Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2014, 11:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Do entire ports sell anymore on COMC?

Just wondering without the BV now how do you know if somebody hasn't just jacked up their prices to make a port sale look good?
dcaudle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

It takes much more work now for the buyer to go through the ports and determine if they are worthy....so many of the cards are artificially inflated so it jacks up the asking price...sad but true
Old 06-22-2014, 11:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

I think the smaller ports are easier to sell.
chezball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

I stopped buying ports for the most part.
I went from 8 a month when it was in classifieds to 4 when it was in promotions to 1 a month if I am lucky.
marines4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

yeah i bought 2 this week but all in all port buys are awful now and before that it had been 2 months since i bought one
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
yeah i bought 2 this week but all in all port buys are awful now and before that it had been 2 months since i bought one
I sold one to OldPaper a little while back, but it was tiny. Trying to build mine up again to sell again hahaha.

Trout, Ellington, Soler, Baez, and more!
SpastikMooss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:19 AM   #7 (permalink)

I put my port up for sale about 10 days ago. I've gotten two offers that were a little lower than I am willing to sell for, but they were not lowball offers.

On the bright side, since I started my port sale, my sales have been on fire. I've sold more in 10 days than I normally do in an entire month!
peterose4hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:34 AM   #8 (permalink)

I got tired of waiting on my overdue submissions and sold my port last week in 15 minutes (for 25 less than my asking price 350.00). It actually worked great because a lot of cards were discounted to .12 cents for overdue processing charges.

I had 350 cards in the port...only change I made was increasing prices to prevent too low of offers. However I was shocked to sell it so fast.

http://s.photobucket.com/user/bn087/library/Sports%20Cards
http://comc.com/users/getnixd - 30% Auto Accept RIGHT NOW!
bn087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:51 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post

Ask old paper how terrible the port was I sold him.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryw View Post
Ask old paper how terrible the port was I sold him.
It was good enough....not a steal, but I am just trying to grow my port and get some variety
Old 06-24-2014, 12:31 PM   #11 (permalink)

I sold three relatively small portions of my port the last couple days. Nothing huge, so took almost the minimum allowed, but it allowed me to get some older inventory out, and got some money to get some new inventory in.
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:51 PM   #12 (permalink)

My port sale expired the other day and I am getting ready to relist it. From what I read on the forums it seemed like the offers were usually 1/3 of the asking price so I set my price to where a 33% offer would be in the ballpark of what I want for it. Maybe my strategy was off though. Did my high sale price scare potential buyers away?
peterose4hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:59 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
I sold three relatively small portions of my port the last couple days. Nothing huge, so took almost the minimum allowed, but it allowed me to get some older inventory out, and got some money to get some new inventory in.
What kind of portioning can you do? Is it still just by year or sport? I asked them at one time to allow by batch, but didn't know if that was possible yet.

Auto accepting 20% off at COMC.
GoBeavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:00 PM   #14 (permalink)

I wish it was easier to buy and sell ports.

I dislike the people who artificially inflate just so they can advertise a huge discount.

I am trying like hell to get to 20,000 items so I obviously will need to buy some more ports, but it has been really annoying lately.

I am also curious how the MONSTERS like RookiesAndJerseys maintain such a large inventory... I make a point every morning to go out and buy enough to keep 13,000 cards in stock and it can be a hassle... They / He / She has like 1.2 million and growing

I want to eventually become one of the big sellers on COMC, but it is a lot of work when it is just me and I have a full time job and other commitments
Old 06-24-2014, 01:25 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDPAPER View Post
It was good enough....not a steal, but I am just trying to grow my port and get some variety

not a steal? maybe the next one will be then lol
Old 06-24-2014, 01:29 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrett View Post

I dislike the people who artificially inflate just so they can advertise a huge discount.

I am trying like hell to get to 20,000 items so I obviously will need to buy some more ports, but it has been really annoying lately.

I am also curious how the MONSTERS like RookiesAndJerseys maintain such a large inventory... I make a point every morning to go out and buy enough to keep 13,000 cards in stock and it can be a hassle... They / He / She has like 1.2 million and growing

I want to eventually become one of the big sellers on COMC, but it is a lot of work when it is just me and I have a full time job and other commitments

id venture to say they are mainly buying collections offline. its a lot easier to get a great collection cheap locally then it would be from collectors online...I would imagine the amount of people with decent collections would start to slim and they would have to constantly keep advertising further and further from home
Old 06-24-2014, 01:35 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrett View Post

Been saying it all the time, COMC takes alot of time. But if you do COMC fulltime it could actually be a "job" and income .

