and the absolute horror that is the website, I'm just gonna go somewhere else. that site used to be the slickest thing and an invaluable resource. now it is just ??????????

but the proposition of selling 0.20 cards for $3 to rubes via amazon sounds attractive. once they get their stuff together, i'll probably send them some stuff.
phosgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:02 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm not really questioning the value proposition of listing cards on comc in general, but submitting cards to have them be in a black hole for 6 months or whatever, then be available for sale, that just doesn't seem to be the best deal ever.

I'd submit cards myself, but with the delays and the absolute horror that is the website, I'm just gonna go somewhere else. that site used to be the slickest thing and an invaluable resource. now it is just ??????????

but the proposition of selling 0.20 cards for $3 to rubes via amazon sounds attractive. once they get their stuff together, i'll probably send them some stuff.
With base cards and some inserts its better than having to pay Ebay listing fees for that same time, since the listing specials typically do not apply to cards listed at fixed price or for items listed. So they count against your normal monthly listings which are not really free if you are a store owner so if that 1.00 card sits in your store 2 months before it sales it has cost you more in listing on Ebay than it would at COMC.

The other plus is when a card sits in your inventory at home for that while it could get misplaced or whatever and that can cause issues on Ebay especially after August 20th. When its at COMC that burden falls on them not you.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:29 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

i just price some cards under cost as a way to advertise. even buy cards and post them cheaper as a loss leader.
amazingpacks is offline   Reply With Quote