Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2014, 07:38 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
thebrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 2,698
Default

I don't really care about SRP other than the fact that it may provide some standardization of pricing and offers

Just today I was asked about buying a port where most of the cards were 5x as expensive as the cheapest on site so I am stuck doing math and looking thru 2,000 cards which I just don't have time for

Keeps me from buying and keeps sellers from selling
__________________
Buying ALL Brandon Finnegan 2014 Bowman Draft Chrome cards
thebrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:59 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Posts: 481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrett View Post
I don't really care about SRP other than the fact that it may provide some standardization of pricing and offers

Just today I was asked about buying a port where most of the cards were 5x as expensive as the cheapest on site so I am stuck doing math and looking thru 2,000 cards which I just don't have time for

Keeps me from buying and keeps sellers from selling
and that right there should tell a port seller to not inflate their prices....I agree with the brett....if i check out a few prices and they are inflated...im not wasting my time looking st the rest of the port
__________________
CURRENTLY RUNNING A 20% OFF SALE ON COMC....THROUGH MONDAY
OLDPAPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:23 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Waco Texas
Posts: 580
Default

Is inflating them the same as marking them up to reduce them for a sale that you know will be 80% off your asking price? Im not sure how other sellers sell ports but mine seem to move quickly with the few Ive done but I have had to increase prices to not get a big loss. It still works out in the buyers favor if you buy the right port...not all or good. Some are too good...I wish I held out for more offers or asked more originally, even with some I priced higher.

Right now my cards are priced similar to what they would be in a port sale...and Im doing this just to hold cards until my next big batch processes so lots of reasons for some low prices going up and back down (at least from this seller), haha
__________________
PC K Wright, Ganaway, Jason Smith T-Will, RG3! Baylor Bear, Dallas Cowboy and TX Rangers
2012 Topps Chrome Blue Wave Redemption Set 75% Complete

http://s.photobucket.com/user/bn087/library/Sports%20Cards
http://comc.com/users/getnixd - 30% Auto Accept RIGHT NOW!
bn087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:43 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Posts: 481
Default

no...inflating them is the Justin Fargas slideshow card that a current port seller has priced at 100 bucks that beckett value is 12 bucks and is really a 2 dollar card.....same port seller has some mma card at 20 bucks when there is one available for a 1.25.....might be an honest mistake...but i cant make an offer on his port with those stupid prices out there
__________________
CURRENTLY RUNNING A 20% OFF SALE ON COMC....THROUGH MONDAY
OLDPAPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:51 PM   #30 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
mgugs46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,056
Send a message via AIM to mgugs46
Default

I'll gladly sell mine if anyone is buying
__________________
Buying rare 90's inserts of Pedro Martinez, Nomar Garciaparra and other Red Sox/star players

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:10 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
thebrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 2,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
I'll gladly sell mine if anyone is buying
How low are you willing to go on it?
__________________
Buying ALL Brandon Finnegan 2014 Bowman Draft Chrome cards
thebrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:45 AM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Posts: 481
Default

Just bought a small one for $80....seller was asking $300...some nice cards....some junk....but it gave me a way to grow my port pretty cheap
__________________
CURRENTLY RUNNING A 20% OFF SALE ON COMC....THROUGH MONDAY
OLDPAPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:25 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
peterose4hof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,509
Default

Shameless plug....

My port is for sale

Promotion Details - COMC Online Marketplace

Here are the stats

Items for Sale 604
Items without SRP 604
Total SRP $0.00
Total Asking Price $1,666.47
Average SRP N/A
Average Asking Price $2.76
Highest $ Item $33.52
Lowest $ Item $0.20

Every card is priced as the lowest on the site and I have over 200 unique items on the site.