The insurance questions is the only part that keeps me from sending more in.
amazingpacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:17 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBeavs View Post
What kind of portioning can you do? Is it still just by year or sport? I asked them at one time to allow by batch, but didn't know if that was possible yet.
I did it by sport, got rid of some basketball, hockey and multi sport in 3 different sales. I really wish it was more customizable, but for now, you can only sell one sport at a time, with a year range.
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:40 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryw View Post
id venture to say they are mainly buying collections offline. its a lot easier to get a great collection cheap locally then it would be from collectors online...I would imagine the amount of people with decent collections would start to slim and they would have to constantly keep advertising further and further from home
They are usually in the top buyers as well as top sellers on the site.
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:01 PM   #20 (permalink)

I dont understand the issue with asking more for your cards before marking on sale. Here is my example of my last port sale and why I increased my prices to BV on my high end items:

Port buyers are looking to buy to flip. My 350 cards had an ask price of 880.00 originally (20%-80% off "bv" was average) and I auto accepted 30% off. If I listed my port with a value of 880.00, I would get ask prices around $200. Thats way too low for me to negotiate and I may not get $300

I increased the top cards in my port to around BV which gets me to an ask price of $1400....and that brought me a quick $325.00 which wouldnt have been possible in my mind otherwise. Nothing was overly inflated to throw off the value of my port, but the sale was designed to generate enough $ for me to be worth it..

Old 06-24-2014, 03:23 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn087 View Post
I dont understand the issue with asking more for your cards before marking on sale. Here is my example of my last port sale and why I increased my prices to BV on my high end items:

Port buyers are looking to buy to flip. My 350 cards had an ask price of 880.00 originally (20%-80% off "bv" was average) and I auto accepted 30% off. If I listed my port with a value of 880.00, I would get ask prices around $200. Thats way too low for me to negotiate and I may not get $300

I increased the top cards in my port to around BV which gets me to an ask price of $1400....and that brought me a quick $325.00 which wouldnt have been possible in my mind otherwise. Nothing was overly inflated to throw off the value of my port, but the sale was designed to generate enough $ for me to be worth it..

I don't blame you for doing that and more power to you for getting what you wanted for it...it takes alot of work to buy a port because you have so many people making a $1 card at $8 card and so forth..it is up to the buyer to do the research to make sure it makes sense for them...not the seller.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:49 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDPAPER View Post
I don't blame you for doing that and more power to you for getting what you wanted for it...it takes alot of work to buy a port because you have so many people making a $1 card at $8 card and so forth..it is up to the buyer to do the research to make sure it makes sense for them...not the seller.
Ive wanted to buy ports, but have only sold them thus far. It does seem risky to buy a port without research. I dont know how I sold mine in 15 minutes but it was sold to one of the top sellers (in total inventory).

You were being nice on the $1 card for $8...Ive seen those $1 cards for $10-$49.99 sitting around. It is up to the buyer to research but in all 3 port sales Ive done, Ive never had an offer over 25% off my original ask price so I try to adjust my port to be happy with that amount...but also not too much to scare away buyers from offering.

Old 06-24-2014, 05:17 PM   #23 (permalink)

Location: Atlanta, but mostly hotel rooms around the country due to work

I keep reading about the buying and selling of ports. Is that where you're buying a lot, or the sellers store? Kinda confused about the whole port thing.

http://s1302.photobucket.com/user/atlantafalconpokerpro/library/?sort=3&page=0
AtlantaHomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:02 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaHomer View Post
I keep reading about the buying and selling of ports. Is that where you're buying a lot, or the sellers store? Kinda confused about the whole port thing.
Its when the seller is selling a large portion of his "port"folio at a reduced price.
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:03 PM   #25 (permalink)

Trying to sell off the non-baseball part of my ports - no luck yet.

Selling Non-Baseball Part of my Port - Basketball, Football, Soccer, etc.

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is offline   Reply With Quote