Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2014, 07:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Highs & Lows on ebay this week....

Had 1 canceled sale this week, buyer said he'd still buy from me again...we'll see.

My first unpaid item case in over 6 months closed successfully. Username: 11motorcrazy11.

Highs!

Broke a volume & Sales Record this month! 53 sales with $270.00 in revenue. Not bad for June.

Going to upgrade to an Premium store.

Have been on a hot streak in my breaks too.

Also have gotten a feedback that really summed up why I'm selling on ebay like this:

Really fast shipping, Last card to complete my set, thanks. A++++++++++++Ebayer.

Really gave me a giddy feeling! I love helping out set collectors.

Guess you take the good with the bad. Thanks for your patience with me the past couple weeks. Been on a learning curve & have had to recover from a bunch of mistakes earlier in the week.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:01 AM   #2 (permalink)

chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

So long as the highs out weigh the lows, you're doing alright!
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

Nah, its how you handle the lows, that makes the highs feel better.

I fiddled around with Selling Manager Pro & uploaded 42 auctions in 2 hours.

Has a really neat bulk sell item as feature, where you can simply cut & paste and edit listings.

Have a free auction special, so it worked really well. Test the waters with a new listing method for cheaper cards.

I'm also testing random times of day to do auctions. I know there is the really popular times, like Sunday night & Thursday evening/afternoon. But I'm going to do some of the weird times with my inexpensive cards.

All it takes is a bid to sell anyway.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

What are your techniques for selling lower end cards? I scanned almost 1000 cards in the past few days and am looking to some things this summer with my free time. Any tips are appreciated!
chelseafc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hey Ben,

Nice work on the highs out-powering the lows! That's always good!

Question for you ... you have over 2,000 active auctions/store items. Aside from the 100 or 150 or however many free listings/month, are you paying $.20 per item to list each item and then renewing them every 7 days? Or even with "good 'till cancelled" that would be $.20 each item per week of listing, correct?

With 2,000 items at $.20 per that comes out to $400/week for listings? Multiply that by 4 and that's $1,600/month.

Just wondering if that's correct. I opened a store recently and want to keep items listed but even though FVF's are less, the $.20/listing is still ridiculous!
paul06901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
Hey Ben,

Nice work on the highs out-powering the lows! That's always good!

Question for you ... you have over 2,000 active auctions/store items. Aside from the 100 or 150 or however many free listings/month, are you paying $.20 per item to list each item and then renewing them every 7 days? Or even with "good 'till cancelled" that would be $.20 each item per week of listing, correct?

With 2,000 items at $.20 per that comes out to $400/week for listings? Multiply that by 4 and that's $1,600/month.

Just wondering if that's correct. I opened a store recently and want to keep items listed but even though FVF's are less, the $.20/listing is still ridiculous!

He said he upgraded to a premium store, so he is paying 10 cents per listing for up to 30 days fixed price and 15 cents auction. He also gets 500 free listings. GTC listings renew every 30 days.

For listing Turbolister is faster than the selling manager is. I have templates set I can do 50 an hour if I am undistracted.
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseafc11 View Post
What are your techniques for selling lower end cards? I scanned almost 1000 cards in the past few days and am looking to some things this summer with my free time. Any tips are appreciated!
I sell low end stuff for the lowest price possible and ship in a PWE on purchases under 4.00. I charge a flat 1.00 shipping no matter what you buy. I average about 800 cards a month shipped in a PWE and the last issue with one was in February. Since the end of May I have refunded 4 cards that were damaged in bubble mailers and had a few say the item never arrived the tracking showed delivered on all but 1.

Last edited by shrevecity; 07-02-2014 at 12:01 AM.
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
I ship low end stuff for the lowest price possible and ship in a PWE on purchases under 4.00. I charge a flat 1.00 shipping no matter what you buy. I average about 800 cards a month shipped in a PWE and the last issue with one was in February. Since the end of May I have refunded 4 cards that were damaged in bubble mailers and had a few say the item never arrived the tracking showed delivered on all but 1.
Thanks for the response. I am assuming you do not get the top rated seller discount with the PWEs then? Do you mind PMing me your eBay ID so i can check out your listings?
chelseafc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
He said he upgraded to a premium store, so he is paying 10 cents per listing for up to 30 days fixed price and 15 cents auction. He also gets 500 free listings. GTC listings renew every 30 days.

For listing Turbolister is faster than the selling manager is. I have templates set I can do 50 an hour if I am undistracted.
Thanks for the info!

The $.10 per listing is good for 30 days with a Premium Store?

So, essentially, the $.10 listing fee is the same for 5 days or 30 days?

I have a regular store but I've been foolishly listing 7-day for $.20 then relisting -- got to be pointless and costly. If it were $.20/month for each listing it seems much more reasonable and I could live items in the "store" like I feel they should be.

I had a store a few years back but since then I forgot everything to them!
paul06901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:20 AM   #11 (permalink)

Location: Atlanta, but mostly hotel rooms around the country due to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by benshobbies View Post
Nah, its how you handle the lows, that makes the highs feel better.

I'm also testing random times of day to do auctions. I know there is the really popular times, like Sunday night & Thursday evening/afternoon. But I'm going to do some of the weird times with my inexpensive cards.

All it takes is a bid to sell anyway.
I've been paying close attention to when I start/end auctions.I think starting auctions at the wrong time could affect total sales by at least 20%

I've also ran into situations where I originally had a card for bin. Then ended up auctioning and got more than what the bin was. Or, had an auction start price at 40.00, or a bin at 59.00. With the auction about to end with no bids, someone pays 59. EBay is hard to predict.

http://s1302.photobucket.com/user/atlantafalconpokerpro/library/?sort=3&page=0
AtlantaHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:17 PM   #12 (permalink)

Lows this weak for me:

Bought two BGS graded cards for great prices (IMO) and both cases came scratched. Looking back can see the marks in the scan for one of them but not the other. Still considering sending for re-grading but not sure if I want to wait.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:23 PM   #13 (permalink)

As bad as I dislike many ebay policies they really are the only game in town. I just reopened my store a few days ago and have sold more already than the 128 sales I have for the YEAR on Collector Revolution. I love Sportlots and sell many cards there but bottom line eBay is the king and probably always will be, so i deal with their crazy anti seller rules in order to move inventory and with all the free listing deals and the relist 3 time for free it isn't expensive for the market you are exposed to.
cowboyfaninlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:55 PM   #14 (permalink)

Broke a volume & Sales Record this month! 53 sales with $270.00 in revenue. Not bad for June.

Going to upgrade to an Premium store.

Congratulations on achieving all of those milestones. By Premium Store, you mean the $50 a month deal? I would recommend against that if your sales volume is $250 per month. You'd be better off with fewer listings selling for more dollars. You can do this by combining similar items into larger lots.

Suppose you were to set a minimum starting price for each listing of, say, $20. Then when creating new listings with items which would sell for less than $20, you can combine them until the asking price for the lot is at least $20.

With your ability to list so much stuff, and your enthusiasm for selling, you might see your sales climb from a few hundred dollars per month to a few thousand dollars per month. Good luck!