Make me a fair offer and it's yours!
peterose4hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:16 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Posts: 481
Default

When you're plugging your own stuff there is no shame we all have to be in this for ourselves
__________________
CURRENTLY RUNNING A 20% OFF SALE ON COMC....THROUGH MONDAY
OLDPAPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:28 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,212
Default

I guess I will throw my hat into the ring and say my port is for sale at the right price. I keep my prices the lowest on the site and have an interesting mix of cards with over 2,000+ sales in a year. Thanks!
LSUNatChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:50 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,559
Default

go get em oldpaper.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:56 PM   #37 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
mgugs46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,056
Send a message via AIM to mgugs46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrett View Post
How low are you willing to go on it?
Quote:
General Account Info
Items in Inventory 417
Total SRP $0.00
Items w/o SRP 417
Total Asking Price $1,227.20
Items w/o Asking Price 0
Items Not for Sale 1
Items Ready to Ship 1
Total Sales $126.08
Items Sold 41
Items Purchased 1
Items Added to the Site 457
Here is my port. Link under my name. I'm open to any/all offers.
__________________
Buying rare 90's inserts of Pedro Martinez, Nomar Garciaparra and other Red Sox/star players

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:20 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,990
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrett View Post
I wish it was easier to buy and sell ports.

I dislike the people who artificially inflate just so they can advertise a huge discount.

I am trying like hell to get to 20,000 items so I obviously will need to buy some more ports, but it has been really annoying lately.

I am also curious how the MONSTERS like RookiesAndJerseys maintain such a large inventory... I make a point every morning to go out and buy enough to keep 13,000 cards in stock and it can be a hassle... They / He / She has like 1.2 million and growing

I want to eventually become one of the big sellers on COMC, but it is a lot of work when it is just me and I have a full time job and other commitments
What are you buying so much of that you are able to flip?
__________________
Always looking for Andrew McCutchen, 1975 Topps, and Mickey Mantle Home Run History Cards!!!
Albums:http://sportscardalbum.com/u/elijahdf11/a/for-trade-sale
elijahdf11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:40 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
amazingpacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,268
Default

$15,000 for mine.
__________________
COMC : prices so low i need to raise them .
COMC : Make offers on Higher Priced Cards Thru PM, Price will be adjusted accordingly .[/B]!
"your boss is watching, get back to work"
amazingpacks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:46 PM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
SpastikMooss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Everywhere you look (Shoo-bit-a-ba-ba-bow)
Posts: 14,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijahdf11 View Post
What are you buying so much of that you are able to flip?
My cards
__________________
Blowing out my comc with bottom shelf prices...come and get 'em before they're gone!

SpastikMooss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:50 PM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
amazingpacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijahdf11 View Post
What are you buying so much of that you are able to flip?
Not my cards, i only sell 5 cards a month.
__________________
COMC : prices so low i need to raise them .
COMC : Make offers on Higher Priced Cards Thru PM, Price will be adjusted accordingly .[/B]!
"your boss is watching, get back to work"
amazingpacks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:38 AM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
thebrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 2,698
Default

I think it would be very easy to look at my port and see exactly what I buy

Top Prospects
Jeter, Griffey, Ichiro etc...
Bowman Bowman Bowman

I am hoping to set a new all time high in sales this month surpassing $1,521.82 in May

I just packed up 1,500 very solid cards tonight for COMC and I have close to 2,000 already processing

I want to be a big dog... Hopefully I'll be in top 100 for items for sale by the end of 2014
__________________
Buying ALL Brandon Finnegan 2014 Bowman Draft Chrome cards
thebrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:13 PM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
thebrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 2,698
Default

Sometimes when I want to acquire a bunch of a card I will sacrifice one card at fishing price waiting for it to be undercut then buy anything that goes below me. Usually I am able to pick up quite a few before someone buys my sacrificial card

Worked great on Gregory Polanco and I did very well on him overall
__________________
Buying ALL Brandon Finnegan 2014 Bowman Draft Chrome cards
thebrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:24 PM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrett View Post
Sometimes when I want to acquire a bunch of a card I will sacrifice one card at fishing price waiting for it to be undercut then buy anything that goes below me. Usually I am able to pick up quite a few before someone buys my sacrificial card

