Blowout Cards Forums
Start Your Reign of Domination Now with GetTheMachine.com!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2014, 09:46 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryw View Post
I have 2 jeter inserts that can be had for under 1.75 lol

I see you found a few cards you liked last night as well lol as always its appreciated
Why don't you have a COMC link in your details over to the left? I was gonna go to your pages and see if there was anything else I could buy

Site is pretty light on good deals currently
Old 06-27-2014, 09:56 AM   #52 (permalink)

I only use COMC to build up my Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning PCs - so I would like to mention my port too is for sale and give this thread a shot. I believe all 46 cards are the lowest on the site for each (they were the other day when I repriced). I would take much less than the cumulative list price if anyone wants them all!

General Portfolio Info
Items For Sale 46
Total SRP $0.00
Items w/o SRP 46
Total Asking Price $155.23

drew724's All Items - COMC Online Marketplace
Old 06-27-2014, 10:14 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrett View Post
I also like to buy up cards

For example... My new submission goes live and I have a Derek Jeter refractor I think is worth $2.49 but some other cheese d has 3 for $1.14...

I simply buy all 3 of his and price mine plus all 3 for $2.49 each

I sell 2 and it's like I got 2 free...

Its funny to me how little strategy is used on COMC... Lot of people just race to the bottom on price instead of applying some basic economic fundamentals
I must really *&^$ people off. I bet 80% of my items are the only ones on COMC, but if I have multiples I only price one. I've had a handful sell and the person marks them up, and then I just price another cheaper.

I've actually tried to contact one seller that has bought a few things where that has happened, but then never responds. Most of mine were submitted through the National promos and I get way more into a box that the capacity, so my submission costs have to be around $0.10/item. I would love to try and work out a port sale with him as well as the other thousands of items I haven't submitted.

Items in Inventory: 1,395
Total SRP: $0.00
Items w/o SRP: 1,395
Total Asking Price: $996.24
Items Not for Sale: 241

Last edited by Gmrson; 06-27-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Gmrson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:56 AM   #54 (permalink)

ports sell all the time...just sold my 2nd in less then a month...they key to getting a truly fair deal is leave something on the bone for the port buyer (which seems obvious but a lot of port sellers want their asking prices) you know its truly a fair price when you feel like they got it at a complete steal and they feel like they are overpaying.. I cant imagine a port wouldn't sell no matter whats in it if your willing to let it go for between 30-40% of (not off) asking price

the 2 fellas I sold my last 2 ports to were regular buyers from me anyways so it only made sense to give them a little better deal then I would to others. it keeps me moving cards and keeps my goto port buyers in business lol...win win
Old 06-27-2014, 11:25 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aja3217 View Post
I only use COMC to build up my Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning PCs - so I would like to mention my port too is for sale and give this thread a shot. I believe all 46 cards are the lowest on the site for each (they were the other day when I repriced). I would take much less than the cumulative list price if anyone wants them all!

General Portfolio Info
Items For Sale 46
Total SRP $0.00
Items w/o SRP 46
Total Asking Price $155.23

drew724's All Items - COMC Online Marketplace
Thanks for the deal, already got everything re-priced and live
Old 06-27-2014, 11:27 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryw View Post
ports sell all the time...just sold my 2nd in less then a month...they key to getting a truly fair deal is leave something on the bone for the port buyer (which seems obvious but a lot of port sellers want their asking prices) you know its truly a fair price when you feel like they got it at a complete steal and they feel like they are overpaying.. I cant imagine a port wouldn't sell no matter whats in it if your willing to let it go for between 30-40% of (not off) asking price

the 2 fellas I sold my last 2 ports to were regular buyers from me anyways so it only made sense to give them a little better deal then I would to others. it keeps me moving cards and keeps my goto port buyers in business lol...win win
Thanks for another easy deal
I think today answers the question "Do Ports Sell" because I have bought 2 in the last 20 minutes

All items already re-priced and live
Old 06-27-2014, 12:36 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmrson View Post
I must really *&^$ people off. I bet 80% of my items are the only ones on COMC, but if I have multiples I only price one. I've had a handful sell and the person marks them up, and then I just price another cheaper.

I've actually tried to contact one seller that has bought a few things where that has happened, but then never responds. Most of mine were submitted through the National promos and I get way more into a box that the capacity, so my submission costs have to be around $0.10/item. I would love to try and work out a port sale with him as well as the other thousands of items I haven't submitted.

Items in Inventory: 1,395
Total SRP: $0.00
Items w/o SRP: 1,395
Total Asking Price: $996.24
Items Not for Sale: 241
LOL

Items w/o Asking Price 312
Items Not for Sale 221
amazingpacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:13 PM   #58 (permalink)

Thinking of selling my port at 50% of current asking price which is already lowest on site for each item. PM if interested.
dcaudle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:26 AM   #59 (permalink)

me too thinking of selling port
amazingpacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:51 AM   #60 (permalink)

My port is for sale if someone in here wants it.