Worked great on Gregory Polanco and I did very well on him overall



I do this all the time for pc players if im willing to pay 4 per card and there are 5 listed from $3-3.75 I will buy all under the 4 dollar range except for the lowest priced card (heck a lot of times the lowest priced card listed isn't the lowest priced card after the offer is accepted lol) then when someone undercuts that card I hurry up and get the 2nd lowest card which continually drives down my pc players prices (I wont say who he/she is but its obvious once you figure out who lol)

then sometimes someone swoops in and buys the lowest card sending the lowest priced one back up to the moon and I have to either watch the players cards for a month or toss one of mine up fairly low to try and get someone to undercut mine
__________________
deals in progress
jerryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:42 PM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
SpastikMooss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Everywhere you look (Shoo-bit-a-ba-ba-bow)
Posts: 14,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrett View Post
Sometimes when I want to acquire a bunch of a card I will sacrifice one card at fishing price waiting for it to be undercut then buy anything that goes below me. Usually I am able to pick up quite a few before someone buys my sacrificial card

Worked great on Gregory Polanco and I did very well on him overall
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryw View Post
I do this all the time for pc players if im willing to pay 4 per card and there are 5 listed from $3-3.75 I will buy all under the 4 dollar range except for the lowest priced card (heck a lot of times the lowest priced card listed isn't the lowest priced card after the offer is accepted lol) then when someone undercuts that card I hurry up and get the 2nd lowest card which continually drives down my pc players prices (I wont say who he/she is but its obvious once you figure out who lol)

then sometimes someone swoops in and buys the lowest card sending the lowest priced one back up to the moon and I have to either watch the players cards for a month or toss one of mine up fairly low to try and get someone to undercut mine
That's a really fantastic strategy. I dig it.
__________________
Blowing out my comc with bottom shelf prices...come and get 'em before they're gone!

SpastikMooss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:32 AM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
thebrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 2,698
Default

I also like to buy up cards

For example... My new submission goes live and I have a Derek Jeter refractor I think is worth $2.49 but some other cheese d has 3 for $1.14...

I simply buy all 3 of his and price mine plus all 3 for $2.49 each

I sell 2 and it's like I got 2 free...

Its funny to me how little strategy is used on COMC... Lot of people just race to the bottom on price instead of applying some basic economic fundamentals
__________________
Buying ALL Brandon Finnegan 2014 Bowman Draft Chrome cards
thebrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:31 AM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrett View Post
I also like to buy up cards

For example... My new submission goes live and I have a Derek Jeter refractor I think is worth $2.49 but some other cheese d has 3 for $1.14...

I simply buy all 3 of his and price mine plus all 3 for $2.49 each

I sell 2 and it's like I got 2 free...

Its funny to me how little strategy is used on COMC... Lot of people just race to the bottom on price instead of applying some basic economic fundamentals



I used to do this until I ran into a fella ..i bought up the card and within minutes he had a new one up lol...he didn't have all of them for sale so he didn't get charged a storage fee on them lol...

it makes perfect sense why have 8 of a single card listed and pay for them all after 3 months if over 75 cents
__________________
deals in progress
jerryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:36 AM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
thebrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 2,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryw View Post
I used to do this until I ran into a fella ..i bought up the card and within minutes he had a new one up lol...he didn't have all of them for sale so he didn't get charged a storage fee on them lol...

it makes perfect sense why have 8 of a single card listed and pay for them all after 3 months if over 75 cents
With someone like Jeter I am happy to have huge quantities of 1 card because I know he will literally sell forever. Same goes for Griffey, Ichiro etc...
__________________
Buying ALL Brandon Finnegan 2014 Bowman Draft Chrome cards
thebrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:40 AM   #49 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrett View Post
With someone like Jeter I am happy to have huge quantities of 1 card because I know he will literally sell forever. Same goes for Griffey, Ichiro etc...


I have 2 jeter inserts that can be had for under 1.75 lol

I see you found a few cards you liked last night as well lol as always its appreciated
__________________
deals in progress
jerryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:45 AM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
basezloaded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Corinth, Maine
Posts: 551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrett View Post
Its funny to me how little strategy is used on COMC... Lot of people just race to the bottom on price instead of applying some basic economic fundamentals
+1 Completely agree
basezloaded is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.