621 items
Total asking price of $777.10

Lucky 7's?

http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g462/teosdesserts/
teosdesserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:18 AM   #61 (permalink)

General question about port sales work. I accepted an offer (RFP) on mine yesterday and literally nothing happened after I clicked accept. I read on the website that the offer then goes back to the user to accept the offer. Also mentions that it gives them time to come up with the funds.

As the seller, do I have any visibility into this? Looking at my dashboard right now you'd never know that I accepted an offer for my whole port. No mention of it and everything appears as if nothing happened. Kinda confusing.
muchotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:38 AM   #62 (permalink)

RFP means the buyer didn't/doesn't have the funds in their account. It's up to the buyer to come up with the funds to complete the transaction. Until they do, no transfer is made.

I've RFP'd a few times, but I usually get it paid off as soon as possible after it is accepted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchotix View Post
General question about port sales work. I accepted an offer (RFP) on mine yesterday and literally nothing happened after I clicked accept. I read on the website that the offer then goes back to the user to accept offer. Also mentions that it gives them time to come up with the funds.

As the seller, do I have any visibility into this? Looking at my dashboard right now you'd never know that I accepted an offer for my whole port. No mention of it and everything appears as if nothing happened. Kinda confusing.

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:40 AM   #63 (permalink)

OK. Thanks for the info, Swipe79. Appreciate it.
muchotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:41 AM   #64 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Yeah, I have no idea how to sell my port either, but I'd love to do it.

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:44 AM   #65 (permalink)

Promotions Manager on the left side on your dashboard or you can advertise it here and see if someone wants to purchase it. Let me know what you'd like to get, I may be interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
Yeah, I have no idea how to sell my port either, but I'd love to do it.

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:08 PM   #66 (permalink)

Port sales are pretty simple with the slider, just not easy to customize, hopefully that changes later.

Shameless plug though...trying to sell a partial port of football......check it out for those of you that buy these.

Promotion Details - COMC Online Marketplace
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:38 PM   #67 (permalink)

Can you edit the price of the port while it is currently for sale?

I am looking to sell the entire thing in one shot (which is probably going to be difficult because of the size)

Here is My Port if there are any high-rollers that read this thread
chelseafc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:09 PM   #68 (permalink)

Debating doing a port sale. No clue what I'm doing really.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:09 PM   #69 (permalink)

I'm looking to sell my small but nice port as well. Willing to negotiate so shoot me a pm
addiesdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:25 AM   #70 (permalink)

I had a small stint with COMC and ended up selling my port twice for a decent amount.

But now I've compiled a LOT of cards. I mean, probably 20,000-30,000 almost all immediately stored into 3,200ct boxes. They're from box/case breaks over the last 5-10 years. Of course they're mostly base, but there's plenty of rookies/inserts/#'d/etc. I'd say mostly basketball, with plenty of baseball and football too. Plus memorabilia/oddball items/etc.

Do you guys buy lots like these to fill your COMC inventory?

I put it on Craigslist but generated only minor attention including one guy who wanted to meet in person to see them, and only wanted to dish out a hundred bucks or so.

BUT, I don't have the interest to weed through them or COMC them or anything like that.

Just wondering if this is how you guys populate your inventory? Things like this obviously aren't ship-able and I guess nobody in my local area has enough interest lol.
paul06901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:34 AM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
I had a small stint with COMC and ended up selling my port twice for a decent amount.

But now I've compiled a LOT of cards. I mean, probably 20,000-30,000 almost all immediately stored into 3,200ct boxes. They're from box/case breaks over the last 5-10 years. Of course they're mostly base, but there's plenty of rookies/inserts/#'d/etc. I'd say mostly basketball, with plenty of baseball and football too. Plus memorabilia/oddball items/etc.

I put it on Craigslist but generated only minor attention including one guy who wanted to meet in person to see them, and only wanted to dish out a hundred bucks or so.

BUT, I don't have the interest to weed through them or COMC them or anything like that.

Just wondering if this is how you guys populate your inventory? Things like this obviously aren't ship-able and I guess nobody in my local area has enough interest lol.

Last edited by chezball; 07-07-2014 at 08:44 AM.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:30 AM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post

Where are you located? I would be interested if I am local.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:59 PM   #73 (permalink)

bumping this up. Trying to sell the rest of my Hockey, and other than two minimum offers, haven't had much action yet. Anyone sell any partial ports recently?
Old 08-05-2014, 02:04 PM   #74 (permalink)

Seems they do if you want 25% for your cards
cowboyfaninlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:06 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyfaninlr View Post
Seems they do if you want 25% for your cards
I would take 25% of full asking right now if someone offered it (hint hint to all out there, that's 